criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

That thing with the hope.

1356732

Replies

  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »

    The DICE Team listens to genuine and even not so genuine criticism and try their best with what they have to make it good

    subjective
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    bit they have limited resources. Creating a good Lightsaber system or a Game in general is far from easy.

    I don't doubt they have limited resources, and I don't doubt creating a good combat system for the sabers is easy, either. In fact that's precisely my point. Why are they neglecting the other aspects of the game and perpetually chasing a balance they will clearly never find regarding the saber/force based combat? When at the VERY LEAST they could do some of the minuscule stuff that's being requested for other parts of the game?
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »

    YAAASSS QUEEN-ing is important to get money and attention to make it better. If no one likes it it gets thrown away.
    YAAAAAS QUEEN" is literally what any game dev would want to hear from their community...

    tccm1bibhxjw.gif


    This point went straight over both of your heads

    Nobody said hype/publicity isn't good. It is, but it's a surface level benefit. They could add Ahsoka and ultimately hero combat will still be a mess, other parts of the game will still be lacking, feedback will be ignored pertaining to certain non-hero units, etc. Capitalizing on blind hype from players like you guys in hopes that people will just disregard these other things is not a good way to handle the 'live service.'

    You also seem to be implying that Ahsoka is unique in her ability to generate hype. Which is untrue. You have no way of knowing that characters like Jyn or Krennic wouldn't be just as well received; they probably would be. And in addition to all of that, they would potentially bring the aforementioned benefits that Ahsoka could not. That's a way in which those characters are objectively better than Ahsoka.
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    The Yaas Queening about Clone Wars content saved it and Made the devs able to continue working on it.
    Disagree. The CW appeal played a part in drumming up buzz, no doubt, but you're undercutting the fact that those additions were pretty much the first instance of substantial content drops in the game's lifespan. Additional units, new maps, new large scale game mode, these are the things people were keen on. They just happened to be clone wars.


    [+3748 posts]
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

    While Grievous carries 2, he might as well only be using one, because he swings them both at the same time, they don't even have separate hitboxes. Ahsoka/Ventress could be differentiated by giving them an alternating saber attack animation, making them the fastest saber attacks in the game, but with slightly lower damage per hit than the other saber characters. DICE could even give players independent control of each saber, with LT/L2/Left Mouse for the Left saber attack and RT/R2/right mouse for the right saber attack, with blocking tied to another button; they could even let Ahsoka and Ventress block with one saber while attacking with the other (but with reduced damage and fast stamina drain as a tradeoff) if they really wanted to add something new to saber combat.

    They can't even make it flow smoothly the way it currently "works," I'm not sure throwing experimental concepts at an already janky system is a bright idea. In all honesty this might be the reason Grievous was not made particularly unique in the first place when it comes to his multiple lightsabers.

    I'm sorry, but the whole 2 sabers is nothing new excuse doesn't fly with me, because DICE could easily make them something new. Not to mention all of the cool abilities DICE could add for Ahsoka and Ventress that wouldn't really be possible on any other potential saber character.

    They could potentially make anything new, cool, or different. That's what we're trying to tell you. When you phrase it like this you're acting like somehow it only pertains to Ahsoka and therefore gives her precedence over other characters or even other kinds of content. When in reality it doesn't. At all.
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    Stating your opinions like they are facts is not an argument

    [+3748 posts]
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    You do realize that they can give the weapons unique characteristics, damage values, cooling power, attachments, etc?

    I wouldn’t say new weapons are worthless, but they aren’t exactly the miracle cure some people here act like they would be.

    It’d be very nice if we got new weapons...(GIVE ME MY BO-RIFLE.), but it’s not the end of the world that we don’t have more.
    So this is how it all ends....

    Goodbye Battlefront II.
    Goodbye fellow forumgoers..
    Goodbye to this community..
    Goodbye to the forums...
    This is the end...
    f9uuf50mf9dx.png
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

    I wouldn’t say new weapons are worthless, but they aren’t exactly the miracle cure some people here act like they would be.

