criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Bug HvV "BLOCK-ATTACK"

willywonka7
2355 posts Member
edited December 2019
I'm sure some of the more experienced players are aware of this but to otherS it might not be as obvious or you might be unaware this is happening lately.

With all the changes that have been made lately to the heroes, lightsaber combat, stamina, and swing speeds it seems that Dice has create an unintentional bug during lightsaber combat that I am going to refer to as "BLOCK-ATTACK" bug.

What happens with "block-attack bug" is that if you are blocking you can simultaneously block & attack if you are quick enough on the controls and you can block the attack, but then the system quickly attacks the enemy. BUT DURING THIS ATTACK PORTION OF THE "BLOCK-ATTACK" THE FULL ANIMATION ISN'T DONE AND ONLY THE DAMAGE IS DONE TO THE ENEMY! You can do a ton of super fast attacks WITHOUT the attack animation fully running it's course, all it shows to both people is that the person doing the bug has slightly dropped their block stance. If you know what your doing and can time the "BLOCK-ATTACK" bug properly you can do a ton of attacks while it looks like your just blocking. You also receive only a portion or non of the damage that the enemy is trying to dish-out. Doesn't work for person initiating the attack as easily because it seems to take longer for the game to recognize the block animation and you have to go through the block animation before it fully registers that the block is being done.......not the same with the attack especially now that so many attacks are so quick.

Also seems to be an issue with the game taking longer for the characters to get into block stance to be considered a block in comparison to how short the animation takes for attacks.

DICE PLEASE CORRECT THIS AND ALSO FIX ALL THE OTHER ISSUES YOU HAVE CREATED WITH LIGHTSABER AND BLOCKING COMBAT.

Replies

• Yup hahahaha. @SadderJoker
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Been around for quite awhile now, but more people are starting to pick up on it. A lot of people do it accidentally without even realizing.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Only about a month or so....not that long....but if it is intended then it should have a different parry animation that has to be done by the character.

It's shouldn't just show the person in block stance the entire time.
  • Yeah, I've been noticing it a lot. But, I've also been figuring out how to parry their parry, so. It works to my advantage if someone's foolish enough to try it on me. It's all about timing.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Psy3d
    1154 posts Member
    Reason I love the old parry stagger...where Dooku with his OG speed was an absolute beast. Thanks to this new semi parry...Dooku can punish them spammers and is of some use in HvV and HS.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Reason I love the old parry stagger...where Dooku with his OG speed was an absolute beast. Thanks to this new semi parry...Dooku can punish them spammers and is of some use in HvV and HS.

Dooku is a solid b tier right now in hvv. I only say that because of his unreliable block and limited range. His damage output is absolutely stupid lol. If they fixed his block he would be a tier for sure.
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Been around for quite awhile now, but more people are starting to pick up on it. A lot of people do it accidentally without even realizing.

Any advice on how to make this work consistently?
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Just practice, tbh. It works consistently, but it’s dependent on your timing.

Luke and Vader are probably the easiest to do it with.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • I think this is a feature, not a bug.
  • HvV is trash anyways with all of the stuns
  • HvV is trash anyways with all of the stuns

Avoid the stuns then.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Maybe don't spam attacks and the "bug" won't matter?
    I say this tongue in cheek, I'm the worst spammer 🙃
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Ha got luke with Kylo using this. Very cool bug/feature. Hope it stays
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

It's easy to do with anyone but Yoda really. But tbh I really don't play Yoda much.
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

It's easy to do with anyone but Yoda really. But tbh I really don't play Yoda much.

Damn. Yodas my main. I can see why it would be tough. His block against Lightsabers is glitchy as is.
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Damn. Yodas my main. I can see why it would be tough. His block against Lightsabers is glitchy as is.

My mains are Palps/Kylo and Luke/Anakin/Chewy. But lately I've been using blaster heroes more because they're fun and the lobbies have been so trash.
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

My mains are Palps/Kylo and Luke/Anakin/Chewy. But lately I've been using blaster heroes more because they're fun and the lobbies have been so trash.
    Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Same. Just been leveling up Phasma and Finn. Its so easy
  • You know what would be a fun bug. Clones talking in Geonosian. No pun intended
  • Ah, yes. The “parry”.

Yoda is the worst in HvV now because of all these delays and bugs and things. His basic attack is so slow most people can still out dodge away from him even though he already started his attack and it looks like he hit them. The person then dodges half way through his basic attack and it misses completely.

Also "Block-Attack" bug is drastically harder to execute on him than any other character. You might be able to get it once or so, but not like the rest of the characters.
  • @F8RGE

Please address whether this is intended or whether this is a bug due to animation speeds, "netcode", etc.
  • I say keep it lol. It's a spam deterrent😂jk it's pretty cheese