criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

So the new way to buff blasters is to give them ways to tone down temporarily lightsabers aimbot ?

-Add free aimbot to all lightsaber heroes

-Add abilities to remove aimbot for 1.5-2.5 seconds when they are already right in your face.

Genius, really.
Oden. The more he is boiled, the better he is

Replies

• This is, unfortunately, a perfect example of them balancing around the skill floor.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • And it barely matters because they can still see your team tag/health bar and just aim at that. Disabling ALL automatic targeting as well as those identifiers for the duration would actually be effective.
  • Best way to deal with lightsabers as a blaster hero is to improve at the game.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Best way to deal with lightsabers as a blaster hero is to improve at the game.

I wish I could play against people that say this.

What platform do you play on? If you play on console, I’m happy set up some games with you. I would love to see you beat my Vader or Kylo with a blaster.

We could 4v4 or 1v1. Whatever works best for you. Let me know. Could use the footage as an reference when blaster power level comes up.
    Confidence born of ignorance

What platform do you play on? If you play on console, I’m happy set up some games with you. I would love to see you beat my Vader or Kylo with a blaster.

We could 4v4 or 1v1. Whatever works best for you. Let me know. Could use the footage as an reference when blaster power level comes up.

I think he's being sarcastic most of his comments on here are very sarcastic

Jeez. I hope so.

No one that says blasters are good will play against me to prove it :(
  • willywonka7
    2341 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It's not even a buff.....they have had those capabilities for many updates now. MONTHS EVEN FOR SOME OF THEM!

All dice did was update ability descriptions to reflect what the heroes were already doing.

Blaster Heroes need some ACTUAL buffs lately. They are all so weak still in comparison to reinforcements.

Jeez. I hope so.

I don't know I think I have seen meerkat say similar things to that before. Also pretty sure he's on Xbox.

Jeez. I hope so.

I don't know I think I have seen meerkat say similar things to that before. Also pretty sure he's on Xbox.

Lovely. That makes it easy for me.

Would love to see someone consistently beat me with a blaster hero.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I volunteer to run another blaster heroes cheeks too. Not that it's fair. Nobody's beating me Lightsaber vs Lightsaber, let alone Blaster vs Lightsaber

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• -Add free aimbot to all lightsaber heroes

-Add abilities to remove aimbot for 1.5-2.5 seconds when they are already right in your face.

Genius, really.

They didnt' buff them. They changed the description to match what the abilities already did.
  • I volunteer to run another blaster heroes cheeks too. Not that it's fair. Nobody's beating me Lightsaber vs Lightsaber, let alone Blaster vs Lightsaber

I would love to see any someone try to win with a blaster against Vader, GG, or Dooku.

It would bring me great pleasure.

No one will step up, but it would be fun.
  • I volunteer to run another blaster heroes cheeks too. Not that it's fair. Nobody's beating me Lightsaber vs Lightsaber, let alone Blaster vs Lightsaber

I would love to see any someone try to win with a blaster against Vader, GG, or Dooku.

I've rarely had the chance to chasten a person who thinks blasters have a chance, but its always fun when I do.

As a joke I tell them lets do a best out of 100

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

I've rarely had the chance to chasten a person who thinks blasters have a chance, but its always fun when I do.

That @Meerkat guy seems to believe blasters have a chance. I believe he’s on Xbox, too. Perhaps he’ll prove us wrong. That would be fun.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I volunteer to run another blaster heroes cheeks too. Not that it's fair. Nobody's beating me Lightsaber vs Lightsaber, let alone Blaster vs Lightsaber

That @Meerkat guy seems to believe blasters have a chance. I believe he’s on Xbox, too. Perhaps he’ll prove us wrong. That would be fun.

Ah I could definitely use Meerkat's blaster face to clean the dust off my saber. Been dusty since Disney + and CODMW got me preoccupied

Let's take turns

Ah I could definitely use Meerkat's blaster face to clean the dust off my saber. Been dusty since Disney + and CODMW got me preoccupied

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Let's take turns

You’re on.