    Nobody thinks they're a "miracle cure"

    Though at least you can acknowledge Warfare's awful take on things
    [+3748 posts]
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    Really? You think? Errm. Ok
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    You do realize that they can give the weapons unique characteristics, damage values, cooling power, attachments, etc?

    I wouldn’t say new weapons are worthless, but they aren’t exactly the miracle cure some people here act like they would be.

    It’d be very nice if we got new weapons...(GIVE ME MY BO-RIFLE.), but it’s not the end of the world that we don’t have more.
    Any unique characteristics are already covered in the weapons we have now, any more would just be filler. The Bo Rifle seems like a weapon that's better tied to a Reinforcement than an ordinary trooper.
    I agree though, they are no miracle cure.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    You do realize that they can give the weapons unique characteristics, damage values, cooling power, attachments, etc?

    I wouldn’t say new weapons are worthless, but they aren’t exactly the miracle cure some people here act like they would be.

    It’d be very nice if we got new weapons...(GIVE ME MY BO-RIFLE.), but it’s not the end of the world that we don’t have more.
    Any unique characteristics are already covered in the weapons we have now, any more would just be filler. The Bo Rifle seems like a weapon that's better tied to a Reinforcement than an ordinary trooper.
    I agree though, they are no miracle cure.

    Dennis Bränvall already said the weapon system is not optimal and needs work rather than throwing new ones on a not optimal system. But he also said revamping the Weapons system would take much time and resources, things they dont have. It would mean absolutly no new content maybe even no big bugfixes for months, as far as i understand his Statement. They need more people and time but they arent in charge over that, they can ask for more but EA is the one to decide if they get more workers hired for that or not. Most got transferred to other projects due to the rocky launch if BF2.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    She’s easily the most liked female Star Wars character

    Up there with Leia and Padme.

    Are you familiar with Star Wars theory on YouTube ? Makes pretty cool Star Wars videos, & has almost 2 million followers. He also post SW polls, & in terms of how many people participate, they’re probably the largest polls out there, routinely getting hundreds of thousands of people. Anyway, one of the latest polls taken was “who’s your favorite female Star Wars character?” Almost 200,000 people voted. Padme got 12%, Leia got 17%....Ahsoka won with 58% of the votes

    You need to think of the demographic of people that would be voting on YouTube polls.
    Im not saying it's inaccurate but any online poll is weighted towards those that use the internet as their main media medium, which runs parallel to age demographic.

    Consequently, while interesting, should not be taken as conclusive.

    It's also with this game, are most of the player base going to eventually subscribe to Disney+ to get the entire Star Wars streaming library with upcoming exclusive shows made for the service?

    If so, then content based on all of those shows should come to the game (live-action or animation, it doesn't matter, as long as there is a story in them) with other non-film elements also like comics, novels, theme parks and VR experiences, etc.

    It's basically another marketing strategy to get Star Wars fans more invested into the offerings of products and experiences coming out of Disney and Lucasfilm like Disney+ and Galaxy's Edge at the parks, for example.

    I agree but not sure if player base would want to stream whole star wars library. For example I have them all on DVD anyway.

    Another interesting point was that the majority of the player base are not engaging in online communication at all.

    Hence the recent outcry for surveys to be done in game. The current surveys are not a good enough representation of the player base.

    The Star Wars streaming library on Disney+ won't just be films but also the shows. And while the shows also get physical home releases from Disney, them being exclusive to the service might prevent them from being released onto Blu-Ray for a while.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

    But the game really really doesn't need it.

    If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

    You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
    It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

    Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Well yes. It's better than adding a few more recycled weapons lol.

    You do realize that they can give the weapons unique characteristics, damage values, cooling power, attachments, etc?

    I wouldn’t say new weapons are worthless, but they aren’t exactly the miracle cure some people here act like they would be.

