criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Palpatine needs a nerf.

124

Replies

  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more. I don't have him Max but he is level 525 so I have played him a fair bit, and I am friends with two max level palpatine's as well. It will stop you dead in the tracks if it hits your back. Not all the time but often. Hitting multiple targets is cheese. And lightning while dodging may very well be the cheesiest thing in this game besides Boba Fett's air recovery.

    I respect your opinion, however ill placed it may be.

    And I respect your skills with a bow.
  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more. I don't have him Max but he is level 525 so I have played him a fair bit, and I am friends with two max level palpatine's as well. It will stop you dead in the tracks if it hits your back. Not all the time but often. Hitting multiple targets is cheese. And lightning while dodging may very well be the cheesiest thing in this game besides Boba Fett's air recovery.

    I respect your opinion, however ill placed it may be.

    And I respect your skills with a bow.

    Thank you.
  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).
  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).

    I mean I’m nowhere near max level, but the way I see it with Finn he’s a great counter to palpy and boba. Without big deal all he’d really have going for him is deadeye and by that point he’s a one offensive ability character like both boba and Leia are in similar ways. That’s why I don’t play those types because they just are a handicap to my enjoyment when I could of picked someone else over them. That’s just me though, on topic palpy without a hard counter hero around like ani or Finn is annoying at best in all modes especially when people aren’t interested in taking him down or recognizing the threat bugs and all.
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).

    I mean I’m nowhere near max level, but the way I see it with Finn he’s a great counter to palpy and boba. Without big deal all he’d really have going for him is deadeye and by that point he’s a one offensive ability character like both boba and Leia are in similar ways. That’s why I don’t play those types because they just are a handicap to my enjoyment when I could of picked someone else over them. That’s just me though, on topic palpy without a hard counter hero around like ani or Finn is annoying at best in all modes especially when people aren’t interested in taking him down or recognizing the threat bugs and all.

    Because of lightning while dodging, Finn is not a good counter. As Palpatine or Boba all I have to do is wait out Deadeye, then melt him.
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).

    I mean I’m nowhere near max level, but the way I see it with Finn he’s a great counter to palpy and boba. Without big deal all he’d really have going for him is deadeye and by that point he’s a one offensive ability character like both boba and Leia are in similar ways. That’s why I don’t play those types because they just are a handicap to my enjoyment when I could of picked someone else over them. That’s just me though, on topic palpy without a hard counter hero around like ani or Finn is annoying at best in all modes especially when people aren’t interested in taking him down or recognizing the threat bugs and all.

    Because of lightning while dodging, Finn is not a good counter. As Palpatine or Boba all I have to do is wait out Deadeye, then melt him.
    You'd be suprised, but even with dmg card his deadeye has less dps than glie or el. If your aim's good Finn won't be easy kill for Boba or Emperor
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).

    I mean I’m nowhere near max level, but the way I see it with Finn he’s a great counter to palpy and boba. Without big deal all he’d really have going for him is deadeye and by that point he’s a one offensive ability character like both boba and Leia are in similar ways. That’s why I don’t play those types because they just are a handicap to my enjoyment when I could of picked someone else over them. That’s just me though, on topic palpy without a hard counter hero around like ani or Finn is annoying at best in all modes especially when people aren’t interested in taking him down or recognizing the threat bugs and all.

    Because of lightning while dodging, Finn is not a good counter. As Palpatine or Boba all I have to do is wait out Deadeye, then melt him.
    You'd be suprised, but even with dmg card his deadeye has less dps than glie or el. If your aim's good Finn won't be easy kill for Boba or Emperor

    EL DPS is quite nice. Almost rivals Han, IIRC.

    I really don’t think Finn can contend with Palp or Boba, but that’s an interaction that goes beyond simple DPS values.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • re Finn he's a poor counter to Palp because Palp can easily slide behind something unless way out in the open, then pop back out after deadeye expires and fry him...Finn is a very weak one-shot character, he does okay when no one is focusing on him and that's about it

    Anakin is the better counter but a good Palp can still squirm out of the clutch
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    1 I disagree
    2 it only goes through headglitches
    3 it only hits multiple people when they're very close to eachother
    4 yes
    5 it never happens
    6 sure, why not?
    7 sure, why not?
    8 big no
    me and two of my friends have max Emperor, one of them was the first max Emperor and he probably played more Emperor than anyone else on any platform, and we all think he's fine.

