criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are we getting OT content or not?

24

Replies

  • David1543 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    CT0WN_ wrote: »
    Maps, blasters, skins, reinforcements, or balances? I want answers!

    After we're done with the cancerous sequel.

    Actually the ST era content has been something fresh and new, not just old DRIP FED PT content, it actually came with rour reinforcements in one update! Now that is what i call an update, unlike the PT content, it's just the Droideka and the clone commando like two and a half months later??!! why not do it in one update?!

    All I can see from this non sense is a delay until we get to the good stuff, the OT. Have fun with the sequel, I won't be touching It. Also I rather get drip fed than get loads of garbage in one update. Lol.

    Actually the Sith trooper, FO jetpack trooper and the Resistance gunner have become the most favored reinforcements, the FO jetpack trooper is so fun that they're the only unit that's unique, and the sith's trooper's alt fire is just a beast and is awesome, these are some of the best reinforcements this game has had yet, plus Kylo has to be one of the most fun villains, with his pull and freeze abilities, Anakin died off for me, he's so meh, he relies on his abilities a lot, and make it too easy for him.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • No new content.

    Put the final nail in this abomination.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    No new content.

    Put the final nail in this abomination.

    Why, and how so?
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?
  • @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Usually by what I heard. Don't really have time to go through files and all.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    CT0WN_ wrote: »
    Maps, blasters, skins, reinforcements, or balances? I want answers!

    After we're done with the cancerous sequel.

    Actually the ST era content has been something fresh and new, not just old DRIP FED PT content, it actually came with rour reinforcements in one update! Now that is what i call an update, unlike the PT content, it's just the Droideka and the clone commando like two and a half months later??!! why not do it in one update?!

    All I can see from this non sense is a delay until we get to the good stuff, the OT. Have fun with the sequel, I won't be touching It. Also I rather get drip fed than get loads of garbage in one update. Lol.

    I like the ST update. The reinforcements are great, and it's nice to have more content in co-op and soon CS.

    The Drip Fed content happened because they didn't have the manpower and had to spend the first 6 months fixing this game. They put out what they could while stacking up this other content behind the scenes. So now they are ahead of things and can release larger updates.
  • @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?

    Don't believe it then. The leaker has a rep for being right. He's leaked a lot of stuff that came to the game. He just doesn't know the exact timing of it. Devs have been dropping hints too, not just file searches.
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?

    Don't believe it then. The leaker has a rep for being right. He's leaked a lot of stuff that came to the game. He just doesn't know the exact timing of it. Devs have been dropping hints too, not just file searches.

    I've already found where all of Grievous dialogue is within the game's files and theres nothing there referring what the leaker talked about. I'm trying to see if I can just export all the references so I can link them here so you can see for yourselves.

    I also did a search for Ventress, Ashoka, Asfoka, ashoka.hero and have found nothing.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @LittleCiddles I'm not really sure what the leaker even said. I heard the lines on a video somewhere(forgot which one).
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?

    Don't believe it then. The leaker has a rep for being right. He's leaked a lot of stuff that came to the game. He just doesn't know the exact timing of it. Devs have been dropping hints too, not just file searches.

    I've already found where all of Grievous dialogue is within the game's files and theres nothing there referring what the leaker talked about. I'm trying to see if I can just export all the references so I can link them here so you can see for yourselves.

    I also did a search for Ventress, Ashoka, Asfoka, ashoka.hero and have found nothing.

    All that means is they aren't there now. The leaker is known to have insider information, not file searches. So the audio files have nothing to do with him. People have even speculated he might be actually a developer at DICE.

    There's been various other hints dropped by devs on twitter and reddit as well. This isn't just "he I saw these audio files, so Ahsoka must be coming to the game!" You're way late on this by the way lol
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?

    Don't believe it then. The leaker has a rep for being right. He's leaked a lot of stuff that came to the game. He just doesn't know the exact timing of it. Devs have been dropping hints too, not just file searches.

    I've already found where all of Grievous dialogue is within the game's files and theres nothing there referring what the leaker talked about. I'm trying to see if I can just export all the references so I can link them here so you can see for yourselves.

    I also did a search for Ventress, Ashoka, Asfoka, ashoka.hero and have found nothing.