    It’d be very nice if we got new weapons...(GIVE ME MY BO-RIFLE.), but it’s not the end of the world that we don’t have more.
    Any unique characteristics are already covered in the weapons we have now, any more would just be filler. The Bo Rifle seems like a weapon that's better tied to a Reinforcement than an ordinary trooper.
    I agree though, they are no miracle cure.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the AB-75 & J-19 Bo-Rifles with full quarterstaff-length melee (usable in a trooper class) will come in a Rebels content drop down the road alongside Zeb being a playable hero that wields the AB-75, not so sure about Kallus being a hero wielding the J-19 because he changed factions over the course of the show.

    AB-75

    latest?cb=20141226064646

    J-19

    3bf3f85e3fde75f7e43d4060a2f59b0205be1749_hq.jpg
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    Someone just modded Luke with Ahsoka's Rebels appearance, looks great and does increase my expectations that the devs will do her justice if she does come to the game:

  • lowell wrote: »
    Someone just modded Luke with Ahsoka's Rebels appearance, looks great and does increase my expectations that the devs will do her justice if she does come to the game:


    Its weird ro hear lukes Voicelines with Ahsoka model but its cool. If a modder can do this than the devs are capable of way more.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in Solo because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Has dice confirmed ashoka for battlefront 2????
  • lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Has dice confirmed ashoka for battlefront 2????

    Nope.
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Has dice confirmed ashoka for battlefront 2????

    2jgo6m58ai3q.gif
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Someone just modded Luke with Ahsoka's Rebels appearance, looks great and does increase my expectations that the devs will do her justice if she does come to the game:


    Looks much better than the older Ahsoka mods I have seen, that used Rey as a base.
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Has dice confirmed ashoka for battlefront 2????

    Nope, their NDA's don't allow them to confirm things until the leadership says that it's time to. There have been alot of hints though.
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

    At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

    then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

    CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

    The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

    At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

    then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

    CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

    The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.

    I've seen a few behind-the-scenes, Lucas himself wanted to bring him back. Not to fill TCW plots, but because he admittedly wasted the guy's potential by cutting him in half.

    It is clear the in-universe reasons of his survival are a damn stretch. Surviving thanks to one's anger... but I hope they "at least" try something like this for Palpatine. It's better than saying nothing, especially after his death was tied to a so-called Prophecy.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

    At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

    then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

    CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

    The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.

    I've seen a few behind-the-scenes, Lucas himself wanted to bring him back. Not to fill TCW plots, but because he admittedly wasted the guy's potential by cutting him in half.

    It is clear the in-universe reasons of his survival are a damn stretch. Surviving thanks to one's anger... but I hope they "at least" try something like this for Palpatine. It's better than saying nothing, especially after his death was tied to a so-called Prophecy.

    Exactly, he wasn't going to make the series when he wrote ep 1. When he was going to make CW he realized he'd made a mistake killing off a good character... but .... tough in my book. To engage with Star Wars stories there needs an element of social realism that goes with all the sci fi.
    Bringing characters back after a plot mistake is what happens in bad soap operas.

    Like I said .. crowbarred plot move

    Disappointing
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

    At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

    then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

    CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

    The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.

    You're one of the few people I've seen that didn't like Maul's revival. The Maul arcs in TCW and Rebels are praised as some of the best arcs in both series.

    That's because he is a good character, and most other characters in the series weren't. That's why he was brought back... there was no better ideas.

    Doesn't make it right or good though.

    If you can't think of good enough stories or characters for your series, don't make your series.... Star Wars was well in cash-cow mode by then though.. it wasn't about quality.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

    I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

    Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

    Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

    When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

    Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

    Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

    That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

    At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

    then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

    CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

    The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.

    In-universe, you should be mad at Mother Talzin. Ventress went to Dathomir to seek out her family in the Nightsisters and Talzin basically used her to train Savage, who would be used as part of Ventress' revenge against Dooku, but ended up backfiring and instead diverted him to seek out Maul, who was on Lotho Minor.

    Talzin sensed Maul was still alive and saw more value in him than Ventress in being capable to overthrow Sheev and Dooku and that's why Savage was sent by her to bring him back.

