criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

When is REY going to get her last name added?

2

Replies

  • maybe the dark side is inherently unbalanced
  • maybe the dark side is inherently unbalanced

    kop57j37qlnm.gif
  • I love me some daisy. But someone call her the Chosen one again and I’m telling Darth Vader where the rebel base is.

    Chosen one.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    I love me some daisy. But someone call her the Chosen one again and I’m telling Darth Vader where the rebel base is.

    Chosen one.

    Someone cooler do it
  • If we change Rey’s name we gotta change Kylo’s. It’s canon law.
  • Well, i don't know about adding in a last name, Skywalker or Palpatine would work for me but...... but i think what's top priority is getting her.....
    Yellow saber as a skin for Rey, that as a skin would beat out any other saber color in the game, finally something other than blue and green... so please add it!
  • Still a fan of the classic MaRey Sue, personally. :)
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • "...some things are stronger than blood."
  • Full name is Rey Mary Sue nobody from nowhere let the past die no one is ever really gone Palpatine Skywalker.
  • We can also say that REY isn't her real name. It was written on a rebel helmet that she eats and sits with. Making it her name which a young child won't remember their actual real first and last name, after being ditched on planet.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • We can also say that REY isn't her real name. It was written on a rebel helmet that she eats and sits with. Making it her name which a young child won't remember their actual real first and last name, after being ditched on planet.

    😱🤭
  • We can also say that REY isn't her real name. It was written on a rebel helmet that she eats and sits with. Making it her name which a young child won't remember their actual real first and last name, after being ditched on planet.

    I like REY, good name.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • -I'm Rey
    -Rey who?
    -Reybans 😎
  • "I'm Rey"

    "Rey who?"

    Rey stares quizzically into the distance

    "Fine I'll just put down Rey Solo"

    END CREDITS
  • StarLillie
    459 posts Member
    edited January 12
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .

    Technically you can change your last name to pretty much whatever you want if you pay a fee... Still think she should be a S though.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .

    Technically you can change your last name to pretty much whatever you want if you pay a fee... Still think she should be a S though.

    She didn't go pay and change her name.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • lowell
    2120 posts Member
    edited January 12
    If this rename for Rey should happen, then Starkiller Base should also be renamed as Ilum in the game because the TROS Visual Dictionary basically retconned into canon that they're the same planet (hint was already placed in Fallen Order for us to know basically it was the same planet from TCW that was destroyed in TFA).

    I don't mind if the Command Center and Precinct 47 name stays but they could replace the subtitles in the maps with Starkiller Base: Command Center and Starkiller Base: Precinct 47.
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias **** name of Skywalker.
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Leia was literally adopted
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Leia was literally adopted

    That doesn't change her bloodlines. It doesn't alter who she is on a genetic level.
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Leia was literally adopted

    That doesn't change her bloodlines. It doesn't alter who she is on a genetic level.

    Do you know how adoption works?
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • lowell
    2120 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    If this rename for Rey should happen, then Starkiller Base should also be renamed as Ilum in the game because the TROS Visual Dictionary basically retconned into canon that they're the same planet (hint was already placed in Fallen Order for us to know basically it was the same planet from TCW that was destroyed in TFA).

    I don't mind if the Command Center and Precinct 47 name stays but they could replace the subtitles in the maps with Starkiller Base: Command Center and Starkiller Base: Precinct 47.

    I would also recommend if it's possible that we rename the First Order in the game to the Final Order, especially if we do get Exegol as a map in the future for any mode.

    It makes sense to give the organization its death name, and it makes sense since people have said Sith Troopers were First Order, they were actually part of Sheev's Sith Fleet, which when Sheev combines it with the FO comes out as the Final Order.
  • Alwe15
    2168 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »
    StarLillie wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .

    Technically you can change your last name to pretty much whatever you want if you pay a fee... Still think she should be a S though.

    She didn't go pay and change her name.

