criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why Jedi: Fallen Order won't make me stop playing SWBF2

Prev134567
Hi everyone, this is my little unprofessional review of Jedi: Fallen Order, and the reasons why I'll be sticking to SWBF2 for a while.

I got the digital copy after reading all the reviews, and despite all the criticism on horrible saber fights and hitboxes + bugs in the platform parts, I still wanted to play this as its freaking Star Wars.

All I can say is that after 2 hours, I happily turned off my PS4 after uninstalling the game.

Here is everything I didn't like about the game:

- Combat: they are just terrible. The locking system goes on and off for no reason. The camera is not following you properly, making you look at walls when there are 3 enemies behind you. When you are on guard, you have to release the guard button, then wait 2 seconds before trying to swing your lightsaber, It is so slow.... making you get hit all the time. This lightsaber has the hitbox the size of a peanut. I was trying to kill a massive Rhino sized beast and all my swings just went through him without any damage. This, happening on SWBF2, I am sort of used to and can blame it on lag or whatever online issue, but for a solo game? This is unacceptable. You have to block at a precise moment to be effective apparently (and deflect laser shots), but it only works half of the time and thus when it doesn't you get hit and stunned and can't do anything. You hit them with your lightsaber, but either the animation doesn't trigger or the hits do nothing. What a horrible mess. SWBF2 lightsaber is way better, and we all know how much it can still improve. In this game, I am constantly fighting the game mechanic and trying to make it work, rather than playing the game smoothly.

I have never died so many times due to these camera/hitbox issues, and who killed me? Stupid little bugs or worms. WoW. How un-interesting and un-impressive... I only saw Stormtroopers in the 'intro' part of the game and they posed no challenge. The next levels I only encountered stupid bugs and rhinos. Is this a game about chasing wildlife in the Star Wars universe?

- Platform gameplay: also full of bugs. You jump on a vine, press the button to climb, and you just fall. You see a cliff, jump for it, and just fall and die. You see a rope, you jump, but your dude forgets to grab it just falls and dies. Repeat about 50 times in the first 2 hours and you see what I mean. Boring, bugged, absolutely no fun. And this part seems to be about 50% of the game content. Jump on vines, ropes, ledges, climb, jump, climb, wall-run, etc. Is this a parkour game? Assassin's Creed wannabe?

- Characters: who is Cal, what's his story? No idea. He is just a Jedi who survived the Purge and survives in hiding. That's all I know about him and I couldn't care less. I also hate his face. Why can't you let me chose another face? Why does every Alien talk perfect English with a New York accent? That just took the little immersion this game tried to have. It's just so weird. I understand that it is easier to have them talk English rather than make up some Alien language, but come on, these guys are like 'hey y'all, sup Jedi's'? And that girl on the ship, why does she have such huge eyes? All I can focus on when she is on screen are those giant eyes. I don't pay attention to the mission setup or anything they say, I can only see her giant eyes.

In addition, there is no Star Wars feeling to this game. The only thing that reminds me that this is Star Wars is my lightsaber. When are the events taking place? Why am I only fighting wildlife bugs? How am I supposed to choose which planet to go to? Is there a difficulty level for these planets? I just went to Dathomir because I loved that planet in the old Star Wars Galaxy online game, but all I found was death and bugs.

After turning off my PS4, I thought maybe I would feel the urge to re-install it and play it again, but nope. Never happened. When I turn off my PS4 after playing SWBF2, I just want to play it again! Even the solo campaign was fun. Not this game. It's a huge fail and disappointment on my end, and after talking to a few of my friends who got it, they feel the same. They hate the combat, they hate the platform part, and they don't care about the story.

For those of you that did play, what did you think of it?

Replies

• Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to reply point by point.

- I play on PS4 (mentioned a few times in my post). Experiencing stutter from time to time. Played on normal difficulty.

