criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why was Vader buffed before Leia?

Genuine question.

Vader has always been a good hero. He’s had ups and down, but has never been a weak hero. Leia, on the other hand, has been garbage for two years.

Currently, Vader is high tier in both game modes (GA/HvV). Leia is trash in both game modes; outside of Alt Fire spam on Crait/Geo/Hoth.

So, we have a hero that’s been good since release and one that’s been bad since release. Can someone, anyone explain to me why Vader is seeing two buffs, while Leia is seeing none? I understand one of Vader’s is partially reverting a previous nerf, but the question stands.

At least give her something. Updated descriptions (lol) aren’t going to help.
Confidence born of ignorance

Replies

• Massive community backlash. They didn't want to lose the last sprinkle of players they have left.

The amount of suggestions for buffs/reworks for Leia are a drop in the bucket in comparison. Reddit has to get involved. These forums mean nothing to the devs. You can tell by how they respond to people on here.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Yeah they need stop focus on more blaster hero improvements for sure. Most blaster heroes still feel super weak especially with all the new reinforcements in the game.

Chewy and his blast are so weak now. CHEWY HAS A TON OF PROBLEMS! CHEWY IS SUPER POPULAR AND STILL HASN'T GOTTEN PROPERLY FIXED!
  • Simple really. Vader is the most popular villain in all of star wars arguably the most popular character period & when the playerbase want him buffed he will get buffed.
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Massive community backlash. They didn't want to lose the last sprinkle of players they have left.

The amount of suggestions for buffs/reworks for Leia are a drop in the bucket in comparison. Reddit has to get involved. These forums mean nothing to the devs. You can tell by how they respond to people on here.

Sigh. Fair enough.

We can’t have a popular hero be weak anything but top tier. Ani’s release is a good example of that.
  • Simple really. Vader is the most popular villain in all of star wars arguably the most popular character period & when the playerbase want him buffed he will get buffed.

This I think☝️. More people love Vader than Leia. Give Leia Orbital Strike!
  • You either want game balance or you want fan service. The fan service tends to win these.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Yea these forums are just a formality for them, not a real source of inspiration.
  • Because it’s easier to revert a nerf to Vader than it is to re-work 2/3 of Leia’s abilities...is the short answer
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • BucksawBoushh
    6250 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    This is truly mind boggling. I’ve started maining Vader as my DS hero, so I don’t mind the revert, but it wasn’t necessary.

Leia needs a thermal detonator in place of her flash and then some health/ability regen properties to her shield. After that I think she’ll be clutch. Her defender pistol is close to the best in game and her E11 close range can 1v1 most villains with a properly timed roll or two.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    You either want game balance or you want fan service. The fan service tends to win these.

I believe you’re right, unfortunately.
    Yea these forums are just a formality for them, not a real source of inspiration.

Sorry, I can’t hear you over all the requests for the 184927th clone devision.
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Because it’s easier to revert a nerf to Vader than it is to re-work 2/3 of Leia’s abilities...is the short answer

Which is fair, but come on. They didn’t even do anything. Reduce the bloom on her primary and E-11, buff her cards, buff Flash some, lower the cast time of shield, etc.

These are all changes that have been done before and would at least help. I can’t imagine it being too difficult.

Sure, it would take time to rebuild her (two years, btw), but I don’t see why she can’t get at least something.
    This is truly mind boggling. I’ve started maining Vader as my DS hero, so I don’t mind the revert, but it wasn’t necessary.

Leia needs a thermal detonator in place of her flash and then some health/ability regen properties to her shield. After that I think she’ll be clutch. Her defender pistol is close to the best in game and her E11 close range can 1v1 most villains with a properly times roll or two.

Wasn’t needed, at all, but he needs help more than Leia, right?
  • because both the community and devs suck at playing their own game
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Leia could probably use a buff but I'm very happy with how they chose to buff Vader. 90 DR was too high and no DR was a problem. 25% is perfect.
  • because both the community and devs suck at playing their own game

LMAO. Accurate.
    moistboii wrote: »
    Leia could probably use a buff but I'm very happy with how they chose to buff Vader. 90 DR was too high and no DR was a problem. 25% is perfect.

You’re bias. Of course you’re happy.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Leia could probably use a buff but I'm very happy with how they chose to buff Vader. 90 DR was too high and no DR was a problem. 25% is perfect.
    At least lock it behind a card like Leia has to, even then a 25% reduction goes a lot farther with 300 more base health and another 200 extra on top of that.

At least lock it behind a card like Leia has to, even then a 25% reduction goes a lot farther with 300 more base health and another 200 extra on top of that.

I don't wanna see another buff Vader thread again after this buff.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

You will.

Along with “Palp needs a block”

Using the words “buff” and “Vader” in the same sentence should result in a perma ban from the forums

You will.

Are you implying that Palp doesn’t need a block??!!?? That’s it, we’re breaking up
  • moistboii
    1766 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    because both the community and devs suck at playing their own game

LMAO. Accurate.

