criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Play That Same Song Again!

I guess not.

Anyone notice the Cantina band isn't working in GA. Hit the X button, tried a few times, and got nothing.

Are Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes on tour?

@EA_Tom know this isn't a front burner item but what happened?

Replies

• I never noticed. What would cause something like that to be bugged anyway? Wonder how long it's been bugged
  • @EA_Tom it doesn’t work in arcade either, neither does the bridge on the Death Star or the door into the Endor hangar can this be looked at.
  • EA_Tom
    467 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Tom it doesn’t work in arcade either, neither does the bridge on the Death Star or the door into the Endor hangar can this be looked at.

Can you add some more details about what doesn't work on the bridge and hangar part?

Note: as those don't appear to be related to the Cantina Band, I wouldn't recommend to post your bugs / comments if they are off-topic. That's an easy way for us to miss them and also derails the topic.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @EA_Tom it doesn’t work in arcade either, neither does the bridge on the Death Star or the door into the Endor hangar can this be looked at.

This game is coming undone at the seams

Hello there :*
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4343 posts Member
    edited January 14
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    The show must go on. Will have it checked out.

Thanks Tom. I enjoy those little actionable item surprises in the game like the Cantina band, DS bridge and opening and closing doors. I know it doesn’t impact game play much but fun stuff nonetheless.
  • I guess not.

Anyone notice the Cantina band isn't working in GA. Hit the X button, tried a few times, and got nothing.

Did you know that using the machine costs points?
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    The show must go on. Will have it checked out.

Yo Dj, spin that sh...
  • @Jenga_Fett1 What machine?
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Post edited by EA_Tom on
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

@EA_Tom

I already showed this in the past, but EA_Rtas didn't seem to bother. See, this is definetly the work of the Censor Bot, censoring some kind of combination of letters inside a youtube URL. Last time for me it was the letters M and F one following the other. And because of this some Youtube Links won't turn into the embedded player, and will stay as broken links that lead nowhere.

@Jett_Fett_91166
    Curiously it worked for me yesterday on HvV. I played several times in a row to mock the enemies into chasing me inside the cantina. But I didn't try it in any other mode in ages.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • EA_Tom
    Alwe15 wrote: »

@EA_Tom

I already showed this in the past, but EA_Rtas didn't seem to bother. See, this is definetly the work of the Censor Bot, censoring some kind of combination of letters inside a youtube URL. Last time for me it was the letters M and F one following the other. And because of this some Youtube Links won't turn into the embedded player, and will stay as broken links that lead nowhere.

I'm able to grab the full link with my almighty admin powers so we're good. It was a troll video though.. :s

• I guess not.

The entire game is bugged out:
    • Endless Hero Bugs, reference my signature thread for some no one has talked about yet with chewy and Leia
    • Lightsaber combat(blocking & attacking),
    • light saber swing speeds issues
    • block and attack animations causing "secret parry mechanic bug"
    • Force powers being cancelled by spamming attacks, dodging, secret
    • A bunch of star cards don't work properly anymore
    • HvV round end bug. You start the round and it immediately ends. Happens for two reasons people count drops below required (start 3v3 on HvV and if one person leaves either side the game ends) and another is just a bug with all 4v4 active and the game just ends for no reason as no one left the game.
    • Issues with walls hit detection in most all maps. Dice needs to do a run through on all walls and correct hit detection on walls (attacks go through walls & lightsaber throws with increased distance get stuck in walls rather than return)

Dice is there some where I can list all the specifics with video for you to correct or do I have to create a bug report of each issue individually on bug thread?
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

@EA_Tom

I'm able to grab the full link with my almighty admin powers so we're good. It was a troll video though.. :s

It wasn't a troll video 😔

It's what OP is referencing in his title.
  • EA_Tom

maybe you should reply to his threads and talk about fixing the actual bugs, instead of cherrypicking the ones about cantina bands not working loll

I'll leave it up to you now that I've explained the best way to report bugs so our team can pick them up :)

@EA_Tom

I didn't say I didn't watch the video or enjoyed it ;)
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

maybe you should reply to his threads and talk about fixing the actual bugs, instead of cherrypicking the ones about cantina bands not working loll

I'll leave it up to you now that I've explained the best way to report bugs so our team can pick them up :)

@EA_Tom

Well, that's fair enough ☺

Can you fix the link, or does it not work like that?
  • EA_Tom

@EA_Tom

It appears I can!
    I guess not.

The entire game is bugged out:
    • Endless Hero Bugs, reference my signature thread for some no one has talked about yet with chewy and Leia
    • Lightsaber combat(blocking & attacking),
    • light saber swing speeds issues
    • block and attack animations causing "secret parry mechanic bug"
    • Force powers being cancelled by spamming attacks, dodging, secret
    • A bunch of star cards don't work properly anymore
    • HvV round end bug. You start the round and it immediately ends. Happens for two reasons people count drops below required (start 3v3 on HvV and if one person leaves either side the game ends) and another is just a bug with all 4v4 active and the game just ends for no reason as no one left the game.
    • Issues with walls hit detection in most all maps. Dice needs to do a run through on all walls and correct hit detection on walls (attacks go through walls & lightsaber throws with increased distance get stuck in walls rather than return)

Dice is there some where I can list all the specifics with video for you to correct or do I have to create a bug report of each issue individually on bug thread?

