criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• I'm here for my obligatory 6-month request for more Starfighter Assault and Extraction maps. See you in another 6 months, folks.
  • the modes terrible but if u guys like it coo

Out of curiosity, why do you not like it? :neutral:

everything, lock on aiming, bad crashing hitboxes, ship imbalance (bomber for good guys is OP) most hero ships are weak besides falcons and few others, no reinforcement ships, 2 hero ship limit,bad map design-be it asteroids everywhere and just general floaty broken ship garbage over cool space stuff like stars planets etc. OBJ play is weak and boring as in just shoot X, ai addition,big squads make it nearly impossible to carry bad teams against,cards are too powerful and mine are still grey(lmao), nearly every ship feels the same and isn't unique enough(just lock on and shoot-woo hoo!) circle spinning wars, revenge icon indicator etc.....

Circle spin wars are pretty lame. Some people will do it forever 🙄Crash hit boxes are terrible. Still, I used to enjoy the mode and play pretty often. Til I got tired of the same 6 maps and players.
  • This thread just hit 41 pages!

Please DICE! Don’t ignore Starfighter Assault and Extraction in 2020!
  • Yes! Don't forget the BEST mode in the damned game! Wait... they will. 'Cause Dice.
  • the modes terrible but if u guys like it coo

Out of curiosity, why do you not like it? :neutral:

everything, lock on aiming, bad crashing hitboxes, ship imbalance (bomber for good guys is OP) most hero ships are weak besides falcons and few others, no reinforcement ships, 2 hero ship limit,bad map design-be it asteroids everywhere and just general floaty broken ship garbage over cool space stuff like stars planets etc. OBJ play is weak and boring as in just shoot X, ai addition,big squads make it nearly impossible to carry bad teams against,cards are too powerful and mine are still grey(lmao), nearly every ship feels the same and isn't unique enough(just lock on and shoot-woo hoo!) circle spinning wars, revenge icon indicator etc.....

Interesting, it seems to me you haven’t played in a while...

over a year and a half for sa
  • compared to perfection SA has some problems, but it's the least buggy mode in the game

I would like to see Falcons balanced, collision boxes refined, D'qar needs to be rebalanced, and of course new maps and objectives

spawn camping should be fixed on a couple of maps

I don't agree with your other assessments of ship balance, and compared to the buff/nerf yo-yo in the rest of the game the play feels well-tuned and consistent
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    This thread deserves to be on page 1 until we get new content for SA. We must stay vigilant.

fair enough
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • To be fair, most of the "bad hitboxes" issues come from lag (most likely on the server side). Try the Arcade version of SA and you'll see how it is easier to do cool maneuvers and it's harder to crash into everything. I saw a post more than a year ago, when they released the now stale and also abandoned Starfighter Arcade saying exactly this. It's a pity they never followed up even with the promise of full SA offline they made. You can even check the exact sentence saying this on the Community Transmission for that update.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Hey there my fellow pilot friends! Hope you're all flying as high as you can in our poor abandoned mode :( But on the light side, remember the Bwings! The poor neglected fighter that even got shafted in RotJ for screen time. We NEED them. Also Hero starfighters shouldn't have regular fighters. Die as a hero ship, respawn as a hero ship. Thanks for keeping up the good fight, see you in the air
  • B-Wings would be great, would love to pilot one of those bad boys again.

Need to get the Trench Run in this game too. Such a waste to have one of the most iconic battles in franchise history sitting on the shelf.
  • We can’t let this thread be forgotten.

#M.S.A.M.P. for 2020.
  • TappsActual
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Rather than complain about a lack of content why not become proactive. If we all spent $100.00 or more on some crystals say on monday I bet the content we all want would begin to show up on the folowing monday if not sooner. Starfighter is not neglected or over looked at all, it's the staff.... the skeleton crew working on this game have to operate within the restrictions of their budget. So when Content comes off of the center stage do you think she will start giving out free lapdances because all of us have been hooting and hollering at her? Hell no she won't! The few of us with a couiple of $1.00 bills on the table infront of us won't get noticed at all because Content is busy talking to that [Removed - CM] in the corner who turned his chair backwards leaned his head back over the edge of the stage and had that Franklin draped over his nose and lips. Some of know what happens next and for those of you who don't all I can say is MAN that was a stupid analogy.... I can't believe I bothered to write that cus man it's dumb. What the bump!
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • Shameless bump.
  • E_ABZU
    511 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @F8RGE How Dare You.....n06aji8rl4oz.jpg
    ignore this thread and game mode. You've thrown away our lives for profit. You've stolen our dreams.tkpzevpc4quc.jpeg

• Vigilance bump.
    Vigilance bump.