    Y'all biased. Its like me saying vader is fine when he's actually not. No one wants their fav characters nerfed

    I disagree, I was against Boba's rocket or should I say nuclear barrage, despite me being Boba main. I have max Finn and at this point I wouldn't mind if big deal would be nerfed to uselessness. So far I'm the only max Lando I know and I applauded the stun duration nerf (although it backfired, heavily).

    I mean I’m nowhere near max level, but the way I see it with Finn he’s a great counter to palpy and boba. Without big deal all he’d really have going for him is deadeye and by that point he’s a one offensive ability character like both boba and Leia are in similar ways. That’s why I don’t play those types because they just are a handicap to my enjoyment when I could of picked someone else over them. That’s just me though, on topic palpy without a hard counter hero around like ani or Finn is annoying at best in all modes especially when people aren’t interested in taking him down or recognizing the threat bugs and all.

    Because of lightning while dodging, Finn is not a good counter. As Palpatine or Boba all I have to do is wait out Deadeye, then melt him.
    You'd be suprised, but even with dmg card his deadeye has less dps than glie or el. If your aim's good Finn won't be easy kill for Boba or Emperor

    EL DPS is quite nice. Almost rivals Han, IIRC.

    I really don’t think Finn can contend with Palp or Boba, but that’s an interaction that goes beyond simple DPS values.

    Oh, I agree. But he's deffinetly not wimp to be smacked, people claim him to be
  • re Finn he's a poor counter to Palp because Palp can easily slide behind something unless way out in the open, then pop back out after deadeye expires and fry him...Finn is a very weak one-shot character, he does okay when no one is focusing on him and that's about it

    Anakin is the better counter but a good Palp can still squirm out of the clutch

    Finn (Big Deal) is incredibly strong. The only thing is, it requires a coordinated team and for the Finn to basically hide to fully capitalize on this. Almost doubling your team’s HP and cutting their cooldowns in half is incredibly powerful.

    In GA (and soon CS), he’s completely broken. Single handily wins games. You’ll never break a choke point if Finn is there.

    But, yeah, I don’t like him against Palp, at least not directly.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Ppong_Man12
    3026 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him or Boba and not much he can do about it regardless of skill lvl unless playing with a large premade. JT’s in the right hands are the meta in this game by far imo.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    Exactly
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    Picking a blaster character in HvV is not fun most of the time. Palpatine can easily run from sabers if he Wans to. LS Blasters can’t.

    One of the people I play this game with has a lvl 400+ han and even he gets dominated on a daily basis by mediocre palpatine players because of his high mobility auto aim disRuptive nature. If I had to guess he wins against them 2/10 rounds and he is definitely a good player when it comes to everything else. Palpatine can easily deal with 2 or more heroes. Han etc can’t.
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    edited January 15
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.

    Buff the LS
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.

    Buff the LS

    We all can most definitely agree on that one! The details of how and who are more up for debate
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.

    Buff the LS

    the wails about OP LS would be deafening

    it stands to reason that if ONE character is throwing off gameplay, buffing all or most of the other team is a poor way of managing it, and Palp has a number of bugs and play issues that have to be addressed anyway...fix the bugs, and do a judicious nerf of his aimbot and/or maneuverability

    you could instead give a major buff to all LS blaster heroes so it would be easier to take Palp out before he can escape, but I guarantee this would make more people unhappy than a mild Palp nerf
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.

    Buff the LS

    the wails about OP LS would be deafening

    it stands to reason that if ONE character is throwing off gameplay, buffing all or most of the other team is a poor way of managing it, and Palp has a number of bugs and play issues that have to be addressed anyway...fix the bugs, and do a judicious nerf of his aimbot and/or maneuverability

    you could instead give a major buff to all LS blaster heroes so it would be easier to take Palp out before he can escape, but I guarantee this would make more people unhappy than a mild Palp nerf

    It's Vader and Grievous who tip the balance. Palpatine gets bad repution because he can attack from behind those juggernauts
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Wanna nerf Palps or Boba in GA, it’s already there and pretty easy, jumptroopers melt him and not much he can do about it.

