criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Should I buy a console?

Prev1
CC_1010
2479 posts Member
I don’t know. The community seems much more vibrant on PS4(i would buy a playstation not an x box)

Do you have to pay for playing online? If so, how much?

Replies

• IIPrest0nII
    4780 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hey,

Yes, you have to pay for playing online on Xbox and PlayStation.

PS+: €59.99 for 12 month membership
    Xbox Live Gold: €59.99 for 12 month membership
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • kevlegs1971
    1482 posts Member
    edited November 7
    Get either an Xbox or PS4. Both are great.

I'm on an Xbone X and have been Xboxing since day one. love it as PS4 players love theirs.

Just ignore the console fanboy wars that have already started. You can't go wrong with either.
    Post edited by kevlegs1971 on

giphy.gif

• Wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday. You'll get a better deal on a ps4 and likely on the online membership and it's just a few weeks away.
  • I'm on Xbox1 S and I love it. Gonna get the X when I have extra money in Jan. PC community from what I gather, is dwindling, and riddled with cheaters. On xbox there are no hackers. Not one.
  • I have an Xbox One S and it’s really fun!
  • If you have a wooden PC then sure, but I don't know why would you wanna buy a console if you already have a gaming PC. Only thing I can think of as a justification is the console exclusive games.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• If you have a wooden PC then sure, but I don't know why would you wanna buy a console if you already have a gaming PC. Only thing I can think of as a justification is the console exclusive games.

Yes like the last of us 2
  • PlayStation Family since day one.
    Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

f0n7hn9hl0zy.jpg
  • The Xbox one X is much better than anything the PS4 Pro can offer for you. The picture on my Xbox looks significantly better than anything else on the market. My download speeds are amazing. PS4s are known for having incredibly long download speeds sometimes. The Xbox also carrys Xbox Game pass and free games with gold where every month they offer high quality games and if you decide to download any of the games from Xbox Gold. It becomes yours even if you stop paying for Gold. The xbox also has much better exclusive titles. A great example of this is the Halo franchise. Also the Xbox allows for great controller customization when you go to buy one online. Also the PS4 has a very tough to figure out UI. The Xboxs UI is very simple and easy to understand

Overall I have been very happy with my Xbox and I would recommened it for anyone. (PS I used to own a PS4 and I can say for certain that the PS4 is a downgrade)
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • The Xbox one X is much better than anything the PS4 Pro can offer for you. The picture on my Xbox looks significantly better than anything else on the market. My download speeds are amazing. PS4s are known for having incredibly long download speeds sometimes. The Xbox also carrys Xbox Game pass and free games with gold where every month they offer high quality games and if you decide to download any of the games from Xbox Gold. It becomes yours even if you stop paying for Gold. The xbox also has much better exclusive titles. A great example of this is the Halo franchise. Also the Xbox allows for great controller customization when you go to buy one online. Also the PS4 has a very tough to figure out UI. The Xboxs UI is very simple and easy to understand

Overall I have been very happy with my Xbox and I would recommened it for anyone. (PS I used to own a PS4 and I can say for certain that the PS4 is a downgrade)

Wall of nonsense. The ps4 is an upgrade over the xbox & cant touch games like uncharted. You really had the audacity to say xbox has better exclusives? They don't like at all. Uncharted series, the last of us series, horizon zero dawn, spiderman, days gone, god of war, infamous, little big planet series, ratchet & clank, & grand turismo. Whereas xbox has halo & gears of war. The only reason someone would buy an xbox is because friends have one & or they play nothing but shooters. Playstation is for all types of games

Love how you say its a wall of nonsense then address one point. Halo is better than all the games you just listed in sales, fanbase and overall popularity. And half of those games I have never heard of so obviously not that great. Have fun with the PiSser4

• TheUltimateHope
    1318 posts Member
    edited November 7
    You're running from PC i see. Not everyone can handle the master race i guess.
  • SadderJoker
    769 posts Member
    edited November 7
    I don’t think it’s worth switching to console, to be honest with you. It’s a downgrade, in lots of areas.

I prefer my Xbox over my PS, but they’re pretty similar. PS has slow really great exclusives, though.

Wall of nonsense. The ps4 is an upgrade over the xbox & cant touch games like uncharted. You really had the audacity to say xbox has better exclusives? They don't like at all. Uncharted series, the last of us series, horizon zero dawn, spiderman, days gone, god of war, infamous, little big planet series, ratchet & clank, & grand turismo. Whereas xbox has halo & gears of war. The only reason someone would buy an xbox is because friends have one & or they play nothing but shooters. Playstation is for all types of games

Love how you say its a wall of nonsense then address one point. Halo is better than all the games you just listed in sales, fanbase and overall popularity. And half of those games I have never heard of so obviously not that great. Have fun with the PiSser4

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I don’t think it’s worth switching to console, to be honest with you. It’s a downgrade, in lots of areas.

I prefer my Xbox over my PS, but they’re pretty similar. PS has slow really great exclusives, though.

They do have some nice ones but I feel like Xbox has done a better job with exclusives.

Halo really isn't. It's alright definitely been milked too much. You never heard of hald these games but say halo is better lol.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    You're running from PC i see. Not everyone can handle the master race i guess.

It us more about player base numbers tbh.

Halo really isn't. It's alright definitely been milked too much. You never heard of hald these games but say halo is better lol.

You clearly haven't seen how Halo is making a huge comeback just like COD did recently. Halo CE to Halo Reach are some of the best games ever created with the best one either being CE or 3.

