criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Holiday Quests & Community Calendar

Replies

• No promised 3XP again.

Um...yeah. Where is triple xp? It said Dec 5 - 7. I look at my calendar, it say Dec 5.
  • hens0r wrote: »
    No promised 3XP again.

Um...yeah. Where is triple xp? It said Dec 5 - 7. I look at my calendar, it say Dec 5.

Again? @F8RGE since this is now not only Starfighter related, how about a response?
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Yup. No 3x xp. Been waiting for this a while...
  • No promised 3XP again.

Really ??? Oh no not again. Was supposed to last all weekend from today..... >:)
  • It works now.
  • Yes, now it's working!
  • While I think it's great we're having another opportunity to unlock the content we might have missed (in my case, it's everything except for the Luke appearance and Kenobi emote, I think), I honestly don't like the implementation of these challenges.

To me, time-limited events make no sense. As developers, why waste your time to produce content, only for it to be removed from the game again a short time later? Battlefront II isn't the only game I own that has time limited unlocks, and it definitely isn't the worst *cough* Battlefield V *cough* but I really wish these challenges were available permanently for all players.

I'm personally not sure that the requirements as a smart move. As someone who has played the Battlefield game I mentioned before, the moment you add time-limited objectives into the game that rely on specific circumstances (like use of a particular vehicle, or in this case, hero), what happens 100% of the time is that those things will be taken by other players trying to complete the same challenge, and it makes it difficult for everyone to complete. These aren't just generic challenges like "kill 10 enemies in galactic conquest" - something that players can complete no matter what class/hero/vehicle they are using - they rely on the use of something specific and it makes completing them dependant on the actions of other players.

To be honest, as a player I've been feeling kinda meh recently about the games on offer to me. All the RPGs which I should be interested in are all in first person for some stupid reason, while all the multiplayer games use mechanics that prey on people's fear of missing out as they all copy the same ideas, and I avoid like 99.9% of those. I really hope Battlefront II will be different. If a game's content needs to rely on increasing player anxiety (which, I'm guessing, may not be good for people who are genetically/mentally more likely to develop gaming addictions), maybe it shouldn't exist. The more time-limited events that exist in a game, the less likely I am to support it. These might be only skins and emotes for now, but as a player... if I can't unlock all the game's content, or have to play at a certain time, I won't be buying a game from that company in future.

Battlefield is already a series on my "no-buy" list, even though Ive only played V, and that's largely because of its insistence on time-limited content. As someone who has spent a long time in Battlefront and loves the game, please don't make DICE a company I can buy games from and not have a complete experience. Otherwise, I won't be buying anything in future.

I think you could improve these challenges by adding them into the game permanently and ensuring they can be completed in Arcade mode.

Rant over I guess :P
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • DvLzArchAngL
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Anyone else getting errors with unlocking/completing the timed challenges? Kenobi shows unlocked but it’s not. Other milestones aren’t unlocking for a few games and the collection screen at the end of every round is blank aside from Triple XP showing. No unit data.

I’m getting error 2495, 2396, 1754, a couple others, milestone progress occasionally at 0, “Sorry we couldn’t grant your reward. Please try again or check your inventory for new items” and “some online features currently unavailable”. I’ve reset everything network wise on my end. Doubt it’s me.
    Post edited by DvLzArchAngL on
  • Hello
    little BUG EMOTE kenobi!
    BEFORE the update this morning of December 6, 2019,
    I had already won emote Kenobi! in June or July it seems to me in the daily challenge or in the box I do not remember too much.
    so this morning I see again in the challenge of temporary revenge
    capture 15 command posts on Felucia in Supremacy Capital ...
    I play and finish the challenge and I see in the endgame scores in challenge revenge to finish seeing the picture.
    When I return to the PS4 home menu, I see in the top right, as usual, the rewards earn 500 credits 2 times thanks to the temporary challenge and the reward emote kenobi!
    Still on the home page after seeing the emote kenobi reward! to display, 2 or 3 seconds after seeing a message
    Sorry, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo
    When I look in the dark maul collection, I see so much the emote kenobi! .
    When I restart the PS4, I see the homepage of the game; reward win KENOBI! same thing two or three seconds later, I see the same message again; Sorry, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo.
    thank you for helping me because if it must happen to each reward that I already is embarrassing cordially
    who has the same concern?vrk3mmn9ejao.jpg
    333r87jzgap3.jpg
    6k5d7nm1y41j.jpg
  • Same thing happening with Yoda's Serenity challenge. This is going to get real annoying by the 23rd.
  • the end of battlefront 2 too many bug to repeat
  • BhiLwE1.png?1