    All that means is they aren't there now. The leaker is known to have insider information, not file searches. So the audio files have nothing to do with him. People have even speculated he might be actually a developer at DICE.

    There's been various other hints dropped by devs on twitter and reddit as well. This isn't just "he I saw these audio files, so Ahsoka must be coming to the game!" You're way late on this by the way lol

    Goes back to what I said earlier, how come the leaker didn't predict BB-8 or BB-9e? Also, the Clone Wars content came and went, theres no Padme, Ventress, or Ashoka. His crystal ball must've been fussy huh?

    Please, you're smarter than that. Don't be dumb and blindly believe what some fool on the internet says, unless they can actually prove it in a way that you can do yourself to see for your own eyes. Its about as bad as the people who would say dumb stuff like, if you beat FF7 if five minutes sephiroth joins your party or some dumb crap like that, lol. Or, my dad at works at Nintendo and says Doom guy is gonna be in the next Smash game.
  • We need Jawa's hunt mode
    l7s7jdfbyjz4.jpg
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • @Feelee16 @ArchAngeL_777

    Have either you actually used a file explorer made for Frostbite to explore the game files yourself to find\extract the audio to 100% prove that what was posted elsewhere was absolutely true, or are you only going by what someone wrote and supposedly found?

    Also, just because content exists doesn't mean its planned. They might've been initially been conceived to be part of Battlefront 2, but were cut during development. By the same logic, how come the leaker didn't say BB-8 or BB-9e was going to be in the game? Why aren't there references already in the game files if they were expected to be introduced?

    Don't believe it then. The leaker has a rep for being right. He's leaked a lot of stuff that came to the game. He just doesn't know the exact timing of it. Devs have been dropping hints too, not just file searches.

    I've already found where all of Grievous dialogue is within the game's files and theres nothing there referring what the leaker talked about. I'm trying to see if I can just export all the references so I can link them here so you can see for yourselves.

    I also did a search for Ventress, Ashoka, Asfoka, ashoka.hero and have found nothing.

    All that means is they aren't there now. The leaker is known to have insider information, not file searches. So the audio files have nothing to do with him. People have even speculated he might be actually a developer at DICE.

    There's been various other hints dropped by devs on twitter and reddit as well. This isn't just "he I saw these audio files, so Ahsoka must be coming to the game!" You're way late on this by the way lol

    Goes back to what I said earlier, how come the leaker didn't predict BB-8 or BB-9e? Also, the Clone Wars content came and went, theres no Padme, Ventress, or Ashoka. His crystal ball must've been fussy huh?

    Please, you're smarter than that. Don't be dumb and blindly believe what some fool on the internet says, unless they can actually prove it in a way that you can do yourself to see for your own eyes. Its about as bad as the people who would say dumb stuff like, if you beat FF7 if five minutes sephiroth joins your party or some dumb crap like that, lol. Or, my dad at works at Nintendo and says Doom guy is gonna be in the next Smash game.

    He's not been leaking everything coming to the game or even trying to. His rep is based on a history of being correct on what he does talk about. He just never has timing details. For instance, he leaked Obi-Wan and Grievous as well as info on them leading up to their launch.
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Here we go, heres the entire file structure for Battlefront 2. I've attached it to this post as a txt because pastebin wants me to pay $50 to post it. So here you go. I haven't looked through it at all since its a lot, but thats how the game's file structure looks like. I'm going through it right now to see if there are any references to the supposed leaks, but there it is.

    I'm going to make a video next of all the Grievous voicelines in his folder. Or not, too lazy. I went through them all though and theres nothing in there referring to Padme or whatever. Sorry folks.
    Post edited by LittleCiddles on
  • Jawas Hunt mode Idea:
    dfpvq1ycggxa.jpg
    Jawas are lurking inside a First Order facility trying to find something useful then they found BB8 and then they need to escape away from the First order at the end of the game(if jawas escape) there will be a scene with Poe asking jawas to give bb8 back.
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Seriously, going through these files, theres nothing in here regarding Padme or whatever. Chances are, Padme\Ashoka were potential heroes back when Battlefront 2 was being developed, so they had the voice actors do the VO work. But somewhere the decision was made to not include those characters, and at some point the files were removed. I'm still going to continue looking around, but yeah, I don't believe Ashoka or Padme are ever coming to Battlefront 2. Its not unusual for content to be cut mid-development with references or unfinished pieces left in the game's files.