- I played the tutorial level, then the level where you find the droid, then went to Dathomir and after dying a few times, that's where I stopped. In that entire 2nd level and Dathomir, all I fought were bugs or animals.

- I know Cal can slow down enemies, and I have used it on the bugs / worm like things in the 2nd level. The hitbox issue is not me being 10 feet away, I was maybe 10 inches to the animals face, swinging my lightsaber and yet nothing registered. This is happening with big and small animals. I can't get any closer otherwise I'd be IN the animal lol :) Not sure about Stormtroopers as besides the tutorial, I haven't seen one.

- Jumping issues comes up in all reviews I read. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Bug that needs to be fixed asap.

- I played 2 hours and got nowhere. That is exactly my point. After 2 hours in this game all I did was die due to jumping /platform + hitbox issues and fight bugs / animals. I have ZERO excitement for what the story WILL be at this point. That's sounds like a big failure if I need more than 2 hours to want to play the game further.

- Of all SW games I have played, TIE-Fighter and Rogue Squadron are my favorite. SW Galaxy was also great in its first year (despite all its issues).

- "the enemies have cool and creative designs": to me its just a bug/dog, a rhino like animal and the stormtroopers in the first tutorial mission. Nothing cool at all.

- "Doing what I am supposed to do": you mean going from point A to point B by jumping / climbing 20 times and sometimes killing a bug, and the reward is a colored poncho? Totally boring to me. Its like they just re-skinned uncharted and made it less pretty and less fun. Maybe if I had a blaster it would add some variety?

- "And yes, Dathomir is a higher difficulty compared to Zeffo. Much more difficult." and how do I know this in the game before going there and dying over and over again?

I am just mad because I wanted to enjoy this game, and its disappointing on every level.
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to reply point by point.

- I play on PS4 (mentioned a few times in my post). Experiencing stutter from time to time. Played on normal difficulty.

- I played the tutorial level, then the level where you find the droid, then went to Dathomir and after dying a few times, that's where I stopped. In that entire 2nd level and Dathomir, all I fought were bugs or animals.

- I know Cal can slow down enemies, and I have used it on the bugs / worm like things in the 2nd level. The hitbox issue is not me being 10 feet away, I was maybe 10 inches to the animals face, swinging my lightsaber and yet nothing registered. This is happening with big and small animals. I can't get any closer otherwise I'd be IN the animal lol :) Not sure about Stormtroopers as besides the tutorial, I haven't seen one.

- Jumping issues comes up in all reviews I read. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Bug that needs to be fixed asap.

- I played 2 hours and got nowhere. That is exactly my point. After 2 hours in this game all I did was die due to jumping /platform + hitbox issues and fight bugs / animals. I have ZERO excitement for what the story WILL be at this point. That's sounds like a big failure if I need more than 2 hours to want to play the game further.

- Of all SW games I have played, TIE-Fighter and Rogue Squadron are my favorite. SW Galaxy was also great in its first year (despite all its issues).

- "the enemies have cool and creative designs": to me its just a bug/dog, a rhino like animal and the stormtroopers in the first tutorial mission. Nothing cool at all.

- "Doing what I am supposed to do": you mean going from point A to point B by jumping / climbing 20 times and sometimes killing a bug, and the reward is a colored poncho? Totally boring to me. Its like they just re-skinned uncharted and made it less pretty and less fun. Maybe if I had a blaster it would add some variety?

- "And yes, Dathomir is a higher difficulty compared to Zeffo. Much more difficult." and how do I know this in the game before going there and dying over and over again?

I am just mad because I wanted to enjoy this game, and its disappointing on every level.