👀 I call Count Dookums though 👀

• Doesn't it just say it is a new description not an actual change?

So it is already working as much as it is. Which is almost worthless. Are they trying a placebo effect?

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Acceptable.

I call balanced Greive.

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Acceptable.

I call balanced Greive.

I wanna watch... @Meerkat 👀

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Acceptable.

I call balanced Greive.

Just going to get him getting farmed by sabers, lol.

Won’t be too exciting.

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Acceptable.

I call balanced Greive.

The Grieve!

cpn1tzj6w289.jpg

Won’t be too exciting.

💀💀💀

Let's take turns

You’re on.

Acceptable.

I call balanced Greive.

Won’t be too exciting.

True lol. Just record it...if it happens🙄
  • While you guys are getting far of track, you are not realizing they aren't actually buffing those blaster heroes. They are not making a change only a re-wording in the description.

" ability description has been updated for accuracy."

They are saying the effect is already in-game and if there is currently an anti-saber tracking effect, it is quite useless.
  • While you guys are getting far of track, you are not realizing they aren't actually buffing those blaster heroes. They are not making a change only a re-wording in the description.

They are saying the effect is already in-game and if there is currently an anti-saber tracking effect, it is quite useless.

The descriptions were buffed. We get it. Point is blaster vs. saber is still horribly lopsided.

We know, dude.

Fun to meme a bit, though
  • Yeah I could not stomach going through all the meme. So I wasn't following it.
  • Yeah I could not stomach going through all the meme. So I wasn't following it.

98sb7jm5do1n.jpg

• I wish I was boomer!!!
  • OcDoc
    2130 posts Member
    Meerkat wrote: »

You caught too much flack for this comment IMO. It is a fair thing to say as you have written it here. I don’t see anything to suggest you believe blaster heroes are outright superior to saber/force heroes.

There are certainly situations blaster heroes are viable in this game. First and foremost is because most interactions involve teams of randoms that can’t communicate. Obviously playing against a team of good, experienced, communicating players can severely change the dynamics of play but for most players in most games of HvV, blaster heroes can hold their own and at times dominate a game.

The other situation that makes them more viable is when used with teammates that guard blaster heroes. As long as a player or two keeps an eye out to make sure a good blaster player isn’t getting over run or ambushed by saber heroes, the combo of a good blaster hero with some good saber heroes can be formidable. After all this IS NOT a 1v1 game.

Personally, I like using the blaster heroes just as much as the saber heroes and typically fair quite well with them. Do I think any of them outmatch saber heroes 1v1? Of course not. If you can’t perfectly time your rolls to avoid being pushed, pulled, choked, or stunned it is unlikely you will outlast a 1v1 matchup against a good saber hero. But in a 4v4 scenario (with good teamwork) a blaster hero can be adequately productive and even occasionally dominant.

I think my main point is that we can’t always talk about situations where all 8 players in an HvV match are top tier skill level. That situation simply doesn’t come up all that much in reality. Beyond that, HvV is not a 1v1 mode so there is no point in focusing discussion on projected outcomes of 1v1 matchups.

• Blaster heroes need more rolls thats for damn sure!
  • OcDoc wrote: »

You caught too much flack for this comment IMO. It is a fair thing to say as you have written it here. I don’t see anything to suggest you believe blaster heroes are outright superior to saber/force heroes.

There are certainly situations blaster heroes are viable in this game. First and foremost is because most interactions involve teams of randoms that can’t communicate. Obviously playing against a team of good, experienced, communicating players can severely change the dynamics of play but for most players in most games of HvV, blaster heroes can hold their own and at times dominate a game.

The other situation that makes them more viable is when used with teammates that guard blaster heroes. As long as a player or two keeps an eye out to make sure a good blaster player isn’t getting over run or ambushed by saber heroes, the combo of a good blaster hero with some good saber heroes can be formidable. After all this IS NOT a 1v1 game.

