criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Droids. Huh.

Prev134
Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

Replies

• It's honestly such a waste. I mean, this whole time they could have been working on a new set of heroes that people actually wanted. Instead, they're gonna add these two lame droids. What kind of sick joke is this?

oivovp1dqevl.gif

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

If you’re that worried about Ashoka and Ventress being added, they’ll probably be added in February.
  • Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

Good, at least they will be unique. Not like another Jedi/Sith (or whatever she is) with buggy force powers. Star Wars is much bigger than that.

Not to mention BB8 is probably more known among casual Star Wars fans that those two XD
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

Talk to em!
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

This.
  • CC_1010
    3253 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

Please tell us, will the droids able to 1v1 heroes.
  • moistboii wrote: »

Boo hoo. We’re getting new content....that is getting nice things. You’re choosing to be a baby about it.

nah a little over the top don't you think?
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

Boo hoo. We’re getting new content....that is getting nice things. You’re choosing to be a baby about it.

No. That same guy is crying in every thread about the new heroes.

Well, if we are being honest, although these two heros could spice things up, introducing those as heroes is a joke.

There are better ways they could have been incorporated. Like making them the target for ST CS. You would still have to capture the command posts on the ground, but once on the enemy CS, you would have to get to your droid and extract him to the hangar to win. Therefore, similar to the Deathstar Battlefront 2015 extension, one player could have hopped in and played with this special character and his abilities.

Would have been better IMO since it would have a) spiced things up, b) changed the feeling of CS, c) would not have allowed these droids to be comparable to darth vader luke leia han, ... and many more
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

Well, if we are being honest, although these two heros could spice things up, introducing those as heroes is a joke.

There are better ways they could have been incorporated. Like making them the target for ST CS. You would still have to capture the command posts on the ground, but once on the enemy CS, you would have to get to your droid and extract him to the hangar to win. Therefore, similar to the Deathstar Battlefront 2015 extension, one player could have hopped in and played with this special character and his abilities.

Would have been better IMO since it would have a) spiced things up, b) changed the feeling of CS, c) would not have allowed these droids to be comparable to darth vader luke leia han, ... and many more

and of course, it would have been something for extraction players thehehe

and of course, it would have been something for extraction players thehehe

I was hoping for Extraction maps too. As far as the heroes, everyone should just wait and see how they play.
  • jonci wrote: »
    b6pnuvk9m8x1.jpg

That’s actually hilarious lol

Ok, so no more Clone Wars content, that’s fine. But these droids over lets say, R2, Poe, Hux, literally anyone else? And no, droids have never been the the heart of Star Wars. It’s been the Force and well, War. Dark days are coming when this is the logic of our developers.

I’m pretty sure BB-8 would destroy Hux in a fight. Hux is lame.
  • anidriX
    1635 posts Member

OK. Now, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind having the droids instead of having Poe and Hux?

Just the idea of having droids running around in HvV against the likes of Darth Vader or Palpatine sounds incredibly ridiculous. Yes, all thoughts are his own but in these 2 years of content, this is pretty much the first time players think there is a big chance of you joking with the announcement of a new hero.
    I like droids as much as anyone in Star Wars, they are indeed a big part of this universe but having them as heroes and fighting against some of Star Wars' most iconic characters sounds laughable.
  • Game has more modes than HvV.
  • anidriX wrote: »

OK. Now, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind having the droids instead of having Poe and Hux?

Just the idea of having droids running around in HvV against the likes of Darth Vader or Palpatine sounds incredibly ridiculous. Yes, all thoughts are his own but in these 2 years of content, this is pretty much the first time players think there is a big chance of you joking with the announcement of a new hero.
    I like droids as much as anyone in Star Wars, they are indeed a big part of this universe but having them as heroes and fighting against some of Star Wars' most iconic characters sounds laughable.

What reasoning is there for Hux or Poe?
  • anidriX
    1635 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

They are very relevant characters in the ST. Poe is the best pilot in the Resistance, Hux is the second in command in the First Order, do you need more?
    I agree with what you said above about Hux, his character is terrible. They have undermined him so much that I just cannot take him seriously anymore. He is not even a shadow of what Tarkin was but adding him as a Villain at least makes sense.
  • MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

That's four questions.
    1. Because droids are cool.
    2, It's not a joke.
    3. Yes literally over Ashoka and Ventress.
    4. Yes, I'm friggin serious.

