criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

How can console players pay for a online membership every month/annually.

Bubbywhaleslayer
413 posts Member
edited November 2019
I just cant wrap my head around how people are okay paying for online.. You should all just get a PC and stop supporting this [removed]. Plus PC is about 100x better. You are just lining sony and microsofts pockets. If you guys continue paying them for this it will never change either. I used to love console but it feels like you are just letting them ploop you in your butt.
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• Its become the norm now. Tbh I don't mind it. 60$ isn't much
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I usually buy a 12 month card on black Friday for $40. We do get free games every month with the subscription. I've gotten games that I wanted to play but would not pay for such as the Game of Thrones TellTale game, Gauntlet, and Last of Us. I've also played Random free games that ended up being really cool. One is called Journey.

We also don't have hackers on console so that nice too.
  • Batman20
    2304 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    It's not that much for a year membership and you get 2 free games every month even if some are awful. Plus a good gaming pc costs alot of money more than a console so people without alot of money it's easier just to buy a cheap console
  • Well, I don’t have anything against consoles and players. I also against this policy tbh. My primary platform is PC but sometimes I play on my PS4 basically some single player games or some exclusives.

I never understand one thing. You buy a console, buy a game and you have to buy online to play MP and this is normal these days. You have to pay to much to just play a game imho.

PS: I remember good old days when you had free online access on PS3

I really do miss it. If we didn't continue to support it it could end... Possibly..
  • Its become the norm now. Tbh I don't mind it. 60$ isn't much

Then it will never change sadly..
  • Considering how well online multiplayer was before the subscriptions came about, I prefer what we have now (seriously, the only system that has free online servers that are still usable is the Wii U).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Bubbywhaleslayer
    413 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them, [Removed reference to piracy]. PC is just so worth it in every way.

Referencing anything related to piracy is against the rules ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • dkkg8cz101qp.jpg
  • FourStringBass4
    2174 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them. PC is just so worth it in every way. .

Why would they remove online for a system? When PS7is released, I doubt ill be interested in playing PS4 games online anyway. Why would we lose access to our games? We don’t need to be online to play single player games. PC games have their servers shut down too.

Pc has its advantages and disadvantages. I like not worrying about hackers or having to spend money on new hardware. I also try to not sit too often so it’s nice not playing at a desk.

Edited quote ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them, or even emulate older games. PC is just so worth it in every way. You basically have all consoles combined.

Why would they remove online for a system? When PS7is released, I doubt ill be interested in playing PS4 games online anyway. Why would we lose access to our games? We don’t need to be online to play single player games. PC games have their servers shut down too.

Pc has its advantages and disadvantages. I like not worrying about hackers or having to spend money on new hardware. I also try to not sit too often so it’s nice not playing at a desk.

Also, the next update could render some of your older PC games inoperable (a similar thing happened to iOS... I still miss Game Center and about half of my apps.), but if you maintain your PS4, Wii U, or even your NES, all or most of your game library will still be playable (and the only exceptions are mostly due to server and licensing expirations, which as you stated effects PC too.)
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them, or even emulate older games. PC is just so worth it in every way. You basically have all consoles combined.

you can play this game with a controller on your PC. and they have many times. the original xbox doesnt have live anymore and neither does ps2. eventually ps3 and xbox 360 will follow.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them, or even emulate older games. PC is just so worth it in every way. You basically have all consoles combined.

Also, the next update could render some of your older PC games inoperable (a similar thing happened to iOS... I still miss Game Center and about half of my apps.), but if you maintain your PS4, Wii U, or even your NES, all or most of your game library will still be playable (and the only exceptions are mostly due to server and licensing expirations, which as you stated effects PC too.)

why would my games be inoperable?
    Unfortunately when your game pass ends one day and they completely remove online for that system you won't have any of the games you once played. Not only that but it won't be possible to play online ever again. Not to mention you can't install mods, create them, or even emulate older games. PC is just so worth it in every way. You basically have all consoles combined.

Because some games would require an older, unsupported operating system.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

you can play this game with a controller on your PC. and they have many times. the original xbox doesnt have live anymore and neither does ps2. eventually ps3 and xbox 360 will follow.

For shooters, the entire point of PC is to use mouse and keyboard. Why would I put myself at a significant disadvantage by using a controller? I am aware they eventually cut off the network for old systems, but why would I care about that? I will never play on the PS2 or the PS3 ever again. When they released the PS5, I will never play on my PS4 again.
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Because some games would require an older, unsupported operating system.

I have been gaming my whole life and can't name a single game that isn't supported on my current operating system.

For shooters, the entire point of PC is to use mouse and keyboard. Why would I put myself at a significant disadvantage by using a controller? I am aware they eventually cut off the network for old systems, but why would I care about that? I will never play on the PS2 or the PS3 ever again. When they released the PS5, I will never play on my PS4 again.

Well then you will always be a console consumer. Buy it up and continue supporting corporate greed that will never change.

Well then you will always be a console consumer. Buy it up and continue supporting corporate greed that will never change.

I used to be a PC gamer, and then I completely stopped gaming for about six years until I got a PS4 to play BF2015 with some friends. I am more likely to just go back to not playing video games than I am to always be a console consumer. I don't find it unreasonable to pay to access the PSN. Sony has to spend money to keep it running after all. This forum and Reddit are full of posts by PC players complaining about hackers ruining the game, and I am happy to never deal with that. PC also has lower population. I don't struggle to find lobbies for any of the modes I like while PC players seem have that issue.
  • SQJACKIE
    1258 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    tjb07gzs0pz1.jpeg
  • What’s the difference of paying for a cheaper gaming station’s live service than upgrading your pc every now and then? My Xbox is cheaper than my pc, I never have to replace or upgrade on my Xbox, I get free games on my Xbox, and I have never seen a hacker in my gaming life on Xbox.

That’s like asking why would you pay 800+ for a PC when you’re just gonna have to throw more money into it to make it better? Silly question to me

There’s positives and negatives to each gaming platform.

I mostly agree, except the DLC maps in War for Cybertron on the Xbox 360 is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • What’s the difference of paying for a cheaper gaming station’s live service than upgrading your pc every now and then? My Xbox is cheaper than my pc, I never have to replace or upgrade on my Xbox, I get free games on my Xbox, and I have never seen a hacker in my gaming life on Xbox.

That’s like asking why would you pay 800+ for a PC when you’re just gonna have to throw more money into it to make it better? Silly question to me

because an upgrade for your pc may only be purchasing more ram for 30-40 bucks. But let this thread die because you will never see it the way you dont want too. No point in trying to convince you. In the end a console will cost you much more than your PC ever will.

because an upgrade for your pc may only be purchasing more ram for 30-40 bucks. But let this thread die because you will never see it the way you dont want too. No point in trying to convince you. In the end a console will cost you much more than your PC ever will.

I’m sure people put more than 30-40$ into their PC😂 I know I have

Yeah this guy is ignoring that good video cards cost more than a Console. I imagine he just expected everyone to agree with him.

Yeah this guy is ignoring that good video cards cost more than a Console. I imagine he just expected everyone to agree with him.

More like people just ignore what they don't want to hear.
  • You guys just seem to say anything that you "think" without actually knowing. "I'm pretty sure I think that PC is more expensive because you need to upgrade your video card every few years ughhhh" no guys. Why speak about something if you don't actually know anything about it?
  • You guys just seem to say anything that you "think" without actually knowing. "I'm pretty sure I think that PC is more expensive because you need to upgrade your video card every few years ughhhh" no guys. Why speak about something if you don't actually know anything about it?

I used to PC game a lot so I know what is involved. The price of building a gaming pc, especially one to run this game with high graphics, will cost a lot more than buying a console and paying for multiple years of their network. Do you deny that?

Why do you even care anyway? You don’t console game it doesn’t affect you at all.
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I partially agree.

I'm totally against paying Microsoft and Sony to allow me the permission to play online. It's not clear at all what value they are providing other than free games and offers, but I don't want other games, just to play specific ones again and again when new content is added.

I would pay developers to play their games because having servers up and running with a good performance costs money, besides that incentives them to add new content. It's fair because they are the ones adding the actual value MS and Sony at not.

PS hardware quality is good and I understand they are cheaper than what they really should be, the reason I bought a console was because the cost of a good video card was by far more expensive, but the business model they are chosing to compensate is just not right to me.

I used to PC game a lot so I know what is involved. The price of building a gaming pc, especially one to run this game with high graphics, will cost a lot more than buying a console and paying for multiple years of their network. Do you deny that?

Why do you even care anyway? You don’t console game it doesn’t affect you at all.

Continue to pay them for subscription services and it will never change. Ever. It could even trickle into other forms of gaming in the future. I'm suprised more people aren't upset with this system. They are screwing you and you just take it. ×Come on put it in my butt×
  • FourStringBass4
    2174 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    You guys just seem to say anything that you "think" without actually knowing. "I'm pretty sure I think that PC is more expensive because you need to upgrade your video card every few years ughhhh" no guys. Why speak about something if you don't actually know anything about it?

Continue to pay them for subscription services and it will never change. Ever. It could even trickle into other forms of gaming in the future. I'm suprised more people aren't upset with this system. They are screwing you and you just take it. ×Come on put it in my butt×

Maybe you're just cheap? (I don't mean that as an insult) I have no issue with paying for their service. I don't feel I'm being screwed. It's $45 per year. That's nothing. I'll happily pay that to ensure I don't deal with hackers and low population.
    Post edited by FourStringBass4 on

Maybe you're just cheap? (I don't mean that as an insult) I have no issue with paying for their service. I don't feel I'm being screwed. It's $45 per year. That's nothing. I'll happily pay that to ensure I don't deal with hackers and low population.

Okay this discussion is over then. We disagree.
  • They are screwing you and you just take it. ×Come on put it in my butt×

I am always amused by what does or doesn't get moderated on this forum

being too sarcastic about a bug-riddled update = "watch it there, mate"

equating console subscriptions with ***** sex = "carry on with this analogy, sir"
  • PC boy jealous
    Ny shootogawa!
  • I don't have a problem paying for Xbox Live. It's not that expensive and I think I'm getting my money's worth for it.

I also don't have a desire to play at a desk, or pimp out my office, or have my PC set up in my living room.

My family and I get a lot of use out of the Xbox that isn't based around gaming.

It's all preference. Stick with the PC if that works for you. Once upon a time I was a PC gamer.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I don't have a problem paying for Xbox Live. It's not that expensive and I think I'm getting my money's worth for it.

I also don't have a desire to play at a desk, or pimp out my office, or have my PC set up in my living room.

My family and I get a lot of use out of the Xbox that isn't based around gaming.

It's all preference. Stick with the PC if that works for you. Once upon a time I was a PC gamer.

have fun