criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

HVV 8 vs 8?

Prev1
I admit I was a bit excited for the chaos of an 8 vs 8 match...

z8jbrbocxb7r.png
c2hcri4n550c.png

Replies

• CC_1010
    3237 posts Member
    Worked for our clan but it was too laggy for me with no sound.
  • Some of us have been shouting that 6v6 or 8v8 TDM would be considerably better than 4v4, ever since they announced that they were switching from the target system to TDM.

No one seems to listen though.
  • I'd like it for a weekend
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

I would be interested if they allowed for this as like an event. Just as a test run.

diukw7qi92cl.gif

Lahey! We need more TPB on the forums. He was the liquor
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

I would be interested if they allowed for this as like an event. Just as a test run.

diukw7qi92cl.gif

0391et4h4ybb.jpg
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

diukw7qi92cl.gif

0391et4h4ybb.jpg

I love ya Bo Bandy! RIP John Dunsworth. Man was a legend
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

diukw7qi92cl.gif

0391et4h4ybb.jpg

You hear that Bo bandy? It's the wind... **** Winds blowing Randers.
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

diukw7qi92cl.gif

0391et4h4ybb.jpg

You hear that Bo bandy? It's the wind... **** Winds blowing Randers.

Lmao. On a more serious note 8v8 HvV would be awesome

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• 6 or 8 agreed should be an event.
    Sadly it just kept loading light side. I waited around a while to see if it would go but it was not the way.
  • There'd definitely be a large increase in quitters who are forced to play a certain hero because all others are taken up. Plus, it might be more difficult to find matches when the server has to find 16 people instead of 8. Not to mention if anyone quits the match, your team runs the risk of being outnumbered big time.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • I got put in this lobby as well, I would absolutely love to give a 6v6 a try, or even an 8v8 but I assume that would be pretty laggy :(
  • I got put in this lobby as well, I would absolutely love to give a 6v6 a try, or even an 8v8 but I assume that would be pretty laggy :(

I don’t see how. In GA you already have 4v4 HvV with 76 other units of various types. No, there shouldn’t be a lag problem in a 12 player lobby. The small modes are 16.
  • 6v6 would be great at the least. At 8v8 it'd be like Heroes Unleashed without infantry. That would be fun imo.
  • polarition wrote: »
    There'd definitely be a large increase in quitters who are forced to play a certain hero because all others are taken up. Plus, it might be more difficult to find matches when the server has to find 16 people instead of 8. Not to mention if anyone quits the match, your team runs the risk of being outnumbered big time.

HvV is one of the most popular modes. 16 player lobbies would not be an issue.

Actually, the more players per team the less impact one quitter would have. Right now 1 player represents 25% of each team. Adding more players per team reduces that percentage, thereby reducing the impact.

Lol you don't know the statistics.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Maybe I should have titled this 6 v 6.. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

diukw7qi92cl.gif

Trailer Park Boys, and Star Wars together makes perfect sense somehow.

gdloews8kn1m.png

• MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Revan72 wrote: »
    rbvoe37uvu9h.gif

diukw7qi92cl.gif

Trailer Park Boys, and Star Wars together makes perfect sense somehow.

gdloews8kn1m.png

Fantastic cross over. 5 stars
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    Maybe I should have titled this 6 v 6.. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I want 8v8. Just once.
  • StarLillie wrote: »

I actually don't have a problem with 8v8. I just think they should make it to where you don't need 8 people to start.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    StarLillie wrote: »

I actually don't have a problem with 8v8. I just think they should make it to where you don't need 8 people to start.

Im pretty sure you only need 6 to start. 3v3 will start

Yeah, but that's a majority. By that standard an 8v8 match would need 14 to start the match instead of 16.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    polarition wrote: »

Yeah, but that's a majority. By that standard an 8v8 match would need 14 to start the match instead of 16.

Right I see what you mean. Make it so it will start 4v4. However(at least on Xbox) you can usually always find HvV players.
  • OcDoc
    2130 posts Member
    6v6.... dew it!!!
    polarition wrote: »

Right I see what you mean. Make it so it will start 4v4. However(at least on Xbox) you can usually always find HvV players.

I usually can, too. But a lot of people tend to quit especially when matchmaking following a round and it takes some time sometimes for people to show up.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Alright I've removed some posts in here that were totally unnecessary arguing. Keep this civil and keep it on topic.
  • Some of us have been shouting that 6v6 or 8v8 TDM would be considerably better than 4v4, ever since they announced that they were switching from the target system to TDM.

