criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Is the insightful button the new LOL

2Next

Replies

• EA_Joz wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    q7yegx6teh1k.png

giphy.gif

n2lye3qj9ekd.gif
  • EA_Atic
    16 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    q7yegx6teh1k.png

giphy.gif

n2lye3qj9ekd.gif

nd5h1l3o9cty.png

• Begun, The Meme Wars have.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Begun, The Meme Wars have.

giphy.gif
  • EA_Joz wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »

giphy.gif

69dw33notghy.jpg
  • EA_Atic
    16 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    grimmace2 wrote: »

giphy.gif

a4y6bx7kjr7i.png
  • I know this is fun and all, but I wonder: Were you EA_Staff doing some meme wars on the FIFA or Apex forums when we were desperately calling for communications and feedback? Your increased participation is awesome, don't take me wrong, but meme wars shouldn't be receiving so much official attention IMO.

And the topic has been derailed too.

bjtkonugv9u8.png
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I know this is fun and all, but I wonder: Were you EA_Staff doing some meme wars on the FIFA or Apex forums when we were desperately calling for communications and feedback? Your increased participation is awesome, don't take me wrong, but meme wars shouldn't be receiving so much official attention IMO.

bjtkonugv9u8.png

Kill them with memes
  • EA_Rtas
    1964 posts EA Moderator
    edited January 15
    I know this is fun and all, but I wonder: Were you EA_Staff doing some meme wars on the FIFA or Apex forums when we were desperately calling for communications and feedback? Your increased participation is awesome, don't take me wrong, but meme wars shouldn't be receiving so much official attention IMO.

bjtkonugv9u8.png

On a serious note, You're right it's gotten a bit off topic, but considering it's not related to the game I've moved this to the off topic section where it realistically should've been.

On a secondary note I'm going to point out that I'm a forum moderator, moderating and interacting on this forum is my Job which to be fair I quite enjoy because this community is great, however I have nothing to do with the <3<3<3<3 reporting side of things, that's handled on AHQ where we have dedicated <3<3<3<3 reporting forums.

As far as posting memes here goes, I handle every single English EA forum and split my time amongst each forum equally, this is not the only thread I have open.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    I know this is fun and all, but I wonder: Were you EA_Staff doing some meme wars on the FIFA or Apex forums when we were desperately calling for communications and feedback? Your increased participation is awesome, don't take me wrong, but meme wars shouldn't be receiving so much official attention IMO.

bjtkonugv9u8.png

On a serious note, You're right it's gotten a bit off topic, but considering it's not related to the game I've moved this to the off topic section where it realistically should've been.

On a secondary note I'm going to point out that I'm a forum moderator, moderating and interacting on this forum is my Job which to be fair I quite enjoy because this community is great, however I have nothing to do with the <3<3<3<3 reporting side of things, that's handled on AHQ where we have dedicated <3<3<3<3 reporting forums.

As far as posting memes here goes, I handle every single English EA forum and split my time amongst each forum equally, this is not the only thread I have open.

Any insights you can share with us here on the difference between your moderation job and those of the moderators you guys appoint like Iron Soldier? I know they aren't employees, but that's pretty much all I know. It gets confusing when you are a moderator, but unlike the moderators we see oftenly, you have EA on your account name and you don't leave a Moderator label on the threads you comment on.

BTW, there's a lot of confusion on this matter. Moderators leave the Moderator label on the threads they comment on, but you or other EA_Staff don't. And EA_Tom leaves a SWBF Dev Team label, but he already told us he is not a SWBF dev. T0TALfps also leaves a SWBF Dev Team label, and he doesn't even have EA on his name (is he really a SWBF dev, or another EA employee like Tom that also leaves a SWBF Dev Team label behind?)

I know F8RGE is our Community Manager and works at DICE, so his SWBF Dev Team label makes sense, and I also know that many moderators here are just players that got this moderation task by their hard work on the forums, and they leave a Moderator label on the threads they comment on. Aside from that I'm full of questions (presented above) and I'd love anything you can share on them.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Ain’t staying much until LOL is brought back
  • EA_Rtas
    1964 posts EA Moderator
    edited January 16

bjtkonugv9u8.png

Any insights you can share with us here on the difference between your moderation job and those of the moderators you guys appoint like Iron Soldier? I know they aren't employees, but that's pretty much all I know. It gets confusing when you are a moderator, but unlike the moderators we see oftenly, you have EA on your account name and you don't leave a Moderator label on the threads you comment on.

BTW, there's a lot of confusion on this matter. Moderators leave the Moderator label on the threads they comment on, but you or other EA_Staff don't. And EA_Tom leaves a SWBF Dev Team label, but he already told us he is not a SWBF dev. T0TALfps also leaves a SWBF Dev Team label, and he doesn't even have EA on his name (is he really a SWBF dev, or another EA employee like Tom that also leaves a SWBF Dev Team label behind?)

I know F8RGE is our Community Manager and works at DICE, so his SWBF Dev Team label makes sense, and I also know that many moderators here are just players that got this moderation task by their hard work on the forums, and they leave a Moderator label on the threads they comment on. Aside from that I'm full of questions (presented above) and I'd love anything you can share on them.

I work for EA and am responsible for moderating the English community forums for all our games. Iron Solider and his compatriots are dedicated and fantastic community members who help in that endeavor with the Battlefront forums as volunteers.

As far as the moderator tag goes when we post, it comes down to enabling that when a post is made which I only really do should it be necessary. I have left the moderator label on some threads but not every time I post.
  • EA_Tom
    521 posts EA Community Manager

bjtkonugv9u8.png

You'll see EA and Volunteer Moderators posting on these boards. Check out who is who, here.

F8RGE is the Global Community Lead, and based in studio.

Myself and T0TALfps help out with different community activities.

If you see a post with a "Dev Tag", it counts as an official answer. It's not just for Devs, but for the full team.

Does that clarify?
  • RogueZeroRendar
    2123 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Yes, thanks for the clarifications. Makes more sense now.

But BTW, any reason for T0TALfps not to be EA_T0TALfps?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• EA_Tom

He is so cool that he doesn't need an EA tag. Sadly, I'm not there just yet :(
  • EA_Tom wrote: »

We can dream

Where's the LOL button for such occasion Tom? I gave you an insightful instead
    please don't penalise me, it was with good intentions
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• TjPunx
    1744 posts Member
    The LOL button needs a comeback
  • EA_Tom
    #KeepTheLOLDreamAlive
    #KeepTheLOLDreamAlive
    Save the Rebellion
    5oqc50t10k1g.gif

Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• TjPunx
    1744 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    #KeepTheLOLDreamAlive

I second this