criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

One of your forum users figured out how to make CS for the OT.

The user is geeby_jedi and the post can be found here https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/148028/original-trilogy-capital-supremacy#latest

You devs probably have already considered this. But it is an interesting concept either way.

Here are my ideas how I would do it -

I would start off with Hoth, I'm trying to think of the easiest way to do this OT CS with assets you already have. The hardest thing I would imagine would be the Star Destroyer internal map which maybe they already have lying around somewhere. And since as far as I know the rebels do not have a capital ship of similar size to a star destroyer in the movies so there will have to be some improvisation.

Hoth -

If the Rebels win the ground? = cut scene of the Ion cannon firing at that hovering Star Destroyer and transport ships going up to it. Next is inside the interior of SD. Obj 1. Some kind of gateway they need access to. 2. Destroy a reactor core or two, or, you could be like the Hainan Resort map on BF4 and have an elevator that takes you up to the top or the "bridge" and there you destroy or sabotage consoles.

If the Empire wins the ground? = cut scene of an AT-AT destroying the external Hoth shield generator with Imperial troops moving toward the Rebel base, of course with the Imperial march theme playing (slow version from the ESB the one with the fast arpeggio strings behind the main theme). Next is inside the Rebel base. Obj1 can be similar to GA but more like a mini CS with small post scattered around in there with the Empire spawning at the main gate till they get post. Obj 2 can be same as GA, I see no reason to change it.

Endor / Death Star II -

If the Rebels win the ground? = cut scene of the Endor shield generator blowing up and the rebel fleet moving in to attack Death Star with the triumphant theme playing. Next is inside DS, at this point it could simply be like a GA match or could offer something new like new sections and the mini CS point capturing like above. Since the starfighters in ROTJ at this point were outside trying to get to the main reactor then perhaps the internal teams are once again going for the main weapon like in DS GA. This might should be obj 2.

If the Empire wins the ground? = cut scene of the Empire moving in to attack the base that the rebels fight for at the end of Endor GA and have newly acquired. Again the slow version of the Imperial march plays. Next is inside that base. Obj 1 is to gain dominion of the outer yard and breach that main door. Obj 2 is to maybe blow up that main computer that is in the big final room of Endor GA.

Tatooine / Yavin IV -

If the Rebels win the ground? = cut scene of a Tatooine building roof opening up housing an ion cannon that fires at the hovering SD and transport ships going up to it with the triumphant theme playing, then repeat the Hoth SD interior and objectives.

If the Empire wins the ground? = cut scene of the Empire choosing to expedite the eradication of the rebels by attacking their base at the Jedi Temple. Could have a scene that is opposite to the scene in the new hope where they are in a room watching a video or hologram of the main base and how best to attack it. Next is outside the temple trying to gain dominion of the yard and breach the gates. Obj 2 could be to destroy that main computer room.

Replies

• I think it's definitely cool thematically to move away from Capital Ship vs Capital Ship and instead be more like 'base' vs capital ship. It could still function similarly but would be thematically appropriate.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I think it's definitely cool thematically to move away from Capital Ship vs Capital Ship and instead be more like 'base' vs capital ship. It could still function similarly but would be thematically appropriate.

I wanna be able to take down capital ships in a starfighter though.

The main mode that I get to do that is in Starfighter Assault, but they haven’t expanded on it in nearly two years.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    The user is geeby_jedi and the post can be found here https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/148028/original-trilogy-capital-supremacy#latest

I would start off with Hoth, I'm trying And since as far as I know the rebels do not have a capital ship of similar size to a star destroyer in the movies so there will have to be some improvisation.

MC-80
  • Love this! Concept for Endor is better than I imagined...I’m just imagining how hype I would be to capture objective points on Endor then entering the second Death Star for a GA type objective