criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Saber Heroes Vs Troopers - Which Do You Prefer?

So, I always hear a lot of talk about how it's just an easy kill to play as a saber hero in Battlefront. But, my question to you is: is it really?

Keep in mind that lightsabers are a powerful weapon. That's a given. In Star Wars lore, it's one of the most powerful weapons to exist. It's a weapon that takes continuous and lengthy training to master. In Battlefront, I would argue it follows a similar path. Sure, if you find yourself as a trooper facing someone with a lightsaber, chances are they're going to shave off quite a bit of your health, if not kill you.

But it's not that simple. Not every hero in Battlefront is capable of perfectly deflecting blaster fire back into their enemies. Even then, it also requires a little bit of aiming to accurately deflect the bolts at someone which is easily dodged by moving.

Troopers with blasters are capable of keeping a distance away from a hero and shooting from a far. Lightsabers are a close combat weapon and are only useful up close and personal. So, if you're a smart trooper you'd keep a distance or face your end. In Battlefront, there are also weapons like bowcasters, which shoot through lightsaber blocks, rocket launchers, turrets, grenades, and other powerful weapons capable of shaving off quite a bit of health on a saber-wielder forcing them to either retreat, die, or take some damage to charge you. Even then, they run the risk of dying to the hands of a blaster or explosion.

There are also vehicles. Countless times have I seen a hero fall to a tank on the battlefield. They can shave off a lot of your health if you don't find proper cover. Same with any kind of Armor vehicle manned during the mode.

Lightsaber heroes also have the force which typically comes in the form of some kind of force push. This ability is useless from a distance and in some cases can be easily dodged even when you're within proximity. This is why there are dodge rolls.

Lightsaber heroes are also vulnerable! If you attack them from the back, there's nothing they can do to defend themselves other than turn around, run or kill you. But troopers often come in large numbers so, you can expect to do some damage. Heroes also can't dodge explosions, shock attacks or gas attacks, as I have mentioned before.

So, in reality: Lightsaber heroes are stronger, but require more skill to successfully play than people think. When you play as a hero, you immediately become a target compared to a trooper. The chances of you dying is higher because everyone's shooting at you to take you down before you can try to turn the tables. As a trooper, your only goal is to point and shoot. As a saber hero, you have to defend yourself, defend your team and make wise decisions to prevent your end. A lot more thought goes into it then when I play as a trooper.

When I play as a trooper, it's mainly just aim for the head. Which, I tend to go for headshots a lot because I am pretty decent at marksmanship in the game and can get do it a lot (you should see me as a sniper on Crait lol).

Point is: both saber heroes and troopers require skill. You're not getting cheap kills by playing as a saber hero, you're just downsizing your opposing team by eliminating the troopers who didn't put any thought into staying away from someone with a stronger weapon. It's no different than if I were to play as a saber hero and intentionally keep a distance from any wookies.

And, if you use HVV as any form of example as sabers being better than blasters, please keep in mind that it's literally 1v1 (saber vs blaster) and of course you're at the disadvantage. Cause that's how the weapons were. It's the equivalent of bringing a gun (being the saber) to a knife (being the blaster) fight.

But, that's my take on it. What's yours?
THIS has all been foreseen.
j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Replies

  • Fake religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    You say that, but...
    3d8nnzaa2qyb.gif
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3564 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Saber heroes are obviously stronger, but a group of troopers can easily take down a saber hero if they play the situation correctly.
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake Hokey religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    Fixed.
  • TheKing1234
    705 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Why? Why wouldn't you even bother attempting to capture the complexity of the overall general gameplay in a thread? Not even with 10,000 words could it be done accurately. There are counter responses to basically every single thing you've put in there. You should of just asked the title question and be done with it. What a waste of time.
  • this_old_mouse
    2166 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Trooper weapons are so garbage even if a hero is stunned for 5 seconds you can barely kill them. You need perfect aim and headshots unless you want to spend half an hour killing an enemy.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Trooper weapons are so garbage even if a hero is stunned for 5 seconds you can barely kill them. You need perfect aim and headshots unless you want to spend half an hour killing an enemy.

    I mean, not really. Just look at Co-Op. It's the same blasters but they do mega damage to you. The weapons aren't the problem, it's the people handling them. And there are some very accurate blasters that help you get head shots. The Officer class, my class main, has some pretty effective weapons that can defeat heroes. I actually had recordings of me taking down a Vader charging straight at me with it. Sure, he wasn't blocking effectively, but it clearly shows the blaster can do some damage if given the opportunity.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Why? Why wouldn't you even bother attempting to capture the complexity of the overall general gameplay in a thread? Not even with 10,000 words could it be done accurately. There are counter responses to basically every single thing you've put in there. You should of just asked the title question and be done with it. What a waste of time.

