criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This is the TRUE Reason why CHAIN LIGHTNING is so OP/Inconsistent Nowadays

Prev13
Brace yourselves!

The video above shows all the evidence we need to be sure what's really going on. Since they made the change so Force Powers would hit a blocking enemy from behind, Chain Lightning has been beyond broken.

At first I thought it was an issue with the Show No Mercy Star Card. But it happens that I was wrong: I didn't make both tests (with and without the card) in the same place with the heroes facing the same directions. That was a serious mistake.

A few days ago I then revisisted this BUG and to my surprise this happened:
giphy.gif

It wasn't making much sense. But then I realised what's going on and it can be seen in the video I posted above:

Chain Lightning will only hit a blocking enemy if he's facing certain directions on the map, while it won't hit in the other remaining directions. To be clearer:

jlvz8ga4tj8w.png

You can look at your radar to find the North and South, and then you can manipulate your facing position to always block Chain Lightning, even if Palpatine is casting it on your exposed back. It doesn't matter where you're on the map, it matters to where you're facing.

@F8RGE will this be fixed in the Palpatine changes for January 30th?

The BUG report for this can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Chain-Lightning-Unreliability-BUG-Exposed/m-p/8673943#M27421

@EA_Tom
If possible, forward this to the team with haste. Maybe we can get it fixed before February's patch
-----
Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• polarition wrote: »
    I actually think Chain Lightning SHOULD break blocks.

No 🤨
  • Psy3d
    1155 posts Member
    Thread NEEDS to be bumped. Always found it a bit weird Palp never got me if I had him on a side while I'm on a full block...thought server lag or something. This explains it clearly.

And we all know it won't be fixed anytime soon in coming months...so best to know the workaround highlighted. Great work as usual @RogueZeroRendar

No 🤨

I'm actually not opposed to it breaking blocks either. Especially since they are nerfing his base lightning.

You’re going down a path I can not follow
  • Awesome work yet again.

I would never have guessed this was the cause.
    Confidence born of ignorance

same nice to actually have some block breakers in this game.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • @RogueZeroRendar great work man, you should be on Dice's payroll.
  • anidriX
    1754 posts Member
    Awesome work yet again.

DICE wouldn't have either.
  • Darth_Ruin_0
    257 posts Member
    edited January 23
    0fuej07dha7h.gif
  • Chico
    730 posts Member
    @RogueZeroRendar is a genius. DICE/EA you should learn from this. Pls start listening to this guy
  • Thanks for the support guys! It means a lot to me!

The more attention this gets, the more chances we have that they prioritize this. I posted it on reddit too (hopefully one of these will grab their attention): https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/esyo6k/here_is_the_true_reason_why_chain_lightning_is_so
    Awesome work yet again.

Me neither, @Lawnmow3rMan asked me if the glitch was still working, and when I checked it something was funny, so I investigated a bit further. Then I finally understood what was going on. I suppose they somehow mixed Relative Positioning with Absolute Positioning, as it was when they made abilities hit from behind a block that this glitch appeared. It's weird that the 'hit' and 'block' regions are a bit tilted (it even seems like Earth's Magnetic Field), but that could mean the mistake isn't easy to spot code-wisely, but this is just speculation.
    unit900000 wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »

same nice to actually have some block breakers in this game.

I too think some abilities could break/bypass blocks, besides that totally useless Anakin's Passionate Strike. Even if only through Star Cards' effects.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

No 🤨

Palpatine has no way of getting through Saber blocks. Sabers can block for way too long of time with him. He needs a block breaker. Chain Lightning doesn't do too much damage and still breaks the block which is a good balance.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • JMaster
    2535 posts Member
    @RogueZeroRendar Dude, this is impressive detective work. You're one of the most insightful people on the forums and you're always bringing up issues that truly matter to the game, and this is particularly revealing. I'm positively stunned (Eh? Ehh?) as to how this happens, but I guess I can't be surprised by much in this game anymore. Still, good on you.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.

No 🤨

Palpatine has no way of getting through Saber blocks. Sabers can block for way too long of time with him. He needs a block breaker. Chain Lightning doesn't do too much damage and still breaks the block which is a good balance.

He can’t go through them but he sure does drain that stamina faster than anyone in the game probably. Plus dark Aura damages them. Everyone doesn’t need a block breaker, DS has Iden, Vader, Maul, boosk, Boba, to deal with blocks. Palps doesn’t need it.