No one seems to listen though.

I think I would prefer a regular TDM with 8v8, and recycling 4v4 for an objective type mode.
  • This would be...Iconic
  • HvV

16 player FFA
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I like this idea. Even 5v5 or 6v6. 4v4 is ok, but the more the merrier imo. Especially when you are stuck with quitters, more chance to still win when down a hero.
  • It would give it a nice boost I think. Especially for those players who've been around a while.

Also more room for those blaster lovers to stand a better chance as well.
  • 8 V 8 would be amazing

yes please
  • 8v8 caused major lag for some reasons on some pcs when we played it.(Especially on my not made for gaming configuration). I don’t think it would work on consoles either.
  • meh, i would like 3v3, 5v5 showdown tho.. like arena
  • ROMG4
    4107 posts Member
    Why can't they do an experimental 8v8 HVV but they can always do one that removes heroes somehow
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • 6v6 is the right number.
  • ROMG4
    4107 posts Member
    6v6 is the right number.

Mmm, no I think not. 12 is an INFERIOR number it is an outcast impure in comparison to the mighty Prime Number order

1v1 is the way

Fk69QjI.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    6v6 is the right number.

Mmm, no I think not. 12 is an INFERIOR number it is an outcast impure in comparison to the mighty Prime Number order

1v1 is the way

Fk69QjI.gif

6v6 is the right size for TDM I believe, but I agree with you. Give me some 1v1!

1v1 would be Dooku’s mode!
  • Would be nice if the server / net code was better.

Right now it's doodoo.
  • bfloo
    16776 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    6v6 is the right number.

1v1 is the way

Fk69QjI.gif

ROMG4 has spoken
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• CC_1010 wrote: »
    8v8 caused major lag for some reasons on some pcs when we played it.(Especially on my not made for gaming configuration). I don’t think it would work on consoles either.

This could be because it pushed through something that was not intended, so it broke the game (so to speak)
  • MC_XIX
    2311 posts Member
    4v4 is getting stale now. I'd also appreciate it if the Devs upped the teams to 6v6, or even 8v8.
  • wwkingms
    862 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    i play on XBoxOneX and as is this game crashes aplenty, including randomly ramping up my fans and "overheat" crashing my console. Doubling the slew of data jockying for position with 20ms ping gives me nightmares.

and as is right now HvV at times just feels like a rag-doll simulator. Caught in a sweep of cc from every direction, my hero is helicopter spinning into another plane of reality; last night the stars aligned and my toon got pulled by kylo while shocked by dooku as i must have been stubbing my toe because i ended up on the other side of the map in HvV Endor.

what COULD happen is maybe make arena seasons with pledged teams beforehand with separate, dedicated servers for a more crisp experience, not getting killed by luke's lightsaber 3 seconds after luke died.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    4v4 is getting stale now. I'd also appreciate it if the Devs upped the teams to 6v6, or even 8v8.

We need some objectives. TDM has been stale for over a decade.
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    i play on XBoxOneX and as is this game crashes aplenty, including randomly ramping up my fans and "overheat" crashing my console. Doubling the slew of data jockying for position with 20ms ping gives me nightmares.

and as is right now HvV at times just feels like a rag-doll simulator. Caught in a sweep of cc from every direction, my hero is helicopter spinning into another plane of reality; last night the stars aligned and my toon got pulled by kylo while shocked by dooku as i must have been stubbing my toe because i ended up on the other side of the map in HvV Endor.

what COULD happen is maybe make arena seasons with pledged teams beforehand with separate, dedicated servers for a more crisp experience, not getting killed by luke's lightsaber 3 seconds after luke died.

If you are overheating in the Xbox one X then you might want to take it apart and check your thermal paste. I was overheating like crazy too so I took it apart like 2 days ago and I haven't overheated since.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• wwkingms wrote: »

If you are overheating in the Xbox one X then you might want to take it apart and check your thermal paste. I was overheating like crazy too so I took it apart like 2 days ago and I haven't overheated since.

Yah, my Xbox has no issues and I have a one s.
    Agreed a good cleaning will probably help a lot!
  • MC_XIX
    2311 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

We need some objectives. TDM has been stale for over a decade.

Yus. TDM has always been the least enjoyable mode of any game for me, but unfortunately it's the only mode in BF17 which is exclusively for hero Vs hero combat. I much preferred the HvV BF15 had. I could play that for hours without ever getting bored.