Personally, I like using the blaster heroes just as much as the saber heroes and typically fair quite well with them. Do I think any of them outmatch saber heroes 1v1? Of course not. If you can’t perfectly time your rolls to avoid being pushed, pulled, choked, or stunned it is unlikely you will outlast a 1v1 matchup against a good saber hero. But in a 4v4 scenario (with good teamwork) a blaster hero can be adequately productive and even occasionally dominant.

I think my main point is that we can’t always talk about situations where all 8 players in an HvV match are top tier skill level. That situation simply doesn’t come up all that much in reality. Beyond that, HvV is not a 1v1 mode so there is no point in focusing discussion on projected outcomes of 1v1 matchups.

Oh, boy. Lots to go into here.

First up, that’s just Diamond and I meming. If someone is going to say that blasters are “fine” or “good”, I would like them to show me. Whether that’s a 4v4 or 1v1 scenario. They’ll get farmed in either interaction, so it won’t matter which. I’ve yet to find someone that will try to prove their claims that blasters are good. Maybe one day.

There are times where blasters are viable; against bad / weak players. Even against bad players, it can be hard if they play certain heroes. Trying to play Han against a team of Vader, Palp, GG, and Kylo is going to be a nightmare, even if they’re only okay-ish players. They have so much free damage and are stupid easy to play.

You say blasters are viable when their team guards them. While it’s true blasters are stronger with a strong team supporting them, this doesn’t matter once an equally strong (coordinating) team is matched against them. When I play Leia with my friends, we win 35-0 in pubs and I usually get 15-20k score. My friends keep me alive and it’s nice. However, this only happens because we’re playing against bad players. The moment we come up against another shack or set up a 4v4, I can no longer player a blaster. It’s unfortunate.

The best way to talk about balance is when there are 8 good players on the map. It really shows the balance issues. If the stronger players are struggling to play certain heroes against other good players, there’s likely a problem.

To me, what you said here, is that blasters are fine when playing against bad players, but it doesn’t matter how they perform against good players because that doesn’t happen all the time.

Funny way of looking at balance, my dude.

First up, that’s just Diamond and I meming. If someone is going to say that blasters are “fine” or “good”, I would like them to show me. Whether that’s a 4v4 or 1v1 scenario. They’ll get farmed in either interaction, so it won’t matter which. I’ve yet to find someone that will try to prove their claims that blasters are good. Maybe one day.

There are times where blasters are viable; against bad / weak players. Even against bad players, it can be hard if they play certain heroes. Trying to play Han against a team of Vader, Palp, GG, and Kylo is going to be a nightmare, even if they’re only okay-ish players. They have so much free damage and are stupid easy to play.

You say blasters are viable when their team guards them. While it’s true blasters are stronger with a strong team supporting them, this doesn’t matter once an equally strong (coordinating) team is matched against them. When I play Leia with my friends, we win 35-0 in pubs and I usually get 15-20k score. My friends keep me alive and it’s nice. However, this only happens because we’re playing against bad players. The moment we come up against another shack or set up a 4v4, I can no longer player a blaster. It’s unfortunate.

The best way to talk about balance is when there are 8 good players on the map. It really shows the balance issues. If the stronger players are struggling to play certain heroes against other good players, there’s likely a problem.

To me, what you said here, is that blasters are fine when playing against bad players, but it doesn’t matter how they perform against good players because that doesn’t happen all the time.

So true. Yesterday OOiiHooked and I played a team of absolute trash bags. They had Vader, Palps, Maul and Kylo and we 35-0 them with Han, Chewy, Leia and Lando LMAO. If we had been against anyone even remotely decent, we would have gotten destroyed running that squad. It's sad. A blaster shouldn't have to rely on saber teammates to protect them.

So true. Yesterday OOiiHooked and I played a team of absolute trash bags. They had Vader, Palps, Maul and Kylo and we 35-0 them with Han, Chewy, Leia and Lando LMAO. If we had been against anyone even remotely decent, we would have gotten destroyed running that squad. It's sad. A blaster shouldn't have to rely on saber teammates to protect them.

Yup.

I love when we come up against a stack trying to play all blasters. One-by-one, I see them all switch to sabers after they get rolled over by Vader and friends.

Yup.