    Maul then started to build up the Shadow Collective to become a big threat to Sheev, leading to a takeover of Mandalore but Sheev then put him in his rightful place and he, Dooku, and Grievous ended the presence of Nightsisters and most of the Nightbrothers in the galaxy.

    The fact that Sheev didn't worry about Maul ruling over Mandalore anymore that he was okay with sending Republic troops to liberate the planet means he knew the planet was going to end up in the hands of the Empire eventually.

    Also, just found out Dathomir (headquarters of Crimson Dawn and home of Maul in both Solo and Rebels) is indeed in Fallen Order alongside Kashyyyk, Mygeeto, Umbara, Bracca, Zeffo, Bogano, make of that information what you will.
  • Ashoka and Ventress are all but confirmed focus your efforts in nerfing every character in the game into the ground like the rest of us so when ashoka does drop we will have something to complain about. wait what
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    Three points of food for thought for those that associate themselves with admiration of the entire Star Wars franchise:

    fsodcqst56vnzwvjereg.gif

    Star Wars is for everyone, George Lucas iterated that each new iteration is for a new generation of kids.

    Jon Favreau re-explained this with context on when George visited him and Dave Filoni on the set of the Mandalorian Season 1:

    https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/culture/heres-what-jon-favreau-and-george-lucas-have-been-talking-about-for-the-mandalorian



    A message from a veteran actor of Star Wars, Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan Jarrus from Rebels (warning: the dialogue might be a bit much for some to handle so watch it if you think you can handle it):



    Alternate link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3aUrNoFE5S/
  • Lyc4n
    2047 posts Member
    I think the fact that theres so many ahsoka threads and so many people comment on them show that she is a really popular character, lets be honest 99% of hate for the character is the fact she hsmt been in a movie... a live action one anyway.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I think the fact that theres so many ahsoka threads and so many people comment on them show that she is a really popular character, lets be honest 99% of hate for the character is the fact she hsmt been in a movie... a live action one anyway.

    Lucasfilm definitely has some plans for her down the road and that was somewhat revealed when Dave Filoni was asked at D23 Expo about her coming to live-action like Saw Gerrera had and likely Bo-Katan in the Mandalorian:

  • lowell wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    I think the fact that theres so many ahsoka threads and so many people comment on them show that she is a really popular character, lets be honest 99% of hate for the character is the fact she hsmt been in a movie... a live action one anyway.

    Lucasfilm definitely has some plans for her down the road and that was somewhat revealed when Dave Filoni was asked at D23 Expo about her coming to live-action like Saw Gerrera had and likely Bo-Katan in the Mandalorian:


    If i learned anything from DICE wirkers was if testing that this hesitating from him and the indirect answer means something is going on behind the scenes that he isnt allowed to talk about. If not he would have said yes directly i think because why wouldnt he want that.
  • Lyc4n
    2047 posts Member
    Sorry guys but the words *straws* and *clutching* come to mind

    To be honest with everything thats come out it sounds to me like theyre just waiting for february to bring her out alongside the new clone wars season. The clone wars season is going to heavily be based around her. People will watch that series and want to play as her. If she doesnt come out during february and clone wars season 7 then i will believe shes not coming into the game.
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Sorry guys but the words *straws* and *clutching* come to mind

    To be honest with everything thats come out it sounds to me like theyre just waiting for february to bring her out alongside the new clone wars season. The clone wars season is going to heavily be based around her. People will watch that series and want to play as her. If she doesnt come out during february and clone wars season 7 then i will believe shes not coming into the game.

    Tbh that sounds a lot more realistic.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    edited October 2019


    Well, the latter three of them died even before reaching the OT era post-Order 66. Ahsoka was one of the first people Bail recruited to start out the Alliance by formation of the Fulcrum spy network, of which Cassian is also designated when joining the Alliance.

