criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Anyone else experiencing an abnormally large amount of bugs with Anakin?

I've been using him a lot lately but some extremely weird bugs have been happening and quite frequently. Like one that just happened was I used heroic might and the animation went through and I even saw the wind from his push. But nobody took damage and then I got heroic might back after a few seconds but that was already after Vader and Kylo begun to mercilessly spam me. This has happened a lot in the past week or so.

Also, there was a weird glitch where I couldn't swing my saber for a few seconds. I pressed to swing and just held my block.....it was the weirdest thing. Like I wasn't just holding swing I was pressing it and letting go but my block just stuck. Also during that time I couldn't run. But like I said after about 5 seconds I could again. I also have to mention that right before this i used HM but HM didnt work. Then this glitch happened.

Replies

• CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    Yeaha. His bugs are really strong atm
  • Ani is plagued with bugs.

HM and Ret have a bunch of bugs that will often get you killed. Very annoying.
  • Yeah HM is pretty unpredictable and an easy way to get yourself killed in HVV. Passionate strike too. While playing I mostly just use pull and regular attacks
  • I made a thread about this and other 'bugs' being non-responsive controls and abilities, or lagging abilities. A room full of campers on Endor, you go in and Heroic Might and it doesn't even trigger. If it does trigger it's too late or does nothing as if people are hiding behind blocks. With Luke I couldn't even run the other day on Endor. I was in the running animation but he was moving slower than his walking pace. It took both Maul and Palpatine to use abilities together on me to take me out of that, by then I had 250 health left and an AT-ST takes me out with it's splash damage. Abilities on regular infantry are taking time to trigger too. The game is filled with bugs and it's ruining my fun.
  • maggiorestronzo
    43 posts Member
    edited January 11
    A couple of days ago I tried to use retribution, it didn't work and from then on I couldn't even swing anakins lightsaber nor protect, use other abilities... Nothing. I could only jump around. And that wasn't even the first time this happened to me.
  • I experienced number 6 the other day. I chose Anakin to counter an out of control palps just to get stuck with nothing but block working. HM didn't work, pull didn't work, nothing but swing and block because he had dark aura and zapped me (while blocking). It's dumb that his lightning goes through blocks too. I've blocked with everyone and even Yoda takes damage while blocking him. Even without dark aura going.
  • Update: I've played about 4 or 5 matches with Anakin (a lot I know) and every single match the glitch happened. Sometimes more than once and every single time it resulted in either a huge loss of health or death. Latest example. Kylo freezes me then starts to frenzy as enemies are shooting at me. I HM right when I break out of freeze but it does nothing. I have to run away and at that point I'm at below 100 HP. This is literally ruining my experience. I dont spam my abilities as Anakin. I use HM when I'm surrounded or when in a tight situation. How is it the case that every single match now this ability is bugging out and not working. This is extremely frustrating @F8RGE
  • Yes after being practically bug free at launch he's just like the other heroes 🙂 thank the community
  • Yes after being practically bug free at launch he's just like the other heroes 🙂 thank the community

He might’ve been bug free but he was also broken lol
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    1. HM animation gets STUCK into full animation if he gets struck by lighting/shock from Palp/Dooku/Iden/Phasma's bot. So you'll be just sitting there unable to quickly release and leave...it does release after like 2/3 seconds but makes him a sitting duck!
    I forgot to mention this one. It happens less frequently than the one I initially made this post about but it's still a problem. I almost always one tap to use HM but sometimes I get stuck in the animation. Apparently one of the causes is from Palpatine? So now yet another problem with Palpatine along with Anakin lol. Anakin's abilities only effect the one using him while Palpatine literally effects everyone around him in a negative way. How broken is that?

Community has nothing to do with it. People were asking for nerfs not bugs ;v
  • Psy3d
    985 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »
    Apparently one of the causes is from Palpatine? So now yet another problem with Palpatine along with Anakin lol.

Yes for me it's been like 99% time a palp is around and the other 1% was Dooku and the girls with their shock bots.

I'm prolly mental for saying this but for me it seems Ani takes more damage or gets affected by Palp than anyone else from DS. As Palp I always find fairly easy to finish off an Ani player compared to all the other LS saber heroes since Ani has bad stamina which is easy to drain fast to open him up due to his bad regen. Every other LS saber hero has a rush/dash move to create distance, to give an opportunity to run away while Ani does not.

As Ani I always make it my top priority to finish off Palp in GA asap than anyone else...as there's a high chance of being bugged and walking in sand the rest of the match! I even have retribution saved up so I can 4x ability spam that Palp quickly. The broken one needs to be looked into by the Dev's for sure!
  • Bugged, like every other hero it seems. What's up with the jogging too? Is it just me or are heroes walking when you're trying to jog? I switched it back and forth between toggle and hold for the jog on the stick but it matters not. Abilities not triggering etc. I think the bugs in this game have gotten worse since the last update.
  • EA_Tom
    467 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey troopers,

Thanks for flagging these bugs. To help me help you, would it be possible to log them via Answers HQ? It ensures we have all the correct info when I pass this on to our team.

You can do so, here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey troopers,

Thanks for flagging these bugs. To help me help you, would it be possible to log them via Answers HQ? It ensures we have all the correct info when I pass this on to our team.

You can do so, here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Done 👍
  • EA_Tom
    467 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey troopers,

Done 👍

You da best! I'm going through these now to get them to our team.