I love when we come up against a stack trying to play all blasters. One-by-one, I see them all switch to sabers after they get rolled over by Vader and friends.

Lately I've been running blasters more just for a challenge. It is fun on the very rare occasion you get all blasters on both teams, even though I didn't like the blaster event in HvV. More quitting than usual, if that's even possible. I just wish it was more balanced.

Yup.

Lately I've been running blasters more just for a challenge. It is fun on the very rare occasion you get all blasters on both teams, even though I didn't like the blaster event in HvV. More quitting than usual, if that's even possible. I just wish it was more balanced.

Blaster only event was a lot of fun. Really displayed how bad most players are, which was funny.

Yeah, I don’t think I finished one game that whole weekend where the enemy team didn’t quit, lol.

Yup.

Blaster only event was a lot of fun. Really displayed how bad most players are, which was funny.

Yeah, I don’t think I finished one game that whole weekend where the enemy team didn’t quit, lol.

Yeah same here. On a side note, correct me if I'm wrong but using Chewy alot yesterday I realized just how good his survivability is. Bonus health with a maxed out Impervious gives him as much health as Vader with FR doesn't it? Idk for sure but he's definitely one of if not the best blaster hero. Best LS for sure. I guess Boba and maybe Palps still edge him out though.

Yup.

Yeah same here. On a side note, correct me if I'm wrong but using Chewy alot yesterday I realized just how good his survivability is. Bonus health with a maxed out Impervious gives him as much health as Vader with FR doesn't it? Idk for sure but he's definitely one of if not the best blaster hero. Best LS for sure. I guess Boba and maybe Palps still edge him out though.

Chewie is solid. Only LS blaster that has an sort of survival. Doesn’t matter, though. He can’t survive a GG dive. Impervious is great when you can stack it up, but you won’t get the chance against a good team, since GG, Kylo, Vader, and Boba exist.

It goes;

1. Palp
    2. Boba
    3. Finn
    4. Phasma
    5. Irrelevant

Assuming competent players, of course.

Yup.

Chewie is solid. Only LS blaster that has an sort of survival. Doesn’t matter, though. He can’t survive a GG dive. Impervious is great when you can stack it up, but you won’t get the chance against a good team, since GG, Kylo, Vader, and Boba exist.

It goes;

1. Palp
    2. Boba
    3. Finn
    4. Phasma
    5. Irrelevant

I forgot about Finn lol. Big Deal makes him great(especially with the bug) I may put Chewy above Phasma though. She may have a better gun but I feel like her survivability is more dependent on her Droid and therefore keeps her stationary. Yes Chewy has to stack Impervious but against most teams it's doable. Idk, it's close. Either way good sabers farm anyone not named Boba or Palps.

Jeez. I hope so.

Hello fellow herolord lawnmowerman. I hope you are having a good week and enjoyed Frozen 2.

When it comes to blaster heroes I have agreed that a 3rd combat roll should be given to them all. I am also of the opinion that Lando and Leia could use some buffs and/or reworks to their abilities. I am also not opposed to the removal of auto-locking strikes for lightsabers heroes. Though DICE would never do this as the baddies (7/10) people would probably quit. That's about as far as I would go though. Iden, Chewbacca, Phasma, Han Solo, Finn, Palpatine and Bossk are all very good characters. I cannot speak to Boba as I do not play him at all. I think a lot of good blaster hero players make them work and dominate lobbies daily. Playing in a 4v4 setting allows them to pick their spots and do well. I'm not talking about 1v1's. I'm really curious.. beyond the above.. what else do blaster heroes need?

I do not play on xbox. That system unfortunately lacks a game library and never interested me. *talks in pawn shop voice* best I can do is borrow one. My co-workers son has one that I could get on to play with people on here if something needs to be set up.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.

Jeez. I hope so.

Hello fellow herolord lawnmowerman. I hope you are having a good week and enjoyed Frozen 2.