    The fact that Lucasfilm made a initiative called Forces of Destiny to celebrate female characters (and the fact Ahsoka is included over Aayla says a lot about the plans they have for her in the future):

    1039863-disney-channel-schedules-new-star-wars-forces-destiny-specials.jpg?itok=Pw7lriQ9

    "The choices we make, the actions we take, moments both big and small, shape us into forces of destiny"-Maz Kanata





    There's also the Women of the Galaxy book that came out last year:

    A1MuIjvv7fL.jpg

    And here is its table of contents:

    8tyeouwe39q11.jpg

    Note that the more important the character is to the canon and the more lore they are associated with, the more pages they get:

    8 pages: Ahsoka, Leia, Padme, Rey

    6 pages: Hera, Jyn, Maz, Phasma, Qi'ra, Rose, Sabine

    4 pages: Aayla, Holdo, Ventress, Aphra, Enfys Nest, Mon Mothma

    Every other character in the book at least got 2 pages minimum.

    The fact that the devs are up to speed on the canon (consumes everything, not just the films themselves) more than you are says how much detailed they are about the future content they want to bring into the game.

    They also have developed a tight relationship with Lucasfilm (who still has to approve everything being developed before being announced to us), which you can't exactly get the same from a standpoint as a fan. They get to visit the production sets to scan them for the game, sent over production assets that can't be scanned like concept art, get to go to Star Wars Celebrations, Galaxy's Edge, etc. for business reasons (research, photogrammetry, talking with Lucasfilm for tie-in marketing to films and shows) in addition to leisure.


    Removed quote ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Spiito
    2286 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    >Hints, speculation, assuredness, none of that matters.
    The number one scenario I think about when it comes down to this, is that even *if* Ahsoka was a reality, there are things that could prevent the final product from being delivered to the consumers. So it wouldn't matter *if* she was a likelihood or not. Things can be in the works, or finished and ready, but not given, for any number of reasons.
    >Until anything is officially announced, it might be best to rein in some expectation.
    I'm confident that Ahsoka is a worthy and well sought after character to be portrayed. *But* her addition is competing against other eras, other modes, and more desirable gameplay which has nothing to do with heroes. On top of all that, the most important thing of all, her addition would be competing with TIME. That leaves some slim chances of her arrival. Considering the next gen consoles will be out fairly soon. Support for older gen games (that aren't on newer products/consoles pushing for business) is likely to dry up...

    If Ahsoka doesn't make it, that's going to be fault from bigger reasons than the ones people choose to focus on...
    vBOsyT1.png
  • I would much rather have anyone of the heroes we haven't got yet from the films. So mace, qui gon, jango, padme, jyn, krennic and dengar are just a few I can think of
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I would much rather have anyone of the heroes we haven't got yet from the films. So mace, qui gon, jango, padme, jyn, krennic and dengar are just a few I can think of

    Correct
  • Why would they add blaster heroes lmao they're liabilities & aren't even chosen like that. Better off making stuff players will actually play
  • Why would they add blaster heroes lmao they're liabilities & aren't even chosen like that. Better off making stuff players will actually play

    You're right. Unfortunately, you will told that the Battlefront series is an infantry based game and will likely be shown a wiki image about it. Despite the majority of the fanbase only giving a **** about lightsaber based characters in star wars.

    It'd be much easier for trooperlords to go play Halo.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Her acrobatic agolity and speed wont make for unique gameplay? What do you mean? All of that paired with a lightsaber makes for very unique potential of abilities. Should could have an ability that when she gets force pushed or chocked she can do a recovery mid air. Could have a passive that allowes her to jump onto and off a wall like a double jump, an ability which leaps her behind her enemy and deals a strike to the back which is heavy hitting. Many things that arent typical force push force pull dash.

    I mentioned mace windu because in terms of force abilities he could play uniquely. He could have a force crush ability like he has done before. Could be the only ls hero to debuff enemies.

    The thing about ashoka is she has more potential for unique abilities than other heroes and yes aesthetically she is also a female and an alien race. It plays a part since the rumours if ahsoka started with tweets saying that more female heroes were needed by the devs.

