criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Kenobi push 80% dmg reduction and Vader choke only 25%? Totally NO SENSE.

Prev1
DarthCapa2
3047 posts Member
edited December 2019
Ok @F8RGE devs add 25% damage reduction to Vader choke and 25 is better than 0, but it is still too low for the nature of the ability. Force choke make Vader a sit duck. The same is true for Kenobi push, indeed he have 80% damage reduction for a reason.
Vader need 80% too or anyway not less than 50/60%... 25 is too low.

Replies

• Vader can slightly walk, Obi wan stands still
  • And 100 is better than 80.
    And “every time” is better than “during force choke”.

I have spoken.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • boo hoo
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Makes sense really
  • bfloo
    16570 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    And 100 is better than 80.

I have spoken.

This is the way.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

I have spoken.

This is the way.

DarthCapa2, bring me the Egg and maybe we can talk.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

I have spoken.

This is the way.

I’m a trooper player, weapons are part of my religion.
  • As if +200 health on command and +25% reduction during FR rage wasn’t enough on top of 25% extra during choke, Jesus Christ you are pathetic

The 25% DR change that is about to be made is perfect.
  • As if +200 health on command and +25% reduction during FR rage wasn’t enough on top of 25% extra during choke, Jesus Christ you are pathetic

Why you so mad 😂
  • can we please stop messing with Vader all ready and move on like honestly.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Obi does not need a nerf. Vader is good.

Please leave.

He has spoken.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    16570 posts Member
    Meerkat wrote: »

Please leave.

kt4vwju6if3x.png

h846398gb27k.png

Why you so mad 😂
    Cause he’s been whining for the same damn thing for two years, maybe if you have so many problems with a character either move on or get better. The real problem is that devs listen to people like this who can’t bother to solve problems on their own.

For 2 years you been on the forums that long🤔

Why you so mad 😂
    Cause he’s been whining for the same damn thing for two years, maybe if you have so many problems with a character either move on or get better. The real problem is that devs listen to people like this who can’t bother to solve problems on their own.

Imagine the pain.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    16570 posts Member
    As if +200 health on command and +25% reduction during FR rage wasn’t enough on top of 25% extra during choke, Jesus Christ you are pathetic

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

It is going on 5 for some of us

aboc7r0wzeji.png

h846398gb27k.png

As if +200 health on command and +25% reduction during FR rage wasn’t enough on top of 25% extra during choke, Jesus Christ you are pathetic

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

aboc7r0wzeji.png

Really? Wow

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

aboc7r0wzeji.png

#togetherbrothers
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    16570 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

aboc7r0wzeji.png

Really? Wow

These forums were a lot more fun during the 15 game, at least until the purge where we lost some great members.

h846398gb27k.png

• I've barely been here for a few months but I'm one of the loudest people here

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

aboc7r0wzeji.png

Really? Wow

These forums were a lot more fun during the 15 game, at least until the purge where we lost some great members.

And the dislike and disagree buttons. Now we don’t even have the ‘lol’.
  • bfloo
    16570 posts Member

Why you so mad 😂

Imagine the pain.

aboc7r0wzeji.png

Really? Wow

And the dislike and disagree buttons. Now we don’t even have the ‘lol’.

The Dislike warz were a forum highlight.

Alex won :)

h846398gb27k.png

Why you so mad 😂

It’s called browsing as a guest

Why you so mad 😂

It’s called you and your posts are a joke

Why you so mad 😂

😂
  • At least it's something. Vader should be able to block while choking but damage reduction is decent if they can't implement that. 25% is on the low side when thinking about how Obi gets 80% but his push has a narrow aoe, Vader's choke is wider and had decent cards attached to it.
  • It'll become 50% if you equip Furious Resilience.
  • Here we go...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Whodunnit wrote: »

I have spoken.

This is the way.

DarthCapa2, bring me the Egg and maybe we can talk.

Better be from Eggland, they have the best eggs in the galaxy.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• One is an instant CC and damage ability, and the other requires a 2-second charge to have any effect.