Maybe you'd be best suited watching a playthrough instead of playing yourself, lol. I don't think it's a story you should miss out on. It's not too often we get stories surrounding Inquisitors. And, not to give too much away but if you've watched Star Wars the Clone Wars then you know very much that bugs aren't the only dangerous creatures on Dathomir ;)
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »

bugs aren't the only dangerous creatures on Dathomir ;)

yeah, i've known since early 2000s when i was looking for my holocron in Star Wars Galaxy by slaying those night sisters :)

• It's not going to make me stop playing BF2, although I didn't play it all this weekend because I was so consumed by the story of Fallen Order. It is definitely worth sticking with for the story alone. It took a bit of getting used to the combat because it is so different from BF2, which is basically all I've played for the last 2 years. You have to be a lot more patient and fight defensively in FO (spamming attack isn't going to get you far in this.)

I didn't experience any noticeable bugs playing through the story.

Dathomir is definitely more difficult to do early in the game. I tried going to Dathomir after Zeffo looking for a certain item, but decided to go about getting the item another way. Dathomir was a lot more manageable when I had upgraded my skill tree and had learned new force powers.

I'm looking forward to helping my son play through the story after completing it once. The story gets better and better as it goes on and would have made for a great movie.
  • Overall, I didn't mind the game. My only problem with it is all the puzzle solving. I don't play Star Wars to solve puzzles or figure out how to get candles past water without getting them wet. I play Star Wars to kill things with a lightsaber. I thought the gameplay it self was very good. But I'm also playing on Xbox one. I haven't finished the game yet, but so far, I like it.
  • I am happy that you didn't get any of the bugs I got. I am on PS4. Low framerate, hitbox issues, jumps issues, etc... make this game miserable.

polarition wrote: »
    9ljcgmh193ha.gif

Lol, wow. You even insulted his face.

As someone who completely played through the game, I must say I disagree. I didn't use the locking system. So, if you're focusing primarily on it then you have a bit of a problem and that's probably why you don't like the fighting in the game. I moved about... A LOT. I evaded hits while deflecting blaster fire, parrying close combat moves, etc. There's more to fighting than just swinging your saber at everything that moves then getting mad cause it moved back. Cal has special abilities. Without going too much into detail, I'll just say his starter ability allows you to slow down enemies long enough to strike them. Maybe try that. I'm also not sure what system you're playing on, but pretty much all of my saber strikes hit my enemies with the small chance that I got struck before I got deal a blow. And the hit box is relative to the lightsaber size? I don't know if you're expecting a bigger hit box than how big your lightsaber is, but come on...

I did have the issue where he failed to grab onto vines to climb. I also learned that once you jump, you're supposed to wait for him to automatically grab on and then press the climb button instead of frantically spamming the climb button cause it not to trigger in time.

Let me just say, you played about 2 hours out of a basically 15 hour game. You got no where. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed that you were in the first world and it was so easy for you that you got aggravated. Perhaps try turning up the game difficulty. It can be modified in your settings menu. Perhaps you had it set to the lowest difficulty. And, I can say from experiencing the game in full, it gets difficult.

This isn't a game focused on fighting stormtroopers. I'm not sure why you developed your own idea of what the game's story should be instead of just playing the game and learning the story they made and then getting mad, but that's not really how games work, my dude. And, yes, there are plenty more stormtroopers to come in the following levels.

I have to say that JFO is one of the best Star Wars games I've played. It's incredibly immersive, the story is fantastic, the worlds are beautiful, the enemies have cool and creative designs, and if you actually do what you're supposed to do and scavenge a little you'll find bits and pieces of extra story lying around the maps that give you background on the events that happened in that area. Obviously this is vague because I'm not inclined to give any of the story line away.

And yes, Dathomir is a higher difficulty compared to Zeffo. Much more difficult.

But anyways, I'm sorry you didn't like any of it or had any patience to get past the tutorial level. I hope at some point you change your mind and give JFO some more thought and patience seeing that you paid for it and all. Allow yourself to experience the story for what it is, not for what you expected it to be.