Serenity now!!
  • MANUFLY56
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    like you now the pose of yoda serenity that I already had, like the emote kenobi! since June or July it seems to me; . This causes the same bug as the Kenobi emote! see photo and this has each return to the home of the game fed up with bug
  • JackSpanky wrote: »
    BhiLwE1.png?1

Serenity now!!

yep. been happening all morning. this is when the fun begins.
  • MANUFLY56
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    it must correct the bug quickly, otherwise we will have it every day. The challenge of December, most of us, we have already done so hello December bug
    ALL of this for people to improve their game. They have to do like most of us, challenge themselves in time and in hours.
    Post edited by MANUFLY56 on
  • MANUFLY56 wrote: »
    stevenomes wrote: »
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    BhiLwE1.png?1

Serenity now!!

it must correct the bug quickly, otherwise we will have it every day. The challenge of December, most of us, we have already done so hello December bug
    ALL of this for people to improve their game. They have to do like most of us, challenge themselves in time and in hours.
  • wish I could say I'm surprised
  • I am so confused I have the Darth Maul Kenobi emote but I didn’t complete the challenge
  • Piett
    109 posts Member
    Quick question about the Princess Leia and Farmboy Luke outfits...do I have to play as them in multiplayer for it to count, or can I do it in single player as well?
  • multiplayer
  • MANUFLY56
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    o7hweo009ku8.jpg
    cge41bxv3e4u.jpg
    f54mgptmocub.jpg
    01wam0vb58hm.jpg
    4m0xvp2wqpp9.jpg
    aklvh60dxifp.jpg
    yuy6zwjuaarq.jpg
    ugextngxybqj.jpg
    erreur 2495 emote kenobi!
    39/5000
    and the serenity victory pose of yoda
    the error 2495 all the month of December will be like that, since most of us have already obtained the rewards.Example the pose of yoda serenity obtained a few months ago.many people have the same concern as me.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Hello before making updates that sound great, it would be good to solve the game.Example of error 2495 which is now continuing at the opening of the game and at the end of the game when we return to the home page.
    2495 emote kenobi error! victory raises the serenity of yoda
    Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
    Platform: Sony Playstation 4
    What is your problem? challenges
    In which section? Permanent
    Summarize your bug: Hello little BUG EMOTE kenobi! and the victory pose of yoda serenity BEFORE the update this morning of December 6, 2019, I had already won emote kenobi! in June or July it seems to me in the daily challenge or in the box I do not remember too much. so this morning, I see again in the temporary revenge challenge capturing 15 command posts on Felucia in Supremacy Capital ... I play and complete the challenge and I see well in the end-game scores in the Revenge Revenge Challenge see picture. When I come back to the home menu of the PS4 I see in the top right as usual the rewards win 500 credits 2 times thanks to the temporary challenge and the reward emote Kenobi! It's good to win.Always on the homepage after seeing the emote kenobi reward! show, 2 or 3 seconds after I see a sorry message, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo When I look in the dark maul collection, I also see the emote kenobi! when I restart the ps4, I see again on the homepage of the game, reward win KENOBI! same thing two to three seconds later I see the same message; Sorry, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo December 7 same thing with yoda victory pose that I bet also in June or July it seems to me. Same error message and same recurring message on the homepage of the game same thing two to three seconds later I see the same message; Sorry, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo December 7 same thing with yoda victory pose that I bet also in June or July it seems to me. Same error message and same recurring message on the homepage of the game same thing two to three seconds later I see the same message; Sorry, we could not give you your reward. try again or see if your inventory contains new items error code 2 495 see photo December 7 same thing with yoda victory pose that I bet also in June or July it seems to me. Same error message and same recurring message on the game's home page
    What is your gamertag / online ID / EA account name? ps4 ManuRogue56 and manu56fly (manu56fly) to
    how often does the bug occur? 100%
    Can you indicate the date (MM / DD / YYYY) at which you noticed the bug? December 6, 2019 after the
    At what time did you notice the bug? (HH: MM AM / PM) after noon
    In which game mode does the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
    What is your time zone?
    Not. How can we find this bug? challenge the vengeance for those who already had the emote KENOBI! and we are doing the same challenge after this morning's update December 6, 2019 December 7 challenge Make 20 eliminations with Yoda's lightsaber. And who we do the same challenge after the update this morning of December 6, 2019 bug
    What happens when the bug occurs? challenge win with the error message code 2 495 see photo. For so much emotion Kenobi! is right in my awards (see photo) WHEN I turn on my PS4 and then the game Battlefront 2, at the top of the game at the top, I see a new emote Kenobi reward! and three or four seconds later, I see the error message code 2 495 see the picture challenge veangeance for those who already had the emote KENOBI! and we are doing the same challenge after this morning's update December 6, 2019 December 7 challenge Make 20 eliminations with Yoda's lightsaber. And who we do the same challenge after the update this morning of December 6, 2019 bug
    What must happen? no repeat message rewards kenobi! and ask the serenity of the victory at home of the game because already obtained this reward to see photo. And no error message code 2 495 after on the same home page
    Please select your region Europe
    AMD or Nvidia serial number

