criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Making blaster heroes viable again

2Next

Replies

• Example:

Oh Lando's stun is on 19 second cooldown? 10 seconds, but lower the linger time a bit

Chewie's shock grenade is on a 22 second cooldown? 16 seconds

Han's Detonite is on 18 second cooldown? 14 seconds
    Han's Shoulder charge is on a 15 second cooldown? 10 seconds

Just make Leia's Flashbang free lol (jokes sort of)

Han is the only blaster who probably should be nerfed. He's gun already give a lot of damage. Shoulder charge and Detonite give a way too much damage and it also stagger enemies other than both abilities pass through blocks.

Han doesn’t need to be nerfed.

Han isn’t even viable against a strong team. He gets bullied and is a free point. It’s only against a poor/weak team that Han is good.

While, yes, you can't take on the entire team as Han, even I, an inexperienced Han, have escaped from the entire team of villains using dodges, detonite charge, and shoulder slam.

Although, I have no bearing on the skill level of those villains, Han can be quite good.

But yeah, if you've got a bad team, and a good enemy team, it really doesn't matter who you pick. You're doomed either way.

Taking on a full team isn’t the point. The point is that a strong villain team (regardless of your own team’s strength) will farm Han. DS has too many tools that allow them nuke blaster heroes instantly.

If you’ve never played 4v4’s, it’s hard to explain this. In random games, against 90% of the playerbase, Han plays fine because people are very bad at this game.

I suppose it depends where you want the game to balanced. If it’s in normal, every day matches with players that don’t even understand how grouping up means, then sure, Han is “okay”.

However, the moment you consider the balance among good - even decent - players, Han (blasters as a whole) fall off immensely.

I prefer to look at balance from the latter; among good players. In this environment, Han is horrible.
  • RebelScum13
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    Dethrael wrote: »
    In what universe are blaster heroes on par with force wielders? Blaster heroes should NOT be on the same level with saber heroes.... I don't see the logic in these statements. Blaster heroes should be more like 'minor heroes'. Less points, and less survivability but still viable picks.

Right, that's why saber users in Star Wars never bother deflecting blaster bolts or finding an alternative path or solution when presented with long-range firepower, because the Force is a comic book superpower that gives you total invulnerability and makes guns and bombs completely useless. Order 66? Never heard of it.

Only reason Order 66 worked is that multiple troopers fired on a Jedi, thus overwhelming them, or it was a sneak attack. Remind me where one Clone Trooper attacked a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master front on, without surprise, alone with just a blaster and overwhelmed them?

c62iixne13kh.gif
    FastUnrulyBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif
    giphy.gif

Post edited by RebelScum13 on
  • ToadHallMayhem
    1072 posts Member
    edited November 1
    Han is a mid tier hero. Best of the worst.

Apparently this is too much for some arrogant saber mains.
  • Blaster heroes are support. Play them like they are support and you'll be happier. My changes:
    1) Reduce stamina at an increased rate the as blocking saber heroes get closer to the blaster.
    2) Give some damage to Chewie and Lando explosives. Not on par with detonite but something to make the sabre heroes think.
    3) Give Leia one awesome ability in HvV and scrap the squad shield. For outdoor maps, give her orbital strike with a really long cool down. For indoor maps, give her a turret of some sort.
  • So much saber hate in this thread.

Blaster heroes are overpowered. The fact is that they can roll and dodge TOO MUCH, evading saber heroes at close range almost indefinitely, like a cheap trick. It isn't balanced. Blaster heroes end up ruling these matches. How many times has the top player been a Han or a Chewie or a Leia, in a match where a Vader or a Luke has gotten the top number of kills and done all the real work? Blaster heroes get massive points from constantly causing damage from afar. How easy is that? Just point and shoot, without any immediate danger to yourself? When they do that while two saber heroes are battling, it's systematized trolling. I get it--blaster heroes have ranged weapons, and that's just how it is. Understood, but balance it out by making them more vulnerable in close quarters, which is logical. An experienced blaster hero can demolish multiple saber wielders in a row simply by constantly dodging, jumping, rolling, stunning, charging, and rapid fire blasting. They never run out of options, and you're left wondering why your level 100 Anakin just got beat by a level 40 Iden.

Nerf them, and give us a sabers only mode so we can enjoy dueling without being trolled by blasters.

