criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Co-Op requires 4 players to start a round.

I was under the impression that the latest update changed it such that you only need 2 people to start a lobby for Co-op? Is that a bug or did it get changed back and I just missed it?
Would be nice to be able to start with only 2, if you aren't playing with friends and search by chance, there's a very small chance of 4 people actually making a lobby, and/or you have to sit in the lobby for ages waiting for a fourth. I'd like to spend more time playing than waiting, if I'm honest.

Replies

• IIPrest0nII
    4780 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @Jazza_21SD

As far as I know it still should be two players to start co-op. No changes were made in this matter.

Can you try to re-launch the game and see if it still requires 4 players or now it requires 2 players?

Thanks!
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Having the same issue coop won’t start till 4 players are gathered. Starting having the issue since the crash fix patch.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4780 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Having the same issue coop won’t start till 4 players are gathered. Starting having the issue since the crash fix patch.

Thanks for feedback. If anyone else experiences the same issue, please post here.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Yes, there is a definite issue since the patch

i can play a round as 4 then somebody leaves and the game wont start with 3 from the previous game

it is easier to quit out and go in again and then choose the co-op tile that takes you into a random game that starts with 2-3-4 i think - however if you go through the play tab and choose light or dark side it only starts with 4 i think.

there is a definite issue with the game starting since the patch though...
  • there's been a few threads about this since last update
  • Nope. 4 on the Xbone yesterday.

giphy.gif

• mellowshipslinkyb
    805 posts Member
    edited November 7
    It’s been 4 on Xbox since the update.
  • The same problem in Hero showdown. You require 4 players to start a game.
  • Same issue. Xbox1
  • Still get put on the wrong team sometimes too. And 12 second spawn timer
  • I can concur it's back up to starting w/ 4 players and the way too long respawn timer has been 12 seconds since the patch .
  • Edit : PS 4
  • Same - it now requires 4 people to start. And, I think some people are "having fun" with this restriction by waiting until the timer goes down to almost "1", and then they jump out of the game so we're all stuck waiting for someone else to join.

Ha ha. Very funny :/
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players ...

XBOX Gamer Tag: Vagabond Astron
  • Since they jacked up the difficulty you need 4 players.

Although I would like to see some sort of variable difficulty and allow only 2 players.
  • F8RGE
    907 posts EA Community Manager
    Will investigate.
  • @Jazza_21SD

As far as I know it still should be two players to start co-op. No changes were made in this matter.

Can you try to re-launch the game and see if it still requires 4 players or now it requires 2 players?

Thanks!

Just like Boba's Health Regen should be 200 instead of 150, a Hero Showdown lobby should be able to start with just one player on each team, a 4 player premade should be able to open a private session if searching for Hero Showdown, and many other changes shared through Community Transmissions in the past that they said were implemented into the game but weren't, and now devs keep silent about them.

I wonder why with this one we have such an answer from moderation. Should we expect a fix for this, or just further silence as usual?
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @Jazza_21SD

Thanks!

Just like Boba's Health Regen should be 200 instead of 150, a Hero Showdown lobby should be able to start with just one player on each team, a 4 player premade should be able to open a private session if searching for Hero Showdown, and many other changes shared through Community Transmissions in the past that they said were implemented into the game but weren't, and now devs keep silent about them.

I wonder why with this one we have such an answer from moderation. Should we expect a fix for this, or just further silence as usual?

Placing my money on further silence.
  • 4 players required for me too on xbox.
  • Yep, a match won’t start until 4 players are available. I’ve gotten logged out of a lobby due to lack of activity while waiting for a 4th player. And I agree that the spawn timer is too long, especially for heroes.
  • Yesterday four players were required to start Co-op. The spawn timer is too long.

What will be done about the PC loading screen bug?

Although I would like to see some sort of variable difficulty and allow only 2 players.

"Jacked up"? They made Felucia easier... Some people cried it was too hard so they nerfed it. smh

giphy.gif

"Jacked up"? They made Felucia easier... Some people cried it was too hard so they nerfed it. smh

I have not played attacking Felicia in a couple weeks. Played defending last week and my team was rolled over.

Of course I had more score than the rest of my team combined. They were that bad.