criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HVV 8 vs 8?

2Next

Replies

• Darth_Vapor3
    4772 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    4v4 is getting stale now. I'd also appreciate it if the Devs upped the teams to 6v6, or even 8v8.

We need some objectives. TDM has been stale for over a decade.

Yus. TDM has always been the least enjoyable mode of any game for me, but unfortunately it's the only mode in BF17 which is exclusively for hero Vs hero combat. I much preferred the HvV BF15 had. I could play that for hours without ever getting bored.

Which is strange considering how popular the mode is. I didn’t play BF15 but it sounds much better than what we have. Anything sounds better to me. Even the old TS was better in my opinion, but I agree it needed a ruleset tweak. Pick any small mode ruleset from either game, and you’ve made an improvement.

Frankly, there should be several different rulesets for HvV.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    4v4 is getting stale now. I'd also appreciate it if the Devs upped the teams to 6v6, or even 8v8.

Yus. TDM has always been the least enjoyable mode of any game for me, but unfortunately it's the only mode in BF17 which is exclusively for hero Vs hero combat. I much preferred the HvV BF15 had. I could play that for hours without ever getting bored.

I didn't play bf15, what made it better than this one? Just curious what the differences were.
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    i play on XBoxOneX and as is this game crashes aplenty, including randomly ramping up my fans and "overheat" crashing my console. Doubling the slew of data jockying for position with 20ms ping gives me nightmares.

and as is right now HvV at times just feels like a rag-doll simulator. Caught in a sweep of cc from every direction, my hero is helicopter spinning into another plane of reality; last night the stars aligned and my toon got pulled by kylo while shocked by dooku as i must have been stubbing my toe because i ended up on the other side of the map in HvV Endor.

what COULD happen is maybe make arena seasons with pledged teams beforehand with separate, dedicated servers for a more crisp experience, not getting killed by luke's lightsaber 3 seconds after luke died.

If you are overheating in the Xbox one X then you might want to take it apart and check your thermal paste. I was overheating like crazy too so I took it apart like 2 days ago and I haven't overheated since.

im not tech savvy enough to know if your trolling me or not, thermal paste....?
    what i do know is generally dissembling anything voids warranties......
    and my xbox only overheat crashes with this game, and its random and not actually overheating... its open to air, i even have it propped up on to thin,long pieces of wood so there's nothing under it either... and i always give her a good feel and she cool as ever... the fans have always been funky with this game.

so im over-heat crashing, but the xbox is not overheating... if that makes sense...
    anyway thats off topic :-)
    wwkingms wrote: »
    i play on XBoxOneX and as is this game crashes aplenty, including randomly ramping up my fans and "overheat" crashing my console. Doubling the slew of data jockying for position with 20ms ping gives me nightmares.

and as is right now HvV at times just feels like a rag-doll simulator. Caught in a sweep of cc from every direction, my hero is helicopter spinning into another plane of reality; last night the stars aligned and my toon got pulled by kylo while shocked by dooku as i must have been stubbing my toe because i ended up on the other side of the map in HvV Endor.

what COULD happen is maybe make arena seasons with pledged teams beforehand with separate, dedicated servers for a more crisp experience, not getting killed by luke's lightsaber 3 seconds after luke died.

If you are overheating in the Xbox one X then you might want to take it apart and check your thermal paste. I was overheating like crazy too so I took it apart like 2 days ago and I haven't overheated since.

im not tech savvy enough to know if your trolling me or not, thermal paste....?
    what i do know is generally dissembling anything voids warranties......
    and my xbox only overheat crashes with this game, and its random and not actually overheating... its open to air, i even have it propped up on to thin,long pieces of wood so there's nothing under it either... and i always give her a good feel and she cool as ever... the fans have always been funky with this game.

so im over-heat crashing, but the xbox is not overheating... if that makes sense...
    anyway thats off topic :-)

Hmm. And yes Thermal Paste is real. I thought it was fake too. (Also I am not very tech savvy either but There are so many tutorials and it was a lot of fun learning something new tbh.

The way mine was overheating was it would shut down and I would start it up and it would go through the restart process and a message would pop up saying that it overheated. Yes disassembling voids the warranty. When I did mine my warranty was expired anyway.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• [/quote]

Hmm. And yes Thermal Paste is real. I thought it was fake too. (Also I am not very tech savvy either but There are so many tutorials and it was a lot of fun learning something new tbh.

The way mine was overheating was it would shut down and I would start it up and it would go through the restart process and a message would pop up saying that it overheated. Yes disassembling voids the warranty. When I did mine my warranty was expired anyway. [/quote]

well you've set me on the course of looking up dissembling and replacing heat-sink paste so i thank you.

back to the topic, and i just mentioned this in another thread but i would love for them to explore a FFA/Mixed team mode so see how heroes match up against other heroes; villains against other villains etc.

