criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Geonosis GA as droids is an automatic loss after phase 1

Why even try? Every time I see I’m the CIS I assume it’s a loss, because once the AT-TE’s are up and running it’s just a slow drawn out defeat from there

Replies

  • At least you can rack up a high score.
  • I actually won the other day in Round 2 ;)
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.
  • Its tough but I have seen them win before. A tough match like the Empire on Death Star debris SA.
  • Funny I win every time I'm droids on Geo rather it gets passed phase 1 or not.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Its tough but I have seen them win before. A tough match like the Empire on Death Star debris SA.

    Hated being the empire on that map, think ive only ever won once or twice on it,
  • You can win as CIS in phase 2/3, but you have to give a s**t about getting killed over and over and over again. Take a Droideka, race to a lonely AT-TE, place yourself under its belly and fire with everything you've got. It is very easy to take out those AT-TEs this way, especially when they are unguarded. When they are guarded however you may end up with a 0 - 40 statistic.
  • I always win defending on this map. If 1 droid alone dedicates to destroying the AT-TE's it's usually game over for the Clones. You can make them doubly dead if you use Iden to destroy them.
  • I always win defending on this map. If 1 droid alone dedicates to destroying the AT-TE's it's usually game over for the Clones. You can make them doubly dead if you use Iden to destroy them.

    How? I literally have spent entire games non-stop firing the main cannon on the ATT and have only gotten 1-2 kills on the walkers
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    I always win defending on this map. If 1 droid alone dedicates to destroying the AT-TE's it's usually game over for the Clones. You can make them doubly dead if you use Iden to destroy them.

    How? I literally have spent entire games non-stop firing the main cannon on the ATT and have only gotten 1-2 kills on the walkers

    Take a Heavy with a TL-50, The sticky explosive and explosive sentry and go behind the AT-TEs and hit them from there
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • It really feels like this
    k40ts9mgks8d.jpg
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    And Leia from the back can wipe out everyone with secondary fire. They really do need to add a grey zone over that elevated areas near phase 1.

    I also believe the way they grey out the final phase at the end makes it almost impossible for the droids to win. It's 10 meters in front of the final objection! How the hell is that properly balanced?
  • If you can, select Iden Versio at any point after Phase 1, get as far away from the battlefield as you can, whip out her Pulse Cannon, and aim for the AT-TE’s underbelly. Her Pulse Cannon really shreds those things. :)
  • Do you have to hit the underbelly or will you still do some damage if you hit it anyplace? I can never get close enough and I rarely get any damage points when shooting it's underbelly from far. I usually use a specialist with the 242 and ion shot so I can pick my spots better.
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.
  • It's one of the worst 2nd phases in the game. If the Clone team has any sense whatsoever, they're winning. You just grab a walker and fire at whatever is shooting you. AAT's mostly. There's so much space and not enough team. Like someone posted above, unless you make an effort to boringly fire on the walkers continuously and die repeatedly in the process, nothing is going to make you win. You'll need at least 10 heavies with Ion turrets and explosive sentry's.
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    I always win defending on this map. If 1 droid alone dedicates to destroying the AT-TE's it's usually game over for the Clones. You can make them doubly dead if you use Iden to destroy them.

    How? I literally have spent entire games non-stop firing the main cannon on the ATT and have only gotten 1-2 kills on the walkers

    The droid tank' s big turret doesn't work as well as the two side guns. The upgraded damage card helps if you have it, but it still fires rather slow. Without the card, the big cannon is almost worthless.

    The ability to fire both side guns takes off a lot of health. It is best for shooting everything.

    When your main guns over heat switch to the big one as it is better than nothing. Then go back to your dual fire ability when it is available.
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    And Leia from the back can wipe out everyone with secondary fire. They really do need to add a grey zone over that elevated areas near phase 1.

    I also believe the way they grey out the final phase at the end makes it almost impossible for the droids to win. It's 10 meters in front of the final objection! How the hell is that properly balanced?

    I have done that as well. Leia hanging back and taking out heavies and tanks with her secondary fire really gives the clones the upperhand.