42/5000
    to the battlefront developer 2 help thanks
  • DCDT wrote: »
    For those, who already have the rewards, will the challanges give credits instead? Or nothing?

no errors code 2495 ps4gju4jhs3x41l.jpg
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION

<MESSAGE>

Is it possible to extend time for the Leia Skin and other event items.
    Like I can probably play that day, but I live in a different time zone, so I might not be able to finish it at time. It would be nice if you could make it at least 2 a 3 days
  • 30 days
  • Anyone else getting errors with unlocking/completing the timed challenges? Kenobi shows unlocked but it’s not. Other milestones aren’t unlocking for a few games and the collection screen at the end of every round is blank aside from Triple XP showing. No unit data.

I’m getting error 2495, 2396, 1754, a couple others, milestone progress occasionally at 0, “Sorry we couldn’t grant your reward. Please try again or check your inventory for new items” and “some online features currently unavailable”. I’ve reset everything network wise on my end. Doubt it’s me.

makes a bug report on ea
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II/ct-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-enku8nq345c8kw.jpg
  • can we have back the preorder bonus ?because i preoder the game on ps4 and now i start on pc for better quality,and why EA would make a hole i our collection ?
  • Really wish we get a Rey appearance with the hair down because we can't get the jedi training appearance
  • Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION

palpn3247win.png

We’re nearing the end of 2019 and while things usually slow down towards the final months of the year, we’ve decided to break tradition.

To begin, we’ve got some big news coming on Wednesday, be sure to keep an eye out for that Transmission. Of course, this is also the month that Star Wars™ fans have been waiting for, as the Skywalker saga comes to its conclusion.

Once you’ve experienced the movie in the cinema, you’ll get to immerse yourself in it at home, as Star Wars™: The Rise of Skywalker™ content comes to Star Wars™ Battlefront II this month.

We’ve got more on our Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker content, and the news all starts this coming Wednesday (Dec 4), don’t miss it. Before that, we’ll be back with another Transmission to talk about the update that arrives next week. Expect those details on Monday (Dec 2).

Before all that happens, we wanted to give you the details on our month long calendar of holiday quests.

There have been a number of special events over the course of the last year and we’re bringing all of them back. Missed out on them previously? Well now is your chance.

We kick off the celebration this Thursday, December 5 with a Triple XP event and the following day the Kenobi! Emote will be obtainable. All of the quests through December will be individual to complete, this means that your fate is firmly in your own hands. All of them will be available in Co-Op as well as other Multiplayer modes, unless specifically stated.

Quests will have a staggered start time but by Dec 23, all will be active. Every quest will end on January 7 at 06:00 Stockholm time.

Here’s a breakdown of all the events coming this month.

Events

3weow20vdynf.png

Name: Triple XP
    Description: Earn x3 XP across all game modes
    Start Date: Dec 5 - Dec 7

4gnwkeyi6n99.png

Name: Exact Revenge
    Description: Capture 15 Command Posts in Capital Supremacy on Felucia
    Reward: Kenobi! Emote
    Start Date: Dec 6

wweunuldollx.png

Name: Achieve Serenity
    Description: Perform 20 eliminations with Yoda’s lightsaber
    Reward: Yoda Serenity Victory Pose
    Start Date: Dec 8

0x5sit9gbq0s.png

Name: Old Rivalry
    Description: Perform 20 eliminations with Darth Maul’s lightsaber
    Reward: Kenobi voice line
    Start Date: Dec 10

xtc1chwqrciz.png

Name: Wisdom and Experience
    Description: Perform 20 buffs as Yoda
    Reward: Yoda Voice Line Trust you Not
    Start Date: Dec 12

8g6dql67160a.png

Name: Fast Spawn
    Description: Faster Spawn rate is now enabled across all modes
    Start Date: Dec 13 - Dec 16

uzp2tcj2ftm9.png

Name: I said it First
    Description: Hit 20 enemies with Claw Rush as General Grievous
    Reward: Hello there voice line (General Grievous)
    Start Date: Dec 14

rycfbg15udlh.png

Name: Crush and Destroy
    Description: Eliminate 20 opponents with General Grievous’ lightsaber
    Reward: General Grievous Duelist Victory Pose
    Start Date: Dec 16