    I mean...
    jxj83kldl1ea.gif
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Saber heroes are obviously stronger, but a group of troopers can easily take down a saber hero if they play the situation correctly.
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake Hokey religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    Fixed.

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying lol. Saber heroes are SUPPOSED to be stronger because that's how they are designed to be both in Star Wars lore and Battlefront.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Why? Why wouldn't you even bother attempting to capture the complexity of the overall general gameplay in a thread? Not even with 10,000 words could it be done accurately. There are counter responses to basically every single thing you've put in there. You should of just asked the title question and be done with it. What a waste of time.

    I mean...
    jxj83kldl1ea.gif

    You run from wookies haha An officer would run from wookies when they're a hero.
    4jxbm25agcpw.gif

    You little runner you.

    I'm actually enjoying your threads. It's a little bit entertaining to see a noob that thinks he's ok at the game continue to expose himself further and further for not knowing that much. Keep it up.
    d4c2c7bu80uk.gif
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Both. I love wrecking as my heavy(officer is my second main) but running around with a saber hero just tickles me. And I love Han and Chewy. And Palps.
  • Both. I love wrecking as my heavy(officer is my second main) but running around with a saber hero just tickles me. And I love Han and Chewy. And Palps.

    But they can jump super high!! I don't know, there's just something about holding a lightsaber that... feels right, you know? It's exciting. Especially if you're on a Clone Wars map and there's blaster fire all around you, then it really starts feeling like a battle.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Both. I love wrecking as my heavy(officer is my second main) but running around with a saber hero just tickles me. And I love Han and Chewy. And Palps.

    But they can jump super high!! I don't know, there's just something about holding a lightsaber that... feels right, you know? It's exciting. Especially if you're on a Clone Wars map and there's blaster fire all around you, then it really starts feeling like a battle.

    Agreed. I main HvV, butbi do play a fair bit of GA and coop and i love all the blaster fire and explosions. Epic😎
  • polarition wrote: »
    Both. I love wrecking as my heavy(officer is my second main) but running around with a saber hero just tickles me. And I love Han and Chewy. And Palps.

    But they can jump super high!! I don't know, there's just something about holding a lightsaber that... feels right, you know? It's exciting. Especially if you're on a Clone Wars map and there's blaster fire all around you, then it really starts feeling like a battle.

    Agreed. I main HvV, butbi do play a fair bit of GA and coop and i love all the blaster fire and explosions. Epic😎

    Oh, see, c'mon dude. If you main HvV then you may as well admit it that the main reason for using officer is for the points so you can get to a hero.

    I rarely ever see officers admit to that haha Even though it's usually true. Back when I was a noob I even switched to officer just because of that reason and I know heaps of others have. Yet almost no one admits to it whilst they're doing it haha
  • polarition wrote: »
    Both. I love wrecking as my heavy(officer is my second main) but running around with a saber hero just tickles me. And I love Han and Chewy. And Palps.

    But they can jump super high!! I don't know, there's just something about holding a lightsaber that... feels right, you know? It's exciting. Especially if you're on a Clone Wars map and there's blaster fire all around you, then it really starts feeling like a battle.

    Agreed. I main HvV, butbi do play a fair bit of GA and coop and i love all the blaster fire and explosions. Epic😎

    Oh, see, c'mon dude. If you main HvV then you may as well admit it that the main reason for using officer is for the points so you can get to a hero.

    I rarely ever see officers admit to that haha Even though it's usually true. Back when I was a noob I even switched to officer just because of that reason and I know heaps of others have. Yet almost no one admits to it whilst they're doing it haha

    I originally started maining officer because of the blurgg actually lol. Also used to play ALOT of Blast. I don't care if I get the hero first. When I get one I get one. And lately, I can get a hero with heavy just as fast as officer.
  • Saber heroes are obviously stronger, but a group of troopers can easily take down a saber hero if they play the situation correctly.
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake Hokey religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    Fixed.

    Sorry, never watched Star Wars in the original language
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Saber heroes are obviously stronger, but a group of troopers can easily take down a saber hero if they play the situation correctly.
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake Hokey religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    Fixed.

    Sorry, never watched Star Wars in the original language

    Lol don't worry about it :) We understood what you meant.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Nothing better than farming 😈
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster
    PopularDeliriousGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Fake religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good blaster

    Than Change your Picture.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!