    You can see who is targeting the walkers and take them out.

    My highest scoring game ever was from doing that.
  • Don’t care for the map which is why when I’m the separatists I try my damn hardest to stop them before the second phase
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.
  • Too many maps poorly designed for large number of people......that's why GA for most all maps has gone down the drain.

    Geonosis isn't the only map in GA that is suffering from terrible map design and balancing lately.....there are quite a few.
  • Do you have to hit the underbelly or will you still do some damage if you hit it anyplace? I can never get close enough and I rarely get any damage points when shooting it's underbelly from far. I usually use a specialist with the 242 and ion shot so I can pick my spots better.

    Ion is trash vs the AT-TEs don't know why makes no sense but it is.

    All ways hit the underside only way your going to do any real damage and if you want to snipe use Idens pulse canon or assaults EL-16 those are the most effective weapons at range vs the AT-TEs.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Pretty much. Only won once after phase 1 as droids.
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    No, it's their fault for making it so easy for the Republic to win between pushed back spawns, Leia spam, AT-TEs having massive range to atack the phase 2 objectives, poor spawn points that funnel people to those area...PLUS, most of all, ZERO in-game communication amongst teammates.
  • Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    And Leia from the back can wipe out everyone with secondary fire. They really do need to add a grey zone over that elevated areas near phase 1.

    I also believe the way they grey out the final phase at the end makes it almost impossible for the droids to win. It's 10 meters in front of the final objection! How the hell is that properly balanced?

    I have done that as well. Leia hanging back and taking out heavies and tanks with her secondary fire really gives the clones the upperhand.

    You can see who is targeting the walkers and take them out.

    My highest scoring game ever was from doing that.

    I got 98 eliminations just the other day in match that was a rout. She can secondary fire into spawns and can see icons at any distance. It's flat out game-breaking and the definition of OP.
  • There's also the bug that Commando Droids do no damage to the AT-TE unless they target the pilot or small cannons in the front to get gold target hit confirms.
  • They severely nerfed ION weapons vs the walkers. When the map first launched a ion outfitted heavy could and would destroy the walkers in very little time.
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    Why even try? Every time I see I’m the CIS I assume it’s a loss, because once the AT-TE’s are up and running it’s just a slow drawn out defeat from there

    You mean like the way the battle actually played out in the story?
  • They severely nerfed ION weapons vs the walkers. When the map first launched a ion outfitted heavy could and would destroy the walkers in very little time.

    Yup. Ion turret and the FWMB-10K with Ion shot coupled with explosive or mobile sentry, two heavies with that layout could take down a tank in no time. Now it takes about 5 of them to do it in the same time.
  • Alwe15
    2165 posts Member
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉
  • I've posted about this several times over several months, but nothing has been done to balance it...
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    HAHAHAHA......so wrong!

    You do realize that Dice has a lot of decision in the map design themselves because some of these maps have never been shown before on any game, movie, show, or book? There is a ton of developer choice in some of these maps as they are the first ones to ever design them. They are maps that are inspired by the movies, and shows but not always specific maps from the movies. Here are some examples:
    • No one has ever shown this specific Jakku map
    • No one has ever shown any of these specific Geonosis maps for CS or GA
    • The Force Awakens didn't show most of the stuff in the woods outside mazaa's castle that we see in that map.
    • The force awakens didn't show most of the control room inside starkiller base, Phase 3 of GA.
    • Kamino CS/GA is another slightly modified map from anything shown in another game or in the movies
    • No one has ever shown this specific Endor GA map
    • No one has ever shown this specific Felucia map
    • No one has ever shown this specific
    • Phantom Menace showed a lot of other areas of the palace that aren't even used. It also hasn't shown

    In addition the maps that are built off of actual locations scene in movies are still modified in a lot of creative ways by the DICE team. Best example is Naboo palace, Phase 3 GA. there were a ton of other segments to the palace that aren't even shown in this map, so the palace isn't even fully accurate. Again here are some creative leeways you seemed to have missed!

    watch @ 3:11- onward


    Watch this one! (Where is this part of the palace? Different Desk, Different number of windows, some windows have stairs and a lower landing to them!)


    watch @10:13 (Where is this part of the palace?)