    The other thing too, I really doubt the guy who was the supposed leak was actually with EA\Dice, if only because doing something like that would make you sooooooooo liable to get sued into oblivion. I really hope nobody would be that dumb to risk their career.

    Like looking at the game's files, theres obviously content that was cut from the game. Grievous' voice lines, for example, are a total of 5. But the files are named: Emote 1, Emote 2, Emote 4, Emote 5, and Emote 8. When you look at a different character, like Maul, they're named sequentially. So in otherwords, Emote 3, 6, and 7 for Grievous were cut from the game, so initially he would've had 8, but was limited to 5.

    Obi-wan looks like he would've had 9, but emote 4, 5, 6, 7 were cut from the game, leaving 1, 2, 3, 8, 9.
  • Mods can you please close this, it’s just recycled bitter arguments and has gone way off topic
  • I thought this was an OT topic thread not a “all the skins I want for succa”
  • It sickens me that y'all try to justify some of the poor decisions made by dice
  • Here we go, heres the entire file structure for Battlefront 2. I've attached it to this post as a txt because pastebin wants me to pay $50 to post it. So here you go. I haven't looked through it at all since its a lot, but thats how the game's file structure looks like. I'm going through it right now to see if there are any references to the supposed leaks, but there it is.

    I'm going to make a video next of all the Grievous voicelines in his folder. Or not, too lazy. I went through them all though and theres nothing in there referring to Padme or whatever. Sorry folks.
    @LittleCiddles @ArchAngeL_777 It’s all here in this video, made simple. PROOF.
    There’s also a bunch of other videos in this series that I really recommend. Super cool and very well made.



  • Seriously, going through these files, theres nothing in here regarding Padme or whatever. Chances are, Padme\Ashoka were potential heroes back when Battlefront 2 was being developed, so they had the voice actors do the VO work. But somewhere the decision was made to not include those characters, and at some point the files were removed. I'm still going to continue looking around, but yeah, I don't believe Ashoka or Padme are ever coming to Battlefront 2. Its not unusual for content to be cut mid-development with references or unfinished pieces left in the game's files.

    The other thing too, I really doubt the guy who was the supposed leak was actually with EA\Dice, if only because doing something like that would make you sooooooooo liable to get sued into oblivion. I really hope nobody would be that dumb to risk their career.

    Like looking at the game's files, theres obviously content that was cut from the game. Grievous' voice lines, for example, are a total of 5. But the files are named: Emote 1, Emote 2, Emote 4, Emote 5, and Emote 8. When you look at a different character, like Maul, they're named sequentially. So in otherwords, Emote 3, 6, and 7 for Grievous were cut from the game, so initially he would've had 8, but was limited to 5.

    Obi-wan looks like he would've had 9, but emote 4, 5, 6, 7 were cut from the game, leaving 1, 2, 3, 8, 9.

    Like I said you are way late on this. The guy has been leaking for two years. His leak about Ahsoka alone is 9 months old. His credibility isn't in question at this point.
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 21
    @TheStickman @ArchAngeL_777

    Yeah, and I'm telling you both that you're not going to get because it was likely cut content that will never see the light of day. It happens all the time with games when theyre being developed. Tons of left over remnants of in-development stuff that was stopped for one reason or another. Every game has it.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    @TheStickman @ArchAngeL_777

    Yeah, and I'm telling you both that you're not going to get because it was likely cut content that will never see the light of day. It happens all the time with games when theyre being developed. Tons of left over remnants of in-development stuff that was stopped for one reason or another. Every game has it.

    I think one thing to note is that DICE is not really independent in their development of this game, they're working with Lucasfilm (especially the Story Group) and Disney to figure out what's the next content drop will be. There's a possibility this game will have some tie-in content drop for the release of TCW Season 7.

    I've assembled all the info that was gathered outside of the Some_Info leaks:

    Grievous voice lines about Padme and Ahsoka



    Tweets gathered from Celebration Chicago to October:
    lowell wrote: »
    Padme's TCW voice actor Catherine Taber just responded to a tweet about Padme being in the game:



    And Dennis just retweeted it under the line: "You call this a diplomatic solution?!"



