criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Tbh I like the stinger nerf lol.

2Next

Replies

• Versatti
    2201 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I like the nerf. Not needed. Only unexperienced heros player would die when someone use the stinger pistol on them. Anyoing that everyone tried to kill me with the stinger pistol.It didn't work

It was never really an effective weapon to kill, but it was great at crowd control and an effective counter to hero spammers who use the retreat/replenish/rinse/repeat tactic.

There’s nothing more frustrating than getting somebody down to 10% health only for them to bounce off 110ft in the air and hide in a generally inaccessible space.

That’s it in a nutshell.
  • LOL this thread.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Not getting as much hate as I was expecting lol.

that's because the crowd you're trying to bait has thicker skin than you herolords

unsurprisingly

9s3j8c7rtxmp.gif

There it is.

At the end of the day, Herolord just means the guy/girl who gets the hero first and starts his/her killstreak to me

And trooperlord just means the commoners beneath them

True hero mains play HvV.

This 100%

I've taken a couple semi popular GA killstreakers to HSD and HvV before and it never goes well for them. Like I said in a comment a few days ago, you can really tell who's an actual elite hero player and who's an Anarchy Ninja
    skincarver wrote: »
    Then there’s this other portion of the playerbase.
    They run around with officer and bp generating load out, they avoid HvV and mostly hate HU (for having too much competition?).

Hero modes are the best modes in this game. Events are tedious so at least I can agree with that portion of the playerbase. HU starts killing braincells after about 5 or 6 games.
    They don’t care for objectives and have a playstyle that I would describe as “cowardly”: roaming the map and doing hit and run attacks on troopers- preferably in tandem with another hero- and quickly run away and hide when the air is getting too hot; but not for long though. Once they’ve regenerated they will be back and have their revenge on you because you had the audacity to put up a fight.
    Players like this have high kill numbers, yet their team usually looses the ground phase in CS.
    If you see yourselves reflected in this, congratulations.

Sad for them. The best moments in the game involve leading a flood of troops as a Hero to rush command posts. I don't think I've ever really came across a player like this, but then again I play 50% HSD, 30% HvV, 10% blast, 10% GA/CS so I couldn't say. But what you just described is part of the reason the best players have to get the Heroes first, else some vapid scrub will come along and take a Hero to clean the unimportant edges of the map and ignore their team.
    This issue is not exclusive to the big modes and to heroes. Similar to this, there are those who officer themselves asap to reinforcements to benefit from their better stats. Blast as an example has over 62% reinforcements in a team, and is what completely ruined the mode.

As a player who used to main Blast near launch, I got tired of this. I even made a topic about Blast w no reinforcements a while back. Nobody wanted it though.
    Many of those players described above don’t stand a chance in trooper vs trooper combat. Trooper mains relish combat on a level playing field, no advantage or disadvantage to anyone. Skill and strategy counts, not your stats.

Hence the reason HvV and HSD >> GA and CS. Little reason to care about a mode where you can't set up matches against other competitive teams either.
    Heroes and reinforcements are cheap, it’s delusional to think they aren’t good enough to gain enough bp for either of those, most Trooper mains simply don’t care for them.

In summary: each to his own.

If the player was "good" (more like fast) enough to get the heroes first before anyone else, they would have. Simple as that. There are no delusions about the better players getting the more impactful units to make a bigger impact on the game.

Nothing against the players that didn't, but it's their loss for not being quick enough. That is the mode they play. So play the mode by mode rules. Cheap is an invention created by players that want to play by their rules, and that's fine, but that game mode isn't built like that.

The name of the GA/CS game is getting BP. Getting BP first and faster than anyone else. Getting the uber units and getting the dub. If others got the Heroes faster, pull out a reinforcement.
    But they keep telling us to cut the “hero- vs trooperlord” debate while the divide is EA/Dices fault, and EA/Dices fault alone. They established a power gradient in every mode, leaving the lowest tier players to be subjected to hero/reinforcement spam. Perhaps they thought this would entice players to buy loot crates, who knows. We have hero modes, mixed modes but no infantry mode- when this game should have launched with at least a single infantry mode, being a battlefront title and all... this would cease the name calling and the conflict within the playerbase. Sry for the long post.

Because that is the foundation of GA and large scale. Uber units. Problem is they have no trooper only modes like you said. If BF2015 and BF2017 merged into one, this would be the perfect game

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    My biggest question to all who classify themselves as Trooper "lords" or "mains" or whatever

If you are in the top 10% of players out there, and you got the points for a hero, why would you cede the specials to a worse player when you could benefit the team better than they could? You're hurting your own team by doing so

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Wow, GA is a mess without a viable Stinger.