    For me it’s mainly about HvV.

    But he needs no nerfs

    He does. Especially when Vador etc are around he is broken tbh:/

    Either nerf the DS or buff the LS. I don’t care.

    Buff the LS

    the wails about OP LS would be deafening

    it stands to reason that if ONE character is throwing off gameplay, buffing all or most of the other team is a poor way of managing it, and Palp has a number of bugs and play issues that have to be addressed anyway...fix the bugs, and do a judicious nerf of his aimbot and/or maneuverability

    you could instead give a major buff to all LS blaster heroes so it would be easier to take Palp out before he can escape, but I guarantee this would make more people unhappy than a mild Palp nerf

    But the thing is: The LS has many bad or mediocre characters in HvV while all the DS characters are at least mediocre and their s Tier Charakters are also stronger.
    Some people **** the DS super hard and cry the second lando yoda Rey Leia etc aren’t free kills. Being honest:

    Leia, yoda, rey, Obi Wan, Chewbacca, Finn could all use minor to major buffs and anakin needs fixes because he is broken atm.
  • you have a point, Palp is much worse in combination, but DS teams without Palp are not that hard to deal with in my experience
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    you have a point, Palp is much worse in combination, but DS teams without Palp are not that hard to deal with in my experience

    That’s why palpatine is picked so often. The DS already has many braindead button click characters. Palpatine is just the nail in the coffin. The second the DS starts loosing they bring out palpatine. This has happend so often to me it can’t be a coincidence.
  • LS needs buffs for HvV, but a lot of the playerbase thinks LS is OP because they have pushes. I doubt LS will ever see the needed buffs because of that.

    There’s also GA / CS. Buffing heroes for HvV, could break them in trooper modes, where LS is already very strong.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • CC_1010
    3230 posts Member
    LS needs buffs for HvV, but a lot of the playerbase thinks LS is OP because they have pushes. I doubt LS will ever see the needed buffs because of that.

    There’s also GA / CS. Buffing heroes for HvV, could break them in trooper modes, where LS is already very strong.

    Sigh.... because of pushes my lord. People need to „git gud“
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    you have a point, Palp is much worse in combination, but DS teams without Palp are not that hard to deal with in my experience

    That’s why palpatine is picked so often. The DS already has many braindead button click characters. Palpatine is just the nail in the coffin. The second the DS starts loosing they bring out palpatine. This has happend so often to me it can’t be a coincidence.

    this is so true, I have to laugh in HvV when DS is down by like 10 tickets and like clockwork Palp pops into the action :D
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    LS needs buffs for HvV, but a lot of the playerbase thinks LS is OP because they have pushes. I doubt LS will ever see the needed buffs because of that.

    There’s also GA / CS. Buffing heroes for HvV, could break them in trooper modes, where LS is already very strong.

    Sigh.... because of pushes my lord. People need to „git gud“

    Yessir. Someone gets hit by Ani’s n00b combo, loses 400 HP and cries about LS.

    Meanwhile, Vader and GG have combos that exceed 600 damage, but those are “fine”.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Palp is not the problem, the whole DS synergy is. They have ridiculous CC abilities that allows them to win teamfights better than the lightside. Lightside can only win if they play defensively and sticking together. But even then you have villains like Iden that can just hit you from afar, forcing you to go into teamfight, or Phasma just poking you with her blaster and her 50% DR. Palpatine can be countered by the lightside, Han alone can pretty much melt him. Its just that the DS abilities wont allow you to counter him. They will either freeze you, stun you, choke you etc...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    This is too much. He wasn't OP before they took away his lightning stagger and added a little duration/stamina to his base lightning, this was also the update that made it so saber users only could block from the front. The bugs are much more rampant now. Fix those first and then re-assess

    I strongly disagree with:
    3. Two handed lightning is supposed to hit multiple targets if they are close together, because it's a kind of spread ability - look at the physics of it, it's not a bullet or laser - they nerfed him a while back decreasing his spread to only 11 degrees from something like 20 - and again he wasn't OP before the changes I mentioned above.
    8. This is a big no - he has the lowest DPS of any hero - and is super prone to rag dolling because of his floaty jump - if his dodges are nerfed he will become utter trash

    I also would prefer they leave the lightning while dodging and clean up the rest first and then see where he stands
  • As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.

    vgj5acr1m5j8.gif
  • awakespace wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    This is too much. He wasn't OP before they took away his lightning stagger and added a little duration/stamina to his base lightning, this was also the update that made it so saber users only could block from the front. The bugs are much more rampant now. Fix those first and then re-assess

    I strongly disagree with:
    3. Two handed lightning is supposed to hit multiple targets if they are close together, because it's a kind of spread ability - look at the physics of it, it's not a bullet or laser - they nerfed him a while back decreasing his spread to only 11 degrees from something like 20 - and again he wasn't OP before the changes I mentioned above.
    8. This is a big no - he has the lowest DPS of any hero - and is super prone to rag dolling because of his floaty jump - if his dodges are nerfed he will become utter trash

    I also would prefer they leave the lightning while dodging and clean up the rest first and then see where he stands

    I strongly disagree with your assessment as well. Politely though, as I don't want anymore bans. 5 of the 8 things I mentioned are bug fixes. Lightning while dodging is utter cheese and 90% of blaster hero players can't counter it. Blasters are supposed to be his weakness. As for jumping, a good Palps knows to bunny hop if he must jump, and never go full height. Sabers can't touch a good Palps, and because of his Dodge recharge they can't run away from him. Nobody on light side can. Depending on player skill I can easily avoid three to four lightsaber players with him, just dashing around until my team gets back to me. I get the physics of two handed lightning, but this is a video game. If they consider physics then how can Han Solo roll out of a force choke? How can blasters and rockets and such be fired with no recoil? Hitting multiple targets is cheese, especially considering how seamless has lightning transitions from one target to the next. If they are close enough together he doesn't even have to aim.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    LS needs buffs for HvV, but a lot of the playerbase thinks LS is OP because they have pushes. I doubt LS will ever see the needed buffs because of that.

    There’s also GA / CS. Buffing heroes for HvV, could break them in trooper modes, where LS is already very strong.

    Sigh.... because of pushes my lord. People need to „git gud“

    Yessir. Someone gets hit by Ani’s n00b combo, loses 400 HP and cries about LS.

    Meanwhile, Vader and GG have combos that exceed 600 damage, but those are “fine”.

    But Anakin is ridiculously OP though. The solution would be to buff Vader to counter him...
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.

    vgj5acr1m5j8.gif

    LOL. Sorry Meerkat. In galactic assault he's as bad as launch Anakin, and in HvV a truly good palps player has no counter. Of course if he is nerfed, light side would have to be brought down in GA which would probably further ruin HvV🤦Real conundrum we got here
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    LS needs buffs for HvV, but a lot of the playerbase thinks LS is OP because they have pushes. I doubt LS will ever see the needed buffs because of that.

    There’s also GA / CS. Buffing heroes for HvV, could break them in trooper modes, where LS is already very strong.

    Sigh.... because of pushes my lord. People need to „git gud“

    Yessir. Someone gets hit by Ani’s n00b combo, loses 400 HP and cries about LS.

    Meanwhile, Vader and GG have combos that exceed 600 damage, but those are “fine”.

    But Anakin is ridiculously OP though. The solution would be to buff Vader to counter him...

    u7yjxvukplce.gif
  • The only way an enemy Palpatine is ever killed when I'm in a game of GA is if I personally see to his disposal with Anakin. It shouldn't have to come to me picking Anakin just to take care of a rogue Palpatine. Then that same player has 10 elims over the course of a 10+ minute game when he doesnt have Palpatine.
  • awakespace
    1424 posts Member
    edited January 15
    awakespace wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    This is too much. He wasn't OP before they took away his lightning stagger and added a little duration/stamina to his base lightning, this was also the update that made it so saber users only could block from the front. The bugs are much more rampant now. Fix those first and then re-assess