I've put roughly 16-20 hrs in the game, and while i think it has its moments i have to agree the beginning was very frustrating as well to figure out controls/difficulty etc. I've experienced saber combat glitches such as blocking and hitboxes but mostly blocking, as in it doesn't trigger, without being staggered. Also while I thought this game was off to a strong start story-wise, but the ship characters are corny. Cal is an alright character, the actor portrays him relatively charismatic and his relationship with BD is good. I just remember there was one sequence where the shrek alien captain was like "cal im worried about you can we talk" BUT THERE WAS NO PRIOR DEVELOPMENT IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP 👏🏻🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
    Also I experienced frame rate drops, (single-player game that is 40-50gb, average looking in UE4, wtf?) and platforming issues. Had to restart a sliding area because my jump was bugged so I kept dying. In 2019. Single player game. Why? Mario accomplished jumping just fine in the 80s.

In short, I had basically no expectations going into this game other than the inquisitors would be in it. Yet, I was disappointed. When I'm finally immersed into the game, respawn's ***** development just shows so blantantly obvious. Like I said, this game has its moments, saber animations are good, saber customization is great. But the ship characters are corny, the platforming is bugged and it's F👏🏻I👏🏻L👏🏻L👏🏻E👏🏻R👏🏻 along with learning some "abilities". Respawn themselves said the game was longer than anticipated, I can only imagine why. Also invisible walls. Once you find one, and you WILL, you will KNOW exactly what I mean. And the wookies. Just look at the wookies. This is 2019 folks.

While I want to enjoy this game, I've found myself turning the difficulty down to story mode so I can finish the game quickly, because I care not to spend the rest of my days fighting lightsaber-resistant spiders and mice.

Once you look past the glitches, the game to me is just decent. Not bad, but definitely not great. It just feels like filler, because it is undeniably filled with filler, and why wouldn't it be? Final Star Wars movie this year, (in the trilogy), the mandolorian just dropped, Star Wars is in its season, so drop a game while you can, right?

Nothing against Cal and BD and their actors, to be honest you to have been shorted.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    4899 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The first 3 missions are slow but they have to be. They teach you the ins and outs of the game. And this sentence always bugs the crap out of me. "Oh whos Cal. I don't know him so I don't care" Well what if I watched Luke skywalker and said Oh who is this I dont care" And I turn of the movie. Seems dumb doesn't it

I think I'm about 3/4 done. It really gets good. I enjoy it for sure

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Obviously you are just a bad player who thought they could kick it out on Jedi Master. The first 3 missions are slow but they have to be. They teach you the ins and outs of the game. And this sentence always bugs the crap out of me. "Oh whos Cal. I don't know him so I don't care" Well what if I watched Luke skywalker and said Oh who is this I dont care" And I turn of the movie. Seems dumb doesn't it

Plus I think the lightsaber combat is really well done. Agree/Disagree?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Obviously you are just a bad player who thought they could kick it out on Jedi Master. The first 3 missions are slow but they have to be. They teach you the ins and outs of the game. And this sentence always bugs the crap out of me. "Oh whos Cal. I don't know him so I don't care" Well what if I watched Luke skywalker and said Oh who is this I dont care" And I turn of the movie. Seems dumb doesn't it

I like the lightsaber combat as well. It is much more strategic than the BF2 lightsaber combat. It would be interesting to play 1v1 duels or HvV with this combat system.

Agree. Very satisfying 👌
  • Stop insulting Cameron Monaghans face. Or I’ll eat you. He’s the second person to be both the Joker and a Jedi. Just like Mark Hamill, and Cameron did well in both roles in my opinion.

While I agree there are bugs, I’m glad this game exists. And it sounds like you were pretty dang early in the game—id suggest giving it more of a chance.

May the force be with you, even when you’re in my stomach ;)
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest
  • $80 for a worse force unleashed? no thanks
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/

Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

not in some non US places lmao.
    SBMM is here to stay in all games so I'm not, gonna play till they stop support this game and Overwatch then i'm out.
    Here is proof showing how SBMM exists and how it's in ALL of our new games online. https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/

$80?? Where? I paid $55 for the Deluxe edition on Xbox one
  • 15 hours and full of issues...?

