criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Dashes shouldn’t provide 100% mitigation.

Replies

• Yeah guys, you're all correct, I tested dodging against:
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Bossk's Mines and Micro-Grenades;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;
    And it's incredibly easy to avoid most of the damage from these. The tactic of dash attack dash attack... is now insane. If you time it right and get the magnetic saber effect, you're probably invincible in a 1v1. Blocking is now much less important to stay alive then dodging.

Dodge is the New Block.

And it does affect trooper classes as well, although I have not tested the effectiveness of roll dodges yet.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    So does this mean that shooting a blaster at someone who is dodging will take no damage? Yikes.

Pretty well.

A saber can approach a blaster freely with this change.
    So when they try to help blasters do better against sabers they just end up making sabers even more unstoppable. Double Yikes

At least Kylos Frenzy got a huge nerf....
    against saber users
    And now you can completely negate Han’s detonite charge for example just with a well timed dodge, making him an instant kill.

Oh my god I didn't even think about abilities being nullified 100% 🤦‍♂️ They just ruined every Han or Iden

Yep, plus Bossk mines and maybe rocket barrage for Boba although that's kinda underpowered already. This is THE Ultimate buff for saber heroes.

Bossk is a practically free kill I suppose for any saber hero on LS that takes advantage, just to name one.

I'm unbothered by it affecting Bossks. Cheesy garbage lizard recharges very high damage mines While the others are currently set, and regens health to full at an absurd rate. Made pushing a Bossk a unnecessary chore, and near impossible for blaster heroes. Laughing at Bossk even more now

Frustrating that everyone else has to deal with this too though

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

On one hand, it's quite a nice buff for blaster heroes in GA and CS without breaking anything much, being able to potentially deny some sticky situations they get into like saber heroes do with great efficiency at it.

Still though, it shouldn't exist.

Would it be unfair to allow blaster heroes to keep this, while sabers go back to 20% (or whatever it was).
  • Clone201
    3980 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Clone201 wrote: »
    On one hand, it's quite a nice buff for blaster heroes in GA and CS without breaking anything much, being able to potentially deny some sticky situations they get into like saber heroes do with great efficiency at it.

Would it be unfair to allow blaster heroes to keep this, while sabers go back to 20% (or whatever it was).

It would still be too much for blaster heroes to have 90% mitigation to everything though. An ability like detonite charge is much less effective against blaster heroes too you know.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
    So does this mean that shooting a blaster at someone who is dodging will take no damage? Yikes.

Pretty well.

A saber can approach a blaster freely with this change.
    So when they try to help blasters do better against sabers they just end up making sabers even more unstoppable. Double Yikes

At least Kylos Frenzy got a huge nerf....
    against saber users
    And now you can completely negate Han’s detonite charge for example just with a well timed dodge, making him an instant kill.

Oh my god I didn't even think about abilities being nullified 100% 🤦‍♂️ They just ruined every Han or Iden

Yep, plus Bossk mines and maybe rocket barrage for Boba although that's kinda underpowered already. This is THE Ultimate buff for saber heroes.

Bossk is a practically free kill I suppose for any saber hero on LS that takes advantage, just to name one.

Comment needs approval is perhaps the most infuriating bug in the game

Anyways, I'm completely unbothered by it affecting Bossks. Cheesy garbage lizard recharges his high damage mines While the others are currently set, and regains full health at an absurd rate. Laughing at the Bossk detriment. Made pushing a Bossk an unnecessary chore, and nearly impossible for any Blaster heroes.

He deserves it. Nobody else does. It's frustrating that other blaster heroes except Bossk have to deal with this

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

- Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;
    And it's incredibly easy to avoid most of the damage from these. The tactic of dash attack dash attack... is now insane. If you time it right and get the magnetic saber effect, you're probably invincible in a 1v1. Blocking is now much less important to stay alive then dodging.

Dodge is the New Block.

And it does affect trooper classes as well, although I have not tested the effectiveness of roll dodges yet.

Do the knockdown effects still work even if the damage doesn’t go through (ex. for detonite charge)?
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    Yeah guys, you're all correct, I tested dodging against:
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

Do the knockdown effects still work even if the damage doesn’t go through (ex. for detonite charge)?