    Is this the same room phase 3 is or is it a different room? There are a lot more windows in this room and the desk is on a different window! Where is the hall way the decoy queen comes down? Clones spawns don't have this hallway at all!


    STAYING TRUE TO SOURCE MATERIAL......HUH?

    Also you can still remain faithful to source material but slightly adjusting the scale to factor in the number of people that are going to be playing the map. You could easily scale the palace up more inside to allow for 40 people, but still leave the outside the same size.

    Point is that Dice has a lot of creative leeway with the map design still and they could build these maps better to handle 40 people playing them.

  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working
  • Alwe15
    2165 posts Member
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working

    Yeah, me too...

    Well, no, not really. I've never noticed him post before.

    It's just a shame none of those movie clips are relevant to the subject...Geonosis.

    🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working

    Yeah, me too...

    Well, no, not really. I've never noticed him post before.

    It's just a shame none of those movie clips are relevant to the subject...Geonosis.

    🤷🏼‍♂️

    It's sad you can't extrapolate what I'm saying @Alwe15 and do some analyzing on your own.

    When have you seen most of what is in this Geonosis map in any movie or show? Only thing that matches is rock formations, hardcell ships, AT-TE, and Capital droid control ship. The rest of the map is made up. Who says you can't add another trench on the other side of the map which is wide open. THE MAPS DON'T ADHERE TO LORE. They get 80% close with feel and look, then Dice makes up the rest. Here's your video because you were too lazy to go look up it yourself to see that this map doesn't match a lot of what is seen on the movies.



    When have you seen that specific Endor GA map in any movie or show?....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific platform of kamino in any movie?.....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Jakku map in any movie or show?..... you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Geonosis CS map in any movie or show?.....you haven't



    If your going to try and debunk me you might want to come back with a logical argument that actually debunks me next time, do some research about what I'm talking about, before you make yourself look foolish.

    33dtxsljunfa.gif





  • Alwe15
    2165 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working

    Yeah, me too...

    Well, no, not really. I've never noticed him post before.

    It's just a shame none of those movie clips are relevant to the subject...Geonosis.

    🤷🏼‍♂️

    It's sad you can't extrapolate what I'm saying @Alwe15 and do some analyzing on your own.

    When have you seen most of what is in this Geonosis map in any movie or show? Only thing that matches is rock formations, hardcell ships, AT-TE, and Capital droid control ship. The rest of the map is made up. Who says you can't add another trench on the other side of the map which is wide open. THE MAPS DON'T ADHERE TO LORE. They get 80% close with feel and look, then Dice makes up the rest. Here's your video because you were too lazy to go look up it yourself to see that this map doesn't match a lot of what is seen on the movies.



    When have you seen that specific Endor GA map in any movie or show?....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific platform of kamino in any movie?.....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Jakku map in any movie or show?..... you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Geonosis CS map in any movie or show?.....you haven't



    If your going to try and debunk me you might want to come back with a logical argument that actually debunks me next time, do some research about what I'm talking about, before you make yourself look foolish.

    33dtxsljunfa.gif

    This ^ is definitely a case of DC;DR...
  • I think it is more that people don't attack the walkers effectively or not at all. Often the players with the most Battle points pick heroes that are useless to attack the walkers. Then they focus on their kill streak.

    With boots on the ground the dynamic changes. There are no heroes to pick. Then those players pick tanks instead. When that happens the walkers get melted. The saber villains are almost useless for the objective of taking out the walkers.
  • Not enough players playing the objectives.
    Over half the team needs to be heavy with ion torpedo, ion turrett and ion shot on your guns
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1647 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    It's not imposible but very very difficult.

    @F8RGE give us some vehicles or starfighter for the droids to compensate the heavy AT-TE's power.

