criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Make Heroes VS Villans: Hero Starfighters Deathmatch instead of Elimination.

A Major issue with this game mode is that no one wants to waiting , the score player gets from this game mode to upgrade their hero ship is even lower than the casual starfighter assault, and the fact that it is elimination makes low turn-rate but high HP ships (Slave 1, ****) worse off compare to dodge fight ships.

Replies

• Genin
    331 posts Member
    To be honest, I think slave 1 (with the right starcards) is one of the best and deadly ships in the game. It can match anyone in the right hands. The issue is more for millennium falcon and maul's ship. They have some great abilities and hp but not enough turning maneuver and speed. Against an average player there is almost no chance to win a dog fight.

The main issue of the mode imo is that people quit often (maybe because they loose their hero ship) and everytime you need to wait for the player to be replaced. It happens more time during a single match that people get bored. The other issue is that it's hard to level up hero ships, because everytime you die, you are forced to spawn in a standard ship. Probably a change would be good.
  • JMaster
    2476 posts Member
    I've tried playing this mode quite a bit the past couple days only to discover it is the virtual video-game manifestation of purgatory. Approximately 273% of my time spent was waiting in the spawn screen for people to show up, shame...
    Personally though, I wouldn't go about doing that. I'd look into maybe adding 2-4 other players who are normal infantry starfighters, who can take the place of people who leave should that (inevitably) happen, like in the last game! It'd also help if they added more playable heroes (especially for the Dark side), but that's another issue entirely.
    I'd love a full on Starfighters tab in the multiplayer menu, and you'd have SA and Hero Starfigher showdown (obviously), as well as some team deathmatch variants of each, let's call the normal starfighter version Fighter Squadron and the other one Hero Starfighter Blast like you suggest. It's such a shame how little we've gotten for one of the better parts of the game.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • They probably don't want to do this after they made a big deal about the Naboo starfighter being playable in it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Alwe15
    2170 posts Member
    @EA_Tom

You've been very active lately and even responded to the SFA thread.

This idea has been brought up by so many of us pilots, please could it be considered?

HvV SFA as TDM is so much more viable than its current state. There's no requirement for basic starfighters in this mode, IMO.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    @EA_Tom

You've been very active lately and even responded to the SFA thread.

This idea has been brought up by so many of us pilots, please could it be considered?

HvV SFA as TDM is so much more viable than its current state. There's no requirement for basic starfighters in this mode, IMO.

100% Agree. TDM with ability to respawn as hero ships. I'd even be fine with the target system like the old HvV. I don't want the target system, but it would be better than what we currently have. You don't play regular HvV to play as Vader for 30 seconds and then a trooper for the rest of it. Why would you play Hero SA to play as Vader for 30 seconds and a bomber the rest of the time? "Hero" modes mean you play as heroes, and strictly heroes.
  • Mode needs to be permanent-2XP and they need to end re-spawning as a base three ship. It doesn’t make sense. I’d love to play this mode but it’s design is foolish and you can never get eight pilots to stick out the match.
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    Mode needs to be permanent-2XP and they need to end re-spawning as a base three ship. It doesn’t make sense. I’d love to play this mode but it’s design is foolish and you can never get eight pilots to stick out the match.

I do believe the mechanic has be slightly modified, spawn starts when teams are equal, they don't have to be full. So 3 vs. 3 can happen, although I'm no sure what the minimum is (4 players or 6).