criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• Lucas12810 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy a whole new game?!?!

Only if you don't have the deluxe version. If you have standard version for example a small fee will be required.
  • Trooper lovers rejoice.
  • Exodus425 wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that BB-8 and BB-9E will use the same rolling mechanics as the Droidekas

Yep what the game really needed........droideka like heroes. That roll all over the place super fast and are hard to get.

Hopefully since they are adding these characters they don't roll around quite as fast as the droidekas.......I can already see a ton of people quitting out of games because people are just doing laps around the map as the droids in HvV.
  • Pffft...👎🏻
  • Regarding the new map, I am pretty sure if it comes to HvV it will come to Blast as well, right DICE?
  • All right, plans for January and February intrigue me the most, not a fan of ST but I like having more choice, what bugs me though is the new map only coming to Coop and HvH, but I'm pretty confident it will get added to more modes, so overall satisfied. If the various combat related issues are resolved I'll be a happy player.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    No TLJ skins ? I'd get it if it was part of only a preorder. But since it was also part of an "upgrade" which this edition basically is, I really don't get it.

Besides you decided to switch off the Elite upgrade, not us.

Agreed. This is the ONE thing that annoys me.
  • So is the death star 1 in the picture just a thing for the art or are we actually going to be receiving it in some from soon?

Look closer, its death star 2 from jedi. Already in the game.
  • Outstanding news!!!

This is an absolutely awesome update! I'm so glad you are expanding on Co-op and Capital Supremacy. These are the best modes in the game IMO, and a breath of fresh air. As much fun as Clone Wars has been, we need more maps and eras in the rotations.

I'm definitely picking up the upgrade to this edition. $24.99 is well worth it.

Again, amazing work, DICE!! You should truly be proud of how far this game has come. The past is the past. Focus on the future. It looks very bright for Star Wars Battlefront!
  • realta333 wrote: »

Poe's a pilot in the movies so he's a pilot in the game...

READ BELOW......

Earlier I posted a thread stating.......the only reason we probably didn't get Poe and Hux as heroes and droids instead must be because Hux is revealed as a resistance spy in this movie. Which a lot of rumors stated was going to happen.

I went and googled resistance characters today and look who is now labeled as a resistance character now in Star Wars!
    kkihvc74khls.png

I wonder if this means that the reinforcement character "Resistance Spy" is just going to be Hux?

Leave out the moderation discussion~Rtas

• I also gotta say I'd love to see some ST skins for Luke and Han. Old Luke would be kick-****.
  • Wow that's poor. I paid 100 bucks to get this **** and i pre-ordered but now i, of course, have to pay an additional 25 bucks to play the full Version of the game which i though i pre-ordered to years ago by buying the deluxe Edition. But of course it's not a season pass, it's just an Upgrade for the game. I'm disappointed.
  • Oh my god It's Amazing 🤩 but i have a question.
    How much will cost the celebration edition if i had already Bought the elite trooper edition ?
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    No TLJ skins ? I'd get it if it was part of only a preorder. But since it was also part of an "upgrade" which this edition basically is, I really don't get it.

Besides you decided to switch off the Elite upgrade, not us.

Agreed. This is the ONE thing that annoys me.

No body uses those skins anyway......their super ugly. Especially Kylo's! You'll sometimes see Rey's but barely. Don't fret about it so much. The rest of the skins are WAY cooler!
  • Most of what I expected has been announced in this update. What I wasn't expecting and am disappointed with, is the choice of the two new 'heroes'. What has BB-9E done that warrants it being a 'hero'? Same with BB-8. There's nothing heroic about them. I'd rather have a Knight of Ren or Snoke on the dark side with the light side being Janna Tammok or Zorii Bliss. Different and unique characters. Instead we get two nearly identical roly-poly's that have no feats and nearly no significance.
  • Wow that's poor. I paid 100 bucks to get this ***** and i pre-ordered but now i, of course, have to pay an additional 25 bucks to play the full Version of the game which i though i pre-ordered to years ago by buying the deluxe Edition. But of course it's not a season pass, it's just an Upgrade for the game. I'm disappointed.

0qi8xtdjg3cs.gif

No you don't have to buy this to keep playing the game....you can keep playing the game for free right now and after the Celebration edition comes out.

