criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• mastery0ta wrote: »
    Rather than complain about a lack of content why not become proactive. If we all spent $100.00 or more on some crystals say on monday I bet the content we all want would begin to show up on the folowing monday if not sooner. Starfighter is not neglected or over looked at all, it's the staff.... the skeleton crew working on this game have to operate within the restrictions of their budget. So when Content comes off of the center stage do you think she will start giving out free lapdances because all of us have been hooting and hollering at her? Hell no she won't! The few of us with a couiple of $1.00 bills on the table infront of us won't get noticed at all because Content is busy talking to that [Removed - CM] in the corner who turned his chair backwards leaned his head back over the edge of the stage and had that Franklin draped over his nose and lips. Some of know what happens next and for those of you who don't all I can say is MAN that was a stupid analogy.... I can't believe I bothered to write that cus man it's dumb. What the bump!

Who do you get your weed from? Awesome

Believe it or not I used to grow it my self but when iniciative .... 502 or 582 (I forget) anyways when the iniciative was passed by the active, highly inteligent, and politicaly correct voters in my great state of Washington I choose to conform. So now i purchace my marajuana: oils, concentrated, edibles, liquids/drinkables, and even my weed from the weed store. The state liquior board over sees the entire operation (they needed something to do because liquior went comercial and all the liquior stores closed) of marajuana distribution through privately owned registured distributers otherwise known as small business owners. i happen to live within 5 miles of the very first pot shop to open in my wonderful stoned state so i tend to go there, if you are close and or intrested check '"Mr Bills" of Buckley'. If you tell them I sent you security will drag you into the back room and beat you sensless until you tell them where I stashed EVERYTHING at, and where I am living these days. If you don't believe me you can ask a friend of mine whom we recently started refering to as "Two finger Tom", though he can't actually confirm anything until the doctors take all that wires and stuff off of his jaw.
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • Alwe15
    2170 posts Member
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Rather than complain about a lack of content why not become proactive. If we all spent $100.00 or more on some crystals say on monday I bet the content we all want would begin to show up on the folowing monday if not sooner. Starfighter is not neglected or over looked at all, it's the staff.... the skeleton crew working on this game have to operate within the restrictions of their budget. So when Content comes off of the center stage do you think she will start giving out free lapdances because all of us have been hooting and hollering at her? Hell no she won't! The few of us with a couiple of $1.00 bills on the table infront of us won't get noticed at all because Content is busy talking to that [Removed - CM] in the corner who turned his chair backwards leaned his head back over the edge of the stage and had that Franklin draped over his nose and lips. Some of know what happens next and for those of you who don't all I can say is MAN that was a stupid analogy.... I can't believe I bothered to write that cus man it's dumb. What the bump!

Believe it or not I used to grow it my self but when iniciative .... 502 or 582 (I forget) anyways when the iniciative was passed by the active, highly inteligent, and politicaly correct voters in my great state of Washington I choose to conform. So now i purchace my marajuana: oils, concentrated, edibles, liquids/drinkables, and even my weed from the weed store. The state liquior board over sees the entire operation (they needed something to do because liquior went comercial and all the liquior stores closed) of marajuana distribution through privately owned registured distributers otherwise known as small business owners. i happen to live within 5 miles of the very first pot shop to open in my wonderful stoned state so i tend to go there, if you are close and or intrested check '"Mr Bills" of Buckley'. If you tell them I sent you security will drag you into the back room and beat you sensless until you tell them where I stashed EVERYTHING at, and where I am living these days. If you don't believe me you can ask a friend of mine whom we recently started refering to as "Two finger Tom", though he can't actually confirm anything until the doctors take all that wires and stuff off of his jaw.

Can we please stay on-topic before the moderators close this thread down for going off-topic?

Anyways, more Starfighter Assault maps please.

That, or for drug references. 🙄
  • TheScape
    2324 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Is this the topic where I can point out that the Celebration Edition promotional art has the Death Star I in the background and how we should get it (even though we know DICE doesn't feel like giving us nice stuff :()?

I would be happy with that and the Y-Wing paint shops from TRoS and some new Tie Bomber for the First Order.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Genin
    331 posts Member
    New starfighters maps are definitely the first thing I'd like to see in battlefront updates... And a new death star attack mode...
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Is this the topic where I can point out that the Celebration Edition promotional art has the Death Star I in the background and how we should get it (even though we know DICE doesn't feel like giving us nice stuff :()?

I would be happy with that and the Y-Wing paint shops from TRoS and some new Tie Bomber for the First Order.

Hopefully means the Trench Run is back boys! Yaaaaawwwwhooooooooo

Don't think so ... Ben just recently pointed out once again that they have no plans on releasing / updating starfighter assault. Therefore, this is really unrealistic.

I do not know why they put Death Star I in there, maybe they will bring maps from 2015 back from the inside, but not starfighter maps. Would be a shame
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

Don't think so ... Ben just recently pointed out once again that they have no plans on releasing / updating starfighter assault. Therefore, this is really unrealistic.

I do not know why they put Death Star I in there, maybe they will bring maps from 2015 back from the inside, but not starfighter maps. Would be a shame

Can you show me where Ben said recently that there will be not contents for starfighters? I trust you, I just want to stop hoping, reading with my owns eyes. That's very sad by the way...
  • F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Guess our begging had not had any effect.

Here as reference:

qaek3zmusgpr.png

Here you go
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • @Genin please see above

• @Genin please see above

Thanks mate!
  • Players: We want more maps for extraction!

Dice: *sleeps hard*

Players: I want more maps for Ewok hunt!

Dice: GO GO GO MOVE IT MOVE IT WE HAVE MAPS TO ADD

no, that's Laser Moon
  • F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Here as reference:

qaek3zmusgpr.png

Here you go

The thing I dislike about these posts from Ben is that they are non-denial denials. They can be interpreted either way.

"If we had something to say, we'd let you know. Right now I'm afraid there's nothing for us to share."

Does this mean there's nothing planned, nothing being worked on? Or does it mean we're working on it, but can't share anything about it *right now*. This has been a pseudo canned response for the last several months (you know, the two-or three times they've commented on SA content). It would be much more enlightening to the community if they could say one of two things:

1. No, there won't be any more SA content, sorry, deal with it.

2. We have some things we're working on (or something planned), but we can't guarantee they'll make it in game yet.

Either way, it gives us an idea of what to expect. The non-denial denials just leave us floundering and uncertain. And angry.

• mastery0ta wrote: »

Can't wait til Tennessee is like that. That's why I miss Florida sometimes. I had my medical endorsement there but now it doesn't mean squat in this state.
  • @grimmace2 totally agree with you on this, but from I have seen the past 2 years, I would rather expect nothing and then be happily surprised if we got something

• @grimmace2 totally agree with you on this, but from I have seen the past 2 years, I would rather expect nothing and then be happily surprised if we got something

Oh, don't get me wrong, my expectations are low, it's just that that pesky darn "hope" keeps getting in the way. It's why I would just prefer a straight answer.
  • Baffling how DICE could neglect starfighters in a Star Wars game. From the looks of the TROS trailers there’s going to be some great star fighter combat taking place.

Also it’s double xp Wednesday pilots so go get some.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    TRoS update has no mentions of SA content. Sigh. The fight has been fun, but I don't have the energy for it anymore. Much luck to my fellow pilots, but it appears this battle is over.

Same here. After the defeat with Extraction and radio silence on SA for almost 2 years... I just gave up. Even Capital Supremacy without any trace of starfighters was a big blow.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • honestly? props at dice that they have the balls to put dev time into a shooter for heroes like bb8 and his counter part but let all modes die except for CS. I just convinced friends to buy the game and I am almost at a point again where I want to stop playing it due to those decisions

• Jett_Fett_91166
    4510 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    TheScape wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    TRoS update has no mentions of SA content. Sigh. The fight has been fun, but I don't have the energy for it anymore. Much luck to my fellow pilots, but it appears this battle is over.

Same here. After the defeat with Extraction and radio silence on SA for almost 2 years... I just gave up. Even Capital Supremacy without any trace of starfighters was a big blow.

Yeah this is a slap in the face to the many dedicated star fighter players who’ve stuck with this game since launch.

Post edited by Jett_Fett_91166 on
  • Genin
    331 posts Member
    To be honest... I'm disappointed to see 2 stupid Droids as new heroes that nobody ask for, and no new efforts on starfighters. The new movie will have tone of starfighters action, as everybody can see from the trailer... But we'll have instead a "two-balls-droids" that will face heroes like Darth Vader/anakin ecc... Don't get me wrong, I respect the dev. and their work, and I will enjoy the new contents, but I will never understand this decision or the reason why they are so against starfighters. They didn't even put them in modes like CS... Why? Really... Why?
  • Have hope my friends.

This was from another recent post.

fyl9zy0xcjdv.jpeg
  • Hopes guys !
  • Page #3 ? Nahhh, don't think so.

Give us content

• Also it’s double xp Wednesday pilots so go get some.

I don´t know for SFA, but in HSF it does not work right. You get double XP after the game, but in game before it is like you get only a third of the normal points. Every other day I have more points than on wednesday. Also the challenges don´t work. I had three rescue kills with Tallie and it was shown after match but in the main menue there was nothing. 3xXP seems to work better, but I´m not sure if everything is working as intended.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4510 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Sar_Agorn72 if HSF allowed us to respawn as heroes then I’d know because I’d play it but as it is now...

Triple xp seems to be working for SA.
  • hsf_
    1978 posts Member
    BB8 over SA content, predictable.
  • Alwe15
    2170 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Have hope my friends.

fyl9zy0xcjdv.jpeg

Sorry bud, but this actually does the opposite for me. No hope. The current plan is NO new content for SFA. "plans do change" is just a **** and I'm not biting.
  • Jeff__Vader
    86 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Have hope my friends.

fyl9zy0xcjdv.jpeg

Sorry bud, but this actually does the opposite for me. No hope. The current plan is NO new content for SFA. "plans do change" is just a ***** and I'm not biting.

Yes, plans do change. Take the death star for example. They got rid of the exhaust port that leads directly to the main reactor because it was a huge design flaw that was exploited to blow it up. They replaced it with an opening that was big enough that even the millennium falcon could reach the main reactor. Didn't help the second death star from being blown up but it would make a really awesome SA map.
  • Their plans have to change through 2020, we need definitely New Maps for Starfighter Assault !
    Keep supporting !

Hopes !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Where are the B-wings?
  • Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?

I have a thread about an elite fighter/starfighter reinforcement class in which it would be the B-wing and the Tie Defender, we could also get starfighter skins for those two ships from the rebels show, like the original orange colored B-wing fighter, and the Tie Defender elite from the rebels show also which is a regular Tie Defender with red lines and red markings on it.
  • Bump.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?

I have a thread about an elite fighter/starfighter reinforcement class in which it would be the B-wing and the Tie Defender, we could also get starfighter skins for those two ships from the rebels show, like the original orange colored B-wing fighter, and the Tie Defender elite from the rebels show also which is a regular Tie Defender with red lines and red markings on it.

That would be pretty cool. I'd also love to see some map-specific fighter variation, akin to the different speeders and light armor available on different GA maps. Scarif and Jakku could have TIE Strikers as the Interceptors, a Solo-themed map could use the heavy TIE as the main fighter, and apparently Rise of Skywalker is going to fully flesh out the First Order and Resistance starfighter forces.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?

That would be pretty cool. I'd also love to see some map-specific fighter variation, akin to the different speeders and light armor available on different GA maps. Scarif and Jakku could have TIE Strikers as the Interceptors, a Solo-themed map could use the heavy TIE as the main fighter, and apparently Rise of Skywalker is going to fully flesh out the First Order and Resistance starfighter forces.
  • Where is The battlestation game mode ?
    You know ? With death star assault ? Naboo blocus ? Scarif shield gate ? Coruscant capital ships VS ? Starkiller base ? Bespin airspace ? Ep9 space battle And more...

Where are all those dreamy stuff ?
    Where is the VR compatibility in Starfighter Assault ? Anyone ?

Remember guys, plans do change ! These are not the droids we're looking for !

May The Force Be With You, Always.

Hopes !
  • JackSpanky wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?

Yeah the first order could have the new Tie Dagger, also known as sith fighters.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Where are the B-wings?

And Tie Defenders?

Another good question.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    F8RGE just stated on the thread for the latest CT Lite regarding Starfighter content, that there is nothing to share on this mode whatsover, indicating that there won't be any updates in the foreseeable future (imo also inclduing potential 2020 content).

Here as reference:

qaek3zmusgpr.png

Here you go

The thing I dislike about these posts from Ben is that they are non-denial denials. They can be interpreted either way.

"If we had something to say, we'd let you know. Right now I'm afraid there's nothing for us to share."

Does this mean there's nothing planned, nothing being worked on? Or does it mean we're working on it, but can't share anything about it *right now*. This has been a pseudo canned response for the last several months (you know, the two-or three times they've commented on SA content). It would be much more enlightening to the community if they could say one of two things:

1. No, there won't be any more SA content, sorry, deal with it.

2. We have some things we're working on (or something planned), but we can't guarantee they'll make it in game yet.

Either way, it gives us an idea of what to expect. The non-denial denials just leave us floundering and uncertain. And angry.

my read is that the community managers have no decision making power and aren't told much or aren't at liberty to say, so expecting a response is unrealistic...this is what I would expect from any customer facing dev
  • I'd love to see the death star attack shown in battlefront 2015 with the new gameplay... And I'd love to see battles with capital ships for each team that has to be destroyed similar to the original battlefront 2 (anyone remember that?)
  • Double XP Wednesday. Stay on target.
  • Red 5 standing by
  • gocpcd1clot6.png

More more sa maps
  • trench run in 2020.

I kinda want the Death Star II for the Reactor Run to be honest with you.

4swh5rlciy6f.png

0c78zlte37or.png