Yeah sounds like a bargain bin $20 type of game. As expected.
    Hi everyone, this is my little unprofessional review of Jedi: Fallen Order, and the reasons why I'll be sticking to SWBF2 for a while.

I got the digital copy after reading all the reviews, and despite all the criticism on horrible saber fights and hitboxes + bugs in the platform parts, I still wanted to play this as its freaking Star Wars.

All I can say is that after 2 hours, I happily turned off my PS4 after uninstalling the game.

Here is everything I didn't like about the game:

- Combat: they are just terrible. The locking system goes on and off for no reason. The camera is not following you properly, making you look at walls when there are 3 enemies behind you. When you are on guard, you have to release the guard button, then wait 2 seconds before trying to swing your lightsaber, It is so slow.... making you get hit all the time. This lightsaber has the hitbox the size of a peanut. I was trying to kill a massive Rhino sized beast and all my swings just went through him without any damage. This, happening on SWBF2, I am sort of used to and can blame it on lag or whatever online issue, but for a solo game? This is unacceptable. You have to block at a precise moment to be effective apparently (and deflect laser shots), but it only works half of the time and thus when it doesn't you get hit and stunned and can't do anything. You hit them with your lightsaber, but either the animation doesn't trigger or the hits do nothing. What a horrible mess. SWBF2 lightsaber is way better, and we all know how much it can still improve. In this game, I am constantly fighting the game mechanic and trying to make it work, rather than playing the game smoothly.

I have never died so many times due to these camera/hitbox issues, and who killed me? Stupid little bugs or worms. WoW. How un-interesting and un-impressive... I only saw Stormtroopers in the 'intro' part of the game and they posed no challenge. The next levels I only encountered stupid bugs and rhinos. Is this a game about chasing wildlife in the Star Wars universe?

- Platform gameplay: also full of bugs. You jump on a vine, press the button to climb, and you just fall. You see a cliff, jump for it, and just fall and die. You see a rope, you jump, but your dude forgets to grab it just falls and dies. Repeat about 50 times in the first 2 hours and you see what I mean. Boring, bugged, absolutely no fun. And this part seems to be about 50% of the game content. Jump on vines, ropes, ledges, climb, jump, climb, wall-run, etc. Is this a parkour game? Assassin's Creed wannabe?

- Characters: who is Cal, what's his story? No idea. He is just a Jedi who survived the Purge and survives in hiding. That's all I know about him and I couldn't care less. I also hate his face. Why can't you let me chose another face? Why does every Alien talk perfect English with a New York accent? That just took the little immersion this game tried to have. It's just so weird. I understand that it is easier to have them talk English rather than make up some Alien language, but come on, these guys are like 'hey y'all, sup Jedi's'? And that girl on the ship, why does she have such huge eyes? All I can focus on when she is on screen are those giant eyes. I don't pay attention to the mission setup or anything they say, I can only see her giant eyes.

In addition, there is no Star Wars feeling to this game. The only thing that reminds me that this is Star Wars is my lightsaber. When are the events taking place? Why am I only fighting wildlife bugs? How am I supposed to choose which planet to go to? Is there a difficulty level for these planets? I just went to Dathomir because I loved that planet in the old Star Wars Galaxy online game, but all I found was death and bugs.

After turning off my PS4, I thought maybe I would feel the urge to re-install it and play it again, but nope. Never happened. When I turn off my PS4 after playing SWBF2, I just want to play it again! Even the solo campaign was fun. Not this game. It's a huge fail and disappointment on my end, and after talking to a few of my friends who got it, they feel the same. They hate the combat, they hate the platform part, and they don't care about the story.

For those of you that did play, what did you think of it?

So you stopped on Dathomir, where the game warns you not to go because it'll probably be to hard. All I can say is pay attention and git gud.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    15 hours and full of issues...?

