criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Hacks are a sad reality on PC

I am playing right now and I have played with two cheaters that have aimbot and wallhack. Are DICE aware of this?? Are you devs gonna allow this in your game??

I have reported in Origin but I think that doesn't work.

Replies

• they are aware and dont care
    just like they are aware of how broken anakin is and dont care either
  • PC is always a platform of hacking and modding, you cannot change that. It has become a cult since a long time!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • 😭😭 this game could be amazing on PC.. I get my heroes one shorted by hackers all the time
  • Why do people even play Multiplayer games on PC? This literally happens in every multiplayer game on pc the main reason I stay away from them the slight graphics and performance upgrade isn’t worth going through that
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • People play on PC because of...

Keyboard and mouse and if you want to use your controller instead you can.
    Dedicated servers - no longer a thing due to selling people loot boxes
    Better graphics
    Better performance
    Mods
    faster load times

Better graphics
    Better performance
    Mods
    faster load times

Those may all be true but a good gaming PC is very expensive and on console I never have to deal with a hacker.

Better graphics
    Better performance
    Mods
    faster load times
    Only think worth it is Mods which is also the reason it’s the Worst platform.
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Pc games are always full of people cheating and using mods. It's the reason why I will never buy a gaming pc and stick with consoles
  • Why do people even play Multiplayer games on PC? This literally happens in every multiplayer game on pc the main reason I stay away from them the slight graphics and performance upgrade isn’t worth going through that

Because PC > console. And explaining the reasons why to you would clearly cause an argument. PC is just better, and if you've avoiding solely because of hackers thats not a good reason.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Oh yeah, I've only ever dealt with one hacker on the original battlefront and 2 on this one. They are always one-shot hackers, though I've never seen an aimbot hacker, hard to tell on pc gaming.

Yes its a problem, but not as bad of a problem as it could be. If you've ever played multiplayer minecraft on pc, then you'll see how lucky Battlefront is
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Liz4rD
    1121 posts Member
    I barely find cheaters on PC playing Battlefront II, so they are annoying when they are on my match, but not really a problem that could impact my gaming experience in general.
  • Well it's not going to be fixed and the cheats won't be banned. Apart from hackers there are "soft" hackers who turn it on/off...based on how bad they are doing. Then there's legit obi glitchers....and now some annoying plebs somehow bind that kenobeeh emote with every swing.....damn that's even more annoying :s

Now I just use the PC version to try mods and take hi res pics for my desktop background....apart from that it's a useless waste of space.
  • the biggest motivation to use cheats on pc is to...
    Level up star cards quickly
    unlock all weapons and weapon attachments quickly
    earn credits quickly to buy all skins
  • IIPrest0nII
    4797 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thanks for letting us know. To properly report someone, you'll need to follow the steps in this FAQ: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

As we are not part of the Anti-cheat team, we're not at liberty to discuss the process or details of cheat detection or the results of any reports. Therefore, we'll close this thread. Thank you again.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
This discussion has been closed.