At first i was shocked to see droids over Ahsoka, but i guess ST is a trend now so let's enjoy it.
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • I'm fine with droids being added...but these 2? When there are so many more to choose from?
  • Unfortunately when it comes to the sequel trilogy, there really isn’t much to choose from as far as heroes go. The droids will shake things up a bit, I’m interested to see how this plays out. And since they are focussing on the sequel trilogy that answers the question of why no Ahsoka and Ventress right now. It’s TROS time

Ok, so no more Clone Wars content, that’s fine. But these droids over lets say, R2, Poe, Hux, literally anyone else? And no, droids have never been the the heart of Star Wars. It’s been the Force and well, War. Dark days are coming when this is the logic of our developers.

Every form of StarWars (novels, games, movies etc..) had droids in it. StarWars is not just the force and war. Its everything.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• anidriX wrote: »

They are very relevant characters in the ST. Poe is the best pilot in the Resistance, Hux is the second in command in the First Order, do you need more?
    I agree with what you said above about Hux, his character is terrible. They have undermined him so much that I just cannot take him seriously anymore. He is not even a shadow of what Tarkin was but adding him as a Villain at least makes sense.
    Yeah, Poe is the best pilot in the resistance. That why he’s playable in his ship. What feats of pure excellence did he pull off when he isn’t in his spaceship?

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • And just as I predicted the horde of dice fanboys rush to the defense of the devs as they hang on their every word. There is no such thing as having your own opinion. Their opinion is that of Dice's.
  • anidriX
    1635 posts Member

Yeah, Poe is the best pilot in the resistance. That why he’s playable in his ship. What feats of pure excellence did he pull off when he isn’t in his spaceship?

I said that to give him a "title". He is still an important figure in the Resistance. What did Bossk do?
    I don't have a problem with them adding BB-8 and the other one, I have a problem with them being heroes. Reinforcements would've been fine but this game only has generic reinforcement not specific characters something that I agree with so if they really felt like adding the droids, they should've done it the same way they did it last game with Leia and R2. It fits great because BB-8 is Poe's droid.

rekt

You defending every decision Dice makes to your dying breath qualifies more so as getting "rekt" in my opinion. It's ok to disagree with the devs you know.

rekt

You defending every decision Dice makes to your dying breath qualifies more so as getting "rekt" in my opinion. It's ok to disagree with the devs you know.

Yeah, because the way you cry on every thread we know you disagree. You know its okay to agree with the devs u'know
  • moistboii
    1423 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Zman2202 wrote: »

rekt

Yeah, because the way you cry on every thread we know you disagree. You know its okay to agree with the devs u'know

Did you see literally my last post before the ones complaining about BB8? I specifically was congratulating Dice on how they were doing lol
    And just as I predicted the horde of dice fanboys rush to the defense of the devs as they hang on their every word. There is no such thing as having your own opinion. Their opinion is that of Dice's.

Why are you so mad? Maybe some of us don’t think the world is ending because of the new heroes? You’re choosing to be a cry baby about this.
  • Zman2202 wrote: »

rekt

:D:D:D
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • 3PO- Oh! There's droids now...
    Finn- There's droids now?
    Poe- There's droids now!
  • Succa and mattress

Every form of StarWars (novels, games, movies etc..) had droids in it. StarWars is not just the force and war. Its everything.

Never said it didn’t have droids, it’s just not the soul.
  • The dev's and mods out here defending it cause they know it's a **** gimmick for quick cash and saying they play but they come in 18th place once a month lmfao.
  • beep boop beep ... content ... beep boop beep
    "It's easy if you do it right."

Except no one asked or wanted BB-8 and the even less relevant BB-9. Literally have not seen that be requested ever.

I don't think anyone is really complaining about which era you choose to work in, just the poor choice in heroes that was made in that era and the fact that there are significantly better choices in other eras since the ST is so shallow in good characters.

If companies and people only did what was requested of them, then wow can you imagine how much innovation we would have?
  • They aren't adding content that's supposed to be on the top
    giphy.gif
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • Moojammin_10
    3036 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    And just as I predicted the horde of dice fanboys rush to the defense of the devs as they hang on their every word. There is no such thing as having your own opinion. Their opinion is that of Dice's.

I think I have criticized DICE on a few occasions over various decisions.

I happen to think this one has potential to be brilliant.

Unfortunately you don't. And that's ok. We don't all have to agree always