criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Celebration Edition & The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• "Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E"

You are kidding, right? I mean, it must be a joke or a hint. Otherwise i can't understand and support such a stupid decision.
  • I’m looking forward to this update. I like Co-Op a lot, but have been bored of clone wars heroes for a while now so I stopped playing it. Thank you!
  • maybe they will be deployable assets. Wasnt there a similar mechanic in BF15?
  • Is it possible that this is is not the full scope of what we're getting? Maybe they really cant say more as it will spoil the movie? Maybe when the update drops we will have a few surprises...
  • Happy to see more maps and eras coming to instant action! I'll be playing it more as more content drops. :) Any news about AI vehicles?
  • More Co-op yessssssss
  • JMaster
    2535 posts Member
    This is... I'm just... what?

Okay, first off: New map. Unnamed Jungle Location 1 (seriously, the movie's 2 weeks away, I'm not gonna cry about getting the name of the planet spoiled) seemingly only being available in CO-OP and HvV is embarrassing. Why can't new maps be put in all the main modes? Having the map in CS, GA, Blast, Strike, Extraction etc shouldn't be something to wait months for.

I'm up for new reinforcements, but I feel like there could've been better choices. The Jet Trooper should've just been a skin for the current FO jumptrooper, and I'd much rather see a Guard/Protector melee class, including Riot and/or Praetorian Guards. Still, nice to give them something, I guess...

I've got nothing really to say about the skin bundle thing, I guess it's neat they're trying for a re-launch, but... I've no interest in it.

But then- in the last few lines of the transmission- you say something that is just absolutely bonkers to me. BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes? Are y'all actually serious? Of all the characters to add, of all the requests for content that people have asked, no- begged for, you put aside time for the droid sidekicks are full-on heroes? Those guys would work as abilities for like Poe or Hux, in a number of ways. They could be a simple ranged attack/stun that rolls out to enemies, AI droids that hover around Poe or Hux to cover them if someone gets to close, or- and this is my favorite option- they're both of those, as well as being able to be taken over by a teammate, similar to R2 on Battle Station in the previous game. But no. We get two characters that almost *no one* asked for, which brings me over nicely to my last point.

How many times do people have to ask for certain things before y'all just completely shut us down? Where are the weapons for the base infantry classes? How about support or maps for your other modes, like Extraction, Galactic Assault, or Starfighter Assault? Or even, how about new modes or ones ported over from Battlefront 2015? What about any number of balancing changes or bug fixes that have been asked for? But no, the ball droids just have to be made...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • I just want release Last Jedi skin :(
  • ConradXu wrote: »
    I just want release Last Jedi skin :(

never gonna come, my apologies
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • jonci
    1354 posts Member
    upxhwa0l31vg.jpg Sums it all up i suppose

• It seems DICE hates Star Wars and is only giving us prequel and sequel content, but almost nothing about true Star Wars, the OT. Ok guys.
  • Aidor wrote: »
    It seems DICE hates Star Wars and is only giving us prequel and sequel content, but almost nothing about true Star Wars, the OT. Ok guys.

A little narrow minded. OT is my favourite too but I pretty much love all star wars and the game is a celebration of all of it ... well.. should be ..... a couple of minor exceptions I do not agree with but thats all.

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

As long as we have those things I will always identify it as Star Wars and love it.

Where it moves away from Star Wars and I lose interest:

Battle droids (dumb)
    Clone/Droid 'Commandos' (ridiculous)
    Luminous foliage (Even more ridiculous)
    multicolored storm trooper outfits (unnecessary)
    animation (spoils immersion)

So far the PT/Disney has stuck with what's right, ie list 1 and so a decent job so far.
  • It dumbfounds me that when they designed these new maps ie: Geonosis, Felucia, new Jungle Planet etc they couldnt take into consideration other game modes and create areas of the map that could be suited for Extraction or Strike or Blast etc. If they can cordon off parts of these maps for HvV then why the hell not for Extraction??
    It seems DICE hates Star Wars and is only giving us prequel and sequel content, but almost nothing about true Star Wars, the OT. Ok guys.

A little narrow minded. OT is my favourite too but I pretty much love all star wars and the game is a celebration of all of it ... well.. should be ..... a couple of minor exceptions I do not agree with but thats all.