    That would have been a boring scene to watch...queue lines at the deed poll offices.
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Zirius wrote: »
    Like she even deserves the name. Still a mary sue, like always, to represent a certain agenda, nothing more.To even associate her as All the Jedi... you don't say. She's the force itself even, since we found out some time ago that the force is female...

    Her Mary sue status is nowhere near as bad as it was though before ep9 at least we have an explanation. She still was a little OP but at the end of the day who really cares now that the trilogy is over

    Lmao no, it was much worse in 9. Peak mary sue. Explanation or not
  • Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take there new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. Im not realted to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.

    See how that works?
  • StarLillie
    459 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take there new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. Im not realted to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.

    See how that works?

    So maybe Leia's legally Organa. If there were legal adoption papers. Luke should have been named Lars if that's the case... Same situation, they were left with families who raised them.
    Either way I definitely feel Rey is more Skywalker than a Palpatine.
    She's too "good" to hold a name like Palpatine.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    She's literally not a S. You can't just steal a last name cause it's more convenient for you. She has no relation to them at all lol. Not to mention the entire second half of the movie they kept telling her
    not to fear who she really is
    .
    Yes she is. Yes you can. Others have done that exact thing.
    Leia wasn't even an Organa in blood.
    If Sheev Palpatine manipulated the force to make Anakin Skywalker... Then Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Kylo, are all Palpatines, using an alias ***** name of Skywalker.

    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take there new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. Im not realted to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.

    See how that works?

    So maybe Leia's legally Organa. If there were legal adoption papers. Luke should have been named Lars if that's the case... Same situation, they were left with families who raised them.
    Either way I definitely feel Rey is more Skywalker than a Palpatine.
    She's too "good" to hold a name like Palpatine.

    Palpatine isn't an inherent bad name as they spent like a majority of the movie telling her
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • She was born to Palpatine, when did Palpatine ever sire children to have Rey? And Rey identifies as a Skywalker?
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »
    Do you know how adoption works?
    Yes. Do you?
    Rey considers herself a Skywalker.
    She's adopted that name.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take their new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. I'm not related to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.
    See how that works?
    If you want to change your legal last name to McGregor, you can.
    Do we need to see Rey going to an office someplace and doing all the paying, paperwork, and waiting for 4-6 months until she's officially registered in some system or another as 'Skywalker'?
    How about in every movie, we just include when they sleep for 8 hours too, so that the audience knows that the course of action was taken, instead of implied.

    Rey identifies as a skywalker. That makes her one, in name. Luke and Leia's force ghosts weren't disagreeing with Rey's choice at the end of the film.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    StarLillie wrote: »
    So maybe Leia's legally Organa. If there were legal adoption papers. Luke should have been named Lars if that's the case... Same situation, they were left with families who raised them.
    Either way I definitely feel Rey is more Skywalker than a Palpatine.
    She's too "good" to hold a name like Palpatine.
    Solo didn't have a last name till some random Empire guy was all "Eh, Han... Solo."
    So I don't see what people's problem is that Rey has decided she wants to identify with the name that her closest friends had. ((Friends/mentors that were probably related to her anyways.))

    Wknuto!
  • ROMG4
    4059 posts Member
    Taking someone else's identity is IDENTITY THEFT. Identity Theft is against the LAW

    Identity Theft, its a crime Rey. What say you in your defense?
  • Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Do you know how adoption works?
    Yes. Do you?
    Rey considers herself a Skywalker.
    She's adopted that name.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take their new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. I'm not related to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.
    See how that works?
    If you want to change your legal last name to McGregor, you can.
    Do we need to see Rey going to an office someplace and doing all the paying, paperwork, and waiting for 4-6 months until she's officially registered in some system or another as 'Skywalker'?
    How about in every movie, we just include when they sleep for 8 hours too, so that the audience knows that the course of action was taken, instead of implied.

