criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• sooo , no more GA maps ?
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    o.0 ? bb8 is considered a hero but clone commando is a reinforcement??? and the new map (which wont be from ep.9) will only be available for co op?uhmmm

The new map is from Episode 9. It launches this month for Co Op and HvV. CS and IA arrive at a later date. I am curious as to how the droids play though... They'd need to have some MAJOR upgrades in TROS to be able to kill enemies.
  • Lyc4n
    2047 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    So what’s coming in the update? First off we have a brand-new jungle planet. You might have caught a glimpse of this jungle like planet in the last trailer for Star Wars™: The Rise of Skywalker™. We’re bringing this planet to Co-Op in December, where you’ll be playing as either the Resistance or First Order as the conflict spreads to this tropical paradise. It will also be coming to Heroes Vs. Villains.

The future content roadmap may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible. For more information, please refer to EA’s Online Service Updates at https://www.ea.com/service-updates.

XD

A new map but only for Co-Op mode. Serously? XDDDDD

Geonosis was the last map for Galactic Assault mode, since 1 year. The devs abandoned this mode.

This game is dead!

@F8RGE, Do you say that you listen the community??? It's a joke? When the community requested BB-8? When????

- No new weapons
    - No new trooper skins.
    - No Rogue one content.
    - No OT content.

The new reinforcements may be using new weapons. The update tomorrow focuses on skins.
    A new unit is technically a new skin aswel, its a new model/skin
    Why on earth did you think there was going to be ot content. We knew this was for rise of skywalker since months ago.

The st needs more heroes they only have 4 unless they say that chewbacca and the emperor are now st aswell. What heroes would you give the st? Poe and hux. What coukd they possibly bring to the game? Support roles. Exactly what these two droids can bring but the droids can probably do it in a more unique way. If dice is looking for unique playstyles and heroes, the two droids are much better than poe and hux in my opinion.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    o.0 ? bb8 is considered a hero but clone commando is a reinforcement??? and the new map (which wont be from ep.9) will only be available for co op?uhmmm

The new map is from Episode 9. It launches this month for Co Op and HvV. CS and IA arrive at a later date. I am curious as to how the droids play though... They'd need to have some MAJOR upgrades in TROS to be able to kill enemies.

the said its inspired by the episode 9 planet.
  • BB-8 and BB-9E? That post is the post where the LOL button will be missed the most.
    tenor.gif?itemid=8267831

That would have been decent as secondaries, not flagship heroes. I hope it will at least open the opportunity to have r2 and 3po later on to be a 3rd class of heroes like we have blasters and sabers. (OOM-9 in bf2 we believe!)
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E

Is that a joke?

hopefully yes

Well as long as Poe and Hux and or Maz and Snoke are 2 more heroes coming. They’ve had plenty of time. Plus Ashoka and Ventress on the way.
  • Excited their finally brining in the new era but hopefully they fill in every map.
  • WHERES SA!
  • SYchael
    126 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Does this mean we can get R2-D2 as a hero soon?

Please say yes.

Instead they should make more reinforcement classes for all eras.
    Droid Reinforcement Units
    Native (Ewoks on Endor, Wampas on Hoth, ect.)
    Guard Class
    Pilot Class (Change our Droids Pilot Skin for a Class, they already started this class back in the files at launch)
    Also they should finish the Infiltrator Class for other eras.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION
    5yivndl0tgfr.jpg

Good idea, count me in!, thanks for still adding new stuff.
  • Gholin
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    This is great! Love the new content coming up!

Since the game is so far into its life cycle, could you please next consider adding offline and bot support for all game modes?

Also, right now, finding matches is difficult and having slots filled by bots until players can arrive would really help games always being available. Starfighter mode also desperately needs bots to fill in when the sides are lopsided.

Arcade and Instant Action really need galactic assault and capital supremacy modes added in! They are kinda boring not having vehicles and other objectives.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Will this TROS update come with Instant Action improvements/options and QOL changes or it will be just the map for Co op and the Skins?
    Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E

Poe is not a playable heroe but BB-8 will be ....emm ok.

Poe already has a ship. Thats the only reason I can think they didn't want to add him twice? I know it has been done but I think they wanted something new/crazy
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Having BB-8 & E8 sounds fun, albeit a bit out of place;I really hoped for Hux and Poe however, perhaps the 2 of them paired WITH the droids as 2 heroes would've been a better choise?
  • DICE...

Why BB-8 over C-3PO? Treepio would have skin options and apparently has a huge role in the film and has been in all trilogies. I'm disappointed...

