criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So now saber throws go through block…

I thought everything would be good now that the block breaking mess frenzy was gone. Now, there are two (2) block breakers on tiny cooldowns again. Vader gets 15-190 through a block every 8 seconds and maul gets 80-100 every 8 seconds too. (Correct me on the damage values, I’m not completely sure). So if both Vader and Maul are fighting you, you might as well not even try to block because every few seconds a chunk of your health is gonna randomly go missing.
PSN: this_old_mouse

Replies

• I am glad that Han’s shoulder charge goes through block. Good change. In terms of the saber throws, I just can’t keep track anymore. Hero combat is different after every single update.
  • I am glad that Han’s shoulder charge goes through block. Good change. In terms of the saber throws, I just can’t keep track anymore. Hero combat is different after every single update.
    The difference with shoulder charge is that you have to fully commit to the attack, and it is very easily punishable. You just dodge to the side and slash him in the back. Saber throws however can be used safely from any distance for ez damage through block.
  • Only the saber on the way back hits you, which I don't like either, but it does make sense I guess.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    I thought everything would be good now that the block breaking mess frenzy was gone. Now, there are two (2) block breakers on tiny cooldowns again. Vader gets 15-190 through a block every 8 seconds and maul gets 80-100 every 8 seconds too. (Correct me on the damage values, I’m not completely sure). So if both Vader and Maul are fighting you, you might as well not even try to block because every few seconds a chunk of your health is gonna randomly go missing.
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin
  • MC_XIX
    2398 posts Member
    Every ability now deals damage to blocking enemies if it hits them from behind. Whether it's a Light Side force push, a saber throw or a dash attack. They all deal full damage if you don't block in the right direction. Why single out Vader & Maul as if they received special treatment? I'd rather be hit by saber throw from behind than something like Anakin's Pull Doninance - force abilities also retain their knock down effect when hitting blocking enemies in the back.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Every ability now deals damage to blocking enemies if it hits them from behind. Whether it's a Light Side force push, a saber throw or a dash attack. They all deal full damage if you don't block in the right direction. Why single out Vader & Maul as if they received special treatment? I'd rather be hit by saber throw from behind than something like Anakin's Pull Doninance - force abilities also retain their knock down effect when hitting blocking enemies in the back.
    You know what @Thechosen1_anakin is like, gotta have something to complain about
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin
    No, you’ve got the wrong person. @THESUPAMAXPLAYER is thechosen_1.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Well because every other character needs to get positioned behind a block to be able to get past it, which is pretty difficult. The saber throws on the other hand just do the work for you on their way back. It causes a large stagger, opening you up to attack.

Hi @Thechosen1_anakin
    Nope, you are definitely @Thechosen1_anakin
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin

Definitely. First is was Pigfoot. Then Grand Admiral. Now this new one hahaha
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin

Mouse definitely isnt Chosen_1
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin
    No, lol. We bicker back and forth all the time, how can we be the same person
  • So all I’m asking here is not for the feature to go away necessarily, but increase the cooldowns to something other that a couple seconds.
  • Chico
    716 posts Member
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin

No, but I have a sneaking suspicion the mouse may have had another account previously too.
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin

Lol sure I am. Also stop tagging me
  • Chico wrote: »
    Hi @Thechosen1_anakin

No, but I have a sneaking suspicion the mouse may have had another account previously too.
    Nope. This is my one and only account.

• I thought everything would be good now that the block breaking mess frenzy was gone. Now, there are two (2) block breakers on tiny cooldowns again. Vader gets 15-190 through a block every 8 seconds and maul gets 80-100 every 8 seconds too. (Correct me on the damage values, I’m not completely sure). So if both Vader and Maul are fighting you, you might as well not even try to block because every few seconds a chunk of your health is gonna randomly go missing.

Don’t most good players dash to avoid the returning saber anyway? It makes sense that a saber hitting a player in the back would ignore their front facing block. Not really seeing the issue here.
    Perhaps. Maybe a bit of an overreaction on my part, but sometimes maul’s saber flies so fast you can’t react to it.

• Vader and Maul's Saber throw should do damage to a blocker on the way back. End of discussion. Thread closed.
  • Vader and Maul's Saber throw should do damage to a blocker on the way back. End of discussion. Thread closed.
    Not every 8 seconds
    Not every 8 seconds

Why not? That’s much longer than the cool down on rolling/dashing.