    There was a tweet requesting OT and ST content added to Co-Op and Dennis retweeted it also:



    1om0klz5obr31.png

    So OT and ST for Co-Op could happen and maybe 4 PT heroes for TCW Season 7: Ahsoka, Ventress, Padme, and either Aurra, Cad, or Jango.
    lowell wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Just don't believe anything you read on internet, that character isn't even planned for this game, and the prove is that none of the multiple threads about this character has received a dev reply ever.

    That also means no denial. Also they aren't allowed to talk about work in progress at least not directly as i said they tried to tease thing through subtle hints because of that. Also people said the same or something similar about droidekas and clone Commandos and they were wirkend on came as we all know now.

    They told us that they are working in the last episode update and also Dennis said that there won't be clone wars after felucia, more content from other eras should be added to balance things and maybe it could took time for that.

    False

    False is your intent trying to defend this argument, everything i said it was said by DICE.

    You tend to leave out the whole sentence every time 😂. So yes, technically false

    Is this the way you debate? Cause in your first post you were worried about others could come here to make salty comments, but you are the only one being salty, you are a person that can't accept facts and only worried to put smile faces all over the way without anything constructive to add.

    This obviously isn’t a debate since you tend to cherry pick comments. We don’t have to debate 😂. You say your piece, I tell you what you messed up on, we move on. Being constructive would be letting someone know the “facts” they are presenting are unfinished and there fore inaccurate. But it is correct we’re having a break, a needed one.

    Let’s finish with this Alex, what does the phrase “for now” means? Or did they not say that?

    Salty would be coming into EVERY CW thread known with distaste....but hey we all got opinions!

    If you think there will be another CW "season" i would tell you that you are speculating and we are debating facts not rumours or speculations.

    You are speculating as well, that’s the point of these threads 😂. Neither of have stated a fact about more CW content, neither of us know. Just remember,
    “moving on from Clone Wars, for now”

    But Alex why do you keep avoiding a simple answer to a question. What does “for now” mean? Surely they didn’t have to put that in the sentence, right?

    First you need to decide what you really want, Movie content or Cartoon characters, cause you couldn't have both.

    I'm not even speculating a thing, the last episode update is coming this december.

    The devs have never said you can't get both.

    And what would Saw Gerrera be, a film or a animated character because he jumped from TV animation to live-action film?

    This is what I've gathered:





    (Could be both the episodes and the game itself)



    (Maybe more than TROS but other new upcoming content that had their own panels at Celebration Chicago)



    (Both show and game possibly)









    Also, if you rather wait for the official announcements that has any confirmation of future content in 2020, go right ahead, but don't try to say those aren't teases because there's some chances they already are, you never know.

    I think all we can do is wait for DICE or even Lucasfilm to break out the news of what will be coming to the game after this month and the future.

    After all, we did get Droidekas, which turned out to not be Environmental Clutter after all:

    wbqszkpeky231.jpg
  • If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?
  • lowell wrote: »
    @TheStickman @ArchAngeL_777

    Yeah, and I'm telling you both that you're not going to get because it was likely cut content that will never see the light of day. It happens all the time with games when theyre being developed. Tons of left over remnants of in-development stuff that was stopped for one reason or another. Every game has it.

    I think one thing to note is that DICE is not really independent in their development of this game, they're working with Lucasfilm (especially the Story Group) and Disney to figure out what's the next content drop will be. There's a possibility this game will have some tie-in content drop for the release of TCW Season 7.

    I've assembled all the info that was gathered outside of the Some_Info leaks:

    Grievous voice lines about Padme and Ahsoka



    Tweets gathered from Celebration Chicago to October:
    lowell wrote: »
    Padme's TCW voice actor Catherine Taber just responded to a tweet about Padme being in the game:



    And Dennis just retweeted it under the line: "You call this a diplomatic solution?!"



    There was a tweet requesting OT and ST content added to Co-Op and Dennis retweeted it also:



    1om0klz5obr31.png

    So OT and ST for Co-Op could happen and maybe 4 PT heroes for TCW Season 7: Ahsoka, Ventress, Padme, and either Aurra, Cad, or Jango.
    lowell wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Just don't believe anything you read on internet, that character isn't even planned for this game, and the prove is that none of the multiple threads about this character has received a dev reply ever.