It never did in the first place. Detonites were always dash-able to avoid knockdown or stagger

It would still be too much for blaster heroes to have 90% mitigation to everything though. An ability like detonite charge is much less effective against blaster heroes too you know.

Mhm, yes, agreed.

They don’t seem able to fix dodging, so this is what we’re stuck with, I suppose.
  • Clone201
    3980 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

As far as I know, saber heroes can dodge at the same time Han's grenade explodes to avoid the knockdown effect. They only take damage.

And hey, it's not full damage immunity here though, so no such thing as damage not registering.
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

It never did in the first place. Detonites were always dash-able to avoid knockdown or stagger

This ^
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

As far as I know, saber heroes can dodge at the same time Han's grenade explodes to avoid the knockdown effect. They only take damage.

And hey, it's not full damage immunity here though, so no such thing as damage not registering.

And this ^

So you're pretty much invincible while dodging. As saber users have a far easier time hiting you between dodges instead of during them, this buff to dodges is actually much more effective against blaster users.

Once again Saber Lords will reign Supreme. If they are taking a month to revert this nonsense, I hope they at least bring that event of blaster heroes only in HvV so we can have one weekend of no cheesy dodging sabers
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

I must never have timed my dodge against it right then. :-P
  • CC_1010
    3138 posts Member
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

This ^
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

And this ^

So you're pretty much invincible while dodging. As saber users have a far easier time hiting you between dodges instead of during them, this buff to dodges is actually much more effective against blaster users.

Once again Saber Lords will reign Supreme. If they are taking a month to revert this nonsense, I hope they at least bring that event of blaster heroes only in HvV so we can have one weekend of no cheesy dodging sabers

I just want a new strategic HvV. Where individual “skill” actually matters.
    Competitive rounds are very fun and can be very good but the bulk is just gang bang after gang bang.
  • 90% DR while dodging......

How could anybody possibly suggest that and have somebody else say...yeah..that’s a good idea...
    PSN: DarthLando-

True, but it’s an even bigger buff to the sabers who have superior dodges in the first place.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    90% DR while dodging......

How could anybody possibly suggest that and have somebody else say...yeah..that’s a good idea...

Yeah that's a good idea
    joqmjzfln2de.jpg

• Clone201
    3980 posts Member
    edited October 2019

True, but it’s an even bigger buff to the sabers who have superior dodges in the first place.

Of course... It's nice blasters get mitigation also. They need to be more viable in GA and HvV. Saber heroes reign supreme by far and blasters are not worth using over them in the long run because of how easily they are taken out by troopers and heroes alike.
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    In the recent patch, DICE gave dashes 100% mitigation (damage reduction). I presume this was the bandaid fix to stop players from getting hit during dashes. While it works, it causes some issues.

My biggest issue, is how it allows saber heroes to approach a blaster without being being contested. The saber can cycle between blocking while walking forwards and dashing forward. The saber will be immune to the blasters damage the whole time. This also allows sabers to avoid blaster explosive damage too easily.

What are your thoughts on this change?

@SadderJoker when you say dash do you mean dodges with the B button or Luke yoda maul type dash attack?

B button dash/roll.

You will have 90% mitigation for the duration of the animation.

@SadderJoker WOWWWWWW what an oversight lmaoooooooooo
  • If there was any doubt before that there is a saber bias, there should be no doubt now.

Sabers were already very overpowering to blaster users. Now??
  • If there was any doubt before that there is a saber bias, there should be no doubt now.

Now?? Just some extra icing on the cake to make the cake even better.
    - Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

That's all good on paper and theory, but ingame there is a lot of things happening at once, especially in teamfights, not to mention GA and CS matches where there are explosions everywhere.

You wont rly pull that off in most of the matches at least against average players.
    And you wont always dodge Han's Detonite charge or Bossk's mines simply because of the fluidity and chaotic nature of HvV and GA/CS.
    I've played couple of HvV and GA matches, and I didn't find this DR on dodge to be game breaking in any way.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

- Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

That's all good on paper and theory, but ingame there is a lot of things happening at once, especially in teamfights, not to mention GA and CS matches where there are explosions everywhere.