Basically, there is no 'hero deterrent' or 'hero area denial' any more, so heroes can farm like crazy.

Also, combining the Stinger nerf with HoK basically means that if you want, you've got that character for the whole game.

Great.

I didn't expect it to make as big a difference as this, but it does.

I think I'll stick to HvV until the next patch.
  • @DiamondxStyles an anarchy ninja?
  • DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @DiamondxStyles an anarchy ninja?

High tier Comp at GA, mid tier at the Hero dynamic.

• My biggest question to all who classify themselves as Trooper "lords" or "mains" or whatever

If you are in the top 10% of players out there, and you got the points for a hero, why would you cede the specials to a worse player when you could benefit the team better than they could? You're hurting your own team by doing so

Because I don’t like playing as Heroes, it can be as simple as that
  • I'm a Hero/Saberlord whatever you want to call me. I really didn't care if they nerfed or buffed the stinger pistol as I never really used it. When I was a hero I didn't really find it to be OP against a hero, but maybe that's because I don't get to be them alot. But I think it's mostly the Kill streak Hero lords that didn't really like it, because it would mess up their kill streak. For me, It's all about the objective over high kill streaks.

For me if I can get one good cluster Force choke with Vader against the Rebel scum then I can die happy (when I say die I mean the character in the game.)
  • I'm a Hero/Saberlord whatever you want to call me. I really didn't care if they nerfed or buffed the stinger pistol as I never really used it. When I was a hero I didn't really find it to be OP against a hero, but maybe that's because I don't get to be them alot. But I think it's mostly the Kill streak Hero lords that didn't really like it, because it would mess up their kill streak. For me, It's all about the objective over high kill streaks.

For me if I can get one good cluster Force choke with Vader against the Rebel scum then I can die happy (when I say die I mean the character in the game.)

100% this
  • On PC servers some people will run around specifically gunning for heroes with the stinger pistol. I'd like it to be buffed again but limit the stacking, because with what it was, it was a hero killer. I've used it before the nerf and you can cause heroes some ridiculous trouble by sitting in the back and poking at them 20 times and just watching their health drain, and I felt extremely dirty after doing it.

But I will enjoy it while it's basically dead. You bet.

I like doing that while going on killstreaks. Why not have both 🤷‍♂️
  • moistboii wrote: »
    I'm a Hero/Saberlord whatever you want to call me. I really didn't care if they nerfed or buffed the stinger pistol as I never really used it. When I was a hero I didn't really find it to be OP against a hero, but maybe that's because I don't get to be them alot. But I think it's mostly the Kill streak Hero lords that didn't really like it, because it would mess up their kill streak. For me, It's all about the objective over high kill streaks.

Usually it seems to be one or the other. Help your team at the objectives, exposing yourself to more danger. Or farm killstreaks on the edges.

Personally I only use heroes for objectives. Going for a killstreak and topping the table while your team loses is a slap in the face to everyone on your team.
  • I've always felt the stinger pistol was useless. Something you can pick to troll the noobs because it's funny.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
    I'm a Hero/Saberlord whatever you want to call me. I really didn't care if they nerfed or buffed the stinger pistol as I never really used it. When I was a hero I didn't really find it to be OP against a hero, but maybe that's because I don't get to be them alot. But I think it's mostly the Kill streak Hero lords that didn't really like it, because it would mess up their kill streak. For me, It's all about the objective over high kill streaks.

Usually it seems to be one or the other. Help your team at the objectives, exposing yourself to more danger. Or farm killstreaks on the edges.

Personally I only use heroes for objectives. Going for a killstreak and topping the table while your team loses is a slap in the face to everyone on your team.

I go on killstreaks while doing a combination of playing the objective and flanking the enemy team off their spawns.

And there have been times I've been the only one on the objective while my entire team is on the other side of the map for no reason. For example, I recently played as Vader on Yavin and during phase 2 we had already taken the camp, we needed the objective on the left (forget what it's called). I lost track of time for a few minutes because it was very hectic and I noticed that I had almost no help which is weird because there's only one objective. Check the map and see over half my team still at the camp....I had a few good teammates with me but that's just an example of one of the many hero experiences I've had.
  • CC_1010
    3145 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »

What is so special about a GA killstreak? It’s so easy is laughable.
  • Still use it on CS. Funny to still see the heroes run off when they feel the sizzle of the stinger pistol.. lol

No nerf was needed. If you were dumb enough to be killed by it then your hero was best used by someone else anyway.. It was a great little deterrent to make a hero go a different way but as usual, the Nerf brigade wins out. I wish the Devs wouldn't treat the Nerf brigade like little babies and give them the nerfs when they cry for them.. Just ;et them cry in future, it'll serve them better in the long run.