If we’re talking just hitting through blocks, if he does little damage with it why would he need it anyway? Or he could just waste their block away with his lightning. They’ll just continue to block and regenerate that health lost. Plus if we’re talking about lowering their block, what’s stopping the un ending DS combos. Let’s say it’s 4v4 with all LS sabers, he breaks block, kylo freezes, easy lightnight, only to be followed up my a Vader choke to more lightning. Throw in any of GG abilities and it’s ouch time. The LS needs the block breakers more than the DS

No 🤨

He can’t go through them but he sure does drain that stamina faster than anyone in the game probably. Plus dark Aura damages them. Everyone doesn’t need a block breaker, DS has Iden, Vader, Maul, boosk, Boba, to deal with blocks. Palps doesn’t need it.

If we’re talking just hitting through blocks, if he does little damage with it why would he need it anyway? Or he could just waste their block away with his lightning. They’ll just continue to block and regenerate that health lost. Plus if we’re talking about lowering their block, what’s stopping the un ending DS combos. Let’s say it’s 4v4 with all LS sabers, he breaks block, kylo freezes, easy lightnight, only to be followed up my a Vader choke to more lightning. Throw in any of GG abilities and it’s ouch time. The LS needs the block breakers more than the DS

It literally breaks blocks now. You're acting like them letting his chain lightning continue breaking blocks will suddenly have a different effect since it's official. There is no endless DS combos. Right now there's unending LS combos with all the force throws.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

It literally breaks blocks now. You're acting like them letting his chain lightning continue breaking blocks will suddenly have a different effect since it's official. There is no endless DS combos. Right now there's unending LS combos with all the force throws.

As a bug, and not all the time. Palps do just fine against sabers without it, since you can just drain their stamina without even coming close to them as I said. He doesn’t NEED it. It’s a WANT. Not EVERY character needs a block break, as stated, DS has enough, just use palp better.

Dark side has no combos compared to the LS? Cmon, sometimes I really wonder if you play this game 🧐😒

• polarition
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 24

No 🤨

As a bug, and not all the time. Palps do just fine against sabers without it, since you can just drain their stamina without even coming close to them as I said. He doesn’t NEED it. It’s a WANT. Not EVERY character needs a block break, as stated, DS has enough, just use palp better.

Dark side has no combos compared to the LS? Cmon, sometimes I really wonder if you play this game 🧐😒

Can't even go through one single debate with me without an insult. That's incredibly sad. So, let's get down to what's really going on:

You have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. I'm saying Palpatine should be able to break blocks with chain lightning and you decided to interrupt the discussion with some random nonsense talking about how it would allow the DS to have combos, which in no scenario would it allow for that. It breaks a block temporarily to allow damage, not make them drop their block completely like a stun. But, given the fact that I'm talking to you and not someone with common sense, I can see how that logic could have escaped you.

You may not have noticed with your narrow vision, but Palpatine is going to be getting nerfed soon. Because of that, I believe he should be able to continue breaking blocks as a way of ensuring he has a defense against saber heroes. It is as simple as that.

And yes, I'm glad you were able to grasp the simple understanding of the English language to determine I was talking about something I want, not need. Congratulations. Round of applause. A+.

For future reference, I'd just like you to know that I understand you have some kind of weird fixation on me. You constantly feel the need to respond to my posts and try to insult me for whatever reason you have. And, while I am always glad to correct you when you typically show a struggle when understanding posts with more than 3 words, I encourage you to strive to do better in your education back at home so that when you do respond to my posts during recess, you can keep up.

cmwz89b27voa.gif

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

Can't even go through one single debate with me without an insult. That's incredibly sad. So, let's get down to what's really going on:

You have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. I'm saying Palpatine should be able to break blocks with chain lightning and you decided to interrupt the discussion with some random nonsense talking about how it would allow the DS to have combos, which in no scenario would it allow for that. It breaks a block temporarily to allow damage, not make them drop their block completely like a stun. But, given the fact that I'm talking to you and not someone with common sense, I can see how that logic could have escaped you.

You may not have noticed with your narrow vision, but Palpatine is going to be getting nerfed soon. Because of that, I believe he should be able to continue breaking blocks as a way of ensuring he has a defense against saber heroes. It is as simple as that.

And yes, I'm glad you were able to grasp the simple understanding of the English language to determine I was talking about something I want, not need. Congratulations. Round of applause. A+.