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

As long as we have those things I will always identify it as Star Wars and love it.

Battle droids (dumb)

So far the PT/Disney has stuck with what's right, ie list 1 and so a decent job so far.

🤔😂
  • UNBELIEVABLE... U guys puts all your efforts to make a CO-OP MAP and BB-8 as hero? HAHAHA

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

Battle droids (dumb)

I agree with your tastes about droids, clone commandos, multicolored etc, and what 'Star Wars is'. And I understand that it is a game about the three eras, but I cannot understand this disproportion between the content of some with respect to the OT. I've been months with the game uninstalled precisely for this. Who likes the prequel and the sequel, I'm glad for him. I don't like them at all, nothing. And we all know that there are many Star Wars fans that think so.

Yesterday I installed it and what do I find? That this disproportion has increased even more. OT is the heart of Star Wars. It is illogical and absurd to have the least content yet. And I will not talk about other decisions of the game, such as limiting the maps to some eras or game modes and etc. I don't understand these guys from DICE, and patience runs out.

These are my first two messages here. I have been quiet and enduring since the game came out, but after two years the patience is over and I need to say all this. Surely all this has already been spoken in this forum many times, but I needed to say it even once.
    Aidor wrote: »

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

Battle droids (dumb)

I agree with your tastes about droids, clone commandos, multicolored etc, and what 'Star Wars is'. And I understand that it is a game about the three eras, but I cannot understand this disproportion between the content of some with respect to the OT. I've been months with the game uninstalled precisely for this. Who likes the prequel and the sequel, I'm glad for him. I don't like them at all, nothing. And we all know that there are many Star Wars fans that think so.

Yesterday I installed it and what do I find? That this disproportion has increased even more. OT is the heart of Star Wars. It is illogical and absurd to have the least content yet. And I will not talk about other decisions of the game, such as limiting the maps to some eras or game modes and etc. I don't understand these guys from DICE, and patience runs out.

These are my first two messages here. I have been quiet and enduring since the game came out, but after two years the patience is over and I need to say all this. Surely all this has already been spoken in this forum many times, but I needed to say it even once.

I wouldn't disagree with you mate. The post launch support has done nothing with the OT unfortunately.
  • I think atleast the ones that bought the deluxe edition should get all of this content we didnt get much at all when we bought the deluxe edition just a few cards some appearances and thats all... We were obviously the ones that paid the most and the ones that supported you the most...

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • I would love to see some more Clone Wars heroes considering how Co-op has taken off!
    After watching some of the show again, Seeing Ahsoka Tano for light aside and Ventress for Darkside would be mint!
    Also, would say no to a Cad Bane and Mace Windu :)
    Can'tr wait to roll around as droids :D
  • rmngrnk
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    How about to make Knights Of Ren as new heroes ? Or what about hooded Darth Maul ? No, we'll get bb-8, phhh. I can't understand...how does little droid can destroy Kylo, Maul or Palpatine, wtf??? Why ?
    Post edited by rmngrnk on
  • CRAIT IN IA, WHEN?
  • CRAIT IN IA, WHEN?
  • BB8 hero?

OK, so I am no westerner. Is Black Friday's Fools, Christmas' Fools, Easter's Fools or New Year's Fools a thing?

Please, tell me they are.
  • Pfft... Take your content and shove it.
  • why is the crappy Sequel trilogy getting added to capital supremacy but the Original trilogy is not. Also you should add everything from the prequel era and Original trilogy era before adding anymore Sequel trilogy stuff, that crap is horrible (acting in those movies was way worse than the prequels and the story sucks) many better stories from the books were replaced as official canon by this abomination and many more people agree with this than disagree(Don't tell me I'm wrong because I've talked to many and 80%-90% say they suck plus all the SW fans I know personally hate the Sequels)
  • This new HUD is tragic. Why did you lower the chat section? The message of the murder hides the character ... it looked better earlier
  • @F8RGE

Are items from the Celebration Edition already activated on our account going to award credits instead, like when you purchase a skin pack currently?

