criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why not ashoka and ventress for Januar new Heroes??? Bb8 and bbe9 are not good!

Replies

• Meerkat wrote: »
    I think even a person who values immersion very little would still be somewhat bothered by a basketball robot fighting lightsabers...

It's always funny seeing "im sick of prequel content" "No more clone wars content".

These people act like DICE was just adding a bunch of fluff and was overkilling it. They added characters like Dooku, Anakin, Grevious etc. Not like they were adding a bunch of no names like Shaak-Ti.

Whose fault is it that the desired and popular characters come from the clone wars...? Think about it compared to the ST... What are the options..? A Han Solo clone in Poe..? Look at the PT in comparison.. Countless potential characters with unique gameplay.

This is that good ish🙌👆👏
  • I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival.

I’m sorry to tell you this, but you just set yourself up for some major disappointment for when they don’t come.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival.

I’m sorry to tell you this, but you just set yourself up for some major disappointment for when they don’t come.

You could be right. But it could be the case with both them and RO 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Feelee16
    2117 posts Member
    I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival. Rumor has been that Dave Filoni will be heading up a Rebels sequel for Disney+, so Clone Wars Season 8 is not likely at all to happen. So they won't get a better chance than the next couple of months.

BB-8 and BB-9E might be fun though. They will certainly be unique. It's not like the ST has given us a variety of better options. Poe would have likely come with some kind of BB-8 summon ability anyway. I still think Poe should be added as well as maybe a Knight of Ren or Hux, but it's not like either are high on my list.

I'm not sure. Most thought that if they'd be ST heroes it would probably be Hux and Poe and now we have bb8 and 9e. What if they end up surprising everyone again by throwing in a different random set like Coleman Trebor and Mas Amedda?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival. Rumor has been that Dave Filoni will be heading up a Rebels sequel for Disney+, so Clone Wars Season 8 is not likely at all to happen. So they won't get a better chance than the next couple of months.

BB-8 and BB-9E might be fun though. They will certainly be unique. It's not like the ST has given us a variety of better options. Poe would have likely come with some kind of BB-8 summon ability anyway. I still think Poe should be added as well as maybe a Knight of Ren or Hux, but it's not like either are high on my list.

I'm not sure. Most thought that if they'd be ST heroes it would probably be Hux and Poe and now we have bb8 and 9e. What if they end up surprising everyone again by throwing in a different random set like Coleman Trebor and Mas Amedda?

lol

Well, they'd be torching a whole lot of good will to do that. I think we do need to see how BB-8 and BB-9e play. To be honest, Hux and Poe were likely going to be some pretty lame copies of blaster heroes we already have. And BB-8 is more popular. So they are doing something to get more eyes on the game. That's another reason I don't think they will pass on Ahsoka. She's too popular, and of course brings dual wield lightsaber combat to the game.
  • I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival. Rumor has been that Dave Filoni will be heading up a Rebels sequel for Disney+, so Clone Wars Season 8 is not likely at all to happen. So they won't get a better chance than the next couple of months.

Ye you might be right there.

Just a curious question... When would be your deadline for accepting they will never be coming as playable heroes?
    I think even a person who values immersion very little would still be somewhat bothered by a basketball robot fighting lightsabers...

It's always funny seeing "im sick of prequel content" "No more clone wars content".

These people act like DICE was just adding a bunch of fluff and was overkilling it. They added characters like Dooku, Anakin, Grevious etc. Not like they were adding a bunch of no names like Shaak-Ti.

Whose fault is it that the desired and popular characters come from the clone wars...? Think about it compared to the ST... What are the options..? A Han Solo clone in Poe..? Look at the PT in comparison.. Countless potential characters with unique gameplay.

Anakin and Lizard man may not be no names but they still suck hard and should have never be added to game. They did add Obi-Wan but I would argue it's not really the character done correctly as we can't play as Old Ben.

Droids are part of SW since day one. I see no issues here and nothing silly. BB8 makes a much better hero than Ashoka or Ventress or any of the other CW clowns.
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Droids for new Heroes no
    All wait for ashoka and ventress
    And what coming???
    2 droids

Ended, the Clone Wars have.
  • The soccer balls 😂😂😂 still can’t think of them and not laugh

Lol! I can’t wait for the nerf calling!

Man do I hope they are OP!

I’ll enjoy cutting the “best the ST has to offer” down 😈🤣

I just wanna choke BB8 with Vader, I wanna see what happens LOL

I’ll enjoy cutting the “best the ST has to offer” down 😈🤣

I just wanna choke BB8 with Vader, I wanna see what happens LOL

Oh I hadn’t even thought of that yet!
    HAHAHAHA!
    Yeah! That’s going to be truly awesome!
  • Jenga_Fett1
    766 posts Member
    edited January 9
    I can’t wait to play stick ball with Phasma again.
  • bfloo
    16976 posts Member
    I can’t wait to play stick ball with Phasma again.

I miss Yoda baseball
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'm still convinced Ahsoka and Ventress are on the way for Clone Wars Season 7. It's the best chance to finally add them, and there's been too many signs that point to their arrival. Rumor has been that Dave Filoni will be heading up a Rebels sequel for Disney+, so Clone Wars Season 8 is not likely at all to happen. So they won't get a better chance than the next couple of months.

Just a curious question... When would be your deadline for accepting they will never be coming as playable heroes?

I could care less, so make up whatever deadline you want. It's not some kind of competition to me. I just wouldn't be surprised if they've been done for a while and just waiting to be timed with Clone Wars Season 7, given that the devs are Ahsoka fans.

But to be frank, OP is right. Of all the heroes to add, we get two soccer ball droids? Who wouldn't want Ahsoka and Ventress instead?
  • I will add, if Ahsoka and Ventress are not added to Battlefront 2, don't be surprised if they are launch heroes for Battlefront 3.

A big problem with the Battlefront 2 launch is there as a lot of repeated OT era content from Battlefront 2015. If they do all their best heroes for this game, then how do they do something unique for Battlefront 3?

Battlefront 3 could launch with a bunch of heroes, half of them new:

Padme, Jango, Mace Windu, Ahoska, Ventress, Cad Bane, Poe Dameron, Hux, Baze Malbus, Chirrut, Dengar, IG-88, Mandalorian, Moff Gideon

Then add in some of the staples:

Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Vader, Boba Fett, Jyn Erso, Krennic, Palpatine, Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Obi-Wan, Maul, Yoda, Dooku, Anakin, Grievous
  • Feelee16 wrote: »

lol

Well, they'd be torching a whole lot of good will to do that. I think we do need to see how BB-8 and BB-9e play. To be honest, Hux and Poe were likely going to be some pretty lame copies of blaster heroes we already have. And BB-8 is more popular. So they are doing something to get more eyes on the game. That's another reason I don't think they will pass on Ahsoka. She's too popular, and of course brings dual wield lightsaber combat to the game.

Yeah, only time will tell I guess. Hopefully we get some news soon on what might be coming after bb8 and 9e. I hope at least it's something rather than nothing at all.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • ZephanUnbound
    3623 posts Member
    edited January 9
    I was quite annoyed at DICE when they announced BB-8 and BB-9E, two characters that basically nobody asked for, instead of highly requested characters like Ahsoka/Ventress, Padme/Cad Bane, or Jyn/Krennic. Still am to a lesser degree. Gameplay uniqueness should not be more important to DICE than delivering heavily requested characters that offer a bit less uniqueness in terms of gameplay. I just hope that we are getting Ahsoka/Ventress the following month, in February timed with the release of Clone Wars season 7, or at least in March or April (when the last episode of Clone Wars season 7 will air). DICE first teased them by leaving those Grievous voice lines for dataminers to find 14 months ago, and they've teased them several times since. It's time to stop teasing and start doing imho.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on

Actually the reason why people don't want clone wars/PT content to continue is because.... A. It was drip fed with a meager amount of content like one reinforcement a month was just lame.... and B. because it's already had it's full year of content, so let's let every fan have a fair chance at content.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • bfloo
    16976 posts Member

I could care less, so make up whatever deadline you want. It's not some kind of competition to me. I just wouldn't be surprised if they've been done for a while and just waiting to be timed with Clone Wars Season 7, given that the devs are Ahsoka fans.