Hardly any issues, don’t listen to this guy, he has barely played it
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    15 hours and full of issues...?

Hardly any issues, don’t listen to this guy, he has barely played it

Ok.

I just didn't think someone would lie about camera, hitbox, and climbing issues.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, its not like anything's going to make me stop playing Battlefront till some other multiplayers come out. Like Jedi Academy 4: Title or a remake of Revenge of the Sith dueling. That's about it. Or Halo Infinite. CoD's already got me playing much less than usual.

I just have a few portions of your comment to discuss:
    zambalex2 wrote: »
    - Combat: they are just terrible. The locking system goes on and off for no reason. The camera is not following you properly, making you look at walls when there are 3 enemies behind you.

Only use lock-on against a single stronger enemy like an Inquisitor. Haven't really had the other camera problems you mentioned except that I hate the sensitivity lock thing. I can't make it faster
    When you are on guard, you have to release the guard button, then wait 2 seconds before trying to swing your lightsaber, It is so slow.... making you get hit all the time.

What? Not nearly. This is a very good thing. Otherwise we would simply be able to spam the defense button and get parries literally every time. I noticed this immediately and thought it was a savvy feature.
    This lightsaber has the hitbox the size of a peanut. I was trying to kill a massive Rhino sized beast and all my swings just went through him without any damage. This, happening on SWBF2, I am sort of used to and can blame it on lag or whatever online issue, but for a solo game? This is unacceptable.

I'm usually able to hit creatures accurately, but it does seem a little small for hitting those random poles sometimes.
    You have to block at a precise moment to be effective apparently (and deflect laser shots), but it only works half of the time and thus when it doesn't you get hit and stunned and can't do anything.

Good thing to prevent simple spamming of the parry mechanic over and over

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• realta333 wrote: »

9ljcgmh193ha.gif

Lol, wow. You even insulted his face.

As someone who completely played through the game, I must say I disagree. I didn't use the locking system. So, if you're focusing primarily on it then you have a bit of a problem and that's probably why you don't like the fighting in the game. I moved about... A LOT. I evaded hits while deflecting blaster fire, parrying close combat moves, etc. There's more to fighting than just swinging your saber at everything that moves then getting mad cause it moved back. Cal has special abilities. Without going too much into detail, I'll just say his starter ability allows you to slow down enemies long enough to strike them. Maybe try that. I'm also not sure what system you're playing on, but pretty much all of my saber strikes hit my enemies with the small chance that I got struck before I got deal a blow. And the hit box is relative to the lightsaber size? I don't know if you're expecting a bigger hit box than how big your lightsaber is, but come on...

I did have the issue where he failed to grab onto vines to climb. I also learned that once you jump, you're supposed to wait for him to automatically grab on and then press the climb button instead of frantically spamming the climb button cause it not to trigger in time.

Let me just say, you played about 2 hours out of a basically 15 hour game. You got no where. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed that you were in the first world and it was so easy for you that you got aggravated. Perhaps try turning up the game difficulty. It can be modified in your settings menu. Perhaps you had it set to the lowest difficulty. And, I can say from experiencing the game in full, it gets difficult.

This isn't a game focused on fighting stormtroopers. I'm not sure why you developed your own idea of what the game's story should be instead of just playing the game and learning the story they made and then getting mad, but that's not really how games work, my dude. And, yes, there are plenty more stormtroopers to come in the following levels.

I have to say that JFO is one of the best Star Wars games I've played. It's incredibly immersive, the story is fantastic, the worlds are beautiful, the enemies have cool and creative designs, and if you actually do what you're supposed to do and scavenge a little you'll find bits and pieces of extra story lying around the maps that give you background on the events that happened in that area. Obviously this is vague because I'm not inclined to give any of the story line away.

And yes, Dathomir is a higher difficulty compared to Zeffo. Much more difficult.

