criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Does Anyone Regret Stomping On Enemies?

Prev1
I know it's a game and all, but I just played a HVV match where the team lost so badly that I started feeling bad killing them and started hesitating a little bit to give them a chance.

And, it wasn't like they didn't know how to play. They knew what they were doing. They just couldn't finish their kills fast enough to match my speed.
The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Replies

• Nope don't feel bad lol. If they all quit and only 1 guy stays I'll disengage til their team fills back up. That's about it from me. If I stomp then it just gets me new opponents faster.
  • Nope don't feel bad lol. If they all quit and only 1 guy stays I'll disengage til their team fills back up. That's about it from me. If I stomp then it just gets me new opponents faster.

I've been playing as Vader for today and I've made 2 entire teams quit so far.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Nope don't feel bad lol. If they all quit and only 1 guy stays I'll disengage til their team fills back up. That's about it from me. If I stomp then it just gets me new opponents faster.

Yeah I make alot of people quit with Palps. There's a few certain people on Xbox, that when I play with them, we can't get enemies to stay for nothing. We will literally 35-0 teams.
  • Nah, out there it’s kill or be killed and I’ve been on both sides of that.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Can’t say I feel bad - just bored.
    Confidence born of ignorance
    Nope don't feel bad lol. If they all quit and only 1 guy stays I'll disengage til their team fills back up. That's about it from me. If I stomp then it just gets me new opponents faster.

Yeah I make alot of people quit with Palps. There's a few certain people on Xbox, that when I play with them, we can't get enemies to stay for nothing. We will literally 35-0 teams.

I do, however, like playing Vader because when I play with him I'm either (A) goofing off or (B) demolishing my enemies. I always start laughing when I see someone I've destroyed spawn, run around a corner, see me, then run away cause they know that's really their only chance at surviving.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Coldest_Teal
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Whenever I go too overboard and the score is something like 12:29 I just go on a temporary retirement and look around the map.

If I’m Vader I’ll just find new spots to ambush people like in empire strikes back or maybe befriend another enemy and have a small duel or play around.

If I’m Lando. I’ll complement players that stayed with heart by writing their name and saying something nice about how they play. [Removed, inappropriate ~Rtas]
    If I end up accidentally befriending the entire lobby I just shoot a smile look at them and kill myself, then leave the game.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Nope, other teams never do that so why would I take it easy on them?
  • Nope, other teams never do that so why would I take it easy on them?

Because at the end of the day what do you really get?

I mean Cheers if you trying to level up or get credits for a nice skin. Hell if your the only one in your team with all 35 kills earned than well done, I would seriously like to see some mad moments you’ve had with your mates or a pure solo takedown.

But for me if another team is getting straight clapped or seem honourable. I won’t hesitate to turn the entire lobby into a duel fest or party. Just my experience.

• Sometimes I regret sending hate mail after the stomping

..sometimes
  • Nah its eh.
  • Sometimes, but I always try to teach the new players by showing them how to use the dodges on saber combat when they try to attack me.
    Cuz that's what heroes do
  • Played HvV for the first time in a long time and I feel the same way when the enemy team is not good at all.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    If it is 4v4 I'll keep pushing the gas pedal. If we out number them I hang back and watch, or engage 1v1 when possible.

That is... Unless they have taunted me at all. Then I pile it on.

This, absolutely. If the other team is outnumbered 2v4, I'll hang back and watch the fight. But if they get cute and start emoting, then forget it. I'm gonna dogpile these fools.

• CC_1010
    3226 posts Member
    Yeah. I just sit back and watch sometimes.
  • Starmasui73146
    1786 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    polarition wrote: »
    I know it's a game and all, but I just played a HVV match where the team lost so badly that I started feeling bad killing them and started hesitating a little bit to give them a chance.

And, it wasn't like they didn't know how to play. They knew what they were doing. They just couldn't finish their kills fast enough to match my speed.

21enrke40u2w.gif
    Well that's healthy it means you have a good conscience, good for you.

