criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Quitting Penalty

Ok there’s a real issue and it’s that people just can’t stay in a game of HvV or anything I assume for more than 1 minute and they quit out.

I think in the last 2 days, I have had ZERO games where NOBODY quits out.

I think there should be a penalty for quitting, if you can’t sit and play one game, and you have to quit out then there should be at least a TEN minute window that you cannot search for games online.

This would prevent people quitting FOR NO GOOD REASON EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Some people only like to win and unfortunately losing is part of the game too.

Also can I see some more stats and results at the end of the game. I wouldn’t mind seeing everyone’s real kill death ratio instead of assists.

Replies

• polarition wrote: »
    I quit if I get put in a match where it's 13-32. I'd rather be in a match from the start where I can actually make a difference. I also quit matches if there's only like 1 other person on the team. I shouldn't be penalized for it.

Yeah that too. If it's more than a 5 point difference when I enter the game, I'm out.
  • I quit HvV matches all the time. If they had a penalty I’d just log off instead of waiting to queue again. As long as they allow parties against randoms, I don’t support a penalty.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4750 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Never gonna happen. The only way that a penalty would work is for them to make a ranked mode with MM based on your ranked level. As it’s been said repeatedly, this is a casual game, so a ranked system isn’t happening either.
  • If I get into a map that I want through searching, I aint quitting regardless of the score. Turned more than one game around that was losing to a win.

giphy.gif

• Better Idea: Reward people for finishing a match. Give them...I don't know an achievement or something.
    If they finish an HVV match where they lose by a huge amount 50 times then they get the "never give up" badge.

• MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Better Idea: Reward people for finishing a match. Give them...I don't know an achievement or something.
    If they finish an HVV match where they lose by a huge amount 50 times then they get the "never give up" badge.

Now thats a great idea.
  • bfloo
    16790 posts Member
    They would need to balance lobbies 1st.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

•  I believe that the main issue here isn't how to punish those who leave (because let's face it there are plenty of valid reasons to do so), it's how to help those who stay.

Maybe give the team missing players an incremental damage/defense buff dependant on how many people they are down. Something like 10%/15%/20%.
  • It's because matchmaking is broken dude. I am not staying in a match that is totally one sided, I only have an hour or two a night to play. I am not wasting my time
  • anidriX
    1635 posts Member
    I want it to be even more severe. Have a penalty system based on the amount of quits in the last 24 hours.

1 quit = 30’ cooldown on all multiplayer modes (or at least HvV)
    2 quits = Same penalty.
    3 quits = 90’ cooldown
    4 quits = 90’ cooldown
    5+ quits = 180’ cooldown

It’s the only way people will learn not to quit. I never quit, NEVER. Yes, the balance is atrocious but this game is not competitive, there’s no downside of losing, no deranking, doesn’t affect stats since don’t have them available. It only helps in putting those who stay through a worse experience. If it’s a stomp, it won’t last much time anyways.

As long as we don’t have a ranking system, it will continue to be unbalanced. It’s not a problem of randoms vs party, it’s a matter of skill. Other competitive games such as CSGO allow randoms vs party matches and it works because there’s a rank involved. Everyone is supposed to be around the same skill level.

And we will never have such a system because it’s very likely the game doesn’t have a healthy playerbase. And with healthy playerbase, I mean across all 3 platforms and across all regions.

I hope they at the very least add voice communication for HvV and HS so it eases the situation a bit.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    I want it to be even more severe. Have a penalty system based on the amount of quits in the last 24 hours.

2 quits = Same penalty.
    3 quits = 90’ cooldown
    4 quits = 90’ cooldown
    5+ quits = 180’ cooldown

It’s the only way people will learn not to quit. I never quit, NEVER. Yes, the balance is atrocious but this game is not competitive, there’s no downside of losing, no deranking, doesn’t affect stats since don’t have them available. It only helps in putting those who stay through a worse experience. If it’s a stomp, it won’t last much time anyways.

As long as we don’t have a ranking system, it will continue to be unbalanced. It’s not a problem of randoms vs party, it’s a matter of skill. Other competitive games such as CSGO allow randoms vs party matches and it works because there’s a rank involved. Everyone is supposed to be around the same skill level.

And we will never have such a system because it’s very likely the game doesn’t have a healthy playerbase. And with healthy playerbase, I mean across all 3 platforms and across all regions.

I hope they at the very least add voice communication for HvV and HS so it eases the situation a bit.

So when the game crashes and kicks you out to main menu you should be punished? I believe the answer is to reward the players who are still playing. All of the quitters battlepoints are distributed to the remaing players on the team.
  • anidriX
    1635 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

2 quits = Same penalty.
    3 quits = 90’ cooldown
    4 quits = 90’ cooldown
    5+ quits = 180’ cooldown

So when the game crashes and kicks you out to main menu you should be punished? I believe the answer is to reward the players who are still playing. All of the quitters battlepoints are distributed to the remaing players on the team.

Nope, that should work the same as it does on CSGO. If you quit, you have a 2-3 minute window to reconnect to the match, otherwise cooldown.

If life happens to call while you are mid-match then by all means, quit and take the 30’ cooldown. It’s not a big deal not to be able to play for such a short period of time.
  • DICE really needs to outsource professional programmers to write the right code for a proper matchmaking in SWBF2.
  • Dang this thread blew up!

Any of these suggestions would help.

Do ranked matches that give experience for levels and casual matches that don’t give anything at all.

That’s what I think.
  • I'm about to quit battlefront 2 if they add BB8
  • moistboii wrote: »
    I'm about to quit battlefront 2 if they add BB8

idu6t563j80b.gif
    Tell me what you want, and I will show you how the dark side can help you achieve it.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg