criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Intensify still needs another nerf :/

Why was Kylo's darkness card nerfed into the ground which doesn't even let him one 1 shot troopers or do more than 145 damage upfront nerfed but, Luke can still do 166. Also you nerfed anakin's massive strikes to 150 because players complained he did to much damage at 165 yet here we have Luke dealing 166 🤔 it doesn't make sense

Replies

  • 166 with no penalty. GG has to sacrifice 25% stamina just to do 160. I mean I'm glad they reduced it from 40 but still.
  • 166 with no penalty. GG has to sacrifice 25% stamina just to do 160. I mean I'm glad they reduced it from 40 but still.

    Yeah it is still a little too much. At least nerf his saber damage to 120
  • Here we go with more nerf calls, give it a rest.
  • Here we go with more nerf calls, give it a rest.

    It’s a nerf to ONE thing that needs a nerf. Luke doesn’t need a bunch of nerfs. The only one he needs is to Intensify. It’s hardly calling for more nerfs
  • 166 with no penalty. GG has to sacrifice 25% stamina just to do 160. I mean I'm glad they reduced it from 40 but still.

    Yeah it is still a little too much. At least nerf his saber damage to 120

    Leave it 130 but have Intensify cap at 150 or 160. If only 150, make it easier to Max out.
  • Here we go with more nerf calls, give it a rest.

    This is acceptable only because its not a super nerf. He needs this since he has the fastest swing speed.
  • Everyone knew with a minimum of play time knew that Luke getting the best swing speed and twenty bonus damage with a card would be op. So what did Dice did? They Kept him with the best swing speed, a card that gives him bonus twenty base and up to 40 damage with no draw backs on the card (and no stacking the card is not a drawback when he has a one shot button and many 2 hit combo). He needed neither the swing buff, which will kill any blaster easily because you simply can't roll it, nor the broken card because he was perfectly fine before those two things.

    Makes the card 20 bonus damage at max stack and take back the buff on his swing speed.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • TheUltimateHope
    1581 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Everyone knew with a minimum of play time knew that Luke getting the best swing speed and twenty bonus damage with a card would be op. So what did Dice did? They Kept him with the best swing speed, a card that gives him bonus twenty base and up to 40 damage with no draw backs on the card (and no stacking the card is not a drawback when he has a one shot button and many 2 hit combo). He needed neither the swing buff, which will kill any blaster easily because you simply can't roll it, nor the broken card because he was perfectly fine before those two things.

    Makes the card 20 bonus damage at max stack and take back the buff on his swing speed.

    ☝️This. They still didn't adress the swing speed which is what makes him broken, Intensify (that still needs nerfs obviously) was just the icing on the cake. Playing against him in trooper mode is terribly unfun.

  • his swing speed is honestly more broken then intensify I wouldn't even care if they nerfed his card if they just nerfed his swing speed his swings are so fast the game cant even handle it he ignores block the most out of anyone and is the only one that will still cause you to teleport back to the spot you was at before you rolled.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • Palpatine is probably still going to need a nerf
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Palpatine is probably still going to need a nerf

    He just needs fixes. Not nerfs.
  • Because Kylo is a spoilt cry baby and Luke is a Jedi legend... 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Palpatine is probably still going to need a nerf

    He just needs fixes. Not nerfs.

    Well hopefully dice do those fixes then as I'm sick of seeing Palpatine dominating GA games. And dice barely nerfed him just made a few small changes so he will still dominate GA
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Palpatine is probably still going to need a nerf

    He just needs fixes. Not nerfs.

    Well hopefully dice do those fixes then as I'm sick of seeing Palpatine dominating GA games. And dice barely nerfed him just made a few small changes so he will still dominate GA

    The fixes he needs would essentially be nerfs. I'm sure they will get around to it. Alot of people vocal about this.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Also you nerfed anakin's massive strikes to 150 because players complained he did to much damage at 165 yet here we have Luke dealing 166 🤔 it doesn't make sense

    There is a significant differance when you deal 165 dmg just by applying card vs when you have to apply card AND work your way to get 166 dmg.

    Also Luke doesn't have fastest swing speed - Dooku has. According to Clone201 Luke's swing speed is identical to Anakin's, Rey's, Maul's...

    Anyways update isn't released yet, asking for additional nerf to intensify without playtesting is kind of silly. Besides, only God knows how many stealth changes we will experiance when the update drops ;v

    Luke is significantly fast than Anakin and Rey. Just go spam R2 with him and you can visibly see it. I think if Luke has Intensify on they need to make it so that he has a stamina penalty of 25%
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • 20 would have been balanced.
    Current Topics:
    Balancing Darth Vader
    Hero ability changes

    m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter
    Youtube



  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Also you nerfed anakin's massive strikes to 150 because players complained he did to much damage at 165 yet here we have Luke dealing 166 🤔 it doesn't make sense

    There is a significant differance when you deal 165 dmg just by applying card vs when you have to apply card AND work your way to get 166 dmg.

    Also Luke doesn't have fastest swing speed - Dooku has. According to Clone201 Luke's swing speed is identical to Anakin's, Rey's, Maul's...