What's your GT? We'll play sometime
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

What's your highest

Well said.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3650 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    CC_1010 wrote: »

What's your highest

Haha, you know he doesnt play GA.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• CC_1010
    3145 posts Member
    80. Naboo. W stopped them at the thired phase.
    I rarely play GA so I think I could easily top this.
  • Saber lord = a hero player who thinks all others are just supporting players whose sole purpose is to feed their kill streak, certainly not be able to take out their hero. If anything or anyone can threaten their hero, that thing needs to be nerfed.

Basically a completely selfish person/player. That is why the term saber lord is frowned upon by some. It is an insult. However, there are those that are so completely selfish and self centered that they take it as a compliment. Those people you simply can not reach.

Others do not like the term because it awakens their conscious enough to make them feel bad. A halfway decent person does not want to feel bad. The proper response is to adjust and improve your behavior. A bad response is to shut down the criticism. A very common response now a days is to shut down any criticism and continue to dull your conscious.

What should a hero player do? Help your team win. Play the objective. Don't play your ego. Realize a video game needs balance and counters.
  • Personally I only use heroes for objectives. Going for a killstreak and topping the table while your team loses is a slap in the face to everyone on your team.
    They should remove the BP on kills for hero’s in GA and CS, but double the objective points. You’d stop the kill-streak nonsense, and people would only select a hero to PTO. You could select a hero and run around and slaughter troops, I guess, but you’re not getting on the leader board for it then.

• This went from stinger pistol to hero killstreaks lol.
  • This went from stinger pistol to hero killstreaks lol.
    Well, that’s what the stinger pistol was good for, really. Wrecking a hero’s ability to run around freely.
  • CC_1010
    3145 posts Member

What's your highest

You must know that I only played ga and strike when I first bought the game.

What's your highest

Lmao right
  • CC_1010
    3145 posts Member

What's your highest

Lmao right

I also lol‘ed how should he know I don’t play GA?
  • This thread has evolved lol
  • Reel707 wrote: »
    I've always felt the stinger pistol was useless. Something you can pick to troll the noobs because it's funny.

this
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/

Just got an 85 yesterday and I got this game a few months ago
  • CC_1010
    3145 posts Member

Cool. I guess? That just shows how easily ga streaks are:)
  • It really wasn't that big of a problem. It was fine. Thats my gripe. Stop nerfing things that no one asked for.

This exactly. It wasn't an issue.

All it's done is reduce the appeal of an already pretty unappealing specialist class.

The only reason I really used that class was to have some fun with the stinger.

Now, forget it.

I dont think they're easy. You can easily die if you dont play the map right or if you get caught off guard by enemy heroes. There's so many things that can happen that can cause you to die. That's why I don't understand why you come in here and start bashing people who like to go for hero killstreaks.
  • Just got a 110 with Luke earlier today and a 87 with Anakin. GA can be easy lol.
  • CC_1010
    3145 posts Member

I dont think they're easy. You can easily die if you dont play the map right or if you get caught off guard by enemy heroes. There's so many things that can happen that can cause you to die. That's why I don't understand why you come in here and start bashing people who like to go for hero killstreaks.

I never bashed anyone. It’s just bullying troopers. Heroes have so many oneshot abilities etc it’s just a matter of how bad the enemy lobby .

I never bashed anyone. It’s just bullying troopers. Heroes have so many oneshot abilities etc it’s just a matter of how bad the enemy lobby .

I've seen countless amounts of times a single trooper or reinforcement take out a hero lol. The truth is most people who play this game are not very good. And especially not with heroes.

Get a killstreak when playing the objectives? Cool, well done.

Get a killstreak while ignoring objectives and farming troopers 1v1 at spawn points or map edges? Pathetic.
  • I'm glad to see it nerfed too. It was hardly the most deadly weapon in the game, but man was it annoying. Honestly all it did was make you waste time waiting for the dang thing to wear off.
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm glad to see it nerfed too. It was hardly the most deadly weapon in the game, but man was it annoying. Honestly all it did was make you waste time waiting for the dang thing to wear off.

100% this lol

Get a killstreak while ignoring objectives and farming troopers 1v1 at spawn points or map edges? Pathetic.

Did you even read my response to you earlier in the thread?
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm glad to see it nerfed too. It was hardly the most deadly weapon in the game, but man was it annoying. Honestly all it did was make you waste time waiting for the dang thing to wear off.

EXACTLY! That is the point of the weapon.......jeez, how many times does this need explaining?

I literally explained earlier how I do the opposite of that lol