    Rey identifies as a skywalker. That makes her one, in name. Luke and Leia's force ghosts weren't disagreeing with Rey's choice at the end of the film.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    StarLillie wrote: »
    So maybe Leia's legally Organa. If there were legal adoption papers. Luke should have been named Lars if that's the case... Same situation, they were left with families who raised them.
    Either way I definitely feel Rey is more Skywalker than a Palpatine.
    She's too "good" to hold a name like Palpatine.
    Solo didn't have a last name till some random Empire guy was all "Eh, Han... Solo."
    So I don't see what people's problem is that Rey has decided she wants to identify with the name that her closest friends had. ((Friends/mentors that were probably related to her anyways.))

    You don't adopt names. You get them changed. Rey though she was being clever at the end of the movie by saying she felt more related to them but that's not her name.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Taking someone else's identity is IDENTITY THEFT. Identity Theft is against the LAW

    Identity Theft, its a crime Rey. What say you in your defense?

    She's not trying to say her name is Padme Skywalker, but Rey. Its not identity theft.
    Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Do you know how adoption works?
    Yes. Do you?
    Rey considers herself a Skywalker.
    She's adopted that name.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    Thats different lmao. Leia was adopted. Adopted people take their new parents names. I cant just walk around and say my name is Tom McGregor. I'm not related to Ewan McGregor and he didn't adopt me.
    See how that works?
    If you want to change your legal last name to McGregor, you can.
    Do we need to see Rey going to an office someplace and doing all the paying, paperwork, and waiting for 4-6 months until she's officially registered in some system or another as 'Skywalker'?
    How about in every movie, we just include when they sleep for 8 hours too, so that the audience knows that the course of action was taken, instead of implied.

    Rey identifies as a skywalker. That makes her one, in name. Luke and Leia's force ghosts weren't disagreeing with Rey's choice at the end of the film.

    ((But I'm pretty sure all Skywalkers are Palpatine origins, so she counts in blood too.))
    StarLillie wrote: »
    So maybe Leia's legally Organa. If there were legal adoption papers. Luke should have been named Lars if that's the case... Same situation, they were left with families who raised them.
    Either way I definitely feel Rey is more Skywalker than a Palpatine.
    She's too "good" to hold a name like Palpatine.
    Solo didn't have a last name till some random Empire guy was all "Eh, Han... Solo."
    So I don't see what people's problem is that Rey has decided she wants to identify with the name that her closest friends had. ((Friends/mentors that were probably related to her anyways.))

    Exactly, I'm all for Skywalker being her name...
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    edited January 12
    polarition wrote: »
    You don't adopt names. You get them changed. Rey though she was being clever at the end of the movie by saying she felt more related to them but that's not her name.
    You may adopt accents, adopt names, adopt living things. Adoption itself just means to take in something foreign and treat it like your own.
    Is that what Rey was thinking at the end of the movie? Tell me more about what characters are thinking when they do things. What was going through Vader's mind when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    You don't adopt names. You get them changed. Rey though she was being clever at the end of the movie by saying she felt more related to them but that's not her name.
    You may adopt accents, adopt names, adopt living things. Adoption itself just means to take in something foreign and treat it like your own.
    Is that what Rey was thinking at the end of the movie? Tell me more about what characters are thinking when they do things. What was going through Vader's mind when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?

    That he was going to save his son?
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

    h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Taking someone else's identity is IDENTITY THEFT. Identity Theft is against the LAW

    Identity Theft, its a crime Rey. What say you in your defense?
    Yeah, forget stabbing our Supreme Leader, causing civil discord, and all those other rebellious/resistor charges. . . We want to take you to court over a name, Rey. -IF even that is your REAL name.
    (It's too bad you didn't like the Rebels cartoon. I want to add some Ezra/Jabba nonsense but it'd be lost on you.)
    Wknuto!
  • ROMG4
    4059 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Taking someone else's identity is IDENTITY THEFT. Identity Theft is against the LAW

    Identity Theft, its a crime Rey. What say you in your defense?
    Yeah, forget stabbing our Supreme Leader, causing civil discord, and all those other rebellious/resistor charges. . . We want to take you to court over a name, Rey. -IF even that is your REAL name.
    (It's too bad you didn't like the Rebels cartoon. I want to add some Ezra/Jabba nonsense but it'd be lost on you.)

