criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• theleebryan
    723 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Delete🙃
  • Droids must be transformers in the movie, nothing else makes sense.
  • i blame this game for Brexit tbh
  • Here's my real question.....will we ever get Jedi Master Luke (flashback skin)
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • BB 8 as a hero? So.. I'll see bb-8 vs Darth Vader? Wtf :s
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    BB 8 as a hero? So.. I'll see bb-8 vs Darth Vader? Wtf :s

I agree
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • This sounds awesome! New reinforcements, maps and new trilogy content! I'm so excited for BB-8 as a hero. I think people need to be more open to new ideas and stop banging down the door with their own special requests for heroes and villains sometimes. Granted I wanted Ashoka in the game since June of 2019, but it's not the end of the world.

Great job DICE and Battlefront Team. See you on the Battlefront

"We will watch your career with great interest!"
  • How does the celebration edition work if you have the physical copy of the game? Is there an in game purchase that unlocks all the skins without having to delete and download the digital copy of the game?
  • Everything sounds pretty cool, but BB-8 and BB-9E? That sounds really awful. How are they gonna defend against lightsabers? And hitting them with blaster bolts is going to be a nightmare. I’ll try and stay optimistic but what’s next, baby yoda?
    hdn1x6vb0cn7.jpeg
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t think BB8 and BB9-E will work? I honestly don’t like their as their are better options

If incorporated with all current hero's I can understand the reservations... But.... What if.. the droid hero's drop as part of a brand new game mode?

Guys you are going to need to open your minds about the new hero's.
  • Will we get credits for duplicated items in the Celebration Edition?
  • Neyu wrote: »
    BB8 as a hero, what a ***** joke, also maps for CO-OP ... give us GA maps which is the most played mode, I wonder what's happening in your brain sometimes

CS, not GA, is the most played mode. It has been since it launched.
  • Everything sounds pretty cool, but BB-8 and BB-9E? That sounds really awful. How are they gonna defend against lightsabers? And hitting them with blaster bolts is going to be a nightmare. I’ll try and stay optimistic but what’s next, baby yoda?
    hdn1x6vb0cn7.jpeg

He'd slay with cuteness
  • What time exactly does this change go live?

Regards,
    A very confused Australian trying to figure out time zones
    uxrhoxj9g8dd.gif
  • DarthZestyLemon
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    OMG I GET TO SCOOT AROUND AS BB-8!!

This is the Christmas gift I never knew I wanted :blush:

Just please let one of his emotes be this.. s2hh76qu9xuz.gif
  • OMG I'd really like this were a Joke BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes? Its unbelievable
    Do you prefer This droids over than Windu and Jango Fett? Or Jyn Erso and Krennic there are so many Characters and you choose 2 droids? Thrawn, Ventress, Qui Gon Jinn, Ahsoka Tano.
    But we'll it's only my opinion if you're happy with this two new Heroes great Enjoy it
    And if you like me are unsatisfied I just really hope this two droids have an hability to auto-destruction it'll be FUN.

May The Force Be With You
    And Long Live Baby Yoda (A Great Hero Will Be This One)
  • OMG I'd really like this were a Joke BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes? Its unbelievable
    Do you prefer This droids over than Windu and Jango Fett? Or Jyn Erso and Krennic there are so many Characters and you choose 2 droids? Thrawn, Ventress, Qui Gon Jinn, Ahsoka Tano.
    But we'll it's only my opinion if you're happy with this two new Heroes great Enjoy it
    And if you like me are unsatisfied I just really hope this two droids have an hability to auto-destruction it'll be FUN.

To be honest... The news of the droid heroes is more exciting and has me looking forward with anticipation more than any of the ones you mentioned would.

To be honest... The news of the droid heroes is more exciting and has me looking forward with anticipation more than any of the ones you mentioned would.

I do agree as well sounds a little goofy maybe but we all need some fun. Omg that sounds so fun!

Accept I agree I'd love to play as Qui Gon. He's the forgotten hero nobody seems to be talking about :/
  • I am really excited how the droids style of play fit in the game. Can’t wait. Great job guys!
  • bb8 will drop marbles on the ground to knock people down as his main ability. His second ability will be to shoot poker chips at you while your down. His third ability will be to reformat your hard drive.
  • I'm glad new things are being added, but I can't help but think I'm getting bent over on this one. I hope after January you can move away from the sequel trilogy and focus on the good parts of star wars. Ive been told you're on a budget and you're doing your best to keep the game going, but BB-8 and a villain droid? Seems like a waste of time and money. Take a look at the old battlefront games on the older consoles and just remake those. The disappointment I feel can't even be expressed with words.
  • I can't wait to see the HvV scoreboards and see BB8 dominating everyone.
  • And what happens to the people that bought the game in physical???
  • DonKain83
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Terrible update. Then again, I don't expect anything form this dev team from a "AAA" studio.