    You clearly don't understand. It's not that Ahsoka can't be unique if they add her, it's that comparatively she isn't any more unique than another Jedi-type as far as hero implementation goes.

    Literally every single thing you brought up, I can say about Aayla Secura. She fits the bill exactly: there's no reason she couldn't play the same way you described, and she's a female alien. You're proving my point that Ahsoka doesn't have any hallmark traits that would set her apart from another Jedi game-wise.
    o7w8u325h0zm.jpg

    Sabers bad, blasters good.

    @JadeRaptor64

    The conversation actually goes much deeper than that, try having a genuine discussion instead of being bitter
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Her acrobatic agolity and speed wont make for unique gameplay? What do you mean? All of that paired with a lightsaber makes for very unique potential of abilities. Should could have an ability that when she gets force pushed or chocked she can do a recovery mid air. Could have a passive that allowes her to jump onto and off a wall like a double jump, an ability which leaps her behind her enemy and deals a strike to the back which is heavy hitting. Many things that arent typical force push force pull dash.

    I mentioned mace windu because in terms of force abilities he could play uniquely. He could have a force crush ability like he has done before. Could be the only ls hero to debuff enemies.

    The thing about ashoka is she has more potential for unique abilities than other heroes and yes aesthetically she is also a female and an alien race. It plays a part since the rumours if ahsoka started with tweets saying that more female heroes were needed by the devs.

    You clearly don't understand. It's not that Ahsoka can't be unique if they add her, it's that comparatively she isn't any more unique than another Jedi-type as far as hero implementation goes.

    Literally every single thing you brought up, I can say about Aayla Secura. She fits the bill exactly: there's no reason she couldn't play the same way you described, and she's a female alien. You're proving my point that Ahsoka doesn't have any hallmark traits that would set her apart from another Jedi game-wise.
    o7w8u325h0zm.jpg

    Sabers bad, blasters good.

    @JadeRaptor64

    The conversation actually goes much deeper than that, try having a genuine discussion instead of being bitter

    No significant differences other than Ahsoka is much more popular, widely known, and more important to the story of Star Wars as a whole than Aayala Secura. There’s a difference, I don’t know why you’re ignoring(?) it.

    Also, it kinda does boil down to “sabers bad, blasters good.” Yes, there are more saber heroes. Yes, we need Jyn and Krennic. But frankly after those two, how many more truly iconic blaster heroes are there? Yeah, we had Greedo, and Nien Numb, and Dengar, but... would you REALLY have those characters over more iconic characters? I wouldn’t.

    Frankly I’d just want Ahsoka and Ventress, and Jyn and Krennic, and Padme and Jango(?) and then stop with the heroes for quite a long time. We need bug fixes, and blasters, and many other things.

    Just to clarify, Aayla only has one lightsaber in the canon:

    aayla-bio-1_454adc59.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720


    RCO013.jpg

    RCO014.jpg

    RCO015.jpg

    RCO016.jpg

    RCO017.jpg

    RCO018.jpg

    RCO019.jpg

    RCO020.jpg

    RCO021.jpg

    RCO022.jpg

    Battlefront 2 (2005) is Legends and that was the only instance that had Aayla using two lightsabers.

    Ahsoka originally had one lightsaber and then started to use another one in Season 3 going forward.

    I haven't seen another light side female alien hero in the canon that uses two or more lightsabers outside of Ahsoka and I said light side instead of Jedi because she's no longer a Jedi by Season 5, could something happen in Season 7 with the Order pre-Siege of Mandalore and Order 66, who knows?

