criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lag switches becoming a problem

When lag happens for the whole match, its server lag. But as of late, i keep running into obvious lag switchers. Odd how one team is dominating, then out of left field you get intensive lag for 30 seconds, and wouldnt you know it, the other team is winning now. Also weird when in those game most people have around 30 kills and then 1 person has 120. They could be good, but i call ****

Replies

• bfloo
    17692 posts Member
    When lag happens for the whole match, its server lag. But as of late, i keep running into obvious lag switchers. Odd how one team is dominating, then out of left field you get intensive lag for 30 seconds, and wouldnt you know it, the other team is winning now. Also weird when in those game most people have around 30 kills and then 1 person has 120. They could be good, but i call *****

Sounds like players playing out of region. It happens in every frostbite game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Daddy_Darth
    108 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    bfloo wrote: »
    When lag happens for the whole match, its server lag. But as of late, i keep running into obvious lag switchers. Odd how one team is dominating, then out of left field you get intensive lag for 30 seconds, and wouldnt you know it, the other team is winning now. Also weird when in those game most people have around 30 kills and then 1 person has 120. They could be good, but i call *****

Whenever players are out of region its consistent, its choppy everytime you cross them. But when the match sputters for 30 seconds and then its fine, thats a switch
  • bfloo wrote: »

Some of us don't have a choice but to play in other regions since DICE deleted our local server in South Africa. (and quite a few others too)
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Some of us don't have a choice but to play in other regions since DICE deleted our local server in South Africa. (and quite a few others too)

Yup, I have to play Euro server mostly now.
  • jonci
    1361 posts Member
    The lag in game is the reason, i haven't touched the game for months now, sick of playing against players who are rubber banding and teleporting, or moving at supersonic speeds.
    Also don't think you are on Euro server all the time just because your default setting says it, i use same setting and ended up on Australian servers, it moves you around to fill the game with players, absolutely terrible and shoddy method and affects what should be a great game.

Shame on them using shoddy servers and this garbage method of filling lobbies, but then they don't give a rats,it shames them and is a waste of the developers hard work.