criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

How Much Will BF2 Celebration Edition Cost Do We Think?

Prev1
vlb2rc50j1bw.jpeg

Including all customisation options, how much do you think they will charge for it?

Replies

• Honestly - who cares? We have the game already ... I am more interested in actually seeing what is to come with the second december update and 2020 and WHEN and WHERE and HOW we will get the new frontend system.
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • What even is the celebration edition?
  • TheScape
    2324 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Checking one of the sites that "leaked" it, it looks like it will be an add-on (like the Deluxe Upgrade when there were still two versions of the game). They might also sell them on a bundle (game + DLC), though.

How much will it cost? I think they will try to replicate "battle passes" from other live services, so similar price?
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Checking one of the sites that "leaked" it, it looks like it will be an add-on (like the Deluxe Upgrade when there were still two versions of the game). The might also see them on a bundle (game + DLC), though.

How much will it cost? I think they will try to replicate "battle passes" from other live services, so similar price?

I more or less interpret it as a re-release, not a battlepass - therefore I would think of 50$ or more insead of 20$
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
    Checking one of the sites that "leaked" it, it looks like it will be an add-on (like the Deluxe Upgrade when there were still two versions of the game). The might also see them on a bundle (game + DLC), though.

I more or less interpret it as a re-release, not a battlepass - therefore I would think of 50$ or more insead of 20$

https://www.trueachievements.com/products/41669/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II-Celebration-Edition-Upgrade

That is what I am refering to ;)
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Dataminers right again with the ot skins
    TheScape wrote: »

https://www.trueachievements.com/products/41669/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II-Celebration-Edition-Upgrade

That is what I am refering to ;)

Helloooooooooo beautiful :D Had not seen that yet, thanks for pointing me to the right direction :)

Then, well, ok, maybe 20$ but I think they will try to start higher and then lower it after a while to 20

• Having bought 4 copies of this game, I feel like Dice/EA has enough of my money.
  • Who cares
  • Of the six legendary hero appearances four of them are the solo skins for Han and lando that I don't even want lol. I already have shattered Grievous and Boushh Leia
  • Knowing who the publisher is, I’d say $60, $50 if they’re generous
  • Of the six legendary hero appearances four of them are the solo skins for Han and lando that I don't even want lol. I already have shattered Grievous and Boushh Leia

We only have six? I could’ve sworn there were more than that. Wow. We definitely need more skins.
    Christmas Special Boba Fett Dice plz
  • Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    What's the point of the celebration edition most people have the skins already or voice lines. And considering how cheap the game sells for most people who would buy it have it so who is going to buy this edition
  • As for the price, I’m guessing anywhere between $50 and $100.
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    What's the point of the celebration edition most people have the skins already or voice lines. And considering how cheap the game sells for most people who would buy it have it so who is going to buy this edition

Seems like a desperate attempt at a cash grab. They should have just given is season passes from jump.

Seems like a desperate attempt at a cash grab. They should have just given is season passes from jump.

Or they could give us great skins and charge us only crystals for them but they have never done that
    Batman20 wrote: »

Or they could give us great skins and charge us only crystals for them but they have never done that

Or simply put a season pass in the game with skins and unlockables to generate money as well as events where you can unlock skins for a certain period of time from then former battle passes... Would do the trick

• Game itself is like 10$ plus all the cosmetics...ehhh...40$
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• anidriX
    1634 posts Member
    What will it include that it’s not in the regular version?
  • anidriX wrote: »

@anidriX I believe it just unlocks all the cosmetics and emotes automatically.
  • Unbelievable.
  • Given the cost of the crystals to unlock everything that that the Celebration Edition provides, my assumption is it will release @ $ 39.99 and quickly drop to $ 29.99 then to $ 19.99 and stay there.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Given the cost of the crystals to unlock everything that that the Celebration Edition provides, my assumption is it will release @ $ 39.99 and quickly drop to $ 29.99 then to $ 19.99 and stay there.

This man gets it

• anidriX
    1634 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

@anidriX I believe it just unlocks all the cosmetics and emotes automatically.

So no reason to buy it for us who have been playing for a while and have all skins and emotes unlocked.
  • Unbelievable.

Yep, I was like.

pk1lmptzcb9i.gif

If sales are to go for more real content,(maps, weapons, and modes) not skins, then I’m all for it, also if it increases the playerbase, that’s also a worth it. Otherwise it looks like a play on the movie to capitalize one last time. The box Art does look good though.

We still have no cargo, no private matches, no stats, no fov slider, all basic things in most FPS games. At least the regular editing should drop to almost nothing though. Wish they worked try to revitalize bf15 with a redo makeover.

Agreed. Much is missing from this game that should be included.

Also where are the exclusive skins in this bundle that would be an incentive to make the purchase? Rebel pilot for Luke and troopers, red robe Palpatine, Ewok celebration Leia, storm trooper skin for Luke, Han and Finn, DS, Shock, Shadow trooper and TIE pilot skins, new or ported alien skins?