    Some ideas: OG-9 & DSD1 spider droids, Geonosian Starfighter, Geonosian warriors.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • I still think the map was at it’s best at launch. I had a match where during phase one there was an AT-TE that wandered to the left terminal (the clones already grabbed the rightmost one) and me and another droid were just shooting at it, and it loaded us with battle points (the other droid dealt the final blow). It felt great! Just like the launch version, but during the other two phases it was just like the new normal of the 20 BP every 2-3 ammo clips. At first I didn’t know why this was, but after reading some posts here it seems like the underbelly weak point might be the answer.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working

    Yeah, me too...

    Well, no, not really. I've never noticed him post before.

    It's just a shame none of those movie clips are relevant to the subject...Geonosis.

    🤷🏼‍♂️

    It's sad you can't extrapolate what I'm saying @Alwe15 and do some analyzing on your own.

    When have you seen most of what is in this Geonosis map in any movie or show? Only thing that matches is rock formations, hardcell ships, AT-TE, and Capital droid control ship. The rest of the map is made up. Who says you can't add another trench on the other side of the map which is wide open. THE MAPS DON'T ADHERE TO LORE. They get 80% close with feel and look, then Dice makes up the rest. Here's your video because you were too lazy to go look up it yourself to see that this map doesn't match a lot of what is seen on the movies.



    When have you seen that specific Endor GA map in any movie or show?....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific platform of kamino in any movie?.....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Jakku map in any movie or show?..... you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Geonosis CS map in any movie or show?.....you haven't



    If your going to try and debunk me you might want to come back with a logical argument that actually debunks me next time, do some research about what I'm talking about, before you make yourself look foolish.

    33dtxsljunfa.gif

    This ^ is definitely a case of DC;DR...

    Still have yet to give a valid point rebutting what I said?

    Oh wait that's because you have none!
  • Alwe15
    2165 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Iden can take out over half the walkers by herself. Sometimes almost all of them. I have done it myself a few times.

    However, even then your odds are 50/50 at best. People just don't shoot the walkers enough.

    If an entire team prioritizes destroying the walkers, they go down fast. I do not see that very often though.

    That's because the maps are becoming more and more unbalanced with each new map added to the game and they are becoming more and more in favor of the republic.

    Geonosis doesn't balance well because most people on both sides don't use half the map. The side without the giant trench is hardly used by either side. The droids really need to be on that side so they can shoot at the AT-TE's easier. Dice really should have added a second trench on that side or added more cover of some kind to allow that part of the map to be used more by the droids.

    Most everyone consolidates on the trench side of the map, until phase 3 when it starts to spawn you more on that side in the back.

    Dice is getting worse at making balanced maps because FELUCIA is horribly in favor of the republic!

    How lmao?

    Have you played Geonosis and actually watched what people are doing other than yourself?
    • Most people on both sides funnel to the trench on one side of the map. Leaving limited number of people on the other side of the map. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With everyone so condensed it makes it easier for the heroes to group kill everyone more often. Also it's easier for the AT-TE to group kill a lot of people too. Less people to shoot the AT-TE.
    • With less cover and access routes on the other side it becomes more of a no man's land. Where hardly anyone wants to travel.
    • AAT tanks don't even last out on the other side that long because they are so exposed.
    • If AAT tanks had the other side to hide in they might last longer on the now open side and a trench could allow them to get closer.
    • Generally people slow down or stop to turn and try to kill the people that are shooting at them from the sides. This will also help to slow republic progress, but currently one side is hardly attacked.
    • We know for sure that the next AT-TE spawns in slightly ahead of where the old one died. With less people on the exposed side.....the AT-TEs on that open side usually pushes ahead the front line faster for the republic, which then shifts the default spawn of the separatists back. It's all cause and effect.
    • Also a lot of guns have damage drop off and are less accurate at distance, so the closer you are to the AT-TE the more damage you do, also the more shots more people hit on the target. If your closer you will also slow the progress of the AT-TE spawn too.
    • I still think that you do even more damage to critical spots up close than you do at distance with a lot of weapons and abilities. If someone wants to show me a video disproving me than that's fine, but right now that's my experience.
    • If people had a route on the other side of the map to sneak around the enemy front lines to get closer to the AT-TE then it would be much more of a fair fight. That and it would force the clones to separate more to guard both sides.