The way mine was overheating was it would shut down and I would start it up and it would go through the restart process and a message would pop up saying that it overheated. Yes disassembling voids the warranty. When I did mine my warranty was expired anyway. [/quote]

well you've set me on the course of looking up dissembling and replacing heat-sink paste so i thank you.

back to the topic, and i just mentioned this in another thread but i would love for them to explore a FFA/Mixed team mode so see how heroes match up against other heroes; villains against other villains etc.

[/quote]

Good luck in working with your xbox!

A 1v1 mode with any Heros/Villain matchups would be a lot of fun. Would be fun to see Anakin vs Obi-Wan Tbh lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

The way mine was overheating was it would shut down and I would start it up and it would go through the restart process and a message would pop up saying that it overheated. Yes disassembling voids the warranty. When I did mine my warranty was expired anyway.

[/quote]

Good luck in working with your xbox!

A 1v1 mode with any Heros/Villain matchups would be a lot of fun. Would be fun to see Anakin vs Obi-Wan Tbh lmao[/quote]

I like HS, but a 1v1 would be great too. And it would have to be able to be played in a party of 2. This would be a fantastic mode for 1v1 competition, but also cool environment for two friends to challenge and practice with each other.
  • Like we’ve been saying. Private servers solves many issues all at once.
  • MC_XIX
    2326 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    StarLillie wrote: »

I didn't play bf15, what made it better than this one? Just curious what the differences were.

@StarLillie
    Generally, the gameplay was a lot smoother, and the blasters were much more accurate and felt more like Star Wars. It's a bit difficult to explain. The strangest thing was that every infantry trooper in the game could have a jetpack as an ability slot, so there were loads of jump troopers on each team except for when the map was indoors, such as Jabba's Palace.

Customisation-wise, it was similar. There were skins same as BF17, but there was the added feature of star card loadouts, so you could save weapon & ability loadouts built for particular maps or modes. There was no infantry class system; instead, you could design your own infantry class and select whichever ability or weapon you want for each loadout. It was far superior in my opinion.

Regarding maps and modes, it is closely matched with BF17. There were more modes to select from, but the maps were all Original Trilogy maps. There was still more than enough content to keep the experience varied.

Here's some of my BF15 gameplay. Little bit of channel promotion haha. This one is Jyn Erso in HvV. I have plenty more videos if you'd like to see Vader or trooper gameplay etc.

Jyn wasn't a particularly strong or powerful hero, but she had a great rifle and decent melee strikes with her baton. IMO, combat is much smoother and her baton melee strikes are what Phasma's staff strikes should have been.

@StarLillie
    Generally, the gameplay was a lot smoother, and the blasters were much more accurate and felt more like Star Wars. It's a bit difficult to explain. The strangest thing was that every infantry trooper in the game could have a jetpack as an ability slot, so there were loads of jump troopers on each team except for when the map was indoors, such as Jabba's Palace.

Customisation-wise, it was similar. There were skins same as BF17, but there was the added feature of star card loadouts, so you could save weapon & ability loadouts built for particular maps or modes. There was no infantry class system; instead, you could design your own infantry class and select whichever ability or weapon you want for each loadout. It was far superior in my opinion.

Regarding maps and modes, it is closely matched with BF17. There were more modes to select from, but the maps were all Original Trilogy maps. There was still more than enough content to keep the experience varied.

Here's some of my BF15 gameplay. Little bit of channel promotion haha. This one is Jyn Erso in HvV. I have plenty more videos if you'd like to see Vader or trooper gameplay etc.

Jyn wasn't a particularly strong or powerful hero, but she had a great rifle and decent melee strikes with her baton. IMO, combat is much smoother and her baton melee strikes are what Phasma's staff strikes should have been.

I want this map for HvV:(

@StarLillie

I'm sorry I missed this. Very cool thanks so much for sharing. Puts things into perspective, especially regarding those whom ask for more balance for blaster hero's. I definitely prefer the new graphics and sounds, but I see what you're saying about smoother gameplay.
  • Genin
    410 posts Member
    For a weekend would be fine! But not forever...
  • It wouldn't work for one simple reason, not enough sabers. Many players will simply refuse to play a blaster if all the sabers are already picked.
    Search your feelings, you know, don't you.

• Batman20
    2598 posts Member
    edited January 15
    I think this as an event would be cool don't know if I would want it as a permanent thing. Teammates in HvV are bad enough when it's only 4players I don't wanna be murdered by 8heroes at once as my team do nothing to help me
  • can't wait to be mobbed in an 8v1 situation :D
  • 8v8! Dew it!
  • MikeDog5k wrote: »
    It wouldn't work for one simple reason, not enough sabers. Many players will simply refuse to play a blaster if all the sabers are already picked.
    Search your feelings, you know, don't you.

Ive seen more and more blasters used lately. I think it'd be great fun. Maybe being forced to give them a try will help players get more comfortable with them.