criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Raise the idle timer to 5 minutes or more

I'm getting sick and tired of this. So...I'm getting ready to spawn in right and I needed to go pee real quick (ik tmi) not even a minute later I was kicked out for being idle. Like seriously? What if I need to like do something real quick like get a snack or something. The idle timer NEEDS to be put to 5 minutes or more. I know other people are hating this too now. Please change it. Thank you.

Replies

• bfloo
    16995 posts Member
    Depends on the mode, HvV it would never work. CS they can make it a half hour if you want.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• No for HvV. Pee between maps or hold it.. Spin around in a circle if u must... lol

giphy.gif

• @kevlegs1971 I suppose 😂
  • I answered my front door today, wasn't there for very long and came back to find that I'd been booted.

It's a bit too strict, DICE.
  • I respectfully disagree.

For those moments when 2 of the 3 in my GA squad are AFK and the third is "sniping" at the back of the map....

...sometimes clowns dont get kicked fast enough.

Leave and let the lobby backfill. I'm tired of having my spawns limited by your inconsiderate actions.

I don't want to spend the first 20 seconds of my spwan running to the battle, I want a teammate to spwan on.
  • No. Afkers cant get booted fast enough. Other people are depending on you, and If you arent playing (I dont care what the reason is, it doesnt matter) then leave the game or get booted. It's awfully selfish to want to not actually play, but still take up a spot.

Come back when you are ready to contribute.
  • McKraken
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Totally agree with OP.
    Answer door, 2-3 mins, booted.
    Bathroom break and maybe grab a snack, 2-4 mins, booted.
    Take the dog out, 2-3 mins, booted.
    Other than the snack, these are things I have to do sometimes during matches.

Then join new map and of course, on the team being dominated for the next 3-4 maps... every time. :/
  • I am sorry that you got owned once you returned to the gameplay @McKraken, that's no fun.

However, please consider how you being AFK contributes to *my* game being less enjoyable.

Remember, you probably aren't the only player who is AFK on your team.

If everyone feels free to get up and leave for 5 min at a time and multuple people are doing it at once, my game suffers. *My team gets owned when you go AFK. You are a direct contributor.

Seems to me the polite thing to do is leave the libby, by your own reasoning.

You are either playing, or you are letting the dog out. You can't do both at once. Choose one. It is only considerate.
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    I am sorry that you got owned once you returned to the gameplay @McKraken, that's no fun.

However, please consider how you being AFK contributes to *my* game being less enjoyable.

Remember, you probably aren't the only player who is AFK on your team.

If everyone feels free to get up and leave for 5 min at a time and multuple people are doing it at once, my game suffers. *My team gets owned when you go AFK. You are a direct contributor.

Seems to me the polite thing to do is leave the libby, by your own reasoning.

You are either playing, or you are letting the dog out. You can't do both at once. Choose one. It is only considerate.
    You're being absurd.

"Remember, you probably aren't the only player who is AFK on your team."

I play this game regularly and have very rarely seen two AFK players on the same team. It's POSSIBLE that it could happen, but "probably" implies that this happens regularly and that simply isn't true. You don't have to exaggerate that blatantly in order to make your point.

Anyway, I agree with the OP that the amount of time it takes to get booted needs to be at least slightly increased. The problem before was that it took far too long, but now it's the opposite extreme.

Saying someone should just completely leave the lobby to do something that only takes a couple of minutes is inconsiderate of the fact that it's difficult to end up in a lobby with actual good players who know what they're doing. During those rare times that you do end up in a good lobby, you wanna stay in for about as long as possible, no? You don't wanna leave and end up in some match that's halfway over, or on a team where guys are fighting 1 on 4 over and over and over and over and over and over.

I should be able to use the bathroom (quickly) and not return to see I was booted. It's too extreme right now. And it's not like we're saying it should be something crazy like 10 minutes again. I think 5 is reasonable.
  • They should add a break option, to let AI take over for a short amount of time. No BPs gain etc. obvs.
  • I think the people whining about this non-"problem" exaggerate. I have never gone to p***** and been booted. Not once. Not when grabbing a snack or refreshing a drink. Not really ever.

I don't find my assertions absurd at all or I wouldn't have made them.

And you specifically reference HvV in your illustration @TahjSDG which is the worst part. How you gonna leave your team hanging in HvV? 25% of your team gone, smh.

And I play daily and GA is full of AFK clowns...I literally can't count the times that I have quit to find a new lobby because 2/3 of my squad mates are holding their d*cs in their hands, AFK in the spawn.

I'm sorry you think it's okay to do this.

Look in the mirror tho. How can you actually be this selfish?

If you cant find a decent lobby in HvV thats a balancing issue, not a "poor me I had to pp and now I can't steamroll" issue.

Get booted.
  • bfloo
    16995 posts Member
    the 2/3 aren't afk, they are camping the spawn screen waiting for a hero.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• First_Order_of_Pizza
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    This is why I don't play online games and I am glad offline with bots is a thing now. I pee like a race horse.