For future reference, I'd just like you to know that I understand you have some kind of weird fixation on me. You constantly feel the need to respond to my posts and try to insult me for whatever reason you have. And, while I am always glad to correct you when you typically show a struggle when understanding posts with more than 3 words, I encourage you to strive to do better in your education back at home so that when you do respond to my posts during recess, you can keep up.

cmwz89b27voa.gif

The effing victim card as always 🤪. Where did I insult you?! LOL, but then took a break from your highscool mid terms to try and right an essay to “insult” me 🤔. Bruh i even mentioned the stun THROUGH block, please try and read instead of getting trigger fingers. You have no idea what’s going on in HvV if you don’t think DS has combos, regardless of Palp, LOL. Please realize what’s going on in the game. It won’t make a difference it’s as simple as that, it doesn’t now, it’s a bug that needs certain circumstances IN THE MATCH to even trigger, so you wouldn’t be using it 24/7.

Lol I’m telling you it wouldn’t matter, you don’t even know the nerfs yet to know he’ll NEED it, cmon now. Please comprehend.

You’re so soft 🤯. You get so worked up about nothing
  • I’m sorry Rogue that some kids can’t comprehend a simple convo, I’ll refrain from that convo for your thread, some people are just too sensitive and ignorant LOL.
  • Dude needs a pay cheque.

No 🤨

cmwz89b27voa.gif

The effing victim card as always 🤪. Where did I insult you?! LOL, but then took a break from your highscool mid terms to try and right an essay to “insult” me 🤔. Bruh i even mentioned the stun THROUGH block, please try and read instead of getting trigger fingers. You have no idea what’s going on in HvV if you don’t think DS has combos, regardless of Palp, LOL. Please realize what’s going on in the game. It won’t make a difference it’s as simple as that, it doesn’t now, it’s a bug that needs certain circumstances IN THE MATCH to even trigger, so you wouldn’t be using it 24/7.

Lol I’m telling you it wouldn’t matter, you don’t even know the nerfs yet to know he’ll NEED it, cmon now. Please comprehend.

I can only lead you to the truth. I can't make you believe it.

t8c0l5yeq6vc.gif

72aob7b857pp.png
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Thanks Rogue.

I've forwarded it to to our team so they can check it out.

PM him for the address to mail the check to

How much are y'all gonna pay him?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• EA_Tom wrote: »
    Thanks Rogue.

I've forwarded it to to our team so they can check it out.

I would say THANKS ROGUE!!!

(and I'd use his insight more since he probably understands the issues with this game better than anyone on the planet and has been trying to assist you guys free of charge...)

No 🤨

cmwz89b27voa.gif

t8c0l5yeq6vc.gif

Unless they severely gimp his dodge, Palps probably won’t need Chain lightning to break blocks. He does plenty of Stan damage as is.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

No 🤨

cmwz89b27voa.gif

t8c0l5yeq6vc.gif

Ladies,Ladies settle down, my god.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• This is where I would give you an insightful, but um...

No problem, it isn't like Insightful is the new LOL
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

No problem, it isn't like Insightful is the new LOL

Lmao

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

No 🤨

cmwz89b27voa.gif

t8c0l5yeq6vc.gif

Ladies,Ladies settle down, my god.

You can never silence me CHILD

No 🤨

by that logic, all blasters should break block. seriously that's a terrible idea. he already melts stamina bars as it is, never mind block breaking.

No 🤨

by that logic, all blasters should break block. seriously that's a terrible idea. he already melts stamina bars as it is, never mind block breaking.

He melts his own stamina bar. Have you played Palpatine? His stamina runs out far before any saber stamina does.

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

He melts his own stamina bar. Have you played Palpatine? His stamina runs out far before any saber stamina does.

Have you faced an Anakin as palp?

No 🤨

Yep. Kill him every time.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • ROMG4
    4732 posts Member
    You can never silence me CHILD
    *Has over 20 quotes attached to this reply chain with no trimming*

3n6vgh.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

No 🤨

No you said palp stamina runs out before any saber stamina does. That’s not true. Anakin says hello

No 🤨

No you said palp stamina runs out before any saber stamina does. That’s not true. Anakin says hello

1) What you just said is based completely on nothing but your own thoughts.
    2) No, Anakin's stamina didn't run out when I faced him as Palpatine LAST NIGHT

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

It's too early in the morning for me to have to explain stamina regeneration, dodges and other factors that lead into a saber hero being able to block Palpatine's lightning for a longer period of time than it takes for his stamina to run out. You can go playtest yourself.

72aob7b857pp.png
This discussion has been closed.