It's not cool to hijacks someones thread with your own bugs. The best place to report your bugs is always our dedicated Bug Report forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Completely agree with this above post as......I'm glad this person who created this thread brought this issue to light, but there lots of issues with all maps, and issues with the characters, and the game play mechanics and numerous other things in this game.

Maybe you all at dice could create a punch list of bugs you all have recognized/verified that need to be fixed and the level of focus towards those bugs:
    • Create a bug list of the month you have recognized and verified need fixing
    • List the Focus level for each bug - meaning it's (Low, medium, High, Severe) **Severe is like some bugs last month that were shutting people's consoles down entirely or not allowing them to play the game at all.
    • List roughly when people at dice think these issues will be fixed
    Because the number of bugs in this game is ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH and there is no consolidated message you are giving to the community! It seems like you all cherrypick discussing super easy bugs you can fix immediately and completely ignore the more major bugs in the game. Also doing this list of bugs could potentially address whether certain aspects of the game are as intended or a bug.

It's super disheartening to see you will response to a Cantina bug, but won't respond to other threads that contain more pressing game play bugs.

Essentially the communication on bugs is horrendous with this community and needs to be streamlined and consolidated so that the community knows that you are focusing on major bugs as well and small bugs alike. Respond to all bug reports as well.

@EA_Tom

It appears I can!

sionb9yuld46.png

Are you sure? I still can't see the video. Maybe the Censor Bot with his almighty Bot powers still superseded yours?
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • EA_Tom

@EA_Tom

It appears I can!

sionb9yuld46.png

Are you sure? I still can't see the video. Maybe the Censor Bot with his almighty Bot powers still superseded yours?

It showed for a second, but it does indeed appear that the almighty censorbot even holds power over my admin rights - sorry!
  • And the band played on. Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes are back! TY @EA_Tom.

• Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

@EA_Tom

It appears I can!

sionb9yuld46.png

It showed for a second, but it does indeed appear that the almighty censorbot even holds power over my admin rights - sorry!

Well, thanks for trying. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • swellinfoil266
    90 posts Member
    edited January 14

Can you add some more details about what doesn't work on the bridge and hangar part?

Note: as those don't appear to be related to the Cantina Band, I wouldn't recommend to post your bugs / comments if they are off-topic. That's an easy way for us to miss them and also derails the topic.

@EA_Tom
    I put it in a new post

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152723/more-details-about-the-bridge-and-hangar-for-ea-tom/p1?new=1
  • @IronSoldier

Kill the lights when you leave as this thread can be closed.

@EA_Tom

It appears I can!

sionb9yuld46.png

Oh that's ok, just disable the censor bot, we don't mind.
  • EA_Tom
    edited January 15

We would :D

@Jett_Fett_91166 - sorry, do you mean this is working again?

Yes. I tried it yesterday in GA and it’s working again. Thanks again Tom.

Oh man, what's the worst that could happen? News breaks that a forum associated with EA's precious star wars game has turned riot with swearing and obscene comments, and then word gets back to Disney and they come down on EA like a ton of bricks and then it all comes back to you and you get shafted from your job?
  • EA_Tom

Ok, awesome sauce :)

Oh man, what's the worst that could happen? News breaks that a forum associated with EA's precious star wars game has turned riot with swearing and obscene comments, and then word gets back to Disney and they come down on EA like a ton of bricks and then it all comes back to you and you get shafted from your job?

More along the lines of.. why would anyone want to post here if they only get cursed and yelled at. That's not fun for anyone. And that holds true outside these forums as well.
  • Feelee16
    424 posts Member
    edited January 15
    @EA_Tom off topic but Han's Yavin ceremony outfit can't be picked when you're in a match
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

More along the lines of.. why would anyone want to post here if they only get cursed and yelled at. That's not fun for anyone. And that holds true outside these forums as well.

Tbf, your mod team is pretty hot on dealing with unpleasant people, so doubt there would be enough left for a riot once the swearing starts 😉

If the cursing and yelling is in a joking way then it's one of the most fun things to do in conversation haha

If the cursing and yelling is in a joking way then it's one of the most fun things to do in conversation haha

Especially the cursing :naughty:

I noticed the bridge too when playing with my brother. Tried to trick him into walking on it but then it wouldn’t open and he just killed me lol
  • Max Rebo was kidnapped..
  • EA_Tom

Tbf, your mod team is pretty hot on dealing with unpleasant people, so doubt there would be enough left for a riot once the swearing starts 😉

I will take that as a compliment for the mod team doing a great job at making forums a pleasant place for all :-)

While I can definitely appreciate such jokes from time to time.. these forums are definitely not the place for those. Also, it's hard to tell in a text conversation if someone is joking or not.

Sorry if I am the destroyer of fun.. ;)
    I noticed the bridge too when playing with my brother. Tried to trick him into walking on it but then it wouldn’t open and he just killed me lol

You have a cool brother.. :D

Noted though. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

I will take that as a compliment for the mod team doing a great job at making forums a pleasant place for all :-)

While I can definitely appreciate such jokes from time to time.. these forums are definitely not the place for those. Also, it's hard to tell in a text conversation if someone is joking or not.

You should. It was 👍🏼