    I strongly disagree with:
    3. Two handed lightning is supposed to hit multiple targets if they are close together, because it's a kind of spread ability - look at the physics of it, it's not a bullet or laser - they nerfed him a while back decreasing his spread to only 11 degrees from something like 20 - and again he wasn't OP before the changes I mentioned above.
    8. This is a big no - he has the lowest DPS of any hero - and is super prone to rag dolling because of his floaty jump - if his dodges are nerfed he will become utter trash

    I also would prefer they leave the lightning while dodging and clean up the rest first and then see where he stands

    I strongly disagree with your assessment as well. Politely though, as I don't want anymore bans. 5 of the 8 things I mentioned are bug fixes. Lightning while dodging is utter cheese and 90% of blaster hero players can't counter it. Blasters are supposed to be his weakness. As for jumping, a good Palps knows to bunny hop if he must jump, and never go full height. Sabers can't touch a good Palps, and because of his Dodge recharge they can't run away from him. Nobody on light side can. Depending on player skill I can easily avoid three to four lightsaber players with him, just dashing around until my team gets back to me. I get the physics of two handed lightning, but this is a video game. If they consider physics then how can Han Solo roll out of a force choke? How can blasters and rockets and such be fired with no recoil? Hitting multiple targets is cheese, especially considering how seamless has lightning transitions from one target to the next. If they are close enough together he doesn't even have to aim.

    It's cool that you have opinions - I hope you don't get banned ;)

    I agree with your 5 of 8 bug fixes - so that is that

    I understand how to play palp and the dangers of his jumping - but you have to acknowledge that palp has to be within the range of force abilities to cause damage while all other blaster heroes can shoot from infinite range - thus he is inherently at more risk of ragdolling. I can easily out damage palp with any blaster user with body shots and given that a blaster can almost double damage by hitting headshots while palp can't, I view the little bit of lighting spread as completely warranted.

    But to really get to the main point. As far as 3 and 8: do you agree or disagree with the basic premise that prior to the update where they made: blocking frontal only, palp no longer stager with lightning, and gave palp a bit more lighting stamina - the update which introduced a slew of bugs with palp: that he was not an issue - that he was balanced if not even a hair bit weak in HvV and strong but still relatively balanced in GA?

    If you agree that he wasn't an issue prior to that update, then that is my ultimate point - that he should be cleaned up first - the 5 of 8 that are bug fixes should be addressed - and then we should see where he is and if needed adjust from there
  • awakespace wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    This is too much. He wasn't OP before they took away his lightning stagger and added a little duration/stamina to his base lightning, this was also the update that made it so saber users only could block from the front. The bugs are much more rampant now. Fix those first and then re-assess

    I strongly disagree with:
    3. Two handed lightning is supposed to hit multiple targets if they are close together, because it's a kind of spread ability - look at the physics of it, it's not a bullet or laser - they nerfed him a while back decreasing his spread to only 11 degrees from something like 20 - and again he wasn't OP before the changes I mentioned above.
    8. This is a big no - he has the lowest DPS of any hero - and is super prone to rag dolling because of his floaty jump - if his dodges are nerfed he will become utter trash

    I also would prefer they leave the lightning while dodging and clean up the rest first and then see where he stands

    I strongly disagree with your assessment as well. Politely though, as I don't want anymore bans. 5 of the 8 things I mentioned are bug fixes. Lightning while dodging is utter cheese and 90% of blaster hero players can't counter it. Blasters are supposed to be his weakness. As for jumping, a good Palps knows to bunny hop if he must jump, and never go full height. Sabers can't touch a good Palps, and because of his Dodge recharge they can't run away from him. Nobody on light side can. Depending on player skill I can easily avoid three to four lightsaber players with him, just dashing around until my team gets back to me. I get the physics of two handed lightning, but this is a video game. If they consider physics then how can Han Solo roll out of a force choke? How can blasters and rockets and such be fired with no recoil? Hitting multiple targets is cheese, especially considering how seamless has lightning transitions from one target to the next. If they are close enough together he doesn't even have to aim.

    It's cool that you have opinions - I hope you don't get banned ;)

    I agree with your 5 of 8 bug fixes - so that is that

    I understand how to play palp and the dangers of his jumping - but you have to acknowledge that palp has to be within the range of force abilities to cause damage while all other blaster heroes can shoot from infinite range - thus he is inherently at more risk of ragdolling. I can easily out damage palp with any blaster user with body shots and given that a blaster can almost double damage by hitting headshots while palp can't, I view the little bit of lighting spread as completely warranted.

    But to really get to the main point. As far as 3 and 8: do you agree or disagree with the basic premise that prior to the update where they made: blocking frontal only, palp no longer stager with lightning, and gave palp a bit more lighting stamina - the update which introduced a slew of bugs with palp: that he was not an issue - that he was balanced if not even a hair bit weak in HvV and strong but still relatively balanced in GA?

    If you agree, that is my ultimate point - that he should be cleaned up first - the 5 of 8 that are bug fixes should be addressed - and then we should see where he is and if needed adjust from there

    If that is your main point then I suppose yes I would agree to a point but he has never really been weak in hvv. Also, lightning while dodging is one of the bug fixes. I know you mentioned that in the prior post. Do you agree or disagree that that should go away? When looking at ranged attackers, why does darkside have two that can easily stay away from entire teams of enemies while light side does not have one? And sure Han is a great counter to Palpatine, so is Finn, if Ppatine's teammates completely ignore them. Good luck putting shots on me as I dodge while spamming two-handed lightning, while also at the same time being harassed by Vader GG Kylo Boba etc. I would say only one out of 10 palpatine's really gives me trouble, but I am an above-average player in hvv. I also often have extremely good teammates. But I will concede, all of his bugs seem to work in his favor, fix all of those including lightning while dodging, and see where he's at. As a side note I would like to keep chain lightning going through block even though it is also a bug. Sorry about the wall of text format LOL
  • Psy3d
    1087 posts Member
    moistboii wrote: »
    It shouldn't have to come to me picking Anakin just to take care of a rogue Palpatine.

    In GA that's me when I see a sweaty regular with Palp farming the new crew...and vice versa for disposing both Skywalker's. The only time I had issues with Palp was back in the days when he use to wall hack legit with his lightning...and he was killswitched.

    Right now Palp is only a thing in HvV when some party plebs trying really hard getting him teamed with a Kylo/Vader or camping with Phasma/Iden's free shock. Apart from that he's alright IMHO.

  • awakespace wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    As someone that has played Palps ALOT in HvV, I can finally admit, without bias, he needs a nerf.
    1. No lightning while dodging
    2. Lightning going through objects again
    3. 2 handed lightning hitting multiple targets
    4. Dark Aura slow run bug
    5. 2 handed lightning stopping you dead in your tracks
    6. Aimbot cut in half.
    7. Anakin getting stuck in HM if Dark Aura touches him(happens 100% of the time)
    8. Dodge recharge nerfed

    Hit registry against him is completely broken as well. As you can see in this clip, HM does damage but doesn't knock down, then at least 3 or 4 of my saber swings should have scored hits and didn't. I don't even use him anymore unless the other team is being toxic.

    This is too much. He wasn't OP before they took away his lightning stagger and added a little duration/stamina to his base lightning, this was also the update that made it so saber users only could block from the front. The bugs are much more rampant now. Fix those first and then re-assess

    I strongly disagree with:
    3. Two handed lightning is supposed to hit multiple targets if they are close together, because it's a kind of spread ability - look at the physics of it, it's not a bullet or laser - they nerfed him a while back decreasing his spread to only 11 degrees from something like 20 - and again he wasn't OP before the changes I mentioned above.
    8. This is a big no - he has the lowest DPS of any hero - and is super prone to rag dolling because of his floaty jump - if his dodges are nerfed he will become utter trash

    I also would prefer they leave the lightning while dodging and clean up the rest first and then see where he stands

    I strongly disagree with your assessment as well. Politely though, as I don't want anymore bans. 5 of the 8 things I mentioned are bug fixes. Lightning while dodging is utter cheese and 90% of blaster hero players can't counter it. Blasters are supposed to be his weakness. As for jumping, a good Palps knows to bunny hop if he must jump, and never go full height. Sabers can't touch a good Palps, and because of his Dodge recharge they can't run away from him. Nobody on light side can. Depending on player skill I can easily avoid three to four lightsaber players with him, just dashing around until my team gets back to me. I get the physics of two handed lightning, but this is a video game. If they consider physics then how can Han Solo roll out of a force choke? How can blasters and rockets and such be fired with no recoil? Hitting multiple targets is cheese, especially considering how seamless has lightning transitions from one target to the next. If they are close enough together he doesn't even have to aim.