When it comes to blaster heroes I have agreed that a 3rd combat roll should be given to them all. I am also of the opinion that Lando and Leia could use some buffs and/or reworks to their abilities. I am also not opposed to the removal of auto-locking strikes for lightsabers heroes. Though DICE would never do this as the baddies (7/10) people would probably quit. That's about as far as I would go though. Iden, Chewbacca, Phasma, Han Solo, Finn, Palpatine and Bossk are all very good characters. I cannot speak to Boba as I do not play him at all. I think a lot of good blaster hero players make them work and dominate lobbies daily. Playing in a 4v4 setting allows them to pick their spots and do well. I'm not talking about 1v1's. I'm really curious.. beyond the above.. what else do blaster heroes need?

I do not play on xbox. That system unfortunately lacks a game library and never interested me. *talks in pawn shop voice* best I can do is borrow one. My co-workers son has one that I could get on to play with people on here if something needs to be set up.

Didn't see Frozen 2.....yet

Like Sadder Joker said, we're just messing around (although I am always down to do this challenge if someone is a willing contender 😈)

But bruh, why is everyone okay with balancing around the lowest levels of gameplay? Lmao. Because 8 players of top tier skill doesn't happen so often unless scheduled, that doesn't take away from this scenario being the easiest way to discern proper balance.

Mediocre players often struggle at taking out blasters. Shall we nerf them so the highest levels obliterate them further? Bad balancing scheme

• DiamondxStyles
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    And 1v1s aren't a mode, so prove blasters can compete in a 4v4? 😁 I'm fine with getting four players to demonstrate why blasters can't compete vs sabers

Yup.

It goes;

1. Palp
    2. Boba
    3. Finn
    4. Phasma
    5. Irrelevant

I forgot about Finn lol. Big Deal makes him great(especially with the bug) I may put Chewy above Phasma though. She may have a better gun but I feel like her survivability is more dependent on her Droid and therefore keeps her stationary. Yes Chewy has to stack Impervious but against most teams it's doable. Idk, it's close. Either way good sabers farm anyone not named Boba or Palps.

Been playing Finn alot just tp get him to level 25. Finn is a great cpunter against Boba or Palps. Finn on a good team can ruin your day ;)
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• And 1v1s aren't a mode, so prove blasters can compete in a 4v4? 😁 I'm fine with getting four players to demonstrate why blasters can't compete vs sabers

Happy to do this, as well.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2095 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    OcDoc wrote: »

Yup.

It goes;

1. Palp
    2. Boba
    3. Finn
    4. Phasma
    5. Irrelevant

Been playing Finn alot just tp get him to level 25. Finn is a great cpunter against Boba or Palps. Finn on a good team can ruin your day ;)

👀 Unless your Finn is with Riss on a good team 👀

No offense Riss love you 👀

• OcDoc
    2130 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

Mostly you get what I was saying. But instead of bad players, I would say average or middle of the road. There is a difference IMO. I have seen truly “bad” players and they deserve their own category.

I also wouldn’t agree about the part that it is “hard” to take out bad players with blaster heroes. Maybe you would be correct if purely talking about 1v1 against a block spammer but I don’t believe it is “hard” to take out ANY bad (or even average) players in a 4v4 scenario.

And to clarify about the “way to balance” part... That is exactly what I am saying. If the overwhelming majority of the player base is of a certain caliber, it is best to adjust balance to suit the overwhelming majority. 4v4 all goods and premades doesn’t appear to be common enough in this game to make balancing adjustments according to their wishes. Maybe everyone can be satisfied but probably not. With that said, most truly good players can compensate for imbalance by adjusting their play style. It is part of what makes you a “good player”.

And if this couldn’t be extrapolated from what I wrote... I am in favor of some buffs to blaster heroes. They are a little too defenseless at close range in most cases and a little to susceptible to the affects of force powers. Doesn’t mean they are “trash”, but I agree they are typically a tier behind most of the saber/force users. That is why I chose the term, “viable” and linked the term viable to certain scenarios.

• Jesus Christ with these quote boxes 😒
  • Do you see why I did not bother to read the whole thread. Trying to read it is like being a blaster hero going up against a Saber on console.
  • Jesus Christ with these quote boxes 😒

Its lagging out my computer sometimes lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2