• PS4 >

Larger player base, better system, etc
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    PS4 >

Do you have stats to back that up? Curious about the larger playerbase

• CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    Hey,

That is terrible lol. Hmmm maybe I just have to swollow it.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Hey,

Eh you just buy it yearly and at the end of the year buy it for 60 bucks then forget about it

• DarthLando wrote: »
    PS4 >

Do you have stats to back that up? Curious about the larger playerbase
    As for where Battlefront II sold best, the PlayStation 4 looked like the definitive winner, with 869,000 copies sold, or roughly 66 percent of the total number. The Xbox One was close behind in second place with 33 percent sold, around 438,000 copies.

This was referring to the initial release, so it’s possible Xbox has caught up, however based on my own experience, between these forums, the BF2 people I follow on IG, & YouTube streamers, it seems like when asked or it’s brought up, I see people say they play on PS4 more than the Xbox. Who knows though.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I upgraded my system to play 4k bluray movies. A stand alone movie player was so expensive, so I justified it that way.

I will also be using the console to stream Disney+ for the Mandalorian.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    edited November 7
    I upgraded my system to play 4k bluray movies. A stand alone movie player was so expensive, so I justified it that way.

That’s an interesting idea.
  • Hey,

CC_1010 wrote: »
    Hey,

You can 12 month PS+ for $40 on Black Friday.
  • You can have PS Plus for free using... you know... your skills
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    Hey,

Hey,

Uhh... ok this will probably be a must buy for me.
  • I've owned consoles back to the days of odyssey, Atari and intellivision and the only console I ever had break was a xbox. My nephew has had nothing but problems with xbone and has bought multiple systems just because his friends have it. Meanwhile, my playstation and Nintendo systems keep on ticking.
    Hey,

Eh you just buy it yearly and at the end of the year buy it for 60 bucks then forget about it

A couple months ago xbox somehow charged me for something I didnt buy. 30 bucks on my card statement.(some game) I called and complained and not only did they remove the charge, but they offered me 13 months of gamepass ultimate(which included Live Gold) for 1 dollar. It also stacked with my current remaining months on live.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    Hey,

A couple months ago xbox somehow charged me for something I didnt buy. 30 bucks on my card statement.(some game) I called and complained and not only did they remove the charge, but they offered me 13 months of gamepass ultimate(which included Live Gold) for 1 dollar. It also stacked with my current remaining months on live.

I see that as an absolute win.
    Hey,

I see that as an absolute win.

Yeah it was awsome LOL. Never been so happy to have a mistake on my billing statement.
  • dont get any console, a pc will meet your demands
  • DiamondxStyles
    1469 posts Member
    edited November 7
    PS4 seems to have the larger playerbase from my experiences. XBOX has a larger quantity of better hero players, and you seem to be an HvV main. But of course both consoles are gonna have elite players either way. As for GA, the best killstreaker I've seen is on PS4; Numpteez

And of course, the average playerbase on both consoles are less than self aware

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• PS4 seems to have the larger playerbase from my experiences. XBOX has a larger quantity of better hero players, and you seem to be an HvV main. But of course both consoles are gonna have elite players either way. As for GA, the best killstreaker I've seen is on PS4; Numpteez

Numpteez trash. He stays in easy German servers
  • Get Nintendo Switch, great console. Only console you can play wherever you want.
  • PS4 seems to have the larger playerbase from my experiences. XBOX has a larger quantity of better hero players, and you seem to be an HvV main. But of course both consoles are gonna have elite players either way. As for GA, the best killstreaker I've seen is on PS4; Numpteez

Skynet has more self aware.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Skynet has more self aware.

Even before it spread throughout the internet 😂

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Numpteez trash. He stays in easy German servers

I'm not going by the player's he's fighting (all super high end GA killstreaks are only against trash players. everyone knows that) I'm mostly going by the way he plays the maps and his playstyle while fighting

Then who would be a better GA killstreaker if not Numpteez?

I upgraded my system to play 4k bluray movies. A stand alone movie player was so expensive, so I justified it that way.

That’s an interesting idea.

My old xbox one s did not do a good job on 4k. It had artifact like looking blips from time to time. My new xbox x has no trouble.
  • Hey,

Hey,

Yep, Black Friday and around Christmas it’s always 40 bucks for a year.
  • You must do what you feel is right, of course.
  • CC_1010
    2479 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    You must do what you feel is right, of course.

You right why not both? I have the pc... and you know... only a Sith deals in absolutes!

You right why not both? I have the pc... and you know... only a Sith deals in absolutes!

but "only a Sith deals in absolutes" is itself an absolute....

giphy.gif

• bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    At this point, you should not. wait til the next gen consoles come out.
    Unless you can get one dirt cheap
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Yeah on second thought I'm not getting a one x in January when the Scarlett is dropping holiday 2020.

Shhhhhhh....

• bfloo wrote: »

Yeah on second thought I'm not getting a one x in January when the Scarlett is dropping holiday 2020.

Great idea. I already had the X when it came out but at this point since Scarlett is only a year out you might as well wait and then you can get Scarlett and Halo Infinite ;)

But it's not 'dealing' in absolutes

• PS4 destroys Xbox One in terms of community and games. Also, you can get PS Plus 1 yr for $39 on slickdeals but in general I have never paid more than $48 since I got my PS4 in late 2014.

PS4 Pro has way more value-to-price than Xbox One X.

All Xbone has left is Gears and Halo, 2 franchises that used to be something but now are overrated and outclassed by so many other games.

PS4 dominated this gen for good reason.