“There is always hope.”
  • polarition
    1720 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Whenever I go too overboard and the score is something like 12:29 I just go on a temporary retirement and look around the map.

If I’m Vader I’ll just find new spots to ambush people like in empire strikes back or maybe befriend another enemy and have a small duel or play around.

If I’m Lando. I’ll complement players that stayed with heart by writing their name and saying something nice about how they play.
    If I end up accidentally befriending the entire lobby I just shoot a smile look at them and kill myself, then leave the game.

Lol, I'm definitely guilty of doing the Vader ambush.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

same
  • Always.
    It happens though, I've definitely been on both sides. If I'm on the steam roll team I will definitely back off, unless they're being little brats about it. But the best is mid game turn around.
    Respect on either side when that happens.
  • No and I feel insulted if someone goes easy on me. (I do respect when people leave and it becomes a 1v1 tournament)
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo

Yes. Because what is the point? I find no enjoyment stomping vastly less skilled players.

You have a conscience. This is a good thing. You can either listen to it or dull it in an attempt to silence it. Many choose to full it.

It is just a game, but you are playing with real people. If we are way ahead, I will hold back. What is the point of pushing 4v2 when you are already winning by 20?

This why I don't play HVV any more. It is simply way, way too many one sided matches.

Matches that are close are fun. Matches that are a blow out are not.
  • All could be fixed if matchmaking took win/loss or k/d into consideration
  • All could be fixed if matchmaking took win/loss or k/d into consideration

I think it could be vastly improved by matching pre-made vs pre-made and random vs random.
  • I don't enjoy steamrolls from either side. But DICE's broken matchmaking system is at fault, not the players.
  • Yesterday some walking ego was calling me and my team trash, useless, etc. while we were keeping parity with them, actually having a good match and being about even in kills. I think some people on his team got sick of it because around five minutes in, two of them suddenly left nearly simultaneously. You better believe we drove his **** into the dirt then, all the while he's still going on about how sad we are and he'd ruin us in 1v1s... sometimes a beatdown is exactly what's called for.
  • JackSpanky wrote: »
    Yesterday some walking ego was calling me and my team trash, useless, etc. while we were keeping parity with them, actually having a good match and being about even in kills. I think some people on his team got sick of it because around five minutes in, two of them suddenly left nearly simultaneously. You better believe we drove his ***** into the dirt then, all the while he's still going on about how sad we are and he'd ruin us in 1v1s... sometimes a beatdown is exactly what's called for.

Yeah, those are grounds for domination.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • To the team I just demolished basically single-handedly on Yavin as Darth Vader: I'm so very sorry. I'm genuinely surprised you stayed that entire match and you have my respect for it.

I actually felt bad about that one. I've never seen so many players turn and run the moment they saw me come around the corner. I even saw a Leia player run herself into a dead end corner.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    To the team I just demolished basically single-handedly on Yavin as Darth Vader: I'm so very sorry. I'm genuinely surprised you stayed that entire match and you have my respect for it.

I actually felt bad about that one. I've never seen so many players turn and run the moment they saw me come around the corner. I even saw a Leia player run herself into a dead end corner.

Lol. The chances of those players seeing this, aren't that high. Most players probably don't get on the forums. Those players be like....

rjzt1y3d76o0.gif

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Revan72 wrote: »
    To the team I just demolished basically single-handedly on Yavin as Darth Vader: I'm so very sorry. I'm genuinely surprised you stayed that entire match and you have my respect for it.