    That also means no denial. Also they aren't allowed to talk about work in progress at least not directly as i said they tried to tease thing through subtle hints because of that. Also people said the same or something similar about droidekas and clone Commandos and they were wirkend on came as we all know now.

    They told us that they are working in the last episode update and also Dennis said that there won't be clone wars after felucia, more content from other eras should be added to balance things and maybe it could took time for that.

    False

    False is your intent trying to defend this argument, everything i said it was said by DICE.

    You tend to leave out the whole sentence every time 😂. So yes, technically false

    Is this the way you debate? Cause in your first post you were worried about others could come here to make salty comments, but you are the only one being salty, you are a person that can't accept facts and only worried to put smile faces all over the way without anything constructive to add.

    This obviously isn’t a debate since you tend to cherry pick comments. We don’t have to debate 😂. You say your piece, I tell you what you messed up on, we move on. Being constructive would be letting someone know the “facts” they are presenting are unfinished and there fore inaccurate. But it is correct we’re having a break, a needed one.

    Let’s finish with this Alex, what does the phrase “for now” means? Or did they not say that?

    Salty would be coming into EVERY CW thread known with distaste....but hey we all got opinions!

    If you think there will be another CW "season" i would tell you that you are speculating and we are debating facts not rumours or speculations.

    You are speculating as well, that’s the point of these threads 😂. Neither of have stated a fact about more CW content, neither of us know. Just remember,
    “moving on from Clone Wars, for now”

    But Alex why do you keep avoiding a simple answer to a question. What does “for now” mean? Surely they didn’t have to put that in the sentence, right?

    First you need to decide what you really want, Movie content or Cartoon characters, cause you couldn't have both.

    I'm not even speculating a thing, the last episode update is coming this december.

    The devs have never said you can't get both.

    And what would Saw Gerrera be, a film or a animated character because he jumped from TV animation to live-action film?

    This is what I've gathered:





    (Could be both the episodes and the game itself)



    (Maybe more than TROS but other new upcoming content that had their own panels at Celebration Chicago)



    (Both show and game possibly)









    Also, if you rather wait for the official announcements that has any confirmation of future content in 2020, go right ahead, but don't try to say those aren't teases because there's some chances they already are, you never know.

    I think all we can do is wait for DICE or even Lucasfilm to break out the news of what will be coming to the game after this month and the future.

    After all, we did get Droidekas, which turned out to not be Environmental Clutter after all:

    wbqszkpeky231.jpg

    Thank you for derailing a conversation to a completely off topic discussion
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 21
    If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Well, do you work for DICE? Because if you definitely have the inside scoops now, you can tell us everything that's coming before they make the official annoucement.

    Be our new Some_Info!
  • We need backpacks and pauldrons for Stormtroopers
    y3lwaapoldj3.jpg
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • Can we just forget the past, kill it if we have to and end this thread? It’s going nowhere
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    We need backpacks and pauldrons for Stormtroopers
    y3lwaapoldj3.jpg

    Pauldrons 100% for assault and heavy. Simple to make and don’t break canon.
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    We need backpacks and pauldrons for Stormtroopers
    y3lwaapoldj3.jpg

    Pauldrons 100% for assault and heavy. Simple to make and don’t break canon.

    Also we need sullust back, i really love the rebels uniform
    5kwsi71skgt6.png
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • lowell wrote: »
    If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Well, do you work for DICE?

    Does the mystery leaker? No, its unconfirmed. So its the same thing. Basically, you're showing bias to wishful thinking. But given how it was supposedly 9-months ago that this supposed leak was revealed, it goes without saying that it was bunk. Here we are, 9-months later, and theres tons of content that the so-called mystery leaker didn't leak. So yeah, some crystal ball.
  • lowell wrote: »
    If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Well, do you work for DICE? Because if you definitely have the inside scoops now, you can tell us everything that's coming before they make the official annoucement.

    Be our new Some_Info!

    I’m pretty sure imperial royal guards are coming as OT infiltrators
  • We need Sullust and Scarif
    w98qpx1lcfx9.jpg
    m942622834z2.jpg
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    We need Sullust and Scarif
    w98qpx1lcfx9.jpg
    m942622834z2.jpg

    yes YES. The two of these maps will bring a new environment to the game. Really hope they add Mygeeto to add a snow planet to PT and coruscant or fondor for urban environment.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Well, do you work for DICE? Because if you definitely have the inside scoops now, you can tell us everything that's coming before they make the official annoucement.