    It's cool that you have opinions - I hope you don't get banned ;)

    I agree with your 5 of 8 bug fixes - so that is that

    I understand how to play palp and the dangers of his jumping - but you have to acknowledge that palp has to be within the range of force abilities to cause damage while all other blaster heroes can shoot from infinite range - thus he is inherently at more risk of ragdolling. I can easily out damage palp with any blaster user with body shots and given that a blaster can almost double damage by hitting headshots while palp can't, I view the little bit of lighting spread as completely warranted.

    But to really get to the main point. As far as 3 and 8: do you agree or disagree with the basic premise that prior to the update where they made: blocking frontal only, palp no longer stager with lightning, and gave palp a bit more lighting stamina - the update which introduced a slew of bugs with palp: that he was not an issue - that he was balanced if not even a hair bit weak in HvV and strong but still relatively balanced in GA?

    If you agree, that is my ultimate point - that he should be cleaned up first - the 5 of 8 that are bug fixes should be addressed - and then we should see where he is and if needed adjust from there

    If that is your main point then I suppose yes I would agree to a point but he has never really been weak in hvv. Also, lightning while dodging is one of the bug fixes. I know you mentioned that in the prior post. Do you agree or disagree that that should go away? When looking at ranged attackers, why does darkside have two that can easily stay away from entire teams of enemies while light side does not have one? And sure Han is a great counter to Palpatine, so is Finn, if Ppatine's teammates completely ignore them. Good luck putting shots on me as I dodge while spamming two-handed lightning, while also at the same time being harassed by Vader GG Kylo Boba etc. I would say only one out of 10 palpatine's really gives me trouble, but I am an above-average player in hvv. I also often have extremely good teammates. But I will concede, all of his bugs seem to work in his favor, fix all of those including lightning while dodging, and see where he's at. As a side note I would like to keep chain lightning going through block even though it is also a bug. Sorry about the wall of text format LOL

    Well my main preaching point on this forum for months if not years has been to make the light side ranged heroes both more mobile and more survivable.

    Palp and Boba are more mobile and survivable than any ranged attacker on the lightside by far. Bossk is too to a lesser degree. Phasma is also better at surviving. I'd even say that Iden, is better at surviving than any lightside ranged hero with her shield and 1 button auto seeking stun - but she is more comparable. I don't think the dark side should be nerfed but the light side buffed in these areas.

    This is why I keep wanting to buff Leia with Jedi runing, dodging, and even increased jump height. Why I've suggested it for Finn too now that he is confirmed
    force capable
    . Why I've wanted Chewy to run faster and have his furious bowcaster damage reduction not blaster specific. Why I've wanted Lando's smoke to be of some sort of use (e.g. making enemies in it take 10% more damage from Lando, or making Lando deliver 10% more damage if he is in it while shooting). It's why I want the Mando added as a mobile light side character. It's why I hope BB8's primary attack is ranged (as weird as it may be)

    I like palp's dodging and shooting and wouldn't remove it on the first pass - but I'm fine either way

    Chain lightning going through block... It is one of those that I could also go either way with, but it probably makes him a bit too strong since he already drains stamina fast
  • - Palpatine if at all needs a buff to his healthregen! Because HE CAN BE TAKEN DOWN VERY EASILY since he has no defense what soever.
    - His chain lightning doesnt go through blocks! It just hits you from the back, when you are surrounded by dudes that reflect it!
    - The Darkside is attacking almost all of the time and Palpatine currently is one of the few characters that can punch through, but only if you are very skilled and that's why skilled players take him all the time. And therefore you got the wrong impression that he is top strong. Especially now with BOSSK being broken and being unusable. EG entering the palace on Nabo and the juggernauts on Kashyyyk are very hard. And if you have a Yoda, an anakin, Wookies and Commandos in there you needs something to counter.
    - I have battled Palpatine many times as Yoda and its not too hard to take him down. Especially not when you have team support you melt him like icecream in the sun or he is in close range.
    - If at all Anakin needs a nerf with his cheesy pull. An Anakin pull / push combo is almost always Palpatines certain death.