Lol. The chances of those players seeing this, aren't that high. Most players probably don't get on the forums. Those players be like....

rjzt1y3d76o0.gif

Oh, most definitely. But, I'm still not gonna message them individually, lol. That's a lot of work, especially for a game.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Rah_Boogah
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If I can see they are low-levelled or inexperienced, I will often invite them or message them to help them out in the next match. If they’re experienced, or people I know, no mercy.
  • Rah_Boogah wrote: »
    If I can see they are low-levelled or inexperienced, I will often invite them or message them to help them out in the next match.
    That's so cool. 😇

“There is always hope.”
  • K4152
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If the team is out numbered , I just wait until we're even again.
  • Any steam roll matches either winning or losing I tend to quit out of now. Waste of my time.
  • the mode is boring now
  • Nope. Love it...
    I joined a game yesterday on Jakku and it was 15 - 30 against the team I joined (others have said they'd leave in that scenario).. We then won 2-0 and I came top with Han. lol
    The next few maps people on the other team were leaving continuously especially when I pulled a Palpy on them.

giphy.gif

• Yes. Steamrolls aren't fun for either team. I think some players forget they're playing with actual people and that we're all here to have fun.

I don't even use him anymore. Too easy. If I'm down a player I may bring him out just to keep it competitive but that's about it.
  • Nope. Love it...
    I joined a game yesterday on Jakku and it was 15 - 30 against the team I joined (others have said they'd leave in that scenario).. We then won 2-0 and I came top with Han. lol
    The next few maps people on the other team were leaving continuously especially when I pulled a Palpy on them.

There's been a few times I've joined a game halfway through on a team being steamrolled, and helped balance it into a fun match. It's nice when that happens, but a decent matching system would be better.
  • I don't bother playing HvV anymore because I was always put in the terrible team. But in the rare case I was in the better team I enjoyed destroying them as I could rank up my heroes
  • Well, not really tbh ... I get slaughtered and sometimes I slaughter to. However, when I play the 2vs2 hero mode and one of the enemy team dies, my mate and I tend to perform an one on one so that it is "fair" for the enemy hero left.
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

I don't even use him anymore. Too easy. If I'm down a player I may bring him out just to keep it competitive but that's about it.

Depends on how I'm feeling, really. For the DS I tend to use him more, but I don't usually go as hard as I did yesterday. Other DS heroes I use are Boba Fett, Iden, Kylo and sometimes Grievous and Dooku. I choose them depending on how difficult the enemy team is with Boba Fett being someone I use if the team isn't at all difficult because then it balances out and still gives me a challenge.

With the LS I usually main Han or Obi-Wan.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Depends on how I'm feeling, really. For the DS I tend to use him more, but I don't usually go as hard as I did yesterday. Other DS heroes I use are Boba Fett, Iden, Kylo and sometimes Grievous and Dooku. I choose them depending on how difficult the enemy team is with Boba Fett being someone I use if the team isn't at all difficult because then it balances out and still gives me a challenge.

I actually used Boba yesterday and got second place LOL. I never play him. He's like level 45.

I actually used Boba yesterday and got second place LOL. I never play him. He's like level 45.

I've basically associated him with him being a fly. I'll use him on maps like Starkiller and Endor where I can just stand at a distance and pew pew someone and watch this get frustrated/overwhelmed. Back before his nerf I actually had incredible aim with him and he was one of my mains and most deadly heroes. I'm still good at the aim, but just not as good and sometimes miss embarrassingly and just fly away in shame.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • People who team stop me, even after I try and be friendly, have no mercy, so why should I return the favor?
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I think maybe Anakin after order 66
  • People who team stop me, even after I try and be friendly, have no mercy, so why should I return the favor?

It's the Jedi way

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Only in 1 v 1s. It's more personal, and they are likely in the party because they requested to fight you. I only fight the 1% that are even worth the time in the first place, but I get the occasional rare mistake of assuming the guy with 60 days played can actually keep up with me

In HvV, no, It's written off as "On to the Next One". Bad players or randoms get out and make room for the off chance that we'll actually find a team.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Only in 1 v 1s. It's more personal, and they are likely in the party because they requested to fight you. I only fight the 1% that are even worth the time in the first place, but I get the occasional rare mistake of assuming the guy with 60 days played can actually keep up with me

In HvV, no, It's written off as "On to the Next One". Bad players or randoms get out and make room for the off chance that we'll actually find a team.

Who do you main?

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg