criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tell me what is your favorite movie the Star Wars Universe

2Next

Replies

• Episode 3, Episode 5, Rogue One, Episode 6 - BEST
  • RainbowXii
    193 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    The Old Republic cinematics > most of the sw movies.

• RainbowXii wrote: »

What?
  • Holiday special
  • 1. ROTJ
    2. ROTS
    3. ESB
    4. ANH
    5. TFA
    6. TPM
    7. TLJ
    8. AOTC
    lets see where ROS will be
  • RainbowXii wrote: »

If you are talking about SWTOR cinematic trailers they really are one of the best SW media out there.
  • 1.ESB, ROTJ, ROTS.
    2. ANH
    3. TPM
    4. The clone wars tv show
    5. RO/TCW movie
    6. Solo

6.Don’t care.
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    RainbowXii wrote: »

If you are talking about SWTOR cinematic trailers they really are one of the best SW media out there.

What else would he be on about?
  • @EA_Rtas Serious question and not trolling. But how come this thread isn't in off-topic when it's only about movies and yet my thread got moved to off-topic with the reason that it is only about the movies?
  • @EA_Rtas Serious question and not trolling. But how come this thread isn't in off-topic when it's only about movies and yet my thread got moved to off-topic with the reason that it is only about the movies?

Mine got moved to Off-Topic when it was talking about the forum itself relating to the game.
  • My list and reasons for enjoying and Hating the Trilogies

1:Empire Strikes Back -Vader is whose Father!?

2:A New Hope -my introduction to StarWars

3:Return of the Jedi -Luke fufills His Destiny

4:Rogue One -Backstory for the Death Star weakness

5:Attack of the Clones -Anakins evolution into Vader
    6:Revenge of the Sith -Vader is Born

7:Phantom Menace -Jar Jar Binks 😤

8: The Farce Awakens -they killed off Han

9:Solo -Han’s Legends Backstory did it better, it also explained Dengar, the extensive Solo-Sal Solo family interfeud and that Solo was Not A nickname from some backwater Imp Officer

10:The Last Jedi -Death of Luke Death of Plothook Snoke

11:The Rise of Skywalker -Aka Mar-Rey Sue
    To be announced but if Leaks and Teasers are to go on, it’s horrible. 😩
  • I simply do not understand the love Rogue One receives in this forum. Aside from THOSE fantastic and beautiful last 3 minutes, the movie is far from being OT tier. It's good but not THAT good.

My main issue with RO is that I find Cassian and Jyn uninteresting. I care about the story but I don't really care about them. They lack charisma, personality, they feel just, bland. They are OK, that's it. They are good enough to carry the movie but there's nothing about them that makes them memorable. Knowing from the start that they are gonna die doesn't help either.

• anidriX wrote: »
    I simply do not understand the love Rogue One receives in this forum. Aside from THOSE fantastic and beautiful last 3 minutes, the movie is far from being OT tier. It's good but not THAT good.

My main issue with RO is that I find Cassian and Jyn uninteresting. I care about the story but I don't really care about them. They lack charisma, personality, they feel just, bland. They are OK, that's it. They are good enough to carry the movie but there's nothing about them that makes them memorable. Knowing from the start that they are gonna die doesn't help either.

I like it for the Action and fighting, the Story (meh) is just a foil to build up on the next movie, and to explain as to why the Rebels fleet at Yavin IV was relatively small consisting of snub-Fighters and a few Transports
  • Dash
    11748 posts Member
    ESB always. And now Mandalorian is my favorite Star Wars Show/Experience this far. 🤘😎
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Batman20 wrote: »
    Empire from the original trilogy
    Revenge from the prequels
    Rogue one from Disney

Ditto!
  • Alwe15
    2592 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    I simply do not understand the love Rogue One receives in this forum. Aside from THOSE fantastic and beautiful last 3 minutes, the movie is far from being OT tier. It's good but not THAT good.

That, friend, is what makes life interesting. We've all got different opinions about each movie and that forms our preference.

For me, RO delivers a nice tie-in with ANH. It provides new characters that despite their lack of survival, further demonstrate the desperation of the Rebellion. Which, IMO, ANH isn't necessarily successful at, given the plot and destruction of the galaxy's scariest weapon (plus RO provides an explanation for a weakness that never should have existed!).