But anyways, I'm sorry you didn't like any of it or had any patience to get past the tutorial level. I hope at some point you change your mind and give JFO some more thought and patience seeing that you paid for it and all. Allow yourself to experience the story for what it is, not for what you expected it to be.

I've put roughly 16-20 hrs in the game, and while i think it has its moments i have to agree the beginning was very frustrating as well to figure out controls/difficulty etc. I've experienced saber combat glitches such as blocking and hitboxes but mostly blocking, as in it doesn't trigger, without being staggered. Also while I thought this game was off to a strong start story-wise, but the ship characters are corny. Cal is an alright character, the actor portrays him relatively charismatic and his relationship with BD is good. I just remember there was one sequence where the shrek alien captain was like "cal im worried about you can we talk" BUT THERE WAS NO PRIOR DEVELOPMENT IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP 👏🏻🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
    Also I experienced frame rate drops, (single-player game that is 40-50gb, average looking in UE4, wtf?) and platforming issues. Had to restart a sliding area because my jump was bugged so I kept dying. In 2019. Single player game. Why? Mario accomplished jumping just fine in the 80s.

In short, I had basically no expectations going into this game other than the inquisitors would be in it. Yet, I was disappointed. When I'm finally immersed into the game, respawn's ***** development just shows so blantantly obvious. Like I said, this game has its moments, saber animations are good, saber customization is great. But the ship characters are corny, the platforming is bugged and it's F👏🏻I👏🏻L👏🏻L👏🏻E👏🏻R👏🏻 along with learning some "abilities". Respawn themselves said the game was longer than anticipated, I can only imagine why. Also invisible walls. Once you find one, and you WILL, you will KNOW exactly what I mean. And the wookies. Just look at the wookies. This is 2019 folks.

While I want to enjoy this game, I've found myself turning the difficulty down to story mode so I can finish the game quickly, because I care not to spend the rest of my days fighting lightsaber-resistant spiders and mice.

Once you look past the glitches, the game to me is just decent. Not bad, but definitely not great. It just feels like filler, because it is undeniably filled with filler, and why wouldn't it be? Final Star Wars movie this year, (in the trilogy), the mandolorian just dropped, Star Wars is in its season, so drop a game while you can, right?

Nothing against Cal and BD and their actors, to be honest you to have been shorted.

I mean the game is... literally filler. It's filling in a story gap for the Star Wars story.

I only experienced 1 glitch in the game which was I fell off a ledge after sliding down a ramp and then I kept spawning falling into the void. But it literally fixed itself and spawned me elsewhere after falling too many times because I let my life just run out instead of turning off the whole game and I didn't experience any other glitches the entire game.

I've seen the frame rate drop a little when it was loading areas and I guess I got there too quickly. But it only happened a handful of times and only took about 3-4 seconds to finish loading the area so it wasn't too frustrating or enough to make me stop playing a game. All games do that if you're fast enough, I've even seen it happen in BF2.

I've bumped into invisible walls because that's the edge of the map. You do realize you can't just go wherever you please, right? There has to be something to stop you, lol. Would you have preferred a solid wall? Cause that'd look ridiculous.

The character development for your shipmates could be better, but it's not really necessary. Everyone except Cere is basically not plot important and you don't have to interact with them. So, that's not really a problem I had. I mainly spent my time outside of the ship doing things.

And, I finished the game like a day ago and actually went back and turned the difficulty up much higher to Jedi Master and it's actually really manageable now that I know how to fight.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Fallen Order won't stop me from playing BF2, because Fallen Order DOESN'T WORK. The game either crashes as soon as it starts up (PS4 error code CE-34878-0) or gets stuck loading on the Jedi Order symbol. It did this 50 times at least before I gave up on it. I reinstalled it three times, and even initialized the entire hard drive.