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

Battle droids (dumb)

cringe
  • Question: If I purchase the Celebration upgrade, will credits I spent on appearances be refunded?
  • tharaktakoi
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So you want us to PAY on top of the base game for this "upgrade"? Ho ho, really trying to make up for the "losses" you made on the microtransactions fiasco. As for the new... hero... both get a big fat nooooooooooooo. No to microtransactions, no to the pride and achievement nonsense, no to this. Pandemic's Battlefronts put you to shame STILL.
  • So you want us to PAY on top of the base game for this "upgrade"? Ho ho, really trying to make up for the "losses" you made on the microtransactions fiasco. As for the new... hero... both get a big fat nooooooooooooo. No to microtransactions, no to the pride and achievement nonsense, no to this. Pandemic's Battlefronts put you to shame STILL.

It's completely optional and doesn't even come with any exclusives, it's just a way for new players to get a jump on what would otherwise be a metric butt-ton of grinding to unlock a bunch of equally-optional cosmetics. I'm no EA/DICE fanboy but wow, chill out folks.
  • tharaktakoi
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    So you want us to PAY on top of the base game for this "upgrade"? Ho ho, really trying to make up for the "losses" you made on the microtransactions fiasco. As for the new... hero... both get a big fat nooooooooooooo. No to microtransactions, no to the pride and achievement nonsense, no to this. Pandemic's Battlefronts put you to shame STILL.

It's completely optional and doesn't even come with any exclusives, it's just a way for new players to get a jump on what would otherwise be a metric butt-ton of grinding to unlock a bunch of equally-optional cosmetics. I'm no EA/DICE fanboy but wow, chill out folks.

Its a giant microtransaction, a macrotransaction if you will. Its the same principle. Pay to get stuff rather than play. Its an admittance from EA/DICE that the game is dull and grindy to play, so here's this offer to not play the game in order to get trivial rewards... as well as a sense of pride and achievement. The game is teeming with bugs and technical issues and the last patch still hasn't resolved the lag, crashes and kicks the one before it introduced. This edition is just an attempt to cash in on the new film.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Nemo1999 wrote: »
    I've tried so hard to stick with this game since launch (pre-order) after all the stupid decisions, but making Heroes out of Astromech Droids just might be enough for me. You mean to tell me we missed out on characters like Mace Windu with his unique Vaapad and Shatterpoint abilities for droids built to perform maintenance duties. I swear it feels like yall done nothing but troll since launch.

Though maybe the reason why they didn't add mace windu is because the only possible saber hero counter would most likely be savage oppress, but savage is literally an exact copy of maul, he's just taller, bigger and different colored, and he has a double bladed saber like maul, so we can't have two double saber wielders that are almost the same, with most likely similar abilities running around the map, something would have to change, either maul only uses one blade, and savage uses two, or maul keeps his two blades and they just don't add savage oppress at all, but then mace would have no counter, so it's difficult to add mace either way, especially since they don't add blaster hero with saber hero, it would have to be a saber hero that counters mace.

I really shouldn't have to explain this, but aside from race and basic weapon design Maul and Oppress are completely different. Anyone that's seen just a few clips understands Oppress is a tanky straightforward fighter; a far cry from Mauls speed, agility and cunning. By your logic every single hilt user needs a rework on their weapon design. I don't know who put it in ya'll heads that every hero is built to counter one another. The only legit counters are Finn (aimbot God) and Chewie (walking AA gun) for Boba. If you insist on carrying on with these delusions, the nightsister Talzin should be good enough.
  • I don't know what did dice change but HVV HS is ruined for me i get killed in two strikes and my stamina wont last at all with pretty much any hero wtf dice ? I get hit even if blocking like with ray luke, vader, anakin i am also not a new player yesturday i was up all all night and won like 50 games or more in both modes now i cant even defend myself like at all.. I have the game since lunch and today HVV was just like massive change palps can still chain even if blocking but yet i can hardly deffend if at all it's like ether game is bugged or block is broken again, i can't with this game anymore every update changes something, I have been used to since months and game becomes unplayable .. HVV was almost good i don't know what you did or its bug or something i hope i am not the only one..
  • Finally an update without prequel content!

And BB8 as a hero. Yes!