    Be our new Some_Info!

    I’m pretty sure imperial royal guards are coming as OT infiltrators

    I really want them to have their force pikes this time.

    maxresdefault.jpg
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Well, do you work for DICE?

    Does the mystery leaker? No, its unconfirmed. So its the same thing. Basically, you're showing bias to wishful thinking. But given how it was supposedly 9-months ago that this supposed leak was revealed, it goes without saying that it was bunk. Here we are, 9-months later, and theres tons of content that the so-called mystery leaker didn't leak. So yeah, some crystal ball.

    Well, we'll have to see what's coming. Both Lucasfilm and DICE know all about the plans because they have their direct line of communication and they'll also be the ones releasing all the news.
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Heres a thought, you don't think Droidekas were added to Battlefront 2 because...oh my god...gasp...because they were in Battlefront 2?

    Oh my goodness, I'm like, mario freakin einstein, oh man.
    tenor.gif

  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Heres a thought, you don't think Droidekas were added to Battlefront 2 because...oh my god...gasp...because they were in Battlefront 2?

    Oh my goodness, I'm like, mario freakin einstein, oh man.

    They actually did deny droidekas were in the game and then started that "Crashed Speeder/Environmental Clutter" theory:


  • it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Pretty much what I was thinking. Or post-TROS, its hard to say what they will do, if anything. I'm not aware of any new Battlefield games, and they've already stated they have no interest in Battlefront 3.
  • SnakeMajin
    781 posts Member
    edited January 21
    it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Seriously ?

    For years, we've had a communication team that talked about only the current or following month. They did it to avoid raising people's expectations higher than their actual manpower allows them to meet, which would lead to unnecessary backlash.
    That's the same reason that would lead them to announce right away if support was ending with TROS : to avoid unnecessary backlash.

    Besides, a year ago, this whole forum was gloomy believing only PT would get attention, and the game dead by Fall 2019. I thought with ST now coming in we would have learned a lesson about the way they communicate : they deliver one thing at a time.

    We'll get OT in a few months, when they are done with ST. You don't need a 4-hour dissertation to imagine it, you just need to watch how things have been for two years.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Seriously ?

    For years, we've had a communication team that talked about only the current or following month. They did it to avoid raising people's expectations higher than their actual manpower allows them to meet, which would lead to unnecessary backlash.
    That's the same reason that would lead them to announce right away if support was ending with TROS : to avoid unnecessary backlash.

    Besides, a year ago, this whole forum was gloomy believing only PT would get attention, and the game dead by Fall 2019. I thought with ST now coming in we would have learned a lesson about the way they communicate : they deliver one thing at a time.

    We'll get OT in a few months, when they are done with ST. You don't need a 4-hour dissertation to imagine it, you just need to watch how things have been for two years.

    Even if the game doesn't get more content, it's not really that big of a deal. The game has a lot as is.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Seriously ?

    For years, we've had a communication team that talked about only the current or following month. They did it to avoid raising people's expectations higher than their actual manpower allows them to meet, which would lead to unnecessary backlash.
    That's the same reason that would lead them to announce right away if support was ending with TROS : to avoid unnecessary backlash.

    Besides, a year ago, this whole forum was gloomy believing only PT would get attention, and the game dead by Fall 2019. I thought with ST now coming in we would have learned a lesson about the way they communicate : they deliver one thing at a time.

    We'll get OT in a few months, when they are done with ST. You don't need a 4-hour dissertation to imagine it, you just need to watch how things have been for two years.

    Even if the game doesn't get more content, it's not really that big of a deal. The game has a lot as is.

    Eh, the Celebration Edition basically gave them a second wind of funding to keep the game going. Once we receive the Ultimate Edition and the announcement of a new installment, it'll signal the end of development of this one.

    They basically don't want to do a new Battlefront yet and guessing they've planned out far ahead with Lucasfilm about what types of content they want to do for a while for the game:

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-22-restoring-trust-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're almost two years past launch and turned up to gamescom with one of our biggest announcements and capture events since launch, if not the biggest.

    We're excited for the future.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Seriously ?

