criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Did Leia Just Get a Buff?

Leia's Flash Grenade ability description has been updated for accuracy. "Leia Organa throws a flash grenade which detonates on impact, blinding and confusing enemies in the blast area. Blinded villains using lightsabers cannot follow their target while performing their lightsaber attacks."

This was the description for Leia’s changes in the new patch notes, and the same thing was said for Boba. Could someone confirm if this is a buff or has the description just been changed?

Replies

• Description has just been changed!

It's done that for a while now. Issue is that you can still see people's tags though when you are blinded by her flash grenade......as far as I can remember.
  • It looks like Concussion Missile, Smoke Grenade, and Leia's Flash Grenade will have that new text on December 5th. It'll be interesting to see if the abilities temporarily reduce or disable lightsaber lock-on. That'll definitely give those 3 abilities some kind of tangible benefit.
  • They need to have it disable the saber auto aim for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it might be more useful.
  • They need to have it disable the saber auto aim for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it might be more useful.

It disables saber tracking.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

For what 3 seconds? Make it longer and a bigger radius.

Have it last 10 seconds and double the radius.

10 secs of blind is kinda overkill, 5 seconds would be fine.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• willywonka7
    2355 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Again ability already disabled saber tracking MONTHS AGO! This is just a description update only.

Yeah it probably needs to be buffed to deactivate it longer, but it doesn't even matter anymore because saber tracking is so broken that your characters have to be at point blank range for saber tracking to even work. That and the changes they made to dodge have nullified saber tracking altogether. Have any of you even tried to saber track with yoda and hit vader lately. Vader is practically untouchable by yoda when doing basic attacks. That's how broken saber tracking even is anymore.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • anidriX
    1735 posts Member
    They need to have it disable the saber auto aim for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it might be more useful.

I want more than that for her flashbang.

1. 4-5 secs of complete blindness within AoE.
    2. Reduced mobility for targets within AoE to old Finn’s Big Deal level.
    3. 100 dmg upon explosion, buffable to 150 with a (new) card.
    4. Give the ability the Blinding Reveal starcard effect by default and replace that with the card I mentioned to buff the ability to 150 damage.

There. The ability completely revamped and made very useful for both modes.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    They need to have it disable the saber auto aim for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it might be more useful.

4. Give the ability the Blinding Reveal starcard effect by default and replace that with the card I mentioned to buff the ability to 150 damage.

Just give her pre-nerf Officer Flash. Pretty well exactly what you described.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • anidriX
    1735 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Just give her pre-nerf Officer Flash. Pretty well exactly what you described.

Yeah, but much more powerful damagewise and I’d say the flashing power should be stronger as well.
  • Disabling saber tracking means 💩 in this game. It only lowers the occasional 10 meter hit down to 5 meters as some of the closing strikes are toned down. But as long as the stupid auto move forward while spamming r2 is a thing eliminating closing strikes is pointless when a spammer can practically outspeed a blaster retreating backwards.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Disabling saber tracking means 💩 in this game. It only lowers the occasional 10 meter hit down to 5 meters as some of the closing strikes are toned down. But as long as the stupid auto move forward while spamming r2 is a thing eliminating closing strikes is pointless when a spammer can practically outspeed a blaster retreating backwards.

This. That tracking disable is hardly noticeable.. They always still manage to home in on you.
  • Lando' s smoke doesn't really save him and it is supposed to have the same effect.

They still need to reduce saber tracking drastically on console.
  • Description has just been changed!

It's done that for a while now. Issue is that you can still see people's tags though when you are blinded by her flash grenade......as far as I can remember.

I could’ve sworn I read that you can’t see names through smoke anymore, but I can’t remember.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Leia was always OP and we did not know. Thanks @F8RGE for letting us know. Now nerf the OP princess, she is unstoppable with that grenade and is melting Vader.
  • Why is there saber tracking in the first place!?!?