Thank you. :)
  • Accelerate to attack speed
    Lurve You <3
  • staaaaaaarfiiiiiiighteeeeeeer content needed as always
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Interesting Starfighter related thread popping up right here, disucssing why there are even challenges when the mode itself seems to be dead / no longer supported:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/149322/why-does-dice-do-events-and-daily-challenges-for-starfighter-assault#latest

• Interesting Starfighter related thread popping up right here, disucssing why there are even challenges when the mode itself seems to be dead / no longer supported:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/149322/why-does-dice-do-events-and-daily-challenges-for-starfighter-assault#latest

Just so long as people are still talking about SA, we're on the right path.
  • Definitely in need of New Starfighter Assault Maps !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Does anyone have any tips for using a hero starfighter? It seems I always get targeted when I choose one.
  • Use small one as their hit box is smaller and their maniability helps to survive. Add weapons star cards or life / regens ones. Maniability star card is a must for some heroes.
  • Does anyone have any tips for using a hero starfighter? It seems I always get targeted when I choose one.

I know . Massive flaw. Unavoidable I'm afraid. I don't choose them any more.

Luke's xwing and idens tie fighter are good because they look no different at a glance.

The millennium falcon is just a magnet for enemy ships.
    Does anyone have any tips for using a hero starfighter? It seems I always get targeted when I choose one.

IMO, the best Hero ships are Poe and Kylo. Poe has a pretty decent kit, with the astromech giving him a huge advantage. Not as big a magnet on maps with other X-Wings, but still stands out on the PT maps. Kylo has a great kit as well, and can survive quite well if flown well. Much bigger magnet though.

As far as overall survivability, experience has taught me to look at the opposing team and get a feel for the battle. If you're constantly getting tailed and wiped, take Boba if you're playing as DS; you won't have a particularly long life, but you'll get to take a lot of the trailing attackers to a fiery grave with you. LS you should take Poe or Luk, as the health regen ability is extremely helpful.

If you're steamrolling, Kylo is where it's at for the DS, as his firepower and maneuverability lethal. Poe is still killer for LS, both attack and defend, but Han's Falcon is amazing when attacking objectives. Tallie's hit and run is great for defending and wiping out attackers.

Either way, and it may seem counter-intuitive, but stay as close as you can to the center of the battle. People targeting you have to contend with all the other ships flying around, which makes it harder to focus on just you. And if you get lucky enough to have good teammates, they'll help keep your back clear. Every time I find myself on the fringe of a battle with a tail, it's very hard to evade without getting in to a circle chase, especially if you're in a slow, lumbering ship.

This ^
  • Yoda is underrated imo...the bigger the ship, the more likely you will pick up tails, Criterion made the larger ships criminally underpowered...they should be able to outrun smaller ships and have passive defensive firing like Y-wings, instead they are giant targets and leveling them is a grind

at least Slave I has that bomb, but it's only really effective when its cards are maxed out (make sure to increase turn radius on every ship you can)
  • uohmzyem0cb2.png

oooooo :)

Was this from my post over on Reddit? :)
    Does anyone have any tips for using a hero starfighter? It seems I always get targeted when I choose one.

IMO, the best Hero ships are Poe and Kylo. Poe has a pretty decent kit, with the astromech giving him a huge advantage. Not as big a magnet on maps with other X-Wings, but still stands out on the PT maps. Kylo has a great kit as well, and can survive quite well if flown well. Much bigger magnet though.

As far as overall survivability, experience has taught me to look at the opposing team and get a feel for the battle. If you're constantly getting tailed and wiped, take Boba if you're playing as DS; you won't have a particularly long life, but you'll get to take a lot of the trailing attackers to a fiery grave with you. LS you should take Poe or Luk, as the health regen ability is extremely helpful.

If you're steamrolling, Kylo is where it's at for the DS, as his firepower and maneuverability lethal. Poe is still killer for LS, both attack and defend, but Han's Falcon is amazing when attacking objectives. Tallie's hit and run is great for defending and wiping out attackers.

Either way, and it may seem counter-intuitive, but stay as close as you can to the center of the battle. People targeting you have to contend with all the other ships flying around, which makes it harder to focus on just you. And if you get lucky enough to have good teammates, they'll help keep your back clear. Every time I find myself on the fringe of a battle with a tail, it's very hard to evade without getting in to a circle chase, especially if you're in a slow, lumbering ship.