Bro. What. The. ****. Are we playing the same game

Blaster heroes are overpowered. The fact is that they can roll and dodge TOO MUCH, evading saber heroes at close range almost indefinitely, like a cheap trick. It isn't balanced. Blaster heroes end up ruling these matches. How many times has the top player been a Han or a Chewie or a Leia, in a match where a Vader or a Luke has gotten the top number of kills and done all the real work? Blaster heroes get massive points from constantly causing damage from afar. How easy is that? Just point and shoot, without any immediate danger to yourself? When they do that while two saber heroes are battling, it's systematized trolling. I get it--blaster heroes have ranged weapons, and that's just how it is. Understood, but balance it out by making them more vulnerable in close quarters, which is logical. An experienced blaster hero can demolish multiple saber wielders in a row simply by constantly dodging, jumping, rolling, stunning, charging, and rapid fire blasting. They never run out of options, and you're left wondering why your level 100 Anakin just got beat by a level 40 Iden.

Nerf them, and give us a sabers only mode so we can enjoy dueling without being trolled by blasters.

Nerf blasters 😂

Nerf blasters 😂

They need it the way "they troll saber heroes"

Nerf blasters 😂

They need it the way "they troll saber heroes"

Okay there's been a ton of trolling posts today, and it's very hard to tell if that's one of them.

That was one of them . . right?

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• I was just quoting BellatorInvictus.

Thats what I meant lol

His post is trolling right? I hope lol

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Thats what I meant lol

His post is trolling right? I hope lol

Nah, that’s serious.

He’s commented similar before.
  • Improve dodges, make them faster, and don't allow lightsaber heroes to hit them when they're 40mts away please
  • With the exception of Lando I don't think they need a damage buff. I definitely don't think they need faster ability cooldown. Maybe better health regen. I think the one glaring major thing that they could do to make blaster heroes viable Is to revert Dodge/roll to launch. I used to be against this idea what in this game's current state, it makes no sense to even pick a blaster hero. Now I see no problem with it. It would make saber players have to actually play smart instead of just running in spamming.

Launch roll for all heros troopers and in between minus sabers i think would be cool and give a reason to choose both and not just sabers. But don't give launch roll to palp tbh.
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/
  • With the exception of Lando I don't think they need a damage buff. I definitely don't think they need faster ability cooldown. Maybe better health regen. I think the one glaring major thing that they could do to make blaster heroes viable Is to revert Dodge/roll to launch. I used to be against this idea what in this game's current state, it makes no sense to even pick a blaster hero. Now I see no problem with it. It would make saber players have to actually play smart instead of just running in spamming.

Launch roll for all heros troopers and in between minus sabers i think would be cool and give a reason to choose both and not just sabers. But don't give launch roll to palp tbh.

Disagree. Give it to THE SENATE too.
  • MikeDog5k wrote: »
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    Dethrael wrote: »
    In what universe are blaster heroes on par with force wielders? Blaster heroes should NOT be on the same level with saber heroes.... I don't see the logic in these statements. Blaster heroes should be more like 'minor heroes'. Less points, and less survivability but still viable picks.

Right, that's why saber users in Star Wars never bother deflecting blaster bolts or finding an alternative path or solution when presented with long-range firepower, because the Force is a comic book superpower that gives you total invulnerability and makes guns and bombs completely useless. Order 66? Never heard of it.

Only reason Order 66 worked is that multiple troopers fired on a Jedi, thus overwhelming them, or it was a sneak attack. Remind me where one Clone Trooper attacked a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master front on, without surprise, alone with just a blaster and overwhelmed them?

c62iixne13kh.gif
    FastUnrulyBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif
    giphy.gif

I'm not exactly sure what you're replying to. If you read the previous quotes, your post lacks any relevance whatsoever. But I infer what you're attempting so I'll finish this pointless exercise for you.

h3i94u11jjgf.gif
    abg86hjsewzg.gif
    lmakq6u015m5.gif

• meanjoeira wrote: »
    Blaster heroes are support. Play them like they are support and you'll be happier. My changes:
    1) Reduce stamina at an increased rate the as blocking saber heroes get closer to the blaster.
    2) Give some damage to Chewie and Lando explosives. Not on par with detonite but something to make the sabre heroes think.
    3) Give Leia one awesome ability in HvV and scrap the squad shield. For outdoor maps, give her orbital strike with a really long cool down. For indoor maps, give her a turret of some sort.