    For years, we've had a communication team that talked about only the current or following month. They did it to avoid raising people's expectations higher than their actual manpower allows them to meet, which would lead to unnecessary backlash.
    That's the same reason that would lead them to announce right away if support was ending with TROS : to avoid unnecessary backlash.

    Besides, a year ago, this whole forum was gloomy believing only PT would get attention, and the game dead by Fall 2019. I thought with ST now coming in we would have learned a lesson about the way they communicate : they deliver one thing at a time.

    We'll get OT in a few months, when they are done with ST. You don't need a 4-hour dissertation to imagine it, you just need to watch how things have been for two years.

    Even if the game doesn't get more content, it's not really that big of a deal. The game has a lot as is.

    Well, I'm not expecting strict equality between all eras in all fields. I mean OT era was covered by more films so may have more "main" maps and heroes to offer, PT did have more obvious skin opportunities, and ST simply is new.

    But I expect equality in terms of gameplay. So at least all eras would join the new game modes with all their maps, get a similar amount of reinforcements including infiltrators, the same minimum of 4 era-accurate heroes in all factions for diversity but immersion in era-restricted modes.

    I admit I don't think I'm too optimistic believing we'll get a pair of OT heroes, infiltrators and a new map for the latest game modes to start OT-wave. My bet is on Rogue One related stuff. But I do bet that because we got a similar content when PT and ST joined the later game modes.
  • if you can't tell this game has been on skeleton crew for awhile now...

    they are throwing out minor updates riddled with obvious, glaring bugs, glad you are pumped about that, but this game is bleeding out
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    it's not obvious the game will get much more attention post-TROS

    Seriously ?

    For years, we've had a communication team that talked about only the current or following month. They did it to avoid raising people's expectations higher than their actual manpower allows them to meet, which would lead to unnecessary backlash.
    That's the same reason that would lead them to announce right away if support was ending with TROS : to avoid unnecessary backlash.

    Besides, a year ago, this whole forum was gloomy believing only PT would get attention, and the game dead by Fall 2019. I thought with ST now coming in we would have learned a lesson about the way they communicate : they deliver one thing at a time.

    We'll get OT in a few months, when they are done with ST. You don't need a 4-hour dissertation to imagine it, you just need to watch how things have been for two years.

    Even if the game doesn't get more content, it's not really that big of a deal. The game has a lot as is.

    Well, I'm not expecting strict equality between all eras in all fields. I mean OT era was covered by more films so may have more "main" maps and heroes to offer, PT did have more obvious skin opportunities, and ST simply is new.

    But I expect equality in terms of gameplay. So at least all eras would join the new game modes with all their maps, get a similar amount of reinforcements including infiltrators, the same minimum of 4 era-accurate heroes in all factions for diversity but immersion in era-restricted modes.

    I admit I don't think I'm too optimistic believing we'll get a pair of OT heroes, infiltrators and a new map for the latest game modes to start OT-wave. My bet is on Rogue One related stuff. But I do bet that because we got a similar content when PT and ST joined the later game modes.

    If they do want to give OT the year-long treatment, wouldn't be surprised if Rebels, the Marvel Comics, the Mandalorian join the fold in addition to Rogue One for content, considering there will be a new season of the Mandalorian and other shows (animated and live-action) coming in the near future. Celebration Anaheim is probably going to contain a lot of announcements.
  • if you can't tell this game has been on skeleton crew for awhile now...

    they are throwing out minor updates riddled with obvious, glaring bugs, glad you are pumped about that, but this game is bleeding out

    You just ignore my point on the way they work and communicate. Being a skeleton crew or not doesn't change that, nor do I deny they have difficulties.

    But I'm just optimistic because there is a pattern in how they work despite their difficulties. Or at least I don't lose 10 minutes of lifetime at each update because getting bugs or waiting is too hard for me to handle.
  • If you can believe some random guy on the internet about mystery leaks, how come you can't believe my mystery leak that its not going to happen?

    Difference is Some Info has a track record of being right. You being someone random not having a track record is the difference lol
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    Mods can you please close this, it’s just recycled bitter arguments and has gone way off topic

    Rather than close it, I expect to see the mods clean this thread so it shows OT fans talking about OT stuff only, which is what they do for the PT threads.

    Oh wait, they won't. They'll just close it completely like they did with the Rogue One thread, after PT fans derail it enough to get closed.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
Sign In or Register to comment.