criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Idle timer too short

What is the new time limit before being kicked for idling? I got up to go to the bathroom for 60 seconds and all of a sudden I’m kicked from an hour long CS match

Replies

• Go faster..! :D

giphy.gif
  • jonci
    1266 posts Member
    Sorted es3izw24jaf3.jpg
  • MC_XIX
    2245 posts Member
    What is the new time limit before being kicked for idling? I got up to go to the bathroom for 60 seconds and all of a sudden I’m kicked from an hour long CS match

In the 60 secs you spent away from the match, in HvV, that can cost your team at least 3 valuable points. If you leave your team in a 3v4 for a full minute, that can cost your team a victory. Don't join a match if you know you're going to have to take a break halfway through.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

In the 60 secs you spent away from the match, in HvV, that can cost your team at least 3 valuable points. If you leave your team in a 3v4 for a full minute, that can cost your team a victory. Don't join a match if you know you're going to have to take a break halfway through.

That's nice and all, but the OP specifically mentioned Capital Supremacy, where the matches go a lot longer than HvV.

This exact thing happened to me today OP so I know how you feel.
  • What is the new time limit before being kicked for idling? I got up to go to the bathroom for 60 seconds and all of a sudden I’m kicked from an hour long CS match

Agreed. It's ridiculously short and one of the many unneeded changes they made in these most recent patches. It needs to be reverted, badly.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando
    2019 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    MC_XIX wrote: »

That's absurd. I can pick up a lot more points with an empty bladder than I can sitting on the title screen, while my team is left a man down for an indeterminate amount of time. Think about how many tickets you're losing with no 4th teammate, rather than a teammate who was gone for a brief amount of time.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.