criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Try Hero Showdown!

Checking the top post today, nearly half the threads are complaints of Heroes vs Villains.

I agree HvV is a deeply flawed game mode, but guess what? There’s an easy solution that only involves you, not EA/DICE.

Introducing Hero Showdown!

This lonely mode was created during the long forgotten Han Solo season. It pits 2 against 2 in a no respawn mode.

The best part of this mode, though, is once you play it.

Because every round sees everyone respawn, there are no spamming of 4 vs 1s like you’ll find in HvV. You always stick together as a team, and it’s even.

You’ll also find yourself encourage to play all your heroes, instead of just one. It’s a lot of fun.

But the best part is the community. Unlike HvV, many HS players are open to duels. Matches typically open in a 2 vs 2, but if you run off they will devolve to a two 1 v 1s. Many times I found my ally / second enemy stand idle after winning their duel, and watch my fight to keep things fair.

I good way to signal this is to emote before starting the fight. The other side typically responds and you have a great game.

So I urge all of you - try Hero Showdown!

Replies

• CC_1010
    2704 posts Member
    I love 1v1 when it works properly and absolutely hate it when it doesn’t.
    My abilities and attacks not registering is bad enough. Block not working gives it the rest.
  • Nien_nunb
    47 posts Member
    edited October 30
    Exactly, why do people just want to jump into a light saber hackfest with no strategy. I use to play it when it has the fun target system. Played it a few times once it was gone and it was so bland I can have my 8 year brother just play it and spam the trigger.
    So yeah I'm staying with showdowns.
  • One great part of hero showdown you forgot to mention is playing in a 2v2 with friends. I have a great time playing hero showdown with my cousin, and consider it the superior mode to play with others you know. Agree with all the other points as well, so try Hero Showdown!
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    983 posts Member
    edited October 30
    You and your honor. I have no honor
  • No thanks, I prefer actually participating in a match more than 25% of the time
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Hero Showdown is probably my favorite game mode in the game right now. Hands down. And they made it be able to start with only 2 players! Even better!
  • DiamondxStyles
    1819 posts Member
    edited October 31
    *shakes your hand* I'll be honored to keep playing showdowns.
    Nien_nunb wrote: »
    Exactly, why do people just want to jump into a light saber hackfest with no strategy. I use to play it when it has the fun target system. Played it a few times once it was gone and it was so bland I can have my 8 year brother just play it and spam the trigger.
    So yeah I'm staying with showdowns.

(minor difference between us here: HvV takes strategy as well, just that 90% are bads that don't use strategy)
    Hero Showdown is probably my favorite game mode in the game right now. Hands down. And they made it be able to start with only 2 players! Even better!

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• As a comp Showdown main with a comp partner, I applaud you for this topic

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• This mode actually takes some skill so most people avoid it like the plague
  • Eh, HS is just incredibly boring.

I avoid it like the plague.
  • I've watched people doing that without my thorough understanding, will play it again with fair rules, thanks.
  • I wish I could remove every mode in the game and only have showdowns to choose from, star wars showdowns 2 sounds like the new future to me.
  • This mode actually takes some skill so most people avoid it like the plague
    Eh, HS is just incredibly boring.

Put this on my headstone, I'm dead.
  • I liked it a lot when it first released. The rounds need to be three minutes or less. Five minute is too long and gets boring. It is a much better mode than HvV for actual skilled encounters imo.
  • Love good matches of HS with “honorable” opponents, who respect 1v1’s. Anyone big HS fans on PS4? I figure we, the fans of the less popular modes, should start connecting with each other more to get lobbies going.
  • JackSpanky wrote: »
    This mode actually takes some skill so most people avoid it like the plague
    Eh, HS is just incredibly boring.

Put this on my headstone, I'm dead.

Lmao. I noticed that right when I posted it.

Had to leave it, as it was just too good.
  • willywonka7
    1983 posts Member
    edited November 1
    Showdown sucks. Not a fan

Agree and you don't get a lot of XP or game time or sometimes.......and loads of people quit when the match doesn't end immediately because the two of you are going at it for a while. It needs improvements too.

I'd rather they make hero showdown the competitive mode for high level players to play in because I'm tired of playing HvV and "babysitting" a bunch of newbies that can't figure out how the game works, but I also don't want to sit and wait for a while too when I die for the next round to start in Showdown and my teammate isn't even trying to find the enemy, but is instead trying to play hide-n-seek.

• Showdown sucks. Not a fan

Agree and you don't get a lot of XP or game time or sometimes.......and loads of people quit when the match doesn't end immediately because the two of you are going at it for a while. It needs improvements too.

I'd rather they make hero showdown the competitive mode for high level players to play in because I'm tired of playing HvV and "babysitting" a bunch of newbies that can't figure out how the game works, but I also don't want to sit and wait for a while too when I die for the next round to start in Showdown and my teammate isn't even trying to find the enemy, but is instead trying to play hide-n-seek.

It should be 1v1
  • Showdown sucks. Not a fan

Was that Kylo being nice because your TM quit? Or was he really bad at the game in the previous rounds?