You wont rly pull that off in most of the matches at least against average players.
    And you wont always dodge Han's Detonite charge or Bossk's mines simply because of the fluidity and chaotic nature of HvV and GA/CS.
    I've played couple of HvV and GA matches, and I didn't find this DR on dodge to be game breaking in any way.

Well, I only tried in HvV, and TBF it was very game changing. I can see or assume where Bossk's mines are, I can see Han's detonite coming or stuck somewhere, I can time Iden's secondary fire on my head, and against tighly packed blaster shots it's almost automatic.

I simply rush to these players now instead of blocking my way in, and dodge when their hazards are about to hit me. Palpatine who has no block and one of the most OP dodges in the game loved the change.

What I found very hard to do is to take advantage of that DR against saber users.
    Tired of BUGs?

• I can't remember the last time I've taken a stagger from Han's detonite with a saber hero lmao

Even out of sheer habit, as soon as I hear Bossk mines "beepeepeeepeeeepeeeeep" that I overlook somehow, I use my dashes. Now I get damage reduction while I do it. Yayyyy 🤦‍♂️

• On a much brighter note: Rey finally got a small buff

Balance is worth using 🙌

Balance is worth using 🙌
    Her dodges are so terrible I’m not sure it it’ll help at all

Balance is worth using 🙌

She can be the team/duos designated Bossk cleaner by skirrrrrrrting her shoes across the ground

- Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

Well, I only tried in HvV, and TBF it was very game changing. I can see or assume where Bossk's mines are, I can see Han's detonite coming or stuck somewhere, I can time Iden's secondary fire on my head, and against tighly packed blaster shots it's almost automatic.

I simply rush to these players now instead of blocking my way in, and dodge when their hazards are about to hit me. Palpatine who has no block and one of the most OP dodges in the game loved the change.

What I found very hard to do is to take advantage of that DR against saber users.

I guess now both Bossk mines and Han's Detonite charge are dodgeable, not that those 2 abilities weren't overpowered before. Still even if you dodge them its not that big a deal since you can dodge all other force powers.
    And lets be real Han is the most OP blaster and combined with his Detonite charge he is rly deadly. This makes him sort of balanced now.
    You are forgetting that blaster heroes also have DR during dodge, so they can effectively dodge saber spam as well. And staggers are now reduced as well. Like I said, its not game breaking.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

- Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

I guess now both Bossk mines and Han's Detonite charge are dodgeable, not that those 2 abilities weren't overpowered before. Still even if you dodge them its not that big a deal since you can dodge all other force powers.
    And lets be real Han is the most OP blaster and combined with his Detonite charge he is rly deadly. This makes him sort of balanced now.
    You are forgetting that blaster heroes also have DR during dodge, so they can effectively dodge saber spam as well. And staggers are now reduced as well. Like I said, its not game breaking.

Sabers should never spam against blasters, and I definetly never do that. What's the use of their dodges against saber users if those can simply time their attacks to hit between each dodge?

Independently from how this affects them balance wise, this is indeed a buff to dash dodgers, especially against blaster heroes. Han is OP due to his high damage output, but if I'm a saber user and get close to him, and no ally of his interrupts me, he has no chance ever, it's fairly easy to time dodges (his and mine), blocks, and skill usage. The only thing Han had at close quarters was his 200 to 240 dmg with detonite, which now is only 20 to 24 damage. He's better off trying to melee me then using detonite.

I agree that chaotic encounters diminish the effectiveness of this new DR while dodging, but whenever a clean 1v1 or 1v2 happens, this proves excellent with dash dodgers against blaster users. And in HvV it's far easier to avoid chaos, unlike in the bigger modes.
    Tired of BUGs?

Balance is worth using 🙌

She can be the team/duos designated Bossk cleaner by skirrrrrrrting her shoes across the ground
    I take that back, after playing her since the patch her dodges are sooo much better.

• Dooku and Palps will like this. Dooku and his three dodges will be a good choice in GA again, Palps will be setting new streaks, that's about the only positive (if you can call it that) from this.

Balance is worth using 🙌

I take that back, after playing her since the patch her dodges are sooo much better.

My friend is about to be super happy about Rey

- Han's Detonite;
    - Iden's Secondary Fire;
    - Leia's Rapid Fire;

Dodge is the New Block.

he has no chance ever, it's fairly easy to time dodges (his and mine), blocks, and skill usage. The only thing Han had at close quarters was his 200 to 240 dmg with detonite, which now is only 20 to 24 damage. He's better off trying to melee me then using detonite.