    For the dark side, we've seen at least 4 dual or multi-lightsaber wielders in canon:

    -Grievous, 2 primarily in this game, typically 4 in other mediums

    -Maul, in TCW, half of his original dual-bladed lightsaber from TPM and the Darksaber

    -Pong Krell, 2 dual-bladed lightsabers from the Umbara arc

    -Sheev, 2 lightsabers (one of them was used in ROTS) against Maul and Savage Opress

    Spoiler tagged images to make browsing easier ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I would much rather have anyone of the heroes we haven't got yet from the films. So mace, qui gon, jango, padme, jyn, krennic and dengar are just a few I can think of

    It depends on how much DICE and Lucasfilm are willing to put them in the game because most of them won't play a larger role in the future of the franchise going forward (film and TV-both animation and live-action-are going to intertwine and probably comics, novels, etc. to an extent if necessary for any storytelling purposes) unless they acknowledge any of them coming back in something later.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Why would they add blaster heroes lmao they're liabilities & aren't even chosen like that. Better off making stuff players will actually play

    Also, people have been interested in Rex, Cad Bane, Hera, Thrawn, Sabine, and Aurra Sing as much as Padme, Jango, Jyn, and Krennic so it's going to be down to DICE and Lucasfilm on who they want to bring in because the majority of the players are just hungry for content.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • ZephanUnbound
    3650 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Her acrobatic agolity and speed wont make for unique gameplay? What do you mean? All of that paired with a lightsaber makes for very unique potential of abilities. Should could have an ability that when she gets force pushed or chocked she can do a recovery mid air. Could have a passive that allowes her to jump onto and off a wall like a double jump, an ability which leaps her behind her enemy and deals a strike to the back which is heavy hitting. Many things that arent typical force push force pull dash.

    I mentioned mace windu because in terms of force abilities he could play uniquely. He could have a force crush ability like he has done before. Could be the only ls hero to debuff enemies.

    The thing about ashoka is she has more potential for unique abilities than other heroes and yes aesthetically she is also a female and an alien race. It plays a part since the rumours if ahsoka started with tweets saying that more female heroes were needed by the devs.

    You clearly don't understand. It's not that Ahsoka can't be unique if they add her, it's that comparatively she isn't any more unique than another Jedi-type as far as hero implementation goes.

    Literally every single thing you brought up, I can say about Aayla Secura. She fits the bill exactly: there's no reason she couldn't play the same way you described, and she's a female alien. You're proving my point that Ahsoka doesn't have any hallmark traits that would set her apart from another Jedi game-wise.
    o7w8u325h0zm.jpg

    Look, I love Aayla more than most, I was an Aayla main in the original Battlefront 2 from 2005's Heroes vs Villains mode, because I loved her dual lightsabers and how deadly her sprint attack animation was (not to mention the fact that she is hot as hell). But let's not pretend that Aayla is even half as popular as Ahsoka, nor half as important to the main storyline of the Skywalker saga, she was simply a background character that got slightly expanded on in Legends material and a few Clone Wars episodes. Not to mention the fact that her dual lightsaber usage from Battlefront 2 (2005) is not canon and therefore can't be added to this Battlefront 2 by DICE.

    Ahsoka and Ventress are the only dual lightsaber user possibilities for this game, since the only other characters we've seen wield 2 lightsabers in canon are Maul and Anakin (who are already in the game without dual lightsabers), Sidious (who DICE has shot down on multiple occasions), Grievous (who has 2 lightsabers in game but doesn't use them independently due to poor design), and Barriss Offee & Kit Fisto (who lack the popularity to be added to the game). Add the gameplay uniqueness that Ahsoka and Ventress can provide to their popularity and the mountain of piling teases and evidence, and they are clear contenders for future addition to the game.

    I'd say that they are by far the most likely saber characters at this point since DICE has already shot down Mace and Sidious. The only question at this point imo is if we get a new blaster pair like Jyn and Krennic next, or Ahsoka and Ventress. Either way, even if Ahsoka and Ventress are next, blasters will come for sure after that, since Ahsoka and Ventress will likely be last saber heroes added to the game, due to DICE shooting down Mace and Sidious, and none of the others having the popularity or pairings needed to be added to the game.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • If we get her, I hope she has a very swift and agile gameplay style. And I hope she holds her light saber backwards.

Sign In or Register to comment.