Not hard to see why this was given a green light but just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
  • Not sure why this is upsetting people
    PSN: DarthLando-
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Not sure why this is upsetting people

If it helps to get more players with the marketing then it’s good news. I think the comments are basically disappointing due to the fact that it doesn’t seem to bring new content for those who already own the game.

How much are they going to spend on marketing for a 2 year old game? Wouldn’t EA want those people who’ve already purchased the game and already have the content that was available to purchase this bundle as well? Providing something as basic as a few additional exclusive cosmetics, like those I mentioned, that could draw in additional revenue from those who’ve already purchased the game would be a plus correct?

If it helps to get more players with the marketing then it’s good news. I think the comments are basically disappointing due to the fact that it doesn’t seem to bring new content for those who already own the game.

How much are they going to spend on marketing for a 2 year old game? Wouldn’t EA want those people who’ve already purchased the game and already have the content that was available to purchase this bundle as well? Providing something as basic as a few additional exclusive cosmetics, like those I mentioned, that could draw in additional revenue from those who’ve already purchased the game would be a plus correct?

I would think most of us that have been playing since launch have everything that we want. I have all the skins I want and about 700k credits. If I wanted something, I'd have already bought it. I don't really think they are marketing this towards day one players. This is for newer players and trying to get back those that quit when they catch TROS fever.
  • id pay full price for a battlefront 2015 that had offline dlc and all the maps
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I like how it features a bunch of trooper helmets on the cover, yet the game has 12 mod-able blasters and has received ZERO additions to trooper play since the launch box art.

My thoughts exactly.
    I hope nobody gets tricked in buying because they‘d think there’s trooper stuff in it.
  • anidriX
    1634 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Well sure but this appears to be a “relaunch” of the game. Just a new a edition of the game where you get everything we already have without having to grind for it.
    It’s not DLC content.
    I don’t know, I really hope the December update is worth it because I expected much more than a few skins for reinforcements.
    I want them to release OT&ST for CS, Coop and IA and I say that as someone who plays HvV 99% of the time.
  • I was definitely expecting more from the first update, given it was delayed, than some clone skins and hero tweaks
  • I've been playing since day 1 and would have to spend about 775K credits to buy everything, including this week's update, that I don't have right now (some I would use, some I wouldn't.) If the price of the add-on is reasonable ($20 or less), I would be OK buying it to unlock everything considering I have played the game for 2 years now and save my 250K credits for new appearances in 2020 (hopefully.) I'm still holding out hope that OT and ST will be added to Co-Op, IA and CS.
  • If I didn’t have 3M credits saved up, I might get this.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    915 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    This a smart play by DICE. They’ve rebuilt the game so that it has something to offer everyone; single player, team PvE, small and large scale-multi.

And it runs the gamut of Star Wars experiences; all of the primary factions, vehicles, heroes, and star fighters available across all of those modalities.

Relaunch at this point is a great plan. If this turns a profit and brings enough people in/back, it could breathe life into the game for some time to come.

Bravo to DICE for their commitment to the community and the hard work they’ve done in the last year-and-a-half.
  • $9.99 USD
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • $9.99 USD

Happened across a GameStop today and they had a used version of BF2 for $ 19.99. While yes, GameStop is overpriced, it still tells you that you could get more than $20 for a new, relaunched version, that has all the skins/emotes/voice lines unlocked.
  • Gotta say, while this might be a surprise for some of us who want to actually upgrade to this "all unlocked at once" version, I gotta say wtf are the devs expecting from us as community? Yeppee yay yeah? Hope the content that will be outlined in the CT is more exciting

• I still want to get the Rey and Kylo skins that are no longer available...:(
  • Smart move.

I said it from the beginning. In Video games people have always been looking forward completionism. They will undoubtedly have completionists pay 20-50 for a full and complete game while barely anyone will ever be ready to pay 5 bucks for overpriced breadcrumbs.

They called "Skins" movie costumes from movie characters, some have existed for almost 40 years. "Skins" in other games imply creativity from devs and a sense of personalization for the player. There is nothing like that here. It's all about portraying an existing Character with one of his movie-accurate outfits. Imagine you had to pay 20 bucks to have Leia wear her Boussh outfit in Jabba's Palace, 10 years ago in Lego Star Wars 2. They should have known from the beginning it wouldn't work.
  • I also wish they customize for each player the amount needed for the upgrade.

Players have charged for skins to get this game new content. If these players get to pay the same upgrade as a new player that just paid 5 bucks, it's not right. If someone paid the amount of the upgrade in crystals, the upgrade should be free.
  • Anynody knows if this new version will be updated since the last update? I like to have every offline contents on disk, even if they are downloadable for free.
  • bfloo
    16773 posts Member

It does nothing for the existing playerbase.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Agreed. Hopefully the CT will have more substance.
  • AHugeHeckinNerd
    232 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I just wanna say the relaunch with Christmas and RotS is a great marketing strategy. Hopefully it generates an influx of income and players and that gives ea the reason to pool more resources into the game.

Or it’s spelling out the end like an ultimate edition but I’m doubtful of this solely because the edition mentioned content after its release not being available. I think we got one more year
  • bfloo wrote: »

It’s not supposed to, nor is that who it’s geared towards.
    PSN: DarthLando-