Quite a good recap. To go into details:

Han’s falcon:
    good life
    Good fire power in all areas
    Too big => huge hit box
    Not maniable enough to compensate for its size
    => use it if you have reliable team mates to defend your back to take down objectives

Rey’s falcon:
    Life regen
    Too big
    Not maniable
    Bad fire power against ship and normal against objectives
    => don’t use it if you don’t have to

Lando’s falcon:
    Medium life
    Too big
    Maniability star card
    Good fire power against both ships and objectives
    => my favorite as it combines firepower and survivability

Yoda:
    Small hit box
    Medium life for its size
    Good fire power against ships, bad against objectives
    Good maniability + star card
    => my favorite for dogfight and taking down fighters

Talie:
    Small hit box
    Medium life for its size
    Medium firepower in all areas
    => Good alternative to yoda

Luke:
    Medium hit box
    Life regen
    Medium maniability + star card
    Low aim assistance
    Powerfull rockets
    => medium for survivability and dogfight, good to take down Boba and objectives

Poe:
    Good life / hit bow ratio
    Life regen
    High aim assistance
    Good fire power
    Can escape with its post combustion
    Lack a bit of maniability
    => the most versatile light side hero with the higher survavility rate

Maul:
    High fire power with heat reduction star card
    Low life to hit box ratio
    Can hide but not 100% => if you don’t trick your opponent, you may not be able to flee
    Medium maniability
    => good to take down a specific target but you may not be able to stay alive any longer

Boba:
    Bad aiming assistance
    Bad maniability unless star card
    Sismic charge + star card is a must
    Enough life to turn around asteroids or anything else until the sismic charge reloads
    => high damage on any target but may not survive long enough

Kylo:
    Very powerfull rocket but long to shoot
    Good maniability
    Good life to hitbox ratio
    Good firepower
    => maybe the most versatile DS hero

Vador:
    Bad main weapon
    Bad secondary weapon unless barrage star card which makes it quite good
    Good Maniability + star card
    Bad life to hitbox ratio
    => medium + with barrage, maniability and regen star cards

Versio:
    Medium firepower
    Bad life to hitbox ratio
    Many star cards to adapt it to your style
    => my tune makes it the perfect DS hero with maniability and fire power. My best combo to take down Poe

Be carefull, ion canon is a mess against maniability star cards.
    Moreover your play type may lead you to different analysis.
    Some heroes have no BP reduction (at least on PS4) => i don’t remember all but i think versio, poe and Talie. Any damage is directly converted into BP which let you get an other hero quite easily once you’re dead.
    Always try to choose your hero wisely depending on both your team and the foe.

Hope this helps...
  • uohmzyem0cb2.png

oooooo :)

Hope?
  • Sometimes it ends up just the same just after you respawned. Question is: Do any of your team mate understand they need to save you if they want you to be part of the battle?
  • hilapff wrote: »
    Sometimes it ends up just the same just after you respawned. Question is: Do any of your team mate understand they need to save you if they want you to be part of the battle?

they might be hoping you die so they can claim your ship!

I don't do this but it's a problem in all modes, the game has very weak cooperative dynamics
  • They do if you're on mics. It's unfortunate that spawn camping is a thing. I have noticed a recent uptick in the number of people trying this. There really should be a 5-10 second spawn immunity.
  • There is already a spawn immunity. It happened to me in phase 1 of unknown regions to overheat before the immunity expired. Thus leaving me in a bad situation...

You can quite easily find this spawn immunity on Naboo GA as droid too.

There should be more restrictive out of bounds areas to avoid spawn camping on some maps...

By the way spawn camping in front of you the worse. It’s when players are behind you and you spawn which is critical as you can’t even have a chance - D’Qar phase 1
  • We’re about one month away from the day that marks 2 whole years since Starfighter Assault got a new map.

Please DICE, revive Starfighter Assault in 2020.
  • F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Guess our begging had not had any effect.

• F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Here as reference:

qaek3zmusgpr.png

• Am i right in thinking DICE have nothing to do with SA and Criterion aren't involved anymore?

I think if we all go to that thread and voice our wants (again) maybe....just maybe, they will finally get it

Do not think so... if past comments were not enough and this thread with 41 pages and similar threads on reddit are not enough... well, thanks Dice then

• Alwe15
    2384 posts Member
    F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

I think if we all go to that thread and voice our wants (again) maybe....just maybe, they will finally get it
    F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Do not think so... if past comments were not enough and this thread with 41 pages and similar threads on reddit are not enough... well, thanks Dice then

I've done it anyway.
  • Any of you notice the Bwings and Ywings in the trailer/stills for the new film? They look like stock OT versions as far as I can tell.