Hey troopers,

Done 👍

Nothing will happen unfortunately.

I appreciate your positive attitude! o:)
  • I never play Ani but decided to try him out, yesterday I played only a few matches of hvv with him and had similar to #6 happen.
    None of his abilities worked, but I also was not able to swing OR block. Literally just jump or run.
    Incredibly disappointing :'(
  • Retribution glitches a lot
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I was just playing anakin a second ago and had to make a forum post. If anyone’s curious here’s the link
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152725/hero-ability-attacks-should-block-180-degrees/p1?new=1
    Hey troopers,

Done 👍

Hey troopers,

Done 👍

Just being realistic. There’s so much the team has to do so they won’t bother.
  • No surprise here.....most of the game is bugged yet again!
  • Heroic might get stuck I would say 90% of the time that it is touched by dark aura.
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    I've had one recently that even with full stamina he will not swing his saber and you end up getting battered as you just have to stare at the opposition
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Retribution is broke, and honestly very very situational i got lucky and got one off perfectly timed, but the same way Luke’s repulse is still buggy same applies here.
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • I must confess I rarely ever encouter BUGs with Anakin. But I know why, and although it may make you play worse with Ani, it helps on dealing with his BUGs: Anakin is a Delicate Princess, therefore every ability must be used cautiously.

All 4 of his abilities are extremely prone to interruptions, including lag/performance issues (yes, even these can interrupt his abilities), which leads to all sort of faulty and buggy states. So if you never use them while getting hit, or when all enemies are at your face, they'll probably work.

Now you must be wondering what use are his abilities if when the enemies are close, you shouldn't use them in fear they might get interrupted. Well, so let's be a bit more specific:
    - His Pull is the most reliable of all 4. This means it's the one you can use in most situations without the fear of it getting interrupted. OTOH, if you're getting spammed, this ability will probably be your ticket to death as you have no DR, and you stay like a sitting duck for ages performing the ability's animation. It's worth noting that it can fail, pretty much like any other force power (every force power, but especially pushes, can fail at random), and if you use it in an enemy which is so near he's already touching you, the ability will probably fail to hit the enemy (like with most force powers performed at this range);
    - His Passionate Strike is useless. Pretty much this. AFAIK, its only use is to hit blocking enemies that don't dodge oftenly. It's worth knowing that Passionate Strike, like any Melee-Range Attack, is prone to the Tracking feature, so if you use it in a close enemy, and he starts moving away, you'll probably get pushed towards him as the move is performed and hit him anyway;
    - Heroic Might is a mess. However, in its mess, there's redemption: Every time this skill fails, you either get it refunded right away, or if not, you get 90% damage reduction until the bugged state ends, and by that time the ability gets refunded. While in the bugged state waiting for the auto fix, sometimes you can stay stuck in place, sometimes you are free to move, and sometimes you can move but is severely restricted (like you can't attack, or use abilities). Although the mess is huge, having 90% damage reduction while waiting for things to get back to normal is a great trade-off that'll probably keep you alive until things get fixed. It was worse in the past when you could get perma stuck until a stagger/stun/forced movement effect saved you from it;
    - Retribution is the worst of the 4. Besides the moment you don't have DR, but you're already performing the ability's animation (a design flaw IMO), the ability can be easily interrupted, even when you already spent more then one second performing the beginning of the animation. And it has some serious BUG states associated with it, but I'm unaware which have been fixed already and which haven't.

Since they introduced the refund of abilities that suffered some sort of interruption, Ani's issues are a lot more bearable.

@Psy3d thanks for the detailed info on Ani's BUGs!
    Yes after being practically bug free at launch he's just like the other heroes 🙂 thank the community

I assure you he wasn't. It just took some time for the BUGs to be spotted. The HM perma stuck BUG was already a thing for example (and luckily it isn't anymore), as it was the Retribution Stuck Sound BUG. When he could do 1000 damage in an almost infinite radius with his Heroic Might, nobody was interested in checking his BUGs.
    StarLillie wrote: »
    I never play Ani but decided to try him out, yesterday I played only a few matches of hvv with him and had similar to #6 happen.
    None of his abilities worked, but I also was not able to swing OR block. Literally just jump or run.
    Incredibly disappointing :'(

Maybe it was this BUG https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Interrupted-Retribution-BUG-Anakin-can-only-Passionate-Strike/m-p/7619211#M21952 ?

But by Psy3d's description, it's a different issue.

I guess I should spend a testing session with Anakin. He seems to be riddled with BUGs. If anyone wants me to do it and has some suggestions of what and how I should try his features/issues, please leave a comment here. Your feedback is as useful as encouraging for my tests, and these tests can hopefully help devs fix these issues faster.

giphy.gif
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    Hey troopers,

Done 👍

Hey troopers,

Done 👍

can you guys also fix the bugs that causes Anakin's pull not to bring his enemies at his feet, barely pulls them, and will launch his enemies over his head
  • Alexios431 wrote: »
    Hey troopers,

Done 👍

Hey troopers,

Done 👍

can you guys also fix the bugs that causes Anakin's pull not to bring his enemies at his feet, barely pulls them, and will launch his enemies over his head

This is mostly if not entirely due to the physics system in this game, and it affects every forced movement ability. Weird is Maul's Choke Hold that sometimes pushes you, sometimes pulls you, sometimes send you sideways, and it's still unknown why it does that.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)