CELEBRATION EDITION.........is for new people or people that just joined the game that want to get most all the skins all at once and and emotes all at once without having to pay a bunch of separate crystal fee purchases to get all the them.....or grind years to get all them like everyone else has done!
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    Regarding the new map, I am pretty sure if it comes to HvV it will come to Blast as well, right DICE?

That's what HvV players thought would happen to Crait.....but here we are two years later and still no Crait HvV map!
  • vonVile
    474 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    EbeesYT wrote: »
    How is BB-8 gonna be a hero? What abilities would he even have?!? If this is true I can’t wait to see BB-8 kill Kylo Ren!

Zappping?

Ball Charge?

Blowtorch?

I honestly have no idea. Maybe he'll be a team buff hero?

He'll be like a speederbike and just run over everybody or just touch them to get kills.
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    Lucas12810 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy a whole new game?!?!

Only if you don't have the deluxe version. If you have standard version for example a small fee will be required.

No incorrect

the CELEBRATION EDITION is just for people to collect most all the skins and emotes if they just joined the game, without having to pay a bunch of separate crystal fees or having to spend a year of grinding to unlock most all content via credits.
  • Honestly pretty damn exited. Hopefully this means we will see OT capital supremacy at some point and adding the droids is a neat idea. We don't have any heroes like them so I think they are really going to add a new and unique play style and I'm all for it. Also, I'm hoping to upgrade to the celebration edition in the coming days! Hope it helps you guys out!
  • Great news! Tks for the hard work:). Please adapt the new map and Felucia for Galactic Assault it would give a new breath to this mode that a lot of peolple love!
  • Wow that's poor. I paid 100 bucks to get this ***** and i pre-ordered but now i, of course, have to pay an additional 25 bucks to play the full Version of the game which i though i pre-ordered to years ago by buying the deluxe Edition. But of course it's not a season pass, it's just an Upgrade for the game. I'm disappointed.

You don't HAVE to pay anything???
  • @F8RGE will Crait at some point come to CS, Instant Action, and Co-OP?
  • Baby Yoda and the Mandalorian next! 2avtr9abpfi5.gif
  • I still don't get why the November update was held back? What am I missing?
  • Well that's great stuff.
    The celebration edition is a cool idea, but idk about that price point guys :# as you said going into year 3, I mean I hope you sell em to help keep your lights on... Idk :#
  • K4152
    140 posts Member
    BB8 as a hero ? why? should have been Padmé
  • I wanted kijimi as the new planet, out of possible heroes you had to choose BB-8 and BB-9E why not just include Poe and Hux and have those droids be an ability for them to use like phasma’s turret. Also what classes will the new reinforcements be in
  • BB8 but why?

They could have easily made exec stormtroopers.

And BB8 could have been integrated more creatively by making POE a hero then making BB8 a supporting element fighting alongside him.
    That'd be such a unique hero cause we haven't had any 2 man squad hero unit where Droids can be utilized in hacking of vehicles turrets etc such as Iden's Droid in story campaign.

Also why it's too hard to integrate maps from 2015 and other maps that aren't used in GA to GA?

Man, I love getting updates and I appreciate the work regardless but when we get lazy and non-creative cheap updates like this, it's getting on my nerves.

Like, you could have easily make Poe and Hux and/or Snoke instead of BB series. BB-8 as I said could be a supportive two man squad integration for Poe.

You could have introduced Rex, Cody, Ahsoka, Ventress, Cad Bane, Durge and even Jango Fett Skin perhaps. Or even import 2015 rogue one content. So that's why I'm complaining about laziness and taking the easy way out with those updates. Like it's been months since we got a large scale update...

Where's the battle-damaged Vader skin? Chancellor Palpatine Skin from ep3?
    There are a lot of easy stuff that you can make that can make us happy!
    Where in the world did community request BB8 as a hero when there are tons of other viable and logical options standing out there right at your nose?
  • Interested to see how BB-8 and BB-9E work as heroes and whether they can hold their own in a 1v1... assuming they'll also be on the HvV roster... hopefully they'll be fun to play and not under/over powered.