This is something I never thought I'd say: I guess there's going to be a new Han meta for me and my partner. Using Han's detonite as a planted mine 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• anyone got video proof of this?
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • dont know whats even going on in here its actually only 20% damage reduction unless its inconsistent this is confirmed from multiple tests me and some friends have done.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • @RogueZeroRendar

Any chance you can get a clip?
  • @RogueZeroRendar

Any chance you can get a clip?

I managed to get the splitscreen mod working again, I'll do some more tests to check the values of this and many other things. But it really didn't feel like only 20% by playing online, neither from the perspective of who's with the DR, nor from the perspective of who hots the dodging enemy with DR.
    Tired of BUGs?

• Clone201
    3980 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    unit900000 wrote: »
    dont know whats even going on in here its actually only 20% damage reduction unless its inconsistent this is confirmed from multiple tests me and some friends have done.

I'm only getting 20% damage reduction whilst dodging in arcade too. Now that I actually got to test this finally...

Anyone notice 90% mitigation in MP so far then?

Balance is worth using 🙌

My friend is about to be super happy about Rey
    She’s still pretty bad overall, but a buff is a buff

unit900000 wrote: »
    dont know whats even going on in here its actually only 20% damage reduction unless its inconsistent this is confirmed from multiple tests me and some friends have done.

I'm only getting 20% damage reduction whilst dodging in arcade too. Now that I actually got to test this finally...

Anyone notice 90% mitigation in MP so far then?

Its hard to notice in multiplayer with such a small window unless you do it in a controlled environment such as split screen arcade. But i doubt its different in multiplayer. Its the same game mechanics.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I'm glad I read this thread. Today I survived a few 3 on 1 and even 4 on 1 encounters in HVV with Rey by just constantly dodging over and over again, lol

When teammates finally showed up, I could attack one person and kill them, and then the next, and so on. Even having horrible teammates in HVV now won't necessarily mean your demise, thanks for pointing this out.
  • Raices
    1511 posts Member
    Can someone confirm how much is the mitigation?
  • Raices wrote: »

It's enough that when I had Kylo down to what I was sure a kill shot (from Han) he survived sharpshooter during his two dodges and clubbed me down to about 24hp before dying. Of course it is likely some shots didn't register but he was moving straight at me and I got the red shield tink tink tink tink.

I noticed when I was Fett the yellow damage reduction triangle flashed when I hit dodge buy it never seemed to line up with anything happening to see how much it helped.
  • Raices wrote: »

I 100% for sure took almost no damage from a Han detonate and Bossk mines by dashing.
  • Every 4/5 HvV games I've played if the enemy team has a blaster hero and my team had all saber heroes then my team would time most of the time. Blaster heroes are now even more of liability in HvV than ever and the ever persistent stun meta still reigns supreme.
  • hatreds_wrath
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    And yet people would still think launch dodge was broken compared to this...
  • Sorry guys, I was so tired at the time of my last message that I accidentally fell asleep. And now I woke up :D

I'll do the remaining tests I wanted to do now before I go to work
    Tired of BUGs?

• RebelScum13
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    As a Saberlord #teamsaberlord4lyfe I don't think dash should give 100% damage mitigation, that goes for blaster heroes too btw. I alway will feel that they need to bring back the roll the way it was when they first nerfed it. But that's another topic for another time. You heard it here first from a hardcore Saberlord, dashing should not give saber hero's 100% immunity. #teamsaberlord

• Great improvement of this game, I like these changes a lot. Play trooper only modes if you don't like heroes, heroes should be heroes not target practice for troopers like it was before this update.
  • Ok so I also tested it in Arcade Splitscreen and the damage reduction seems to be 20% indeed like mentioned here before by @unit900000 @Clone201

That's weird though, because on Multiplayer it felt way more then this. Other factors may be involved, and I unfortunately didn't record my experience when I felt it was more then 20%. I wouldn't discard the possibility that server side they can change this, and they could have done this on the fly.

But then BUGs or other features messig with the analysis are more likely to be the culprit
    Tired of BUGs?