But to be frank, OP is right. Of all the heroes to add, we get two soccer ball droids? Who wouldn't want Ahsoka and Ventress instead?

The soccer balls have more entertainment value. Especially if they get death star like lasers like the pick ups in the last game.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    16976 posts Member
    At least the majoprity of people know who BB-8 is and have an idea of the other. The characters you suggest, out of the CW fan bois, few if any have heard of.

Oh and saying that these two CW nuffies offer "unique game play" all I can say is ROFLMAO.

I forgot all about evil bb-8 until they decided to add him.

h846398gb27k.png

Sorry I was only asking your opinion.

But anyway, just to add.... I for one definitely prefer the droid announcement over Ashoka and Ventress.
  • At least the majoprity of people know who BB-8 is and have an idea of the other. The characters you suggest, out of the CW fan bois, few if any have heard of.

Oh and saying that these two CW nuffies offer "unique game play" all I can say is ROFLMAO.

Just isn’t true 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

But anyway, just to add.... I for one definitely prefer the droid announcement over Ashoka and Ventress.

I really like TCW, but with a whole year being dedicated to CW content, I’d rather take BB-8 and BB-9E over Ahsoka or Ventress at this point.
  • At least the majoprity of people know who BB-8 is and have an idea of the other. The characters you suggest, out of the CW fan bois, few if any have heard of.

Objectively false
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    At least the majoprity of people know who BB-8 is and have an idea of the other. The characters you suggest, out of the CW fan bois, few if any have heard of.

Objectively false

Man, you must realize that more SW fans know who BB-8 is. Way more.Ahsoka has only ever appeared in cartoons.

I have no problem with Ahsoka/Ventress. Dual wielding lightsaber characters such as these would be interesting to play. They would certainly be different than Grievous, who’s more like a big ogre swinging tree trunks. But they haven’t added any heroes who weren’t from a movie and I’m just not sure that they’re going to.

Maybe they will before the end, but I don’t think that’ll be in the next few months with CW season 7.

Anyway, I’m not against Ahsoka Ventress, but it’s not objectively false that BB-8 is more recognizable. In fact it’s a certainty.

Objectively false

Man, you must realize that more SW fans know who BB-8 is. Way more.Ahsoka has only ever appeared in cartoons.

I have no problem with Ahsoka/Ventress. Dual wielding lightsaber characters such as these would be interesting to play. They would certainly be different than Grievous, who’s more like a big ogre swinging tree trunks. But they haven’t added any heroes who weren’t from a movie and I’m just not sure that they’re going to.

Maybe they will before the end, but I don’t think that’ll be in the next few months with CW season 7.

Anyway, I’m not against Ahsoka Ventress, but it’s not objectively false that BB-8 is more recognizable. In fact it’s a certainty.

Pretty sure we’re speaking the “only CW fan bios know Ahsoka” and “few if not any”

That’s been proven wrong over the years
  • ROMG4
    4620 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I never did
    DemandingLawfulFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • bfloo wrote: »

Me too. Though I've gone through much effort to wipe as much of episode 8 from my memory as possible.

Objectively false

Pretty sure we’re speaking the “only CW fan bios know Ahsoka” and “few if not any”

That’s been proven wrong over the years

Ok. Fair enough.

The soccer balls have more entertainment value. Especially if they get death star like lasers like the pick ups in the last game.

Yeah I bet you guys are on the edge of your seats waiting for BB-8 lol
  • SnakeMajin
    764 posts Member
    edited January 10
    I was quite annoyed at DICE when they announced BB-8 and BB-9E, two characters that basically nobody asked for, instead of highly requested characters like Ahsoka/Ventress, Padme/Cad Bane, or Jyn/Krennic. Still am to a lesser degree. Gameplay uniqueness should not be more important to DICE than delivering heavily requested characters that offer a bit less uniqueness in terms of gameplay. I just hope that we are getting Ahsoka/Ventress the following month, in February timed with the release of Clone Wars season 7, or at least in March or April (when the last episode of Clone Wars season 7 will air). DICE first teased them by leaving those Grievous voice lines for dataminers to find 14 months ago, and they've teased them several times since. It's time to stop teasing and start doing imho.

How could you expect something else "now" ?

ST heroes were needed, well they chose Droids for the sake of gameplay, but that's the best moment to bring whatever ST hero there was to benefit from the movie tie-in.

Should TCW heroes come they can wait for the TCW tie-in. As Jyn and Krennic should wait for the "OT joins CS, Instant Action and Coop" wave of content, if not possible there is still the Cassian show to benefit from a tie-in.
  • ROMG4
    4620 posts Member

Oh I am absolutely ecstatic. For two years have I campaigned for OOM-9 and other Droid heroes, now after all this time. I am getting two Droid Heroes

The foundation for OOM-9 has been founded, the potential is there now, the Trooper heroes shall rise
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Oh I am absolutely ecstatic. For two years have I campaigned for OOM-9 and other Droid heroes, now after all this time. I am getting two Droid Heroes

The foundation for OOM-9 has been founded, the potential is there now, the Trooper heroes shall rise

But...they don't have legs lol
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »

ST heroes were needed, well they chose Droids for the sake of gameplay, but that's the best moment to bring whatever ST hero there was to benefit from the movie tie-in.

Should TCW heroes come they can wait for the TCW tie-in. As Jyn and Krennic should wait for the "OT joins CS, Instant Action and Coop" wave of content, if not possible there is still the Cassian show to benefit from a tie-in.

I think that's more or less what Zephan is saying. It's fine for ST to have heroes. BB-8 and BB-9E just seem odd when Hux and Poe were the popular choices.

Clone Wars Season 7 comes out in February, so that's the "event" to finally bring in Ahsoka and Ventress. He's saying if DICE passes on that after giving us BB-8 and BB-9E, it will anger him and likely a solid number of fans.

I agree about Jyn and Krennic or some other Rogue One options. Once they start rolling adding OT to CS and Co-op, those heroes should arrive. They could start that in March or April, even if they bring Ahsoka and Ventress for a Clone Wars Season 7 event.

Nah it's fine. The way it read I thought it was another "no more Clown Wars" type of comment. Given that these forums basically erupted over it, you are definitely in the minority lol
  • ZephanUnbound
    3623 posts Member
    edited January 10
    SnakeMajin wrote: »

I was not against them announcing ST heroes considering they were doing a ST season for Episode 9, I just find their choice of BB-8 and BB-9E questionable, considering I don't think they've ever ranked on any most wanted hero poll or survey that I've ever seen done for this game. Poe and Hux would make alot more sense since they were actually requested by some people, and BB-8 and BB-9E could have been abilities for them to use. Plus their small size will make BB-8 and BB-9E even more annoying to shoot than Yoda.

My other concern, besides the lack of popularity for BB-8 and BB-9E, is that because DICE's DLC team for this game seems to be so tiny, that BB-8 and BB-9E will have taken up so much of their hero team's manpower that they now won't have time to get Ahsoka and Ventress finished before the potential tie-in window for Clone Wars season 7 is over in April. Hopefully all of the leaks and datamining were right, and the hero team got most of the work on Ahsoka and Ventress done months ago and have just been waiting to announce and release them until Clone Wars season 7 releases.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »

I was not against them announcing ST heroes considering they were doing a ST season, I just find their choice of BB-8 and BB-9E questionable, considering I don't think they've ever ranked on any most wanted hero poll or survey that I've ever seen done for this game. Poe and Hux would make alot more sense since they were actually requested by some people, and BB-8 and BB-9E could have been abilities for them to use.
    Don’t worry, we’ll get saber and blaster heroes one day?
  • bfloo
    16976 posts Member

I can't wait for them to roll over saber heroes and generate hate thread after hate thread.

id32tspnl6w7.png

h846398gb27k.png

• SnakeMajin
    764 posts Member
    edited January 10
    SnakeMajin wrote: »

I was not against them announcing ST heroes considering they were doing a ST season for Episode 9, I just find their choice of BB-8 and BB-9E questionable, considering I don't think they've ever ranked on any most wanted hero poll or survey that I've ever seen done for this game. Poe and Hux would make alot more sense since they were actually requested by some people, and BB-8 and BB-9E could have been abilities for them to use. Plus their small size will make BB-8 and BB-9E even more annoying to shoot than Yoda.