    Anyways update isn't released yet, asking for additional nerf to intensify without playtesting is kind of silly. Besides, only God knows how many stealth changes we will experiance when the update drops ;v

    Luke is significantly fast than Anakin and Rey. Just go spam R2 with him and you can visibly see it. I think if Luke has Intensify on they need to make it so that he has a stamina penalty of 25%

    He was significantly faster 2 months ago. Right now according to Clone201 tests he's on pair with them. However sometimes it looks like he has slightly faster swings so maybe there is a differance but it must be rather minimal.
    20 would have been balanced.

    I would cap it on 30 so it's not just worse version of Anakin's massive strikes. 160 dmg overall seems to be reasonable reward for staying alive for a long time & dealing a lot of damage. If there is a differance between his swing speed and other heroes like Anakin they could just adjust it.
  • Raices
    1570 posts Member
    A nerf to swing speed would've been way better than this nerf.
  • Dooku can duel 230 with Duelist and Expose weakness which be can used every 10 secs with balanced duelist applied. Vader is getting his Force choke damage reduction back leaving him with two abilities that give him Reduction as well as a damage increase. Anakin has steamroll which when maxed out gives him even more stamina than Luke with Permanent saber damage thanks to massive strikes. But no Luke is the problem cause he’s to OP with intensify? Ya’ll are clowns lol
  • TopGun_15 wrote: »
    Dooku can duel 230 with Duelist and Expose weakness which be can used every 10 secs with balanced duelist applied. Vader is getting his Force choke damage reduction back leaving him with two abilities that give him Reduction as well as a damage increase. Anakin has steamroll which when maxed out gives him even more stamina than Luke with Permanent saber damage thanks to massive strikes. But no Luke is the problem cause he’s to OP with intensify? Ya’ll are clowns lol

    Not to mention Initiative. His first swing can do 225 damage without Expose 💀💀 A shooter might as well just hit the respawn button if Dooku exposes you with no teammates around

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • TopGun_15 wrote: »
    Are all of you dense. You have to work for it and survive to get the damage increase. It’s not instantaneous. Anakin has a card that permanently gives him 150 saber damage with no penalty. Grievous too but with stamina reduction and You’re gonna complain about Luke when Dooku with duelist and expose weakness can wipe out hero’s in 3-4 hits. Vader’s getting his damage reduction back and that along with his choke and saber throw combo can take out 500 damage INSTANTLY. Stop crying for nerfs. Your logic is stupid.

    Dooku has to use 2 abilities it's not that hard to get that max damage since luke has good survivability. Vader has 25% damage reduction hardly gamebreaking
  • TopGun_15 wrote: »
    Are all of you dense. You have to work for it and survive to get the damage increase. It’s not instantaneous. Anakin has a card that permanently gives him 150 saber damage with no penalty. Grievous too but with stamina reduction and You’re gonna complain about Luke when Dooku with duelist and expose weakness can wipe out hero’s in 3-4 hits. Vader’s getting his damage reduction back and that along with his choke and saber throw combo can take out 500 damage INSTANTLY. Stop crying for nerfs. Your logic is stupid.

    Dooku has to use 2 abilities it's not that hard to get that max damage since luke has good survivability. Vader has 25% damage reduction hardly gamebreaking

    Right but Force choke and Focused Rage will BOTH give him damage reduction once the next patch comes out plus his increased damage so you consider that normal lol. They are nerfing intensify and buffing Vader who already has way higher survivability and way higher damage output than Luke. Luke has higher swing speed and maneuverability with a star card that gradually increases damage the longer he stays alive but clearly that’s game breaking to you? What a joke lol

    Luke’s speed is his advantage but Dooku, Vader and Grevious have way higher damage output. Intensify balances that out. You Scrubs call for pointless nerfs. If we had it your way why would Luke use intensify and put in the work for damage increase if if just gives you the same amount of damage that Anakins star Card permanently gives him. When other Hero abilities give you more damage and recharge. Your argument is pointless and logic is stupid.
  • "Nerf this, nerf that", get on with it. He's Luke Skywalker, doing 160+ damage should not be limited to just Anakin on the light side. If you can't block it then you're going to die one way or the other. This is the current state with saber heroes vs blaster heroes. The only thing I can suggest is to keep your distance or if in HvV stay close to teammates.
  • Intensify should lower his damage after he kills people, jedi can get tired out too ya know
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Intensify should lower his damage after he kills people, jedi can get tired out too ya know

    It should make him get a more stern look on his face as he deals damage.
  • Intensify should lower his damage after he kills people, jedi can get tired out too ya know

    It should make him get a more stern look on his face as he deals damage.
    Eventually he becomes overwhelmed with grief after he kills 40 enemies so he goes into hiding for the rest of the match.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Intensify should lower his damage after he kills people, jedi can get tired out too ya know

    It should make him get a more stern look on his face as he deals damage.
    Eventually he becomes overwhelmed with grief after he kills 40 enemies so he goes into hiding for the rest of the match.

    This is the way.
  • "Nerf this, nerf that", get on with it. He's Luke Skywalker, doing 160+ damage should not be limited to just Anakin on the light side. If you can't block it then you're going to die one way or the other. This is the current state with saber heroes vs blaster heroes. The only thing I can suggest is to keep your distance or if in HvV stay close to teammates.

    Anakin only deals 150. Unless you mean from behind I guess.
Sign In or Register to comment.