I could continue but I want to avoid TL;DR 😂

100% agree
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's

Its just an awesome action set piece, for me, it is a film that I can throw on whenever and happily watch through it all getting giddy at the Empire fighting the Rebels, showing the grey in between. Vader is a nice addition (of course) but even without that scene, I love the film
  • you can tell how old people are from their responses

I was in high school when the prequels came out, watched the OT after and I can still tell you that the OT is better, ESB is the best, and it isn't even close.

The people who now uncritically love everything they absorbed when they were young will become the cranky old folks complaining that everything was better in the good old days.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

That, friend, is what makes life interesting. We've all got different opinions about each movie and that forms our preference.

For me, RO delivers a nice tie-in with ANH. It provides new characters that despite their lack of survival, further demonstrate the desperation of the Rebellion. Which, IMO, ANH isn't necessarily successful at, given the plot and destruction of the galaxy's scariest weapon (plus RO provides an explanation for a weakness that never should have existed!).

Continue without fear of TL;DR my friend. :smile:

Yes I also liked how they gave an explanation for the DS’s unbelievable weakness. It does indeed tie in pretty neatly with ANH but a big part of that are those minutes at the end.
    Star Wars has become a staple of pop culture and at this point it’s a huge universe but what has truly driven the story since the beginning are the huge amount of memorable characters. Vader, Han, Luke, Leia, The Emperor, Lando and so on.
    In my opinion RO falls short in that regard.
  • Anyone putting AotC above any OT film can’t be taken seriously. How that possibly be top half of anyone’s list.

🤢🤢
    5. RO/TCW movie

Umm, I’m sorry, but lumping that trash heap in the same number as Rogue One is against the rules good sir. 😛

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • OoiiHooked_22
    5136 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Anyone putting AotC above any OT film can’t be taken seriously. How that possibly be top half of anyone’s list.

🤢🤢
    5. RO/TCW movie

Umm, I’m sorry, but lumping that trash heap in the same number as Rogue One is against the rules good sir. 😛

To YOU 😂😂. You really made 2 post in a matter of minutes crying about prequels. Impressive. Just tag me next time cutie. Dude really got cranky because of an opinion 😂 on thanksgiving 😂. Go have some pie
  • 1.ESB, ROTJ, ROTS.
    2. ANH
    3. TPM
    4. The clone wars tv show
    5. RO/TCW movie
    6. Solo

6.Don’t care.

I also love TCW tv show. I'm rewatching I'm Disney+ for about the 4th time
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Anyone putting AotC above any OT film can’t be taken seriously. How that possibly be top half of anyone’s list.

🤢🤢
    5. RO/TCW movie

To YOU 😂😂. You really made 2 post in a matter of minutes crying about prequels. Impressive. Just tag me next time cutie. Dude really got cranky because of an opinion 😂 on thanksgiving 😂. Go have some pie

God I over ate so bad today ugh🤢
  • Piscettios wrote: »

🤢🤢
    5. RO/TCW movie

God I over ate so bad today ugh🤢

I’m starting on some pie as we speak, well cool whip with a side of Pumpkin pie 😈😭. Happy thanksgiving man to you and the fam. Enjoy it
  • 1. I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!
    2. Laugh it up, fuzzball
    3. Your thoughts betray you, father
    4. Remember what you told me about your mother and the Sand People
    5. I hate sand!
    6. Now this is podracing!
    7. My son is alive
    8. I'm a driver and I'm a flyer
    9. I've changed my hair
  • forgot:
    7.5 Jyn, my Stardust, I can't imagine what you think of me
  • Revenge of the Sith easy
    Be sure to unsubscribe & dislike as it helps out a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRouzdpRHBBptPtbzFekLA/videos?view_as=subscriber
  • Empire strikes Back
  • Alwe15
    2592 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Continue without fear of TL;DR my friend. :smile:

Yes I also liked how they gave an explanation for the DS’s unbelievable weakness. It does indeed tie in pretty neatly with ANH but a big part of that are those minutes at the end.
    Star Wars has become a staple of pop culture and at this point it’s a huge universe but what has truly driven the story since the beginning are the huge amount of memorable characters. Vader, Han, Luke, Leia, The Emperor, Lando and so on.
    In my opinion RO falls short in that regard.

I will happily hold hands up and admit that the original characters are memorable, likeable and IMO, the best.

RO does try though, bless it.
  • Seems I missed this thread when moving some to off topic the other day. Carry on everyone.

oq8ouft3oynx.gif
  • The classic. A new hope