I find funny the fact that F8RGE claims that the communication with the community is at an all time high, but I don't think anyone (not even the hardcore DICE fanboys) requested BB8 and the other droid, the most underwhelming characters in the last movies, to be added as heroes. And a brand new map coming to co-op on a game that is mainly marketed as multiplayer. Rolf. The MP version of the map will probably come in 2025 or something like that, or "Soon" as F8RGE would say it.

Terrible. Just terrible. I didn't expect anything and you guys still let me down. How do these people still have jobs is beyond me.
  • this is the "hold my beer" to the most down voted post in reddit history.
  • Interesting update. Rather underwhelming to be sure.
    I guess after Disney saw that in 2 years all EA did was make a PT game, they didn't put much more money into this game huh? I wouldn't. It does little to celebrate the 42 years of the saga, only the PT.
    If EA REALLY wants my $39, then don't offer window dressing, give me the BF2015 maps to play on, Mando and Jin Erson as heroes. Inferno Squad Spec Ops characters and OT skins for the imp troopers. THEN you'll see my money!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Perhaps I should stay within the existing class structure and ask for Inferno Squad as "Infiltrators" for the Imps to go along with the Rebel "Spy" Infiltrator.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • We got BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes.

WE GOT BB-8 AND BB-9E AS HEROES.

Is that real? Is this some joke?

its a joke
  • Because the game I paid 80 USD for that has been the most broken buggiest thing ive ever played needs to charge me an addition 25 to get the skins? I grinded for hours to get shattered armor, and now someone can just drop 25 on it... Thanks EA.
    Now the rest of it looks good! That's the EA I know and love. You still ruined HvVs, but you've turned the rest of the game into something worth my $80. Well done.
  • We need more split screen content.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Bro was tht jango coming to battlefront ll!? P.S Bb8 rocks
  • A lo mejor los de DICE no saben inglés (y solo sueco) y no toman en cuenta nuestras propuestas para el juego; por eso su "actualizaciones" son una tomada de pelo para todos.

Son unos hipócritas "escuchamos lo que nos dicen... leemos sus mensajes... bla bla bla" y son unos inútiles en ese sentido.

Tengo muchos mensajes borrados porque son unas niñas de 2 años que no aguantan las palabras de nosotros como clientes de su producto.

Solo les digo... a chingar a su madre con sus "transmisiones de comunidad", son cosas sin sentido que solo hacen molestar a muchos de nosotros sino es que a todos.

Saludos y besos en el nudo de globo para todos ustedes, DICE.
  • I've tried so hard to stick with this game since launch (pre-order) after all the stupid decisions, but making Heroes out of Astromech Droids just might be enough for me. You mean to tell me we missed out on characters like Mace Windu with his unique Vaapad and Shatterpoint abilities for droids built to perform maintenance duties. I swear it feels like yall done nothing but troll since launch.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4933 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Nemo1999 wrote: »
    I've tried so hard to stick with this game since launch (pre-order) after all the stupid decisions, but making Heroes out of Astromech Droids just might be enough for me. You mean to tell me we missed out on characters like Mace Windu with his unique Vaapad and Shatterpoint abilities for droids built to perform maintenance duties. I swear it feels like yall done nothing but troll since launch.

If only...
  • If I am using Xbox homeshare will this also apply to other users on my home Xbox or only my account?
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    No TLJ skins ? I'd get it if it was part of only a preorder. But since it was also part of an "upgrade" which this edition basically is, I really don't get it.

Besides you decided to switch off the Elite upgrade, not us.

I pre-ordered the game and I agree with you. I think even the "special" TLJ skins should be purchasable for a reasonable amount of credits.
  • As for the resistance spy.......Disney just recently brought this character to Galaxy's edge park "Rebel Spy"
    vlywbw9jmini.png

So probably not to far off that.....I'd guess!

Whats with all the colorful hair highlights in Star Wars all of sudden? Looks extremely out of place.
  • DonKain83 wrote: »
    Terrible update. Then again, I don't expect anything form this dev team from a "AAA" studio.