I have no choice but to get a refund. Hats off to those of you who are able to play this mythical game that I paid $70 to preorder. At least you got something for your money and time.
  • Fallen Order won't stop me from playing BF2, because Fallen Order DOESN'T WORK. The game either crashes as soon as it starts up (PS4 error code CE-34878-0) or gets stuck loading on the Jedi Order symbol. It did this 50 times at least before I gave up on it. I reinstalled it three times, and even initialized the entire hard drive.

I have no choice but to get a refund. Hats off to those of you who are able to play this mythical game that I paid $70 to preorder. At least you got something for your money and time.

Now thats an actual issue, I’d recommend contacting EA support
  • Zeffo: a planet with a beautiful temperate climate and a tranquil environment (pardon the stormy landing of course) vs Dathomir: planet of dark side energy and rituals and rancors and witches and a red tinted sunset with evil mist everywhere and evil zombies and evil plants and literal evil

Greez says "Wait you wanna go to Dathomir wtf?!" and has a continuous panic attack upon landing, your crew tells you several times you can leave and come back later, and it's Dathomir

Which is going to be the more difficult planet?

That's like going to Korriban first after Dantooine in KOTOR and complaining the Sith homeworld is harder than Manaan or Kashyyyk was.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    For what it is worth. I don't own the game and haven't played it.

Will be playing Battlefront II for the time being. Much more a multiplayer person.

Well if you're a star wars fan I highly recommend it.

On the topic of rancors
    I'm just annoyed that there wasn't a single rancor. The alpha Nydak should have been a young Rancor instead

• For what it is worth. I don't own the game and haven't played it.

Will be playing Battlefront II for the time being. Much more a multiplayer person.
    As well as I....as well as I
    799qcc813uhh.jpg

Wait, does that mean you didn't play the Campaign of BF2? Lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors
    I'm just annoyed that there wasn't a single rancor. The alpha Nydak should have been a young Rancor instead

Rancors are only indigenous to specific planets.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors

Umm, they're endemic to Dathomir dawg 😂

On the topic of rancors

As pets, basically? That'd change the purpose of the Alpha Nydak and change the plot lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited November 2019

On the topic of rancors

As pets, basically? That'd change the purpose of the Alpha Nydak and change the plot lol

No? Rancors are completely native to Dathomir. That's always been their home planet as a species.

There was no purpose for a Nydak. I've never even heard of them before J:FO. Rancors evolved there

Since Disney AND the older stuff

On the topic of rancors

No? Rancors are completely native to Dathomir. That's always been their home planet as a species.

There was no purpose for a Nydak. I've never even heard of them before J:FO. Rancors evolved there

What? I'm pretty sure their home planet was Felucia?
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

On the topic of rancors

What? I'm pretty sure their home planet was Felucia?

Since when? I admit I know nothing about what Disney changed, but Dathomir was their home pre Disney. Now unless Disney changed it, they originated on Dathomir

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rancor

Unless it's wrong, this still says its their home planet

On the topic of rancors

I agree with this spoiler.

On the topic of rancors
    I'm loving my indigo lightsaber tho. Should beat it tonight or tomorrow I think

On the topic of rancors
    I love my Indigo lightsaber as well, the blue with a slight purple tinge just looks gorgeous

On the topic of rancors
    I love my Indigo lightsaber as well, the blue with a slight purple tinge just looks gorgeous

Agreed.

On the topic of rancors

Made me so sad

On the topic of rancors

Oh my god
    I'm glad they kept Yellow, Orange, and Magenta canon, and even made more colors canon than what previously existed. Never seen Indigo and Cyan on a lightsaber but they're gorgeous.

I use Cyan

On the topic of rancors

Made me so sad

On the topic of rancors

Oh my god
    I'm glad they kept Yellow, Orange, and Magenta canon, and even made more colors canon than what previously existed. Never seen Indigo and Cyan on a lightsaber but they're gorgeous.

I use Cyan

There have been a few times this game has made me giggle like a little child.I'm really glad I got it and I'll definitely be playing through it at least one or two more times.