C-3P0 doesn't really have combat options? Like he can't shock people and stuff. Now R2 would have been a great choice but I have a feeling he is coming soon as well

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Starfighters are totally dead in Battlefront. Done. No more. Ex mode.

Which god do we need to pray to to get a new Rogue Squadron game?
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    1002 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Looks great, and just about what I expected: ST Co-op, reinforcements, and skins. Sequel CS and IA added shortly. More reinforcements than expected is nice, but BB8 is a great surprise, can’t wait to use him! And I can’t wait to rock Finn in Co-op. Level 1000 Finn, comin’ up.

Looking at the game’s trajectory over the last year and a half, the next stop on the train will likely be IA, Co-op, and CS for the OT...

Disappointments: no support for GA, SA, or Extraction. Bummer.
  • Wonder what heroes we'll get to use in sequel trilogy co-op, kylo, rey, finn, bb-8 (eventually) luke? leia? Yoda? Han?

Wonder where vader will fit in?
  • L3wY
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »

The Last Jedi appearances for Kylo and Rey, as these remain exclusive for players who pre-ordered, and owners of the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition.

I didn't know about this, because I have the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition since release, but I don't have these skins. :D:|

Btw, great news & great update dev team!
    "May the Force be with you...always!"
    ''Do, or do not, there is no try!"
  • Also the more I think about it - a second jet trooper unit? Why?

It's because our existing first order jet trooper will have a replacement skin with the one from the rise of skywalker. What do you know.... i actually made a thread a few weeks ago about a second aerial unit, very interesting, maybe they got the idea from me. :D The other FO jet unit will be the sith jetpack trooper unit, which looks like the white one but in red, and the sith jetpack trooper has a different blaster than the white jet trooper has. Also, will we be able to purchase the ROS rey, kylo and finn appearances with credits, even if you don't get the celebration edition? Because those would be really cool to have, but if those skins only come with the celebration edition and not the existing BF 2.... cause i really can't buy anything at the moment, so i hope these ROS skins come with my deluxe trooper edition that i have.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Zirius
    402 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Plenty of crap as always, in these 2 years. Nothing this game rly needs, like new maps for the important game modes, new weapons etc. 2 incoming reinforcements, that's ok tho. But keep going, stopped playing ages ago, didn't miss anything important. And won't miss either in the near future it seems. Also, those 2 droids coming as heroes? Got to be a joke ofc, wouldn't be surprised tho of it's true.
  • BB units as Heroes? I'm looking forward to all the glitches. I want kudos if I manage to climb perpendicular walls with them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • can someone clarify this for me please because im confused, this celebration update or whatever, do we have to buy it with real money or we can get whatever comes from it with in game credits?
  • I'm sorry, but did it just say that we are getting BB-8 and the other droid as a hero? huh..
    PSN is on my name.
  • so two different jumping units for first order?
  • Great that they're adding new content. Props to Dice. Keep up the good work! But please don't forget about Galactic Assault. It's still a great mode and the only large one where you can play all three eras. And as I've noticed on here its still the preferred game mode for a lot of people. I like that it isn't nearly as repetitive as CS but has various objectives. Also I can get in at least three to four games in an hour which makes it a lot easier to jump on and play just a couple of matches. Still hoping Felucia as well as this new planet are eventually added to the GA rotation.
  • I'm cool with all this. I'm super looking forward to the Sith Troopers! Only thing I really want in the future is more OT content (maybe even some Rogue One stuff) and more trooper customization for OT and ST. I still want Assault Scout trooper.
  • PLEASE MAKE NEW MAPS FOR STRIKE!!!
    OMG! Why is that so difficult??? EVERY other mode has recieved new maps. Come on! This is ridiculous!
  • Can I get some clarification, please? I'm a little confused, haha. It says you'll get 150+ appearances including 6 legendary appearances. These are just the appearances that are already in the game, right? Or are they new ones and I need to be ripping open my wallet?
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • I'm assuming the hero/villian roster for ST Co op is gonna be:
    Rey, Finn, Chewbacca, BB8 (Once available)
    Kylo, Phasma, Palpatine, BB9E (Once available)

I also thought about Luke/Han but I dont think so.
  • There goes all hope of ever seeing Ahsoka and Ventress in BF2. Not to mention the ever so cold shoulder towards the Original Trilogy as far as co-op, at least.

BB8? Really guys--?!
    Thanks for nothing, DICE.

So this comment is very wrong. Ashoka and Ventress are likely coming in February along with TCW season 7. Also the OT CS and OT Co-op is coming in March sooo?

