criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Idea for Vader fix

Prev1
Here is an idea: what if the more people you catch in choke, the more reduction you get? 15% for every person you catch, caps at 90%

So in HvV, even if you got the whole team you'd only get 60%.

In GA, you'd have to get 6 people to get the full 90%.

Good idea?

Replies

• NomiSunstrider
    3384 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Good idea. Would require smart plays still, since the more you choke, the more DR you get.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Good idea.

Thanks, thought of it while walking outside.
  • They should make starcard for that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• This... is an excellent solution. Nicely done. :)
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Hmm. Neat idea.

That would be cool. He doesn’t get mitigation for free, which is nice.

Remove CC immunty and add this. Cool dynamic.
  • Here is an idea: what if the more people you catch in choke, the more reduction you get? 15% for every person you catch, caps at 90%

Good idea?

Sure in theory, only problem is say you even manage to get 6 players in the choke radius, the choke WILL NOT work on all 6. We know this.
  • this is a pretty good idea I like it.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • realta333 wrote: »
    Here is an idea: what if the more people you catch in choke, the more reduction you get? 15% for every person you catch, caps at 90%

Good idea?

Sure in theory, only problem is say you even manage to get 6 players in the choke radius, the choke WILL NOT work on all 6. We know this.

True, but if it deals damage, it counts.
  • The idea is to make it weaker in smaller encounters and stronger in larger one. If you time it right, your choke is more powerful.
  • Sorry, on paper this idea seem good but in the end it miss the principal problem. The principal problem is that Vader is melted by the enemies that aren't hit by the choke. If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you, 30% is nothing and you will be melted anyway
  • I'd go for this.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Sorry, on paper this idea seem good but in the end it miss the principal problem. The principal problem is that Vader is melted by the enemies that aren't hit by the choke. If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you, 30% is nothing and you will be melted anyway

That's the point sergeant. If you don't use it on big groups you die.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you

.... then don't Choke in that situation....

Lol
  • I want 100% damage reduction all day errrday even when ability is not activated.
  • That’s actually a pretty neat solution. But it seems to be more like what a star card would do. So you’d have to replace one of his cards, I don’t know which.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • That’s actually a pretty neat solution. But it seems to be more like what a star card would do. So you’d have to replace one of his cards, I don’t know which.

Replace his garbage stamina one. Or his deflection stamina one.

Sounds cool

Doesn't Vader already have the best deflection stamina for DS? Haha it's one of the most useless cards ever.

Doesn't Vader already have the best deflection stamina for DS? Haha it's one of the most useless cards ever.

It allows him to Black like 4 more shots lol
  • An outstanding concept but not sure if its workable. I mean the devs can't even get blocking to work while choking.

• An outstanding concept but not sure if its workable. I mean the devs can't even get blocking to work while choking.

Well they have code to deal more damage if two or more people are caught in choke. This is still plausible due to that.

Not really dooku does decreases damage with lightning stun
    Sorry, on paper this idea seem good but in the end it miss the principal problem. The principal problem is that Vader is melted by the enemies that aren't hit by the choke. If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you, 30% is nothing and you will be melted anyway

Yes bring back 90% on Choke so i can choke without thought. Even 30% is not enough for you lmao. Give me a break.

You are a heroes vs villains player. Thus nerf on Vader choke don't affect Vader in heroes vs villains but in Galactic Assault, so I don't know why you defend it so hard.
    Kenobi push have damage reduction, Anakin Retribution have damage reduction, and the same is true for Kylo and Grievous. Now tell me why the most sir duck ability in the fame (the choke) shouldn't have a damage reduction.
    Stop to say silly things.

Yes bring back 90% on Choke so i can choke without thought. Even 30% is not enough for you lmao. Give me a break.

You are a heroes vs villains player. Thus nerf on Vader choke don't affect Vader in heroes vs villains but in Galactic Assault, so I don't know why you defend it so hard.
    Kenobi push have damage reduction, Anakin Retribution have damage reduction, and the same is true for Kylo and Grievous. Now tell me why the most sir duck ability in the fame (the choke) shouldn't have a damage reduction.

Can't you just accept this is a good idea?

Not really dooku does decreases damage with lightning stun
    Well that’s a silly mechanic and should be removed. And damage reduction should be mostly locked behind cards.

He won’t stop until Vader is invulnerable.

Lol true.
  • Raices
    1443 posts Member

That would require a huge amount off buffs tho

It allows him to Black like 4 more shots lol

9.2 to be precise.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• NomiSunstrider
    3384 posts Member
    edited October 17

Wrong, im a GA player. I play like 80% GA and 20% HvV.

But i am against a ridiculous 90% dmg reductions on abilities that are pretty strong.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Idea for Vader fix > Try to play smarter...

And you won't stop until all heros are trash and on the same level as your previous troopers
  • LafenChuck wrote: »
    Idea for Vader fix > Try to play smarter...

Idea for understanding nerfs effects on GA = try playing it
  • I think the whole issue is more about heroes and villains being too cheap and generally too quick to kill on GA specifically.

They need to be more expensive with better general worth and balance, stopping the mode becoming a HvV add on.

If you've earned the ability to play as Vader for example, he should be powerful but not invincible. GA being an all eras chaotic mash up constitutes to the issues with heroes and villains facing these kinds of nerf or increase problems.

And you won't stop until all heros are trash and on the same level as your previous troopers
    I won’t stop until the game is balanced, and thanks to people like you, it will never be.

I won’t stop until the game is balanced, and thanks to people like you, it will never be.

Oof
  • So in HvV, even if you got the whole team you'd only get 60%.

Why would you need damage reduction if you've got the whole opponents team?
  • Big brain alert 🧠

Balanced for just HvV or GA as well.
  • TheUltimateHope
    1351 posts Member
    edited October 18
    What a weird idea. The more you choke, the less enemies to shoot at you lolz.
  • What a weird idea. The more you choke, the less enemies to shoot at you lolz.

Just let vader get 55% damage reduction again. 30% with base focused rage, remove 200 bonus health & 150 strike damage. Tired of the devs ignoring GA balance for these HvV players.. Exactly why I abandoned GA.
  • What a weird idea. The more you choke, the less enemies to shoot at you lolz.

Just let vader get 55% damage reduction again. 30% with base focused rage, remove 200 bonus health & 150 strike damage. Tired of the devs ignoring GA balance for these HvV players.. Exactly why I abandoned GA.

That's not getting through lol, let's adopt Plan C.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Big brain alert 🧠

Lol dude
  • hosco33 wrote: »

Why would you need damage reduction if you've got the whole opponents team?

So if one of your stupid teammates knocks them out of it.

HvV, it’s not my fault DICE can’t separately balance

HvV, it’s not my fault DICE can’t separately balance

Bruh