    A simple response. Its not the devs fault that people are to dumb to play the objective.

    Simpler response......it's hard to play the game with terrible map designs. That's 50% of the games problem.

    Simplerer response...it's hard to remain faithful to the source material if the map doesn't accurately reflect it 😉

    Lol remain faithful to the source material.......you miss a lot!

    watch 3:13- onward (where is this part of the castle?)


    Where are all the extra windows for the main room? Where is the stairs in front of the extra windows?


    Where is this hallway that the decoy queen comes down?


    Watch @10:13 -10:33 (Where is this part of the palace?)



    You do realize that even with maps seen from the movies the developers still take a lot of creative leeway right? Also there are a lot of maps that they just created themselves while trying to keep the style the same.

    They can still also remain true to the source material, but modify the scale to factor in the number of people playing!

    True to the source material
    a6rop4i4uquo.gif

    Every time I see you post I honestly cannot wait to see what illustrations you include to amplify the points you make! Not poking fun, like I said yesterday it’s great entertainment while working

    Yeah, me too...

    Well, no, not really. I've never noticed him post before.

    It's just a shame none of those movie clips are relevant to the subject...Geonosis.

    🤷🏼‍♂️

    It's sad you can't extrapolate what I'm saying @Alwe15 and do some analyzing on your own.

    When have you seen most of what is in this Geonosis map in any movie or show? Only thing that matches is rock formations, hardcell ships, AT-TE, and Capital droid control ship. The rest of the map is made up. Who says you can't add another trench on the other side of the map which is wide open. THE MAPS DON'T ADHERE TO LORE. They get 80% close with feel and look, then Dice makes up the rest. Here's your video because you were too lazy to go look up it yourself to see that this map doesn't match a lot of what is seen on the movies.



    When have you seen that specific Endor GA map in any movie or show?....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific platform of kamino in any movie?.....you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Jakku map in any movie or show?..... you haven't
    When have you seen that specific Geonosis CS map in any movie or show?.....you haven't



    If your going to try and debunk me you might want to come back with a logical argument that actually debunks me next time, do some research about what I'm talking about, before you make yourself look foolish.

    33dtxsljunfa.gif

    This ^ is definitely a case of DC;DR...

    Still have yet to give a valid point rebutting what I said?

    Oh wait that's because you have none!

    Just in case you didn't understand...DR stands for didn't read.

    It's unlikely I would respond when I couldn't even be bothered to read what you wrote. Sorry you wasted your time.
  • Afrom3istwr
    964 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I think it is more that people don't attack the walkers effectively or not at all. Often the players with the most Battle points pick heroes that are useless to attack the walkers. Then they focus on their kill streak.

    With boots on the ground the dynamic changes. There are no heroes to pick. Then those players pick tanks instead. When that happens the walkers get melted. The saber villains are almost useless for the objective of taking out the walkers.

    I wouldn't know. I skip any trash weekend that takes away the normal GA and CS modes.

    I assume there are plenty of others who do as well.

    But let me produce a counter for you. Both sides aren't getting heroes, so it means the droids aren't get wiped out by Leia's secondary fire or from anakins/lukes roaming around.It's a little easier because the survivability is higher.

    With that said, even if you do pick a hero that is effective at taking down those walkers, it's impact is marginal because you have to worry about secondary fire, tanks and other heroes/enemies gunning for you.

    The fact is, the second phase is broke because the AT-TEs can hit the objectives from a pretty far away and the objectives go down after two hits. I can't tell you how many times a team just scraped by the first objective, but was able to get extra walkers because of how quick and easy it is to take out that second objective.

    As I've repeated several times. The third phase also forces the droids to retreat too far because they grey out everything just in front of the defending spawn.
  • Alwe15
    2165 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah because you realized you can't refute my point!

    Urm...I didn't read it. Your point I mean. Well, your entire post which I assume attempted to include a point of some sort.

    You already hit me with two huge comments and I put the effort in to reading those and watching the clips despite the fact it was nothing to do with the topic of this thread or my point about Geonosis.

    I wasn't going to read a third.
Sign In or Register to comment.