Wow, didn't realise you were so well informed .. that's nearly all great news
  • Neyu
    11 posts Member
    BB8 as a hero, what a **** joke, also maps for CO-OP ... give us GA maps which is the most played mode, I wonder what's happening in your brain sometimes
  • polarition wrote: »
    Can I get some clarification, please? I'm a little confused, haha. It says you'll get 150+ appearances including 6 legendary appearances. These are just the appearances that are already in the game, right? Or are they new ones and I need to be ripping open my wallet?

I was wondering the same exact thing. Like i really want those ROS skins for Rey, Kylo ren and Finn.... but are those new hero skins only available in the celebration edition, or are they in both the celebration and existing BF 2 editionss?
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • I love everything about this update...........except BB8 and BB9e.....while seeing these two battle it out on the battlefield will be funny to see at first, I'm not sure the community is really going to utilize these heroes vs all the others we have. I'll hold final judgement until I see what their abilities will be, but I highly doubt I'll end up using them much.

I would have preferred many other characters to be added as heroes, or if you were going to do any droids.......R2-D2, and to be funny, 3PO on a B1 battle droid body from AOTC would have been hilarious. Not sure if this was a community request or not to add BB8 and 9e, but from what I've already read in the comments here, not very well received. Might be a miss here.
  • curious how the droids will be implemented, at the very least they will be a novelty and not just another saber or blaster hero that duplicates existing saber/blaster heroes

dual wielding saber would be good for a future update though
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • Which month is Crait coming? Can it please have the inside and outside as you can’t have a legit battle without all the areas.
  • curious how the droids will be implemented, at the very least they will be a novelty and not just another saber or blaster hero that duplicates existing saber/blaster heroes

dual wielding saber would be good for a future update though

I have been thinking they may come as part of a new game mode 🤔
  • Versatti wrote: »
    As for the resistance spy.......Disney just recently brought this character to Galaxy's edge park "Rebel Spy"
    vlywbw9jmini.png

So probably not to far off that.....I'd guess!

Because the one thing a good spy is in need of is a jacket containing the enemy logo. :D

yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's what they are!
  • BB-8? Seriously?
    You know what I'm fine with this because now C3P0 has a chance!
    I clicked on the wrong forums help
  • There goes all hope of ever seeing Ahsoka and Ventress in BF2. Not to mention the ever so cold shoulder towards the Original Trilogy as far as co-op, at least.

BB8? Really guys--?!
    Thanks for nothing, DICE.

So this comment is very wrong. Ashoka and Ventress are likely coming in February along with TCW season 7. Also the OT CS and OT Co-op is coming in March sooo?

Wow, didn't realise you were so well informed .. that's nearly all great news

Its called using logic. Its possibly we might not get Ashoka or Ventress but Im 90% sure were getting PT content in Feb. Also OT CS has to happen if they did ST CS

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Bruh they have to be messing with us. THOSE are the heroes?!?
  • I love everything about this update...........except BB8 and BB9e.....while seeing these two battle it out on the battlefield will be funny to see at first, I'm not sure the community is really going to utilize these heroes vs all the others we have. I'll hold final judgement until I see what their abilities will be, but I highly doubt I'll end up using them much.

I would have preferred many other characters to be added as heroes, or if you were going to do any droids.......R2-D2, and to be funny, 3PO on a B1 battle droid body from AOTC would have been hilarious. Not sure if this was a community request or not to add BB8 and 9e, but from what I've already read in the comments here, not very well received. Might be a miss here.

Probably just going to be like R2D2 from battlefront 1, but in rolling form and able to move faster.

Probably more of like a support character with the ability to shock people up close.
  • Four(4) new Reinforcements! Wow..thank you for that DICE. I cannot wait.
    Please include the new map for BLAST as well, Since it's coming to HvV already, it will be easier to adapt it to a small map format like Blast for example. Blast community wants the new map too DICE!
  • Gholin wrote: »
    Since the game is so far into its life cycle, could you please next consider adding offline and bot support for all game modes?

Also, right now, finding matches is difficult and having slots filled by bots until players can arrive would really help games always being available. Starfighter mode also desperately needs bots to fill in when the sides are lopsided.

Arcade and Instant Action really need galactic assault and capital supremacy modes added in! They are kinda boring not having vehicles and other objectives.

THIS^^

Also,
    If you “upgrade” to the Celebration Edition do you receive credits back for skins/emotes/content you’ve already purchased?

• I'm fairly certain that BB-8 and BB-9E will use the same rolling mechanics as the Droidekas