criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please Devs, add the FO Treadspeeder with this next upcoming ROS update.

Well it would be super fun compared to the regular speeders that really no one likes to play as anymore, and the regular speeders are so rugged and get damaged and hop over invisible rocks and whatnot. I wondered why they have treads instead of just hovering off the ground, but i read they're better for tough whether conditions than regular speeders and that the FO treadspeeders can avoid countermeasures that jam regular speeders. This should also be a skin for the FO troopers, it's the FO Treadspeeder driver which has different armor plating than regular stormtroopers....


dd1wxwxy7mk7.png

Anddd.... the Treadspeeder.

5pw7dwi4ziax.png
Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
rcar0gljuaad.png
Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

Replies

  • Would anyone else care to have this speeder added with this upcoming update? I personally would, i don't play as speeders anymore, ever since the update they're just useless.

    This speeder would smooth things out a bit with the speeders, well for me at least, it would definitely be more fun to play as than the terrible STAP and BARK speeders, gosh those are the worst, i used to kill with them, but not anymore, i hate when i play as any speeder that hovers off the ground and they hop over invisible objects, take damage from invisible objects and run into objects and walls, again all because of hitting/running into invisible objects that aren't even there, plus they ride so rigidly, and are hard to aim with, now with a low damage output added onto that.


    So speeders are just a mess, but the fact that this speeder doesn't hover gives it an advantage over the other speeders, which would most likely mean that it would also ride smoother than the messed BARK and STAPs that are just run into and take damage from invisible things speeders.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Yeah, that'd be cool. Always found it a bit odd it doesn't hover though
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • ....Plus the FO and the Resistance are in desperate of speeders to make the ST era CS to be more full, and to be up with the PT era CS.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd be cool. Always found it a bit odd it doesn't hover though

    Well it's actually from the Galaxy's Edge comic books, then they used it in TROS. If you look up the Treadspeeder and click on Wookieepedia, it says it's actually more advanced than regular speeders, even though it doesn't hover, it also says that the FO Treadspeeder can avoid countermeasures that jam traditional speeders.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • I agree, wish the vehicles could have more than one person in it. Like the LIUV on starkiller. It could've had a turret on the front like the deleted TFA snow scene. Same with the treadspeeder. One driving, one shooting on the back.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Feelee16
    2209 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd be cool. Always found it a bit odd it doesn't hover though

    Well it's actually from the Galaxy's Edge comic books, then they used it in TROS. If you look up the Treadspeeder and click on Wookieepedia, it says it's actually more advanced than regular speeders, even though it doesn't hover, it also says that the FO Treadspeeder can avoid countermeasures that jam traditional speeders.

    I actually never knew that. I Appreciate the info
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • So it's more analogue and that prevents things like jamming. Nice. I think it'd be a good addition and something unique not just new.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    I agree, wish the vehicles could have more than one person in it. Like the LIUV on starkiller. It could've had a turret on the front like the deleted TFA snow scene. Same with the treadspeeder. One driving, one shooting on the back.

    Actually, if you've watched TROS, the FO jetpack troopers sit in the back seat of the Treadspeeder, and when it's time to fly off, the back of the Treadspeeder lifts up a bit to give them a bit of a boost in the air. So, i typed this in an earlier post above, that if someone toggles the FO jetpack trooper, to play as them, and say someone that you spawned with is using a Treadspeeder, then as the FO jetpack trooper can you only spawn in on a Treadspeeder that someone is using that you spawned with before, like in TROS, so you as the FO jetpack trooper would provide as fire support to protect the rear of the Treadspeeder, you can shoot regular blast shots or the projectiles from their projectile launcher blaster.


    Then to get off, say you're playing on a PS4, you would hit triangle to get off the speeder, in which it would act just as it did in TROS, to where when the FO jetpack troopers get off, the rear of the speeder would lift up as it did in TROS to give them a boost.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • So it's more analogue and that prevents things like jamming. Nice. I think it'd be a good addition and something unique not just new.

    Exactly, it having treads and not hovering would make it more fun to dash in the sand with it on say Jakku, and it standing out from other speeders is why i want it to be added.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    I agree, wish the vehicles could have more than one person in it. Like the LIUV on starkiller. It could've had a turret on the front like the deleted TFA snow scene. Same with the treadspeeder. One driving, one shooting on the back.

    Actually, if you've watched TROS, the FO jetpack troopers sit in the back seat of the Treadspeeder, and when it's time to fly off, the back of the Treadspeeder lifts up a bit to give them a bit of a boost in the air. So, i typed this in an earlier post above, that if someone toggles the FO jetpack trooper, to play as them, and say someone that you spawned with is using a Treadspeeder, then as the FO jetpack trooper can you only spawn in on a Treadspeeder that someone is using that you spawned with before, like in TROS, so you as the FO jetpack trooper would provide as fire support to protect the rear of the Treadspeeder, you can shoot regular blast shots or the projectiles from their projectile launcher blaster.


    Then to get off, say you're playing on a PS4, you would hit triangle to get off the speeder, in which it would act just as it did in TROS, to where when the FO jetpack troopers get off, the rear of the speeder would lift up as it did in TROS to give them a boost.


    It also says that the Treadspeeder is better on rougher terrain than regular speeders. So like in the clone wars show at the second battle of Geonosis, there was a sand storm, which prevented them from chasing after the separatists leaders on the regular BARC speeders, but the FO Treadspeeder would have no problem with a sand storm, unlike the regular hovering speeders.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Feelee16
    2209 posts Member
    edited January 17
    @Grievous15 I'd definitely use the jetpack troopers more just to fly off the back if they did end up adding it.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • So i know that the Mods have been on here a lot lately, and would like to know their take on this speeder being added, and it adding unique game play features for not being like a regular bump over invisible objects speeder, that gets annoying... but anyhow Mods do you think these speeders will be added?

    Especially since the ST era CS game mode is coming, and the last time the PT era CS was added it came with the STAP and BARK speeders on all maps except Kamino..... but the STAP and BARK speeders were before CS, they were both only on the Geonosis GA game mode map, but CS pretty much added them to all maps, and both the First Order and Resistance are both in need of speeders for the ST era CS. So any of the Mods think these speeders should be added with this upcoming second TROS update?
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
Sign In or Register to comment.