/thread
  • Maybe because Vader's choke is far more devastating than Obi's push? ;v
  • Personally I think neither should have it. Quit depending on crutches bro.

So you are saying that for make an ability useful i need tu use another ability? No sense. Really
  • Meerkat wrote: »

Please leave.

No one ask a nerf Kenobi. Vader is good but his choke is isn't in big modes.

Please learn to read.
  • Bruh it's fine
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Please leave.

Please learn to read.

Ok, im asking, Kenobi's All out push doesnt need DMG reduction. So Vader having 25% is fine considering what the ability does.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Please leave.

Please learn to read.

Ok, im asking, Kenobi's All out push doesnt need DMG reduction. So Vader having 25% is fine considering what the ability does.

Kenobi all out push need the damage reduction instead. Is a sit duck while he charge the ability and the reason they add it is because players were melted using a main ability, even when they use it wisely
  • All out push and HM are the only moves that need DR. Sadly, they will probably add it to everything along with the "can't miss" mechanic.
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Please leave.

Please learn to read.

Kenobi all out push need the damage reduction instead. Is a sit duck while he charge the ability and the reason they add it is because players were melted using a main ability, even when they use it wisely

He can literally charge it in less than a second. Not to mention he has Quickened focus card and additional hp regen card. He is well equiped for that and he doesnt need additional Dmg ressistance on his All out push.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• DiamondxStyles
    1968 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Tbh Quickened Focus should've been a default cast time in this game. Kinda stupid how long the animation leaves Kenobi vulnerable without QF on AoP. Never made much sense, and was the reason all these Damage Reductions and CC Immunities needed to be added on to compensate for this ugly cast time on a regular pushback effect

Quickened Focus default cast time (no card needed) And never add CC immunity or Damage Reductions in the first place

That's how I would have done it if I were a dev

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

F8RGE wrote: »

Disagree, sorry.

@F8RGE Sorry, maybe if you bring some arguments on why you disagree we can understand better this choice? Really, why for you is ok have 80% damage reduction on Obi-Wan and only 25% on Vader? It is essentially the same type of ability, Kenobi is immobile when he use the ability, so he need a high damage reduction and it is right, so why for Vader should be different?
    If 80% is too much for you, at least 50% is really needed. Force choke in Galactic Assault is not good at all.

Its fine. You just suck lmao. Sorry :smile:
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Why you so mad 😂

love you too 😘

So you are saying that for make an ability useful i need tu use another ability? No sense. Really
    Use it differently. Don’t expect yourself to be able to tank a deathstar blast while you’re choking and you’ll be fine.

• awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

Disagree, sorry.

@F8RGE Sorry, maybe if you bring some arguments on why you disagree we can understand better this choice? Really, why for you is ok have 80% damage reduction on Obi-Wan and only 25% on Vader? It is essentially the same type of ability, Kenobi is immobile when he use the ability, so he need a high damage reduction and it is right, so why for Vader should be different?
    If 80% is too much for you, at least 50% is really needed. Force choke in Galactic Assault is not good at all.

I would guess the reason is because Vader is a powerhouse already. If you compare Vader to Kenobi, Vader is the more powerful hero - so it's more about overall balance than the "fairness" of one ability's damage reduction vs another's. Especially now with his saber throw hitting from the back against blocking heroes and his focused rage lasting for 6 more seconds with the star card. Further, now that Vader can only botch a choke if it is dodged, he is even more competent. You just have to be strategic about when to use the choke. But And if you think about, it Focused Rage and Furious resilience adds 25% damage reduction and 200 health (which is a 25-35% increase depending on if you use the card to increase your base health). This is getting you to 75-85% damage reduction if used together. Vader is not lacking in terms of viability right now.

This, I’m surprised it even needed to be typed out. It is pretty obvious why Vader doesn’t need more DR during choke.

On another note, I didn’t know Obi had 80% DR reduction during push and that is great to know... is there any plans to write out all these specific ability bonuses that you would never know about unless if you caught them in patch notes? I have barely played over the last year so I am sure there is tons more I am unaware of. @F8RGE