My other concern, besides the lack of popularity for BB-8 and BB-9E, is that because DICE's DLC team for this game seems to be so tiny, that BB-8 and BB-9E will have taken up so much of their hero team's manpower that they now won't have time to get Ahsoka and Ventress finished before the potential tie-in window for Clone Wars season 7 is over in April. Hopefully all of the leaks and datamining were right, and the hero team got most of the work on Ahsoka and Ventress done months ago and have just been waiting to announce and release them until Clone Wars season 7 releases.

I just thought for January you hoped for popular characters rather than ST characters. I mean according to your examples.

If they were indeed planned I do think Ahsoka and Ventress might have been ready for quite some time. It took them one year to deliver a set of 4 heroes - Grievous, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Anakin. Odds are it would take them the same amount of time to deliver another set of 4 heroes - Droids and TCW.

Otherwise, I really don't know what the hero team has been doing for a year. The community video showed work in progress for BB9-E, so I guess they didn't start them before Fall. Between Anakin and Autumn that's a hell lot of time.
  • bfloo wrote: »

I can't wait for them to roll over saber heroes and generate hate thread after hate thread.

id32tspnl6w7.png

I don't know about that. If they don't roll better than Droidekas, it could be rough. I'll wait and see and that's about all I can say at this point...
  • Something I put in another thread, I want to see Ahsoka more for her OT Fulcrum version in Rebels than her Clone Wars version. All they'd have to do is add a skin for Ahsoka, and she could be OT era. It's a great look for her too...white lightsabers with a Ronin or Samurai style to her outfit.

They could balance her out with a Rebels skin for Maul which brings him to OT era too.
  • Something I put in another thread, I want to see Ahsoka more for her OT Fulcrum version in Rebels than her Clone Wars version. All they'd have to do is add a skin for Ahsoka, and she could be OT era. It's a great look for her too...white lightsabers with a Ronin or Samurai style to her outfit.

They could balance her out with a Rebels skin for Maul which brings him to OT era too.

I would welcome her as an OT hero with open arms. Hopefully they could mix her CW voice lines and still use Ventress. I want my Ventress
  • vonVile
    529 posts Member
    edited January 11
    The game doesn't need any more lightsaber heroes or PT content. Its needs OT blaster heroes. Bring in Jyn, Krennic, Dengar, and Nien.
  • lowell
    2370 posts Member
    vonVile wrote: »
    The game doesn't need any more lightsaber heroes or PT content. Its needs OT blaster heroes. Bring in Jyn, Krennic, Dengar, and Nien.

Could see Rogue One content coming during the release of the Cassian and K-2SO series.

I don't mind getting content from Rebels and the Marvel Comics.

There's a lot of demand for Thrawn and Hera could be his counter. Sabine (maybe with the Darksaber) could counter Gar Saxon.

But I don't mind bringing in Kanan, Ezra, and the Inquisitors.

Zeb with his AB-75 Bo-Rifle would be epic meleeing against Kallus and his J-19 or even Rukh with his electrostaff.

Btw, Nien might have died in the Exegol battle in TROS:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/no-one-is-sure-if-nien-nunb-is-alive-or-dead-1840930163

I would welcome her as an OT hero with open arms. Hopefully they could mix her CW voice lines and still use Ventress. I want my Ventress

Actually that could work........ how about this?.....

OT heroes Ashoka and Maul (Rebels skin) to counter...... then we get Mace windu, and Ventress to counter, there, then we get both of the two most wanted saber heroes.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Something I put in another thread, I want to see Ahsoka more for her OT Fulcrum version in Rebels than her Clone Wars version. All they'd have to do is add a skin for Ahsoka, and she could be OT era. It's a great look for her too...white lightsabers with a Ronin or Samurai style to her outfit.

Actually that could work........ how about this?.....

OT heroes Ashoka and Maul (Rebels skin) to counter...... then we get Mace windu, and Ventress to counter, there, then we get both of the two most wanted saber heroes.

Idk how I feel like 2 Mauls. Gimme Grand Inquisitor and Mace +!Ventress later and I’m down