Chewies explosive splash damage on FB is actually pretty significant. Wipes out blocking sabers like nothing.
  • CC_1010
    2688 posts Member
    They never run out of options, and you're left wondering why your level 100 Anakin just got beat by a level 40 Iden.

My condolences...
  • How about make all blaster heroes like Bossk, full health regen?

Well, they're not reptilian but I'd be ok with it👍 maybe not Phasma or Chewy though. Or Palps.

But that would give Blaster an advantage over saber heroes:) and this is something that is not allowed to happen.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    How about make all blaster heroes like Bossk, full health regen?

But that would give Blaster an advantage over saber heroes:) and this is something that is not allowed to happen.

For ones like Iden, Han, Lando and Leia, this would be fine but Phasma, Chewy, Palps... no effing way

Well, they're not reptilian but I'd be ok with it👍 maybe not Phasma or Chewy though. Or Palps.

No only blaster heroes.
    Infantry aren't reptilian either 😉

No only blaster heroes.
    Infantry aren't reptilian either 😉

Lol good point. I consider Palps a blaster hero even though Dice doesnt. Hes a ranged attacker who cant block. Still, wouldnt want this for the ones I mentioned but for some of them, I'm for it.

No
    CC_1010 wrote: »

It actually would. Too much of a buff than necessary. Considering characters can fall to 201 HP and be wiped in about an alt fire and a few bolts. That's an absurd change

Reverting rolls to launch has been the better idea (along with giving all blasters three rolls)

• CC_1010
    2688 posts Member

For ones like Iden, Han, Lando and Leia, this would be fine but Phasma, Chewy, Palps... no effing way

I agree. Phasma and palpatine would be ridiculous. Chewbacca would be fine imo.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

I agree. Phasma and palpatine would be ridiculous. Chewbacca would be fine imo.

Chewy has 850 health with up to 36% DR with Impervious. He doesnt need it.

No

It actually would. Too much of a buff than necessary. Considering characters can fall to 201 HP and be wiped in about an alt fire and a few bolts. That's an absurd change

Reverting rolls to launch has been the better idea (along with giving all blasters three rolls)

Agreed.

Would also like to see blasters get more HP and faster move speed.

No

Agreed.

That would be a most welcome change

No

Agreed.

That would be a most welcome change

It would be very nice.

I like your idea of blast heroes being more tech-focused, as well - with lower ability cooldowns. With poor defensive capabilities, it makes sense for blaster heroes to survive off their techs/abilities.

This is one of the reasons I like having Finn in my team when playing pubs. It’s nice to have those cooldowns more frequently when playing Han or Chewie.
  • More health yes. More regen yes. Launch roll yes. Faster cooldowns... I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe no more than 20% faster. @SadderJoker heck yes lol I love when I'm Anakin and my boy Teajae is Finn. Good times
  • More health yes. More regen yes. Launch roll yes. Faster cooldowns... I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe no more than 20% faster. @SadderJoker heck yes lol I love when I'm Anakin and my boy Teajae is Finn. Good times

It's either, or. Either they have more regen, more health, launch roll or they have MUCH faster cooldowns that have to be avoided every 8 to 12 seconds per

Speed changes should be implemented regardless.

It would be very nice.

I like your idea of blast heroes being more tech-focused, as well - with lower ability cooldowns. With poor defensive capabilities, it makes sense for blaster heroes to survive off their techs/abilities.

This is one of the reasons I like having Finn in my team when playing pubs. It’s nice to have those cooldowns more frequently when playing Han or Chewie.

Yes, blasters having more frequent abilities make Sabers think harder than just fighting a mainhand weapon and timing slashes between three rolls. Lando's shock coming every 12 seconds means more backing away, or jumping, depending on the situation. A Lando could roll enough times between a recharge while dealing damage even with two rolls

Same with Han's detonite and shoulder charge, Chewie's slam and shock etc

It's either, or. Either they have more regen, more health, launch roll or they have MUCH faster cooldowns that have to be avoided every 8 to 12 seconds per

Speed changes should be implemented regardless.

It would be very nice.

Yes, blasters having more frequent abilities make Sabers think harder than just fighting a mainhand weapon and timing slashes between three rolls. Lando's shock coming every 12 seconds means more backing away, or jumping, depending on the situation. A Lando could roll enough times between a recharge while dealing damage even with two rolls

Same with Han's detonite and shoulder charge, Chewie's slam and shock etc

That's what worries me lol. That may make them to good. I feel like health buffs and launch rolls would be the way to go.