criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Too many heroes on each side in GA!!!

@F8RGE Can we please reduce the amount of heroes on the battlefield at a time for Galactic Assault?!? 4 per team is ridiculous!! Played a match on Naboo last night and couldnt even get a decent run going cos there was a hero around every corner!! Why does CS get 2 but we have to contend with gangs of heroes on GA??

Not fun at all.

Replies

• It's only 4 in the last phase. If they switch it to 2 fine. I'm happy with it either way lol
  • 4 is fine for GA. Just undo the stinger pistol stealth nerf.

You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was going to say.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Only 1 hero per team and with a 2 minute cooldown and a queue system

My goodness, no.

Idk about you. But I'm tired of finding a hero that easilly cuts me in half in every corner. I can't even move or kill more than 2 or 3 enemies before being smashed by 4 lightsabers. If DICE doesn't reduce the ammount of heroes to 1 then I want a large hero free mode like the OG BF had
  • A hero assault mode consisting of 12vs12 Heroes and Villains in a Blast Type Game mode would be cool plus a throwback to 2006 Battlefront II
    SQJACKIE wrote: »

My goodness, no.

Idk about you. But I'm tired of finding a hero that easilly cuts me in half in every corner. I can't even move or kill more than 2 or 3 enemies before being smashed by 4 lightsabers. If DICE doesn't reduce the ammount of heroes to 1 then I want a large hero free mode like the OG BF had

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I like it this way, and CS having 2 per team is another good reason for GA to stay the same, for the people who like it this way.

2 for the defending team , 3 for the attacking team
  • Look, GA does still need its share of heros for sure just not 4 at a time!!! Its overkill!
  • It isn’t 4 until the last phases....
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24

My goodness, no.

Do you look at your map? Lol
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24

My goodness, no.

Looks like your going to enjoy boots on the ground event

My goodness, no.

Also, if your playing with half decent players in your team the hero's should seek out and try and nullify each other. If your reason for being a hero is farm trooper kills you are most likely a waste of space in the match anyway
  • Ts only the last phase. It’s fine imo.
  • Mrcjames31 wrote: »
    It isn’t 4 until the last phases....

Yes but the last phase in most GA maps and all CS maps is in a room surrounded by choke points.

A large battle that gets funneled into a room with 8 heroes is just HvV with troopers and reinforcements in the last phase.

If there was a larger player count with larger maps that doesn’t end in a closet then 8 heroes in the final phases might not be so bad but as it is now, it’s too many heroes in a enclosed location. 2 heroes per side is a good number.

The heroes should also be era locked but that’s for a different thread.

Imho defending the throne room in Naboo is the dumbest thing I’ve ever played.
  • They need to buff the stinger pistol to make it effective again
  • Heroes are easily killed. Your team just has to put forth somewhat of an effort to kill them and they're gone. Finding one that actually goes on double maybe triple digit kill streaks is few and far between. If that happens, your team is full of noobs or you're facing a squad who voice chat each other letting them know where your team is.
  • Looking at this thread during <3<3<3<3 weekend
    8678q0xo12y3.jpg
  • No thanks.

Regular GA has the perfect number of heroes. If you dislike specialized units then COD/Battlefield is what you are looking for.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • @WodiQuix

Well said.
  • I would be in favor of putting the battle points cost back where they were. In Era 4000, different Era 6000 points.

How tired of Anakin spam are you? At 600o points people would run out of points more often,

Also nerfing hero-counter measures was a mistake. There is a long list of things that hero players complained about until those things were neutered. We now have the results and they are not great.
  • @WodiQuix exactly!!!! Well put!
  • Mrcjames31 wrote: »
    It isn’t 4 until the last phases....

Yes but the last phase in most GA maps and all CS maps is in a room surrounded by choke points.

A large battle that gets funneled into a room with 8 heroes is just HvV with troopers and reinforcements in the last phase.

If there was a larger player count with larger maps that doesn’t end in a closet then 8 heroes in the final phases might not be so bad but as it is now, it’s too many heroes in a enclosed location. 2 heroes per side is a good number.

The heroes should also be era locked but that’s for a different thread.

It’s funny, the largest parts of the maps it’s 2 heroes, the smallest parts of the maps with long corridors and/or choke points it’s 4 heroes, seems backwards. Agree, 2 should be max imo and I’d even be good with 1. Or just bump up cost to 8000 in the final phase, it would cut down on spam somewhat.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    @F8RGE Can we please reduce the amount of heroes on the battlefield at a time for Galactic Assault?!? 4 per team is ridiculous!! Played a match on Naboo last night and couldnt even get a decent run going cos there was a hero around every corner!! Why does CS get 2 but we have to contend with gangs of heroes on GA??

Not fun at all.

Eh... i say this from the release of the game... 4 heroes in the last phase are too many. Indeed Capital Supremacy is way more balanced for this.
  • Totally agree OP, I played much GA recently and gotta say the heroes are just completely insane in this mode. Make it two per side as a maximum please.
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • I've played GA since launch, it's my main and it's been like this for 2 years. I see no need to change it now.

The only problem with it is the matchmaking.