08ro8i4dc855.png

Name: Free your Rage
    Description: Choke 20 opponents as Darth Maul
    Reward: Darth Maul Vigilant Victory Pose
    Start Date: Dec 18

ahfhmw29d8ag.png

Name: 50% Battle Point Reduction
    Description: All units now cost 50% less Battle Points
    Start Date: Dec 20 - Dec 23

sp2natazyuqs.png

Name: Learn the ways of the Force
    Description: Knock over 25 enemies with Luke Skywalker’s Repulse ability
    Reward: Farmboy Luke Appearance
    Start Date: Dec 20

vm53avdtl6lm.png

Name: For the Republic
    Description: Eliminate 20 enemies with Obi-Wan Kenobi’s lightsaber
    Reward: Body and Mind Victory Pose
    Start Date: Dec 21

7sak38ky4ik1.png

Name: Old Enemy
    Description: Push Enemies with Obi-Wan Kenobi 20 times
    Reward: Maul voice line
    Start Date: Dec 22

o4hjy1qio21q.png

Name: May the Force be with You
    Description: Hit 15 opponents with Leia’s alternate fire
    Reward: Princess Leia Appearance
    Start Date: Dec 23

0g9sqfnu9rnn.png

Name: Triple XP
    Description: x3 experience is enabled across all game modes
    Start Date: Dec 24 - Jan 6

We’ll be back next week with two Community Transmissions and a game update, don’t miss any of it!

I have one question, why exactly are you bringing back all of these events? Is it because of me? My Bring 'em Back event idea maybe?

A bunch of people missed out on the events. I really want the farmboy luke appearance
  • wow, that is a big list of challenges this December, I really enjoy the fast(er) spawn and 3XP days <3.
    Star-Wars fan since 1999 & Member of the PC Master Race.
  • Can you please start the Leia and Luke challenge earlier, let's say tomorrow please? Some of us need time to accomplish them since some people are going in vacation for the new year!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • So I feel stupid having to ask haha but how exactly do you preform a buff with Yoda?
  • I have all the rewards, but it will be nice for players who missed out on some of those rewards.

Or if you bought the game for different console. :#
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter: PlayersPurity

• The kenobi "Old Enemy" wants you to push 20 players. But its only registering if its a killing blow. Can you fix this?!?!?
  • and even now, even those arent registering.....pushing or killing with push isn't registering for the challenge.
  • God I am desperately waiting for this Leia challenge for the 23rd...I NEED IT.
  • Voorhees wrote: »
    and even now, even those arent registering.....pushing or killing with push isn't registering for the challenge.
    Voorhees wrote: »
    and even now, even those arent registering.....pushing or killing with push isn't registering for the challenge.

look in your collection if you haven't already9gcoheipfsds.jpg
  • MANUFLY56
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    MANUFLY56 wrote: »

I still do them in heroic confrontation
  • MANUFLY56 wrote: »

look in your collection if you haven't already9gcoheipfsds.jpg

Its not for the pose...…. its for the voice line where he says "maul" ...

• 88/5000
    I’m doing it in co-op mode this afternoon, but since I already had that it’s duplicatedgcbwqo27jb1s.jpg
    x97lp5t526nl.jpg
  • Are you going to actually allow the "kenobiiiii" emote to be unlocked eventually or are we settling for the error code from now on? Asking for a friend..

giphy.gif

• At what time does the leia event "may the force be with you" start? I know its on dec 23 but can someone please tell me what time it starts? Really want it.
  • Zexiel
    170 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Got the leia skin thanks
    Post edited by Zexiel on

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • Where is the Princess skin challenge?? It's not showing up in the timed challenges
  • Still no Princess Leia Skin Challenge :neutral:
  • Neither for me. I hope that it'll start this evening, I don't have the time to do it the next days.
    I know this will probably be a 30 day challenge too, but still...
  • Got a bug for SERENITY because even though I already had it I unlocked it again while playing a fun game of Heros Vs Villians. Does the notification ever go away or does it keep popping up after the event ends? Other than that though great game and this event really helps.
  • I'm also still waiting on the Princess Leia skin event.
  • Exen44 wrote: »
    I'm also still waiting on the Princess Leia skin event.

Me too
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Where is the Princess skin challenge?? It's not showing up in the timed challenges

This. What's going on Dice? Not to be negative, but it's funny that one of the most iconic skins in the game that is only available through a timed challenge begins on the day before most people's Christmas parties/events, and yet the challenge itself is nowhere to be seen. I'm just glad I managed to get Farmboy Luke the other day. This is the only skin I still need to complete my Episode 4 ANH collection. In any case, I believe these challenges run through January, don't they?
  • Can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 12:00pm (Noon) Pacific Standard Time on 12/23/2019. No "May the Force Be With You" Timed Challenge is available.
    Most-Played Modes:
    1. Co-Op
    2. Starfighter Assault
    3. Ewok Hunt

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, because this is The Way.