I still like clone wars content I get it if you don't, but praising BB-8? Putting BB-8 in the game doesn't seem like a good idea at all
  • Bought this game for $10 on the Origin black friday sale last week, having a blast with GA and SA and would gladly drop the $25 for this had there been any updates for either mode but seeing as there are not its going to be a hard pass. Not worth it for just getting some skins and 2 droid 'heroes' (whole 'nother issue)

Where's the love for GA and SA dice, especially SA... you've got such a good mode it could be its own game and you're letting it die off.
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    To be fair the ST stuff sounds great, looking forward to it
    PSN: ibrajoker59
    Aidor wrote: »

For me Star Wars is:

Lightsabers
    The Force
    X-Wings
    Tie Fighters
    Stormtroopers
    David Vs Goliath
    Sand, Snow and Forests

Battle droids (dumb)

I wouldn't disagree with you mate. The post launch support has done nothing with the OT unfortunately.

The reason why OT is last on there list is because
    A: Had the most content at launch
    B: Previous game was exclusively OT
    C: Movies and Content all warranted other Eras.
    Just becuase y'all love OT so much doesn't mean you need to take a dump on us PT fans. Y'all had a enitre game. We had nothing at launch. Star Wars is Star Wars. Even if its the nasty ST. Its still content. Enjoy it
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• No Poe, no Hux, no Mando, no IG-11 or IG-88. Nothing regarding the new characters that actually matter in TROS. But hey, why not put droids as heroes?

Thank God that's not the entire point of the update.
    Bounty Hunting is a complicated profession. PSN: Eldritch_Monarch xiatq16b2epx.png
  • Holy ***** did I just read BB8 as a hero!!!!!!! Noice!!!!!!

Yeah!! B)
  • WHAT AN UPDATE! Well done @F8RGE and everyone working so hard, you've done exemplary work. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us heading into 2020. (Please, more blasters. Thank you.) 😁😁😁
  • so BB-8 and BB-9 are being added, yet hundreds of fan voted characters get passed up like Ahsoka, Ventress, and Jango Fett? are you serious EA? why would you add in two characters that would literally have no serious potential in this game since they wouldn't even be capable of combat? the only conceivable reason I can think of an actual announcement like this is due to some buff skills or them being able to clear objectives faster, but even then that's still super limited potential in any capacity for a hero class of character. also, no content for space assault? no additional content for weapons or class items? we wait all this time for an update, and this is all you give?
  • So I can't seem to find an answer as to whether you HAVE to buy the Celebration Edition in order to play co-op as ST, and also to get the Sith troopers?
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So I can't seem to find an answer as to whether you HAVE to buy the Celebration Edition in order to play co-op as ST, and also to get the Sith troopers?

You'll get this stuff with any version of the game.

The only thing the Celebration Edition is bringing that you won't necessarily have with other versions is all of the various skins unlocked.

The Celebration Edition is ideal for newcomers and returning players who don't want to go through the grind of earning the credits to unlock all the different cosmetic appearances.

That' super funny cause you said true star wars when Lucas original planned Star Wars to have 6 episodes. So all 6 of 'em were planned and ready to go. Lucas couldn't find anyone to fund his project up until 21st century fox which they insisted to start with episode four since they stated clone wars and real jedi era should be done later on with better technologies and besides they wanted Vader asap regardless.
    So if it all went as Lucas planned, the OT as you recall today were supposed to be episodes 1-2-3. It's super funny because it makes your whole argument pointless.
    True star wars is what Lucas original had in his mind and that's ep1-6 period.
  • JackSpanky wrote: »

As someone who has a metric butt-ton of grinding under my belt, I agree. As long as no-one is buying an advantage in-game, let them fund the continued dev time and enjoy the skins. You can only wear one at a time anyway and I have all the ones I want.
  • Lucas12810 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy a whole new game?!?!

It's a new edition of the game so it's basically an expansion for us og players.
  • I have just one query (not Sprite cranberry), if I were to buy this on my Xbox (the Xbox is set as a home Xbox), would the other users of the Xbox get the rewards of this offer, or would that not happen? Cause my brother and I would really like to know.
  • I own the game on xbox and my sons are able to play the gane on their live accounts. I purchased the celebration update on my account and they do not have access to it. Is this supposed to be this way? I have to buy 2 more full games so that they can play it too? Is this accurate?