criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Optimizing Game Modes - Rally the Community

Rcswafford_PC
3 posts Member
edited November 2019
Hey everyone,
I've been playing this game a lot since launch and I really like how it's grown. Now it may be time to update the Main Menu to something more streamlined.

SWBF 2015 Main Menu Set-up Has:
-Big game mode
-Operations
-Heroes

This game has a lot more to offer than that game and was only a starting point but:

Most of the time I'm waiting for a player or 16 to join.

The community is spread thin with so many game mode searching options. I pitch having a redesign or simpler Main Menu front page (where you see the character, challenges, game modes) and putting all multiplayer modes on the front splash page with more mixed playlist game modes. Similar to strike/extraction

Getting rid of the "PLAY" button in the menu, instead the front page has boxes for big game modes, Operations (extraction, ewok, strike, cargo), hero showdown/big team hero, and Starfighter (+hero) could get more games going more players again

There could be a "Single Player" tab where "Play" to lessen the search and spread thin lobbies.
What does anyone think? If you have photo editing skills and thought of a better design do it who's stopping you?

Replies

• I think it's a good idea. DLC would all have to be free to really take advantage of this. Also the big problem is too many DLC playlists dividing the community. Needs to be streamlined into game modes like BF2.
  • CdotC wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea. DLC would all have to be free to really take advantage of this. Also the big problem is too many DLC playlists dividing the community. Needs to be streamlined into game modes like BF2.

All add-ons so far to this game have been free.
    Since posting this the team has added an awesome "Quick Match" button which is pretty nice when it doesn't automatically join Co-op. I have even quick joined into an ewok hunt lobby on PC which feels nice; however I'm still in support of adding more quick join game modes. or simply combining game modes like
    - Galactic Assualt/Capital Supremacy,
    -Stike/Extraction/Ewok Hunt/Blast,
    -Heroes,
    -Starfighter/hero starfighter.

Having DLC servers on the last game seperated the community further because you had to pay for each or season pass but maybe combining modes to a playlist could be beneficial hopefully not so much work on the server side of things.