I find funny the fact that F8RGE claims that the communication with the community is at an all time high, but I don't think anyone (not even the hardcore DICE fanboys) requested BB8 and the other droid, the most underwhelming characters in the last movies, to be added as heroes. And a brand new map coming to co-op on a game that is mainly marketed as multiplayer. Rolf. The MP version of the map will probably come in 2025 or something like that, or "Soon" as F8RGE would say it.

Terrible. Just terrible. I didn't expect anything and you guys still let me down. How do these people still have jobs is beyond me.

Map will be available for coop and hvv in December then it joins CS the following month alongside the other ST maps
  • Nemo1999 wrote: »
    I've tried so hard to stick with this game since launch (pre-order) after all the stupid decisions, but making Heroes out of Astromech Droids just might be enough for me. You mean to tell me we missed out on characters like Mace Windu with his unique Vaapad and Shatterpoint abilities for droids built to perform maintenance duties. I swear it feels like yall done nothing but troll since launch.

Though maybe the reason why they didn't add mace windu is because the only possible saber hero counter would most likely be savage oppress, but savage is literally an exact copy of maul, he's just taller, bigger and different colored, and he has a double bladed saber like maul, so we can't have two double saber wielders that are almost the same, with most likely similar abilities running around the map, something would have to change, either maul only uses one blade, and savage uses two, or maul keeps his two blades and they just don't add savage oppress at all, but then mace would have no counter, so it's difficult to add mace either way, especially since they don't add blaster hero with saber hero, it would have to be a saber hero that counters mace.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    BB-8 and BB-9E becoming heroes shows how much of a joke the developers have become.
    Decent update nonetheless.

It's true that the BBs don't at first seem like good hero choices, but should definitely bring a unique play style to the game - so it could be great for variety

Also, the heroes as they are now are not remotely designed based on their power in lore - so it's not so weird - there is no evidence Finn or Lando should be good warriors - no blaster user should have a change against any force user - etc

Both Finn ( a whole ex-stormtrooper) and Lando were present in major battles. What are you on about? So because force users don't stomp everything in sight that justifies astromech droids engaging enemies on the frontlines? AS HEROES?
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    masontcarr wrote: »
    What will happen to the existing First Order Rocket Trooper that's in the game right now?

They fly now? THEY FLY NOW

Maybe the First Order Jet Trooper might be an extra reinforcement for the Aerial class maybe.

I'm positive its just a rework. LMAO
  • How long till the update goes live?
    g84rfzbahuzp.gif
    What will happen to the existing First Order Rocket Trooper that's in the game right now?

Maybe the First Order Jet Trooper might be an extra reinforcement for the Aerial class maybe.

No it’s a separate reinforcement. The first order will have two reinforcements that can fly
  • W
    OMG I'd really like this were a Joke BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes? Its unbelievable

Why would those characters be added during an update about the sequel trilogy 🤔

No it’s a separate reinforcement. The first order will have two reinforcements that can fly

Well i hope the new jet trooper has jetpack fuel, instead of flying for three seconds in the air like our existing aerial units, it should stand out from the other units. I wonder if this new jet trooper will have sith jetpack trooper as a skin.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

Well i hope the new jet trooper has jetpack fuel, instead of flying for three seconds in the air like our existing aerial units, it should stand out from the other units. I wonder if this new jet trooper will have sith jetpack trooper as a skin.

It is. They’ve said something about changing the way all jetpacks work I think? It’ll have unique abilities and fly differently so rest assured
  • Honestly I think 70% of people in this thread are being obnoxious. They are doing a fantastic job and everyone still hates on them.

Well the people behind this game have my support!
    They turned a disaster into a masterpiece, and they deserve way better than to be called a bunch of talentless hacks.

Be grateful for the continued support of this game I say 🙌
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

It is. They’ve said something about changing the way all jetpacks work I think? It’ll have unique abilities and fly differently so rest assured

Oh thank goodness. It'll be like the droideka, since the droideka is unique because it's the only reinforcement with different abilities and can roll around. I also hope they kinda rework the rocket launcher ability for the aerial class, i mean the clone jet pack trooper has three jet pack missiles in the jet pack, but instead the clone pulls out a random rocket launcher out of magic. So, i think the clone jet trooper should be able to use his rockets instead of the rocket launcher, in which he can fire them more often but it would do less damage, and maybe some kind of are rocket for the other aerial units, i just think the rocket launcher ability needs to be reworked.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • When are they gonna have Jango Fett?
  • When are they gonna have Jango Fett?

Well.... the devs said that we wouldn't be getting any other jet pack villain until there is a LS jet pack hero to counter. I which there is sabine wren a mandalorian from the rebels show, which is really the only known jetpack hero.
    rcar0gljuaad.png