Still no love for GA though and after 2 years only 1 new map. I'm glad those that enjoy CS get new content - but for all the players that still love & play this games "flagship" (and IMO more superior) mode, we have seen basically nothing.
    CS (and now Co-Op) in under 12 months has 5 new maps with 4 more to come (again omitting Crait from this mode for some reason) - yet GA is ignored

When will GA get new content please DICE?
  • Alwe15
    2174 posts Member
    If I'm honest, I'm sold on the Sequels inclusion to Coop...it gives me hope that we'll be receiving OT Coop maps and gives me the opportunity to slay some bots using different units 👍🏼

I am disappointed to see absolutely no mention of SFA and it looks like GA is joining the heap alongside Extraction, Strike & Blast. Welcome.

New Heroes 🤷🏼‍♂️ whatever really. More characters for me to rarely pick lol

Celebration Edition - another meh. I'm not desperate enough for skins to fork out another twenty quid tbh.

I'm certainly intrigued by the new Reinforcements though.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION
    5yivndl0tgfr.jpg

After two years of updates to the game we’ve decided to give Star Wars fans an easy way to access all that content, which is why we’re introducing the Star Wars™ Battlefront II - Celebration Edition.

The short version is this: The Celebration Edition will deliver instant access to every Hero Appearance, Trooper Appearance, Emote, Voice Line and Victory Pose available in Star Wars Battlefront II that can be unlocked with Credits or Crystals, including new content coming in December with our The Rise of Skywalker Update. Simply head on over to the collection menu and they’ll be ready and waiting.

Want to play as Anakin in his General Skywalker Attire? Go ahead. Feel like playing as Boushh Leia? The choice is yours.

What you get
    • Base game with all past and future free updates
    • 150+ Appearances, including 6 Legendary Appearances
    • 100+ Emotes
    • 90+ Victory Poses

What isn’t included
    • Experience and Star Card progression, this will need to be unlocked via regular gameplay.
    • The Last Jedi appearances for Kylo and Rey, as these remain exclusive for players who pre-ordered, and owners of the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition.
    • Customization options that can only be obtained via special in-game events such as Leia Princess of Alderaan or the Farmboy Luke appearances.

The Celebration Edition launches tomorrow (December 5th) and will be available as a digital download across all three platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Origin.

If you’re new to Star Wars Battlefront II then the Celebration Edition will retail for $39.99*. For those already playing Star Wars Battlefront II and wishing to upgrade, you will be able to do so for $24.99*.

For those of you with Origin Access Premier: Good news, the Star Wars Battlefront II Celebration Edition will be included as part of your ongoing subscription.

The Rise of Skywalker Update
    a0htwj9r7aya.jpg

The next update for Star Wars Battlefront II is titled The Rise of Skywalker and as you might have guessed, it focuses on content around the upcoming, highly anticipated film.

So what’s coming in the update? First off we have a brand-new jungle planet. You might have caught a glimpse of this jungle like planet in the last trailer for Star Wars™: The Rise of Skywalker™. We’re bringing this planet to Co-Op in December, where you’ll be playing as either the Resistance or First Order as the conflict spreads to this tropical paradise. It will also be coming to Heroes Vs. Villains.

A new planet is great but we’ve also previously mentioned new reinforcements, and this month we have four brand new ones arriving into the game, split evenly between the Resistance and the First Order.

Joining the ranks of the First Order will be the Sith Trooper, a merciless trooper excelling in speed and advanced weaponry to hunt down and destroy anyone that stands in their way.

Alongside the Sith Trooper will be the First Order Jet Trooper that has received new training and jetpack equipment to achieve dominance over the Resistance . Achieve aerial superiority over the Resistance by using your grenade-attachment enhanced blaster rifle as you dodge, hover and maneuver through the air.

Taking up arms for the Resistance will be the Gunner and Spy unit. These are two new alien species from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Since the release of Co-Op, one of the big requests was focused around bringing new eras to the mode. This month we can confirm that the Sequel Trilogy will be arriving into Co-Op across the following maps: Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and our new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet.

New appearances are also on the way. Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren will all be receiving a brand new appearance based on The Rise of Skywalker. These appearances will be available to everyone who owns the Celebration Edition, and also for credits and crystals.

The release of this update is ever so slightly different when compared to previous ones. It goes live on December 17, with one exception to this rule, the new planet, which joins our planetary rotations from December 20.

Into the New Year
    jc7cv38p1wdi.png

It’s incredible to think we’re already in year 3 of the game’s life. With 2019 fast coming to a close our attention now turns towards what’s next.

In January, we will continue with Sequel Trilogy content as we will bring it to both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy. This includes the Resistance MC85 and First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.

Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E

We’re already thinking about February and March, and we’ll be back closer to the time with all the details on what to expect.

From all of us on the Star Wars Battlefront II team: Thank you for being a part of this journey and we look forward to seeing you in-game over the holiday season.

May the Force be with You
    The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

The future content roadmap may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible. For more information, please refer to EA’s Online Service Updates at https://www.ea.com/service-updates.

*EA’s RRP

• Alabestarbrown
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Well I was thinking that I could buy the celebration edition but if it doest bring the skins for Kylo and Rey from episode 8 IS NOT WORTHY.

And BB8 and BB9E... Really? I don´t even know which droid is. I really hope this droid heroes will be only available in a new game mode, like R2 in the prevoius BF. I mean, I would rather Poe or Hux for new Heroes
    But Im really looking foward to Ashoka and Ventress, and MACE WINDU, but I know is more difficult to get.

The good news are the skins for Kylo, Rey and Finn and the new planet, the new Ships and the reinforcements, I thanks fot that. EA I hope you keep doing actualizations but do not lose your horizon with this kind of actualizations or new heroes like this.

Besides that thanks for all the love you are giving to the game! May the force be with you!
    Post edited by Alabestarbrown on
  • Ok I guess, but there are so many potetial heros that you guys havent even touched like Jango Fett, Padme Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Asage Ventress, Jyn Erso, Director Krennek, or any of the other clone wars or classic era charaters, ships, and bounty hunters. It would also be nice if EA could add sequel skins for Luke Lea and Han as well as classic Obi wan for those of us that have ocd and like to play with era appropriate characters.
  • Brand new weapon in this update againts new droid heroes.100K credits cost.9qggkh561gu1.jpg
  • So some droids get to be heros but we cant have asoka or captin rex !!!!
  • This is rediculus
  • I think this is one of the most interestings and odd additions to the game. I am very, very curious to see those little balls abilities going against saber heroes! This should be funny as hell in HvV and CS, players trying to hit those little droids running around like Speedy Gonzales. LOL

wnatcnnd1bcc.gif
  • Zyder wrote: »
    Yeah, another Jungle/Forest map, because the icy planet was not epic....

You don't know squat yet.

Exagol will probably come to the game, just be patient.
  • How would one play as BB-8 against a jedi?
    e84ttdd2t3o9.gif
  • I'm very disappointed. Yeah the Sithtroopers are cool and i´m hyped for CS in the sequel trilogy.
    But what is with Galactic assault?? Its the best mode and i think the most famous, but their are no new maps for this mode in 2019 and in believe you don´t want to do more for them!
    You bring a new map for heroes vs villains and coop but i think not much are interrestet in this.
    Why a second Jump trooper for the first order?? Why no executioner or pretorian guards??
    And then the worst: the community wants new heroes like Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Ashoka, Ventres, Cal Castis or the Second Sister... And what give you us? BB8 and a stupid droid nobody cares about. Really? I hope this is just a stupid joke. There are even better heroes for the sequels like Poe Demeron or Hux and not two Stupid fotball droids!
    You have done a great job with the Clone Wars, because you gave the community what they wants (commandos, Droidekas, new skinns), so please keep it up and give us new maps for GA and good heroes and not such a ****!
  • BigSwaggy88
    653 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Am I the only one who doesn’t think BB8 and BB9-E will work? I honestly don’t like their as their are better options
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t think BB8 and BB9-E will work? I honestly don’t like their as their are better options

Everything in me wants to say it's a joke the devs are playing. Watching the development of this game is like watching Sony and Star Wars Galaxies all over again.
  • My question is: CRAIT, WHEN? I need so much the CRAIT map to COOP, IA AND CS, and put new SHIPS and VEHICLES in resistance and the first order. And AI VEHICLES IN INSTANT ACTION!!!!!!

Thanks for hear me, DICE.
  • So is the death star 1 in the picture just a thing for the art or are we actually going to be receiving it in some from soon?

that's the death star 2 lol
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t think BB8 and BB9-E will work? I honestly don’t like their as their are better options

If incorporated with all current hero's I can understand the reservations... But.... What if.. the droid hero's drop as part of a brand new game mode?
  • BB8? That's hilarious :)
  • UrbanGlitch
    3638 posts Member
    edited December 2019

[deleted]
  • I hope the BB8 BB9e as heroes it's a joke...