    Leave Palp as he is. Only dark Aura perma freeze should be fixed.
  • I've discovered something I thought I should share. When I defeat palps with a blaster hero, my energy boosts quicker if I take a short rest on his head. If I really want a boost I rest on his head then stand then sit then stand then sit then stand.

    This is probably a bug, though.
  • GarthRevan wrote: »
    - Palpatine if at all needs a buff to his healthregen! Because HE CAN BE TAKEN DOWN VERY EASILY since he has no defense what soever.
    - His chain lightning doesnt go through blocks! It just hits you from the back, when you are surrounded by dudes that reflect it!
    - The Darkside is attacking almost all of the time and Palpatine currently is one of the few characters that can punch through, but only if you are very skilled and that's why skilled players take him all the time. And therefore you got the wrong impression that he is top strong. Especially now with BOSSK being broken and being unusable. EG entering the palace on Nabo and the juggernauts on Kashyyyk are very hard. And if you have a Yoda, an anakin, Wookies and Commandos in there you needs something to counter.
    - I have battled Palpatine many times as Yoda and its not too hard to take him down. Especially not when you have team support you melt him like icecream in the sun or he is in close range.
    - If at all Anakin needs a nerf with his cheesy pull. An Anakin pull / push combo is almost always Palpatines certain death.

    Leave Palp as he is. Only dark Aura perma freeze should be fixed.

    His chain lightning does in fact, go through blocks. The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
  • Anyone who says Finn isn't a strong counter to Palpy isn't using Finn correctly. Or has terrible aim. (Yes, Finn has more to him than aimbot.)
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Anyone who says Finn isn't a strong counter to Palpy isn't using Finn correctly. Or has terrible aim. (Yes, Finn has more to him than aimbot.)

    But let's be honest here... aimbot :D I hate playing against him really, it is so annoying
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Anyone who says Finn isn't a strong counter to Palpy isn't using Finn correctly. Or has terrible aim. (Yes, Finn has more to him than aimbot.)

    But let's be honest here... aimbot :D I hate playing against him really, it is so annoying

    Obviously that's his bread and butter :D But I feel most people don't take advantage of his main weapon utilizing hip-fire accuracy and buffs. Even his "undercover" pistol shreds in the right hands.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    Anyone who says Finn isn't a strong counter to Palpy isn't using Finn correctly. Or has terrible aim. (Yes, Finn has more to him than aimbot.)

    But let's be honest here... aimbot :D I hate playing against him really, it is so annoying

    Obviously that's his bread and butter :D But I feel most people don't take advantage of his main weapon utilizing hip-fire accuracy and buffs. Even his "undercover" pistol shreds in the right hands.

    Yes that is true but let's be honest here ... aimbot :D
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • His dodges and the distance gained with them are what need nerfing. It would then give more characters a chance to combat him than at present.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • His dodges and the distance gained with them are what need nerfing. It would then give more characters a chance to combat him than at present.

    Do not agree with this. He really can't block. Dodging is his only opportunity to survive and even then, due to his limited dodges and cooldown he can still be killed quite effectively then
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Anyone who says Finn isn't a strong counter to Palpy isn't using Finn correctly. Or has terrible aim. (Yes, Finn has more to him than aimbot.)

    The Palpatine's team has to suck and the Finn's team has to defend him. That's the only way he can harass Palpatine. At least on console.
  • Finn requires a lot more skill and most importantly - team protecting him. Palpatine is independent hero who can escape 3v1 situations and even deal significant amount of damage to those losers who chase him ;v

    Finn can't even fight one single saber villain alone.
Sign In or Register to comment.