    I watched every season of rebels

    Why do you think Space Whales still give me PTSD?
  • the Luke and Leia force ghosts at the end were peak cringe
  • lowell
    2120 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    She was born to Palpatine, when did Palpatine ever sire children to have Rey? And Rey identifies as a Skywalker?

    There was a plot point in George's canceled Underworld series that Sheev fell in love with someone post-ROTS. Lucasfilm still has the unproduced scripts in its archives, maybe JJ and Chris read it and decided to take inspiration from it to write part of it into TROS?
  • It’s the worst part in the movie, and comes out of nowhere.


    Either keep it the same or Palpatine
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Rey doesn’t deserve that name.
    Palpatine would suffice

    She definitely deserves that name.

    I am quite late to this - why would she?
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • NomiSunstrider
    3718 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Rey doesn’t deserve that name.
    Palpatine would suffice

    She definitely deserves that name.

    I am quite late to this - why would she?

    Because she earned it. Despite her being a Palpatine, she defied that, she wanted to remain a good person, a person who would fight her "destiny" to be Empress. She defeated Sheev, and earned her the right to be called whatever she liked, including Skywalker.
    And she did that out of respect, since Ben died, she wanted to continue the Skywalker line.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Rey doesn’t deserve that name.
    Palpatine would suffice

    She definitely deserves that name.

    I am quite late to this - why would she?

    Because she earned it. Despite her being a Palpatine, she defied that, she wanted to remain a good person, a person who would fight her "destiny" to be Empress. She defeated Sheev, and earned her the right to be called whatever she liked, including Skywalker.
    And she did that out of respect, since Ben died, she wanted to continue the Skywalker line.

    mhm .. well there were barely any other options for her. Kill palpatine and become sidious himself, get killed if she doesn't behave properly or yeah, win because emperor decided to use force lighting contineously although it is deflected back at him (stupid af, thanks for this scene). But has she really earned it? Not on screen to me, sorry.

    But maybe it is just because I really dislike the ST since the movies barely fit to each other and there is no continous story. But that is my opinion. Don't know what Disney makes / has made canon regarding her name.
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • So Rey killed her grandad and then killed his enemies grandson, sounds legit...
  • ROMG4
    4059 posts Member
    edited January 13
    3lyqb5.jpg
    3lyqht.jpg
  • Disney is so annoying. Making her the chosen one in the end that brought balance to the force
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Disney is so annoying. Making her the chosen one in the end that brought balance to the force

    whole ST was treating the former / earlier films too bad ...

    EP. 4 is now ***** due to force teleporting and the ship-hyperspace scene from ep.8... simply program a robot to sit in a ship and come out of hyperspace in the deathstar to destroy it... completely broke ep.4 (and ep.6 as well)

    EP. 6: well, basically see death star mentions above. Furthermore the whole point of destroying the emperor was just.. well, not achieved? Emperor survived and build an even bigger army (however?!?!?!)...

    EP. 1-6 completely broken since it has been the saga of the chosen one and EP.9 with the revive of palpatine somewhat presents us with the fact, that the chosen one was never the chosen one and failed his destiny since he never brought balance to the force? Wow, instead it is rey cause reasons... Thx for nothing

    But hey, again, it is my point why I do not like these films... happy if you people can / could enjoy it more

    Don’t overthink those movies bro.

    And for the hyperspace ramming: The Raddus had special shields.

    When 3 imo 1 destroyers rammed the executor they all blew up.

    It's not overthinking though, but if you call it a saga (a continous saga tbh) I am expecting that the story fits together, which simply isn't the case
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • imagine Palpatine out on a date...yikes!
This discussion has been closed.