You’re bias. Of course you’re happy.
    It still makes sense to give him a bit of DR to compensate for how vulnerable he is during the force choke. 25% is not overkill, I think it's the perfect amount

• SadderJoker
    2489 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If Rage and FR didn’t exist, I might agree with you.

You will.

Hey I made a palp needs a block thread hahaha. That was a long time ago though before I really learned to use him to his full potential of UNLIMITED POWAH

You will.

Hey I made a palp needs a block thread hahaha. That was a long time ago though before I really learned to use him to his full potential of UNLIMITED POWAH

How could you say such a thing
  • If Rage and FR didn’t exist, I might agree with you.

Well think about how OP it was when he had the 90% DR. Now the max amount of DR he can get is 50% and that's only if you time his choke with the focused rage. Really not that bad. Then without focused rage active we will now get 25%. Perfect.

You will.

I think I played a match where I was rag-dolled like a volleyball for the entire time which prompted me to make the thread 😂 for what it's worth I no longer feel he needs a block. I only wanted him to be able to block a small amount of blaster fire or force abilities but then he would literally have no weaknesses so he's fine as is... other than the bugs.

Well think about how OP it was when he had the 90% DR. Now the max amount of DR he can get is 50% and that's only if you time his choke with the focused rage. Really not that bad. Then without focused rage active we will now get 25%. Perfect.

I'm fine with 25%. I can still punish him by hitting him in the back while he chokes.

I'm fine with 25%. I can still punish him by hitting him in the back while he chokes.

And he will still get significant damage if you active his choke irresponsibly (like when 5 heavies blast you in the back with their sentries). Perfect fix.
  • But back on topic it's sad that they haven't buffed Leia in 2 years. And her guns definitely are not the issue. She just needs better abilities. Period. it makes no sense that she can flash me and I can still advance on her because of her health bar. Squad shield, pssshhhhhhhh. Does nothing against over half of the dark side. Even in the blasters only event it just got in the way half the time.#replacesquadshieldwithorbitalstrike

You will.

I think I played a match where I was rag-dolled like a volleyball for the entire time which prompted me to make the thread 😂 for what it's worth I no longer feel he needs a block. I only wanted him to be able to block a small amount of blaster fire or force abilities but then he would literally have no weaknesses so he's fine as is... other than the bugs.

Amazing story.

More people need to follow this example. Once a man asking for changes. Now a man that just went and improved his play.
  • Meerkat wrote: »

You will.

Amazing story.

More people need to follow this example. Once a man asking for changes. Now a man that just went and improved his play.

I mean I still think LS blaster heroes need a buff in general. They really are free points.
  • polarition
    2403 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Give him more buffs.
    f91vszef4hp1.gif
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • I think it comes down to what others are saying, reworking the kit for leia would be too much work. They probably don’t see any quick and easy changes that would make her viable
  • Raices
    1575 posts Member
    He still needs to deal 150dmg with focused rage on, I still have Palps, Kylo, Bossk, Maul and maybe MAYBE Grievous before him in GA.

Using the words “buff” and “Vader” in the same sentence should result in a perma ban from the forums

☝🏼

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• MC_XIX
    2432 posts Member
    I would love it if squad shield was replaced by a thermal detonator which has a fast cool down. Flash grenade also needs a few buffs. Make it deal around 50 - 75 damage and split into fragments like the officer's. It should also restrict movement speed. She would be quite a bit more useful with these buffs.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    I would love it if squad shield was replaced by a thermal detonator which has a fast cool down. Flash grenade also needs a few buffs. Make it deal around 50 - 75 damage and split into fragments like the officer's. It should also restrict movement speed. She would be quite a bit more useful with these buffs.

I wrote a whole post about Leia, and my train of thought was similar.

Maybe next year.
  • Genuine question.

Vader has always been a good hero. He’s had ups and down, but has never been a weak hero. Leia, on the other hand, has been garbage for two years.

Currently, Vader is high tier in both game modes (GA/HvV). Leia is trash in both game modes; outside of Alt Fire spam on Crait/Geo/Hoth.

So, we have a hero that’s been good since release and one that’s been bad since release. Can someone, anyone explain to me why Vader is seeing two buffs, while Leia is seeing none? I understand one of Vader’s is partially reverting a previous nerf, but the question stands.

At least give her something. Updated descriptions (lol) aren’t going to help.
    Because DICE... Truthfully I doubt we will see any additional info on her or other underperforming heroes this Wednesday. I about lost it when I was reading the comments on the CT this morning and a guy was basically crying because Anakin didn't get any buffs...

Maybe in 2020 lol!
  • Because canonically saber heroes need to be more powerful than blaster heroes.
    /s
  • Because canonically saber heroes need to be more powerful than blaster heroes.
    /s

There are like 2 bad blaster heroes. Can we stop spreading this myth?
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Because canonically saber heroes need to be more powerful than blaster heroes.
    /s

There are like 2 bad blaster heroes. Can we stop spreading this myth?

There are more bad blaster hero abilities than there are bad saber hero abilities by quite a large margin and saber heroes have better cc while being much more mobile (Boba excluded of course) with only slightly less single target